Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #76
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
I really like that backpack, it's cute! But still neutral for the boys to wear if they need to. I say get it!

We brought breakfast food this past trip and didn't really eat it. We always bring bottled water and juices to take with us. We also take small snacks, granola bars and stuff like that.

The food for us at DLR is hard to resist! But also even though we're big eaters, we could each eat a pretzel and a coke and be full for a couple hours.
I think I will buy the backpack

I was thinking for sure on water. Juices sound like a great idea too I think I might have to make a list of things of things I want to buy.

I know for sure I'd like to bring some jerky and maybe fruit leather as well ! There is also a list of food that we want to try at the park so we probably won't be able to resist getting things at the park. Thanks for your opinion Courtney!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #77
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

So, I bought the backpack on amazon! It totaled to $22.99 ! No shipping cost at all Its supposed to come between the 11th - 16th. I'm pretty excited to see what it looks like

I've been planning planning planning in my head and being 24 days away, I can't help but be antsy; especially with all these wonderful TR to get me all excited about our trip.

The main thing for me is planning what I am going to buy for food for this trip. So far I know I want to pack food that we eat and sustain past lunchtime because we're all on a budget for this trip. I am planning on making food the night before with my mother (we're gonna make sandwich rolls!) we're going to bring a small cooler to keep them fresh

I want to go to the store and get these food items for the trip :

1. Water
2. Juice
3. Beef Jerky
4. Trail Mix
5. Fruit Leather
6. Chex Mix
7. Breakfast pockets

Other than that, we're pretty game for just checking out food we want to eat because disneyL0VE, TheAXIOM, and I have a list of food that we've been DYING to try while we are there.

The things we want to try are :

1. Bengal BBQ
2. Tinkerbell Twist
3. Minnie & Friends breakfast

I still need to get PS for Minnie & friends breakfast, but I am torn on what day to do it! I know that we want to take advantage of the park but I'm a little worried that we won't be able to get a lot done on Saturday & Sunday seeing that it is the last days of the Christmas decor and it is so close to New Years that I think people will spill over to the weekend. With that, I'm thinking of maybe getting the character breakfast done on Monday because the decor will not be there and the pace will be slower that day so we'll be able to get a lot done without having to rush to places to wait in line for a long time. I'm not sure though. Anyone have any good ideas ?

I also need to make new LGMHs because the ones I made broke and disneyL0VE's fell off on Space Mountain. The clip thingy didn't work out so well I'm hoping that in the end, they will stick and work!

In terms of the park, I know that we're planning on seeing the Aladdin musical, fantasmic, the fireworks, and taking a good amount of time in the animation theater. I really want this trip to fill my cousin with magic since he is not really a Disney fanatic (like the rest of our family is). Other than that, the only other thing I'm expecting from this trip is taking a million pictures and cracking up really hard

Last edited by wazowskiLOVER:); 12-09-2008 at 11:27 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #78
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

OoOOoHHH!! Bengal BBQ! I want to try there to. Everytime we walked by it smelled so good I was drooling. Yummm.

We were looking at pictures from Emmers at her Dream Suite and she had pictures from Minnie's Breakfast and I was showing Jesus, and he was like "OMG. Look at those huge sasuages! OMG. We have to go there!!!" lol. Silly boy.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
OoOOoHHH!! Bengal BBQ! I want to try there to. Everytime we walked by it smelled so good I was drooling. Yummm.

We were looking at pictures from Emmers at her Dream Suite and she had pictures from Minnie's Breakfast and I was showing Jesus, and he was like "OMG. Look at those huge sasuages! OMG. We have to go there!!!" lol. Silly boy.
Thats hilarious !!

He does sound silly ! Thats how Eric is about food too

I'm really excited about Bengal BBQ even if it doesn't look like a lot of food for so much money (isn't that how DL is anyway in terms of food?). So I'm thinking I'll bring drinks and chips when we go get food from there
Old 12-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #80
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

The chicken skewers at Bengal BBQ are particularly good. Bengal BBQ used to sell these great orange and lemon swirled sorbet thingies and stopped years ago. I loved those. Way better than Dole Whips.

You know, I think I would like to see the Aladdin show too. I hadn't given it much thought before now, and I don't know why, but I think it would be pretty good. The only thing is that I don't know where I am going to squeeze it in on this upcoming trip. We are getting there late on Friday the 19th, and not going into the parks that night, as far as I know (subject to change). We will probably eat and go listen to the carolers in the GCH with our cocoa. The next day, other friends are joining us and I don't think they would be down with the Aladdin show. The following day, my friend can't stay too long at DLR but I think she would like Aladdin too. I would want to squeeze it in while she is still with me, but I don't know if we can pull it off. There is just never enough time to do everything! You really do need like a good block of several days in the parks to be able to get to everything!

Anyway, if you end up seeing Aladdin and I miss it, make sure to let me know how it is!!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
The chicken skewers at Bengal BBQ are particularly good. Bengal BBQ used to sell these great orange and lemon swirled sorbet thingies and stopped years ago. I loved those. Way better than Dole Whips.

You know, I think I would like to see the Aladdin show too. I hadn't given it much thought before now, and I don't know why, but I think it would be pretty good. The only thing is that I don't know where I am going to squeeze it in on this upcoming trip. We are getting there late on Friday the 19th, and not going into the parks that night, as far as I know (subject to change). We will probably eat and go listen to the carolers in the GCH with our cocoa. The next day, other friends are joining us and I don't think they would be down with the Aladdin show. The following day, my friend can't stay too long at DLR but I think she would like Aladdin too. I would want to squeeze it in while she is still with me, but I don't know if we can pull it off. There is just never enough time to do everything! You really do need like a good block of several days in the parks to be able to get to everything!

Anyway, if you end up seeing Aladdin and I miss it, make sure to let me know how it is!!!
I've actually seen it about 5 times and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Its really something you can't miss. Eric says its what puts him in the Disney mood. I'm surprised you haven't seen it because its one of the things that I have to go see ! Believe me Sherry, I know you'll love it! You should really go and try to see it
Old 12-10-2008, 02:56 AM   #82
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
I've actually seen it about 5 times and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Its really something you can't miss. Eric says its what puts him in the Disney mood. I'm surprised you haven't seen it because its one of the things that I have to go see ! Believe me Sherry, I know you'll love it! You should really go and try to see it
I am in FIRM agreement with WazowskiLOVER here. This is a definite MUST. I have heard it said by those who have visited Disney parks around the world that this show is tops.

I hope you make it!

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #83
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
I am in FIRM agreement with WazowskiLOVER here. This is a definite MUST. I have heard it said by those who have visited Disney parks around the world that this show is tops.

I hope you make it!
I am hoping to see it! I should probably get into this ordeal over in my own TR thread rather than hogging up space in Jasmine's thread, but our scheduling for this trip next week at DLR is going to be slightly different than it usually is when we go, and I am not thrilled about it. See, normally one friend and I get to DLR first on day one and have a whole day and evening to do whatever in the parks we want and then the second day is usually devoted to other friends coming to join us. Now, when we have several people joining us, we usually just end up eating and going on a couple of rides, taking a few pictures and then the day is already over because we spend a lot of time chatting and catching up in between eating and rides. It is usually pretty chaotic because we never know exactly when the other people are joining up with us or where they will want to eat, what they will want to do, and it just seems like that 'second day schedule' is reserved for visiting with the other friends and chatting, and not doing too many activities - especially if they only show up for a few hours. And then the third day - if there is one - is usually just a few hours max spent in one of the parks (not both) before we head home. So this next time, next week, my friend and I are getting to DLR late on the first day, like closer to early evening, and my friend is not getting a 3-day Hopper. She is only getting a 2-day hopper, to be used on the next day when the other friends show up, and on the third day, for a few hours. So we will not have a whole day to ourselves to do things like the Aladdin show. We won't be able to do it on Friday, we can't do it on Saturday (those other friends joining us won't like it), most likely, and we would have to squeeze it in somewhere in just a few hours on Sunday if we saw it then. It is going to be a little tough. However, I WILL have some time on my own in the second part of the third day, and even for a few hours on the check-out day, SO I may try to catch Aladdin by myself before I leave!!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I am hoping to see it! I should probably get into this ordeal over in my own TR thread rather than hogging up space in Jasmine's thread, but our scheduling for this trip next week at DLR is going to be slightly different than it usually is when we go, and I am not thrilled about it. See, normally one friend and I get to DLR first on day one and have a whole day and evening to do whatever in the parks we want and then the second day is usually devoted to other friends coming to join us. Now, when we have several people joining us, we usually just end up eating and going on a couple of rides, taking a few pictures and then the day is already over because we spend a lot of time chatting and catching up in between eating and rides. It is usually pretty chaotic because we never know exactly when the other people are joining up with us or where they will want to eat, what they will want to do, and it just seems like that 'second day schedule' is reserved for visiting with the other friends and chatting, and not doing too many activities - especially if they only show up for a few hours. And then the third day - if there is one - is usually just a few hours max spent in one of the parks (not both) before we head home. So this next time, next week, my friend and I are getting to DLR late on the first day, like closer to early evening, and my friend is not getting a 3-day Hopper. She is only getting a 2-day hopper, to be used on the next day when the other friends show up, and on the third day, for a few hours. So we will not have a whole day to ourselves to do things like the Aladdin show. We won't be able to do it on Friday, we can't do it on Saturday (those other friends joining us won't like it), most likely, and we would have to squeeze it in somewhere in just a few hours on Sunday if we saw it then. It is going to be a little tough. However, I WILL have some time on my own in the second part of the third day, and even for a few hours on the check-out day, SO I may try to catch Aladdin by myself before I leave!!!
GEEEZ ! Well that sucks! Its a shame that you have to sacrifice some things when you go there, but I totally understand. That happened the last time we went to DL. When we went in October, I knew I would not e able to see all the things we would want to because we had 2 newbies and 2 people who hadn't been there in 20 years. I knew it would slow EVERYTHING down and it did. It was a heck of a lot of slowing down to see all the little things.

This time we'll be able to speed it up a bit more.

On a side note, I am REALLLLY stoked about the gas prices right now. I just filled my tank for $17. If it keeps the way it does, we're going to save SOO much money by driving there! WOO !!!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #85

I've been looking at the event schedule for the time that we are there and there are a few things that I want to make sure that we see; the parades. We need to see them all on Saturday & Sunday. These are the ones I want to see :

Pixar Play Parade
Main St. Electrical Parade
Fireworks
Aladdin Musical
Fantasmic

I'm hoping that we can somehow fit all of these in on Saturday & Sunday. This is always up in the air for watching the Electrical Parade & the fireworks because of the weather. Who knows if it will be cancelled. I'm really going to try and fit all these in. I'm not sure which days to do these.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #86

Hey guys,

so what turned out to be an awful day just got a little okay. I've been dealing with a lot of stress today and crying for a ridiculous reason. It sucks dealing with life. ANYWHOOO, I got my backpack and I love it. I'm very happy with it, so anyone who wants to get it, go for it!

With my trip coming up soon and all the issues I'm dealing with right now, I feel like such a selfish person to be spending money on this trip when it could be going to my education. I really need to get my butt into gear and find a better job to pay for school.

Geez, I'm sorry guys. I'm a downer.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #87
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
Hey guys,

so what turned out to be an awful day just got a little okay. I've been dealing with a lot of stress today and crying for a ridiculous reason. It sucks dealing with life. ANYWHOOO, I got my backpack and I love it. I'm very happy with it, so anyone who wants to get it, go for it!

With my trip coming up soon and all the issues I'm dealing with right now, I feel like such a selfish person to be spending money on this trip when it could be going to my education. I really need to get my butt into gear and find a better job to pay for school.

Geez, I'm sorry guys. I'm a downer.
Aw!!! It's OK!!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm on board for your trip!!

Old 12-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Aw!!! It's OK!!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm on board for your trip!!

Thanks mel I'm happy you are !!!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:19 AM   #89

Hey everyone

I'm updating now ! Yay.

So the issues I was having before are still there, but I have a wonderful family that is helping me out (thank god for that!).

My fiancee got this beauty for me for Christmas :

I'm sooo stoked about it! For those who don't know, its a 60 minute Flip Video camera.

My mom also got me this (its gonna work so well for our road trip):

Its so terrible that I know what I'm getting for Christmas but its so much easier when we tell each other what we want. My parents also bought me an adapter for my car to play the music since mine died.

Getting all these cool gadgets is making me so excited about our trip. We only have 18 more days!

I still have not made my PS for Minnie & Friends breakfast, so I need to do that soon. I'm a little side tracked this week because its finals week and I'm getting all my stuff done. Most of my finals consist of turning in work or a portfolio (I'm a graphic design major). I just can't wait to get this week done so I can get things done for our trip.

I really need to make new LGMHs !!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #90

I've been on the DIS and we all have been discussing the same topic for the past day or so, the weather.

I can't believe the weather is like this in California. It seems ridiculous. When I go outside, there is snow in the hills; in the BAY AREA !?! Absurd! This is making me worry, and I'm not even sure I should be. Our trip isn't until the 3rd and I know I have about 16 days for the weather to clear up, but what if it doesn't. This is going to be the first time driving to DL since I was 10 and this time I'm driving it (scary), so I don't reallly know how to get there 100%.

I know that I really don't want I-5 to close down or we're pretty much hosed for the trip. I'm crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, legs, arms, etc. in hopes that everything will clear up because I've been looking forward to this trip. Its the only thing lately that has kept me excited.

With that being said, I just finished my last final yesterday and will start to plan out more of what I need to bring and lists of food to eat, places to see, and places to photograph. I also need to make a list of rides that we should go on for the sake of my cousin Jesse. I want to make sure this trip is as magical as can be. We'll see what happens though. For now, I'll part with this self portrait of myself that I did for our first project in my photography class.

Merry Christmas Everyone !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: