Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #46
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
Wonderful shirts! I had always thought they were skull and crossbones when I looked at your siggie.
Thank you

I know, thats what everyone thinks ! We must seem like dark people just by looking at the siggie
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #47
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
Thank you

I know, thats what everyone thinks ! We must seem like dark people just by looking at the siggie
I just thought they were Halloween-ish

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2008, 07:05 PM   #48
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you

Oh I hadn't even noticed that they were the same shirts! Weird....like the images of vases but also face profiles...

I like the shirts, and I love the hoodie blankets! How'd you do that?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #49
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Oh I hadn't even noticed that they were the same shirts! Weird....like the images of vases but also face profiles...

I like the shirts, and I love the hoodie blankets! How'd you do that?
Thank you

I took the disney fabric and lined them with fleece. I left the top section open so I could attach the hood. I made a D shape of the fabric to make the hood and sewed two separate D shapes along the curve and flipped them inside out. Thats how I did the hood

My mom said 'why don't you put hoods on the blankets?' and I thought about it and said ' YESSS. Thats a great idea!'

I ended up looking at tutorials online on how to make hoods to help me
Old 11-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #50
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Jasmine! Woo for more pictures! I love the hoodie blankets too! I showed my Mom and she said for me to go pick out my fabric and she'd sew Jesus and me one, well two.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Jasmine! Woo for more pictures! I love the hoodie blankets too! I showed my Mom and she said for me to go pick out my fabric and she'd sew Jesus and me one, well two.
Sweeet Show me when they're done !
Old 11-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #52

Wooo Hoo !!!

After we rested and ate dinner we headed straight to DCA. We were constantly checking the weather on disneyL0VE's phone because it said there was a slight chance of rain that night. 'Slight' was an understatement. By my mom's suggestion we went and bought some ponchos at the gift shop in the hotel and headed out. It already started raining by the time we got across Harbor. It was fine with us though because it meant LESS people.

We were SOO happy to get on the front row of this ride

After, we went to DL. I had never seen the castle all lit up and I was in awe. My jaw dropped and my heart swelled with happiness. It was PURE magic.

We got on all the rides in Adventureland, New Orleans Square, and Tomorrowland. Did I mention it was walk on the whole time? WOO !!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #53
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wooo Hoo !!!
After, we went to DL. I had never seen the castle all lit up and I was in awe. My jaw dropped and my heart swelled with happiness. It was PURE magic.

We got on all the rides in Adventureland, New Orleans Square, and Tomorrowland. Did I mention it was walk on the whole time? WOO !!
GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing.
pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #54
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Jasmine, at least you guys are a fun bunch of people who don't mind posing in ponchos in wet weather! (Even though I think you guys all look cute!) When we went last year in late September, it poured rain on us, and I TRIED - Lord knows I tried - to keep a good attitude and I wanted to snap pictures of all of us in our ridiculous ponchos (ours really looked bad on us). My friends REFUSED to play along. It's like, why are you holding on to vanity at this stage of the game? We just got caught in a monsoon and we are soaking wet. We ALL look terrible. Let's have a laugh and take some pictures. But they would not do it. I am ALL about taking goofy pictures - I always have been. Not my friends - they used to when we were younger, but now I guess they think they are too 'mature' for such nonsense! And, they wouldn't move when it was pouring really heavily, either. They just sat down on a bench and planted themselves until the rain lightened up a bit. That is why I TRY to avoid rainy days now, if I know I am going to be with friends. We won't get anything done and we won't be able to take pictures! Grrrr.....

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 11-11-2008 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Typo!
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #55

Day 2 !

The theme for today was 'showin' offffff !'

We started with a classic shot !

After we headed straight for Tomorrowland because my parents didn't get to enjoy.

I don't really remember all of the details of that day, but I do know that in the afternoon we watched Aladdin. Its always a hit with our family because we believe there is a lot of magic to that musical

We were imitating the girls dressed up like camels at the musical haha !

We had PS for Goofy's Kitchen for disneyL0VE's birthday ! It was a blast

I love my cousin's face in this picture ! It cracks me up EVERY time !

I ordered the birthday bucket for her birthday, and she loved it

We had to head out fast and deck it for DL to see the fireworks. It was our last night to be able to see them and I was really excited about this because we got to show off the blankets ! People at Goofy's Kitchen even asked where they could buy some ! I was so proud

We got on Main St. about 5 minutes before the fireworks. We stood between the Emporium and the Clothiers. It was amazing. The icing on the cake was the snow right after the fireworks. Al the kids on Main Street were laughing and smiling and all the couples were holding each other and kissing. I could feel so much love on Main Street. Its almost as if nothing else existed in the whole world.

We spent the rest of the night in Adventureland and New Orleans Square

Last edited by wazowskiLOVER:); 11-11-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Jasmine, at least you guys are a fun bunch of people who don't mind posing in ponchos in wet weather! (Even though I think you guys all look cute!) When we went last year in late September, it poured rain on us, and I TRIED - Lord knows I tried - to keep a good attitude and I wanted to snap pictures of all of us in our ridiculous ponchos (ours really looked bad on us). My friends REFUSED to play along. It's like, why are you holding on to vanity at this stage of the game? We just got caught in a monsoon and we are soaking wet. We ALL look terrible. Let's have a laugh and take some pictures. But they would not do it. I am ALL about taking goofy pictures - I always have been. Not my friends - they used to when we were oyunger, but now I guess they think they are too 'mature' for such nonsense! And, they wouldn't move when it was pouring really heavily, either. They just sat down on a bench and planted themselves until the rain lightened up a bit. That is why I TRY to avoid rainy days now, if I know I am going to be with friends. We won't get anything done and we won't be able to take pictures! Grrrr.....
Aww !! That is too bad

I guess you're just gonna have to meet up with us because (proof by all the goofy shots) we loooove to cheese it up for the camera no matter what the situation !!!

I think it helps that we are college age right now haha !!

The rain really was a damper though ! We had to wash all our clothes when we got back to the hotel. We also had to dry our shoes because most of us only brought one pair. It was crazzzzy ! I've never been through so much rain at DLR in my whole life ! If you look closely at the picture of us on Main Street, my jacket is DRENCHED !
Old 11-11-2008, 01:06 AM   #57
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Nice! "Walk on..." Music to my ears! I'm going to have to get me one of those blankcoats.

I have one of those blankets that are half blanket half protected stuff so that if you lay it on wet grass it doesn't get wet through the blanket.. it's really great because the protected part also protects from wind like the best windbreaker ever. I use it at soccer games and I live in cold, wet country so it's perfect! It's thick and it folds into an over the shoulder tote.

Hey, did you notice that guy in the back middle (on the left but in the middle) of the ToT ride? He looks like the same guy that's with you in the back of SM at least the shirt looks the same. Is he with you or is he stalking??

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:25 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
Nice! "Walk on..." Music to my ears! I'm going to have to get me one of those blankcoats.

I have one of those blankets that are half blanket half protected stuff so that if you lay it on wet grass it doesn't get wet through the blanket.. it's really great because the protected part also protects from wind like the best windbreaker ever. I use it at soccer games and I live in cold, wet country so it's perfect! It's thick and it folds into an over the shoulder tote.

Hey, did you notice that guy in the back middle (on the left but in the middle) of the ToT ride? He looks like the same guy that's with you in the back of SM at least the shirt looks the same. Is he with you or is he stalking??
Thanks That probably would have been perfect for the night it rained ! I know what you mean about those blankets. They really are a life saver.

I didn't notice him until you pointed him out !! How creeeeeepy

HAHA !!! He's TOTALLY not with our group, that is too weird!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #59
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Aww !! That is too bad

I guess you're just gonna have to meet up with us because (proof by all the goofy shots) we loooove to cheese it up for the camera no matter what the situation !!!

I think it helps that we are college age right now haha !!

The rain really was a damper though ! We had to wash all our clothes when we got back to the hotel. We also had to dry our shoes because most of us only brought one pair. It was crazzzzy ! I've never been through so much rain at DLR in my whole life ! If you look closely at the picture of us on Main Street, my jacket is DRENCHED !

At some point, I most definitely AM going to have to meet up with you and Kaycee and the gang! You all look like you're a lot of fun!

I think certain people I know tend to behave like, 'Okay, now we are a certain age so we have to act super-mature.' Well, that is true in some situations, but at DLR, everyone should let out their inner child and just PLAY! I have to admit that one of the very important reasons I thought trying PhotoPass would be good this past trip is because I knew that they have the guests pose in silly ways and do goofy stuff. Now, if I tried to get my friends to look silly in pictures, they would have done it once upon a time, but today they would throw me over the railing in Paradise Pier! However, when an 'official-looking' PP photographer asks them to pose, they oblige!! I knew they would! They also seem to be inclined to pose more often when the PP people are in charge. If I wanted them to stop every few minutes and pose, I would get resistance now, but they keep quiet when it is a PP person. And the more PP pictures we took, the more they warmed up to the idea and seemed to like it. So, even though I don't think a lot of the PP pictures are necessarily that much better in quality and composition than what the 'average' person could take, if it can help loosen my formerly-fun friends up and make them do silly things on camera, then I will use PP every time! Plus, if they only let me take a handful of pictures, then we would end up with a bunch of so-so shots where no one looked great. With PP, if you have them take a lot of pictures, inevitably some of them will come out good!

I agree about the rain. I know a lot of people on DISboards love DLR in the rain, but if you only have a limited, short trip (like the one your family just took in October or the one we took in October), rain can really mess up the plans and make people cranky - especially if it is heavy rain! I still wanted to make the best of it last year and take wacky photos of us with soaking wet hair, but just in terms of getting anything done, it was a pain. My glasses were getting streaked with raindrops and I couldn't see. I was reluctant to take out the camera because I didn't want to get it wet. My pants were soaked. And when it stopped raining momentarily, some of the rides we went on - like Pooh and something else I am forgetting - had big puddles of water in the seats that we had to plop right down on! Yuck! I don't like really bad heat (and I don't envy anyone going to DLR in a couple of days, when it is supposed to be in the UPPER '90s ), but really heavy rain has its own set of problems if I am only in the parks for a couple of days!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #60

Ohhh I totally forgot to post this from the previous day :
I love TheAXIOM's face ! It always makes me laugh.

Last Day !

We did not get to enjoy Fantasyland at all and figured that would be the best thing to go to in the morning right away ! Unfortunately the WHOLE weekend my dad had food poisoning and we had to be near bathrooms the whole time. Luckily I know where all of them are in the park so all I had to do was direct him to them. This morning my dad stayed back at the hotel so we could have a good time. Before heading directly to Fantasyland we got some coffee/hot chocolate and took some pictures

We went on all the rides in Fantasyland and headed straight to DCA to get some rides in before leaving.

We went on the Tower of Terror and California Screamin’ before going back to the hotel since we needed to check out, do our last minute shopping at DTD, and meet up with TheAXIOM and disneyL0VE’s dad so they could get picked up before heading to the airport. While we were there we did run into a couple of characters

We unfortunately only got to see the fireworks & fantasmic in terms of shows. Other than that, we went on rides and had a blast together.

Our next trip is in 38 days and I cannot wait !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: