Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
punkyb87
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 28

Highest paying role w/ disney college program?

Hi, I'm new here and i have been lurking for about a week and I have an interview today with the college program and I was wondering what is the highest paying role? is it custodial, hospitality, fast food, character, vacation planner, costuming, bell svc dispatch, transportation, backstage
etc.......
punkyb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
_frazzle
Disney Store CM :)
 
_frazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Orange County, NY
Posts: 329

I'm pretty sure it's lifeguarding but I could be wrong :]
__________________



_frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-20-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
punkyb87
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by _frazzle View Post
I'm pretty sure it's lifeguarding but I could be wrong :]
aw man thx a bunch i can't swim so i will be needing a lifeguard myself lol anything other than life guarding... ...any1? what jobs make like 7- 8 something an hour
punkyb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
Scully12
Mouseketeer
 
Scully12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Too far from WDW.
Posts: 251

Bibbity Bobbity Boutique makes a lot and also gets tips.
__________________
*Great Movie Ride CP '08*
Scully12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
fmrcp06
It's MGM STUDIOS... none of this Hollywood jazz...
 
fmrcp06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkyb87 View Post
Hi, I'm new here and i have been lurking for about a week and I have an interview today with the college program and I was wondering what is the highest paying role? is it custodial, hospitality, fast food, character, vacation planner, costuming, bell svc dispatch, transportation, backstage
etc.......
Hi there,

I am a campus rep, and can answer this for you. The highest paid role for a CP is QSFB. The hours can be grueling, and guest interaction is HUGE. They def deserve to be paid more... they work extremely hard.
fmrcp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
Jules76126
Practically Perfect in Every Way
 
Jules76126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 377

I think at this point everyone makes over 7 dollars an hour. My letter for attractions said 7.14. However can i give you a work of advice. Dont apply for a role just because it makes more money than the others. You will be working hours and you want to be doing somethign that you like. Yes QSFB might make the most money but I know personally I would not want to be selling mickey ice cream bars in the sun for 6 months so I would rather take the pay cut and work somewhere else. Thats just my two cents.
__________________
You Know that place between asleep and awake where you still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always think of you.~Peter Pan


College Program Advantage 09- Attractions
College Program Spring Advantage 07- Spaceship Earth

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/m661yxwela1sliq2.png[/img]

OffSite Christmas 2007,
Beach Club Villas April 2006, Beach Club Villas March 2006, Beach Club Villas October 2004, Beach Club Villas October 2002, Port Orleans October 2001, DisneyLand Paris June 200, Boardwalk Villas April 2000, Old Key West May 1998, Beach Club May 1994, Dolphin 1990
Jules76126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #7
punkyb87
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrcp06 View Post
Hi there,

I am a campus rep, and can answer this for you. The highest paid role for a CP is QSFB. The hours can be grueling, and guest interaction is HUGE. They def deserve to be paid more... they work extremely hard.
oh ok thk u so mcuh
punkyb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #8
punkyb87
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules76126 View Post
I think at this point everyone makes over 7 dollars an hour. My letter for attractions said 7.14. However can i give you a work of advice. Dont apply for a role just because it makes more money than the others. You will be working hours and you want to be doing somethign that you like. Yes QSFB might make the most money but I know personally I would not want to be selling mickey ice cream bars in the sun for 6 months so I would rather take the pay cut and work somewhere else. Thats just my two cents.
you are are right thk u for the peace of mind ...i just got off the phone from doing my interview (literally) and if i do get accepted i think i will end up in merchandise or qsfb because i didn't even tell her that was what i wanted to do but she was like and i see here that you worked at so and so and so and so so you have some experience in retail and etc so lets go over merchandise and qsfb and i was like ...ok the 2 things i didn't want to do i wanted to try something different ..but oh well now im just hoping i get accepted im nervous cuz im not taking any classes this semester
and she said are you enrolled in school and taking at least 1 class i was like yes... and then i waas like wait... no im not taking any classes... but i kept that part to myself
punkyb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #9
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules76126 View Post
I think at this point everyone makes over 7 dollars an hour. My letter for attractions said 7.14. However can i give you a work of advice. Dont apply for a role just because it makes more money than the others. You will be working hours and you want to be doing somethign that you like. Yes QSFB might make the most money but I know personally I would not want to be selling mickey ice cream bars in the sun for 6 months so I would rather take the pay cut and work somewhere else. Thats just my two cents.
Exactly!! I'd rather work in a role that makes less, but makes me happy, then work in a role that makes more but I don't like. Besides, you can always pick up extra hours.
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #10
BrittneyMichelle
Learning from the mouse
 
BrittneyMichelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 36

I'm parking lot attendant and i'll be getting 9 something an hour
which is above minimum wage.

But this is California so the minimum is higher
__________________
Spring 2012 WDWCP hopeful!!

"No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true"
BrittneyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
lea509
Loving My Ears
 
lea509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 41

California is always going to make more money - I know Custodial at WDW makes over eight dollars, I think they are one of the better paid
lea509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #12
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,797

For the DL CP, the pay rate is higher. But they also have to pay more for housing. It all evens out for both CPs.
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #13
lauraebeth
Mouseketeer
 
lauraebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 233

lifeguarding has the highest base pay. . .

and then QSR gets. base + $0.50 for the job, and then if you work in MK it's $0.75 additionally i think...
lauraebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #14
CelebrationNM
Guestologist
 
CelebrationNM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkyb87 View Post
oh well now im just hoping i get accepted im nervous cuz im not taking any classes this semester
and she said are you enrolled in school and taking at least 1 class i was like yes... and then i waas like wait... no im not taking any classes... but i kept that part to myself
I hope I'm not understanding you correctly here. If I am, maybe I'm old-school, but I think it's best to tell the entire truth during interviews.

If somebody were to find out out that a candidate lied, then that candidate will have a reputation for being dishonest and will not get hired because they cannot be trusted.
nick
CelebrationNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #15
lauraebeth
Mouseketeer
 
lauraebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelebrationNM View Post
I hope I'm not understanding you correctly here. If I am, maybe I'm old-school, but I think it's best to tell the entire truth during interviews.

If somebody were to find out out that a candidate lied, then that candidate will have a reputation for being dishonest and will not get hired because they cannot be trusted.
nick
also, if you're accepted, you have to submit transcripts signed by your university
lauraebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: