Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #556
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Several people have said that the 4th was shockingly non-crowded in DLR. Well, I cannot wait to see what kinds of Minnie & Friends pictures you got this time. Any more teacups on the head?

Your public anxiously awaits you!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #557
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
It sounds like you all had a great time. I hardly wait to read the rest.
We did! In fact, I'm completely wiped out from the whole trip. I've never felt so tired after a DLR trip before !

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
I was reading that the 4th was actually pretty mellow! I'm glad you guys had a great time! I can't wait for pics!
It was really strange! In fact, it didn't get busy until Monday !!! I was so confused by it. Aren't people supposed to be at work ?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Several people have said that the 4th was shockingly non-crowded in DLR. Well, I cannot wait to see what kinds of Minnie & Friends pictures you got this time. Any more teacups on the head?

Your public anxiously awaits you!
It was nice not having crowds! We didn't have many crowds on Sunday either! It was mainly Monday and that was terrible. We got sooo many pictures this time. I have 600 pictures from my camera that I have to go through and then there are pictures from Eric's sister's (Brenda) camera too. This TR is going to be a NOVEL! HAHA. We did soo much! No teacups on the head this time, but dancing along with Pooh Bear, yes
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #558
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Yay! I am hunkering down for the novel! I love novels and epic, mega-Trip Reports!! I want to see the dancing with Pooh pictures! And you must, must, must post some of these gems on that character meal photo thread I linked you to! That thread NEEDS your great Minnie & Friends photos! (P.S. I want to get as many photos on there as possible because I want to eventually make it a sticky!)

You have to act fast on this TR section lately, though, I notice - so many people are posting that it seems like if you don't constantly post on your TR or keep it active every couple of hours, it slips quickly way down the page!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 07-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #559
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
It was nice not having crowds! We didn't have many crowds on Sunday either! It was mainly Monday and that was terrible. We got sooo many pictures this time. I have 600 pictures from my camera that I have to go through and then there are pictures from Eric's sister's (Brenda) camera too. This TR is going to be a NOVEL! HAHA. We did soo much! No teacups on the head this time, but dancing along with Pooh Bear, yes
Hey - I know that's the way I like my TR!! A novel/picture book. There's no better way.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #560
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Yay! I am hunkering down for the novel! I love novels and epic, mega-Trip Reports!! I want to see the dancing with Pooh pictures! And you must, must, must post some of these gems on that character meal photo thread I linked you to! That thread NEEDS your great Minnie & Friends photos! (P.S. I want to get as many photos on there as possible because I want to eventually make it a sticky!)

You have to act fast on this TR section lately, though, I notice - so many people are posting that it seems like if you don't constantly post on your TR or keep it active every couple of hours, it slips quickly way down the page!
All the trip reports are getting heavy action because its summer vacation time! Its pretty crazy

I promise as soon as I'm done editing I'll move my stuff over to that thread. I swear I've been editing photos for over a day and I'm not done (and thats just with my camera, I still need to get the pictures from Eric's sister's camera!)
Old 07-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Hey - I know that's the way I like my TR!! A novel/picture book. There's no better way.
HAHA Great!! Hopefully I'll get it started this weekend
Old 07-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #562
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

I can imagine that your photo editing process takes a long time because you have so many of them to sort through! And then you have to load them to Photobucket and separate them into albums (doesn't Photoucket have a 250-photo limit per album?) and then begin the process of writing the TR and getting the sequence of activities right. It is quite an undertaking, and you have to be in the mood for it and have the time to sit down and deal with all of that. I am always in awe of the folks who can whip those TRs out really fast!

But I am sure your stuff is worth the wait, so we will all forgive you for making us hang on the edge of our seats!

I was saying the other day that - due to you and other DIS-ers like Courtney, Molly and Jazz (Belle Ella), etc., who take so many wonderful pictures for their TRs, I am inspired to make it my goal - even on this little, half-day DLR adventure on the 21st - to try to get at least one or two pictures of something that is not frequently seen at DLR. It could be some out of the way little nook, it could be an angle or view of a familiar site that we don't normally see. I was also partially inspired by a photo that sopmene posted the other day of a little fountain somewhere over by the lockers on Main Street, I think. I don't think I had ever noticed that fountain or paid any attention to it. So I am determined to get something out of the ordinary in some way!! I think we should all make that a goal on each of our DLR trips - well, you guys always get so much stuff that is cool and interesting anyway - to find one thing or place that we NEVER see in DLR photos on the DIS and capture it! I bet the possibilities are endless, and it will require keen eyes and attention to detail!

Old 07-10-2009, 04:25 AM   #563

Whew!!!! I've been spending literally more than 10 hrs editing photos and its ridiculous!! I have so many photos that I'm counting how many MB of photos I can put on multiple photobucket accounts (not to mention hrs of resizing file sizes to accomodate this TR!). Its ridiculous. I'm not sure how much of the TR I will get done, but I promise you that it will be JAM PACKED with pictures!!

Okay, so lets get started!!!

3rd of July a.k.a. travel day

This trip consists of 8 people. 7 of us traveled from the bay area to Anaheim in a Honda Odyssey. From my fiance's family we have his mom, his sisters Brenda, Yesenia, and Alex (and then of course my fiance Eric). Then we have Brenda's friend Abby, myself, and my cousin TheAXIOM who met us at the resort. Eric could not get off of work early at all and we did not get on the road on friday until 5 pm. I was worried about the holiday traffic and wanted to get us out of there as soon as possible, but that didn't work out at all. Oh well, we got on our way anyway. Eric took the first shift of driving and that guys drives like a grandma!! Good lord!! HAHA. So after a couple of hours of driving, I took over for the rest of the trek and we ended up getting to the Desert Inn & Suites at 10:30 p.m. 5 & 1/2 hours !! We had barely any traffic at all throughout the whole drive. It was fantastic!! YAY.

Cousin TheAXIOM was already at DLR because he went there with his parents to eat at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner. He said he was going to relax in the foyer of GCH and read a book until we got there. He was pretty excited about it, but alas, thanks to the miraculous driving of myself, we got there pretty darn quick. So quick, that TheAXIOM only got to relax in GCH for about 10 minutes before I called him to tell him we were at the hotel! HAHA.

So, we got all hunkered in, situated ourselves and got some rest because we knew we'd need it for saturday!!

Saturday, 4th of July!

My cousin and I slept on the same bed and when the cell phone alarms started going off, he turned over and started singing...

"Gotta get up! Gotta get going. Gonna see a friend of mine, he's warm and he's fuzzy, I love him because he's just POOH BEAR, WINNIE THE POOH BEAR!!!"

HAHA, oh god were we laughing. I just rolled over and said "Patrick, you're such a weirdo!"

(Here he is with me in the morning)

(From left to right: Alexandra, Brenda, Yesenia, and Abby)

We had to get going a little bit earlier than park opening because we made PS for Minnie & Friend's Breakfast at the Plaza Inn on Main St. at 7:30 A.M. We all got ready and TheAXIOM left a little bit early because his AP had a blackout day (well actually 2). So he made it in the park before we did because there was no line at the ticket booths.

I loooove getting there before the park opens! Its soo magical to me when its not open to the public.

Oh before I get into the TR, I have to let you know that Eric's mom has NEVER been DLR and either has his youngest sister, so they had NO idea what to expect. On top of that, Eric's youngest sister Alexandra is kind of scared of things, so this was a big shock to her. We walked up the walkway to Plaza Inn and had our pictures taken.

Oh BTW, Eric's mom is A LOT of fun, she just doesn't smile in pictures much, so don't mind her not smiling. She's having loads of fun, I PROMISE !!

We got sat on the right side of Plaza Inn and it was in that nice room by the windows. I love it in there ! I love going there with big parties because I feel like I'm going to a tea party because we always get a long table. Right away we got a lot of characters coming up to us! It was kind of overwhelming for Alexandra. She was pretty dang scared of Rafiki and he was trying to be so nice. It was a little sad. She even shied away from Minnie, but once she saw that we were taking pictures with them, she started to get jealous. She ended up taking pictures with them only when someone else was with her. Then she eventual got more brave.

Geppetto came by when Chip & Dale were around and he was so cool ! He jumped in photos and was a lot of fun.

continued...

Last edited by wazowskiLOVER:); 07-10-2009 at 04:30 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:42 AM   #564

... continued

Patrick got really excited when Pooh came by and started singing the song to the show and Pooh started dancing, so Patrick joined him! HAHA. It was funny.

Then, someone got the courage to take pictures by herself!

OH! When Yesenia first sat down, Chip sat in her spot and took over her food! HAHA.

We got PLENTY of character interaction because the place was surprisingly empty when we got there. It wasn't until after we got ready to leave, did the place get busy.

Then Tigger and Chip started horsing around and pushing each other out of pictures!

The waffles were soo good !

more to come, I'm starting to get realllly tired!! Not done yet with the photos from the breakfast if you can believe it! I'll see you all soon!

Last edited by wazowskiLOVER:); 07-10-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:18 AM   #565
DisneySuiteFreak
DIS Veteran

Wow Jasmine, you're sooooo lucky to get to go to the parks so often. I've been following along with your TRs too, btw. Just kind of lurking in the background. But I also have the email alert thing so I know when you post new stuff. I wish I could go as often as you've gone in the last few months!
I'm still recuperating from my last trip in June...One of these days, I'll get to do a TR... I can't wait to see your photos!
DisneySuiteFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #566
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Yay! Pictures! I am going to go through all of it now. But as I was scrolling up to start at the beginnig, I noticed that Patrick was wearing my favorite Mickey/paint shirt - and I must have had a premonition that I would see that shirt in the pictures again because I JUST had a dream about it last night! I think I was wearing the shirt in the dream, but it was definitely that shirt, and I wasn't sure if my dream was telling me that I should wear that shirt on MY DLR trip (which I hadn't planned). Okay, now let me start at the beginning of your TR!

I can't believe you got so many pictures on this trip - you were clever to have started more than one account on Photobucket, though, because otherwise you would be exceeding the bandwidth limit again for sure, you rebel, you!!

Old 07-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
Wow Jasmine, you're sooooo lucky to get to go to the parks so often. I've been following along with your TRs too, btw. Just kind of lurking in the background. But I also have the email alert thing so I know when you post new stuff. I wish I could go as often as you've gone in the last few months!
I'm still recuperating from my last trip in June...One of these days, I'll get to do a TR... I can't wait to see your photos!
I know! I don't know how I've been able to go to the parks as often as I had. I figure though, I'm paying for the AP, I might as well take advantage of it!!! Thanks!!

Quote:
Yay! Pictures! I am going to go through all of it now. But as I was scrolling up to start at the beginnig, I noticed that Patrick was wearing my favorite Mickey/paint shirt - and I must have had a premonition that I would see that shirt in the pictures again because I JUST had a dream about it last night! I think I was wearing the shirt in the dream, but it was definitely that shirt, and I wasn't sure if my dream was telling me that I should wear that shirt on MY DLR trip (which I hadn't planned). Okay, now let me start at the beginning of your TR!

I can't believe you got so many pictures on this trip - you were clever to have started more than one account on Photobucket, though, because otherwise you would be exceeding the bandwidth limit again for sure, you rebel, you!!
You know whats funny Sherry? They're selling the shirts again, so both Eric & I got one! HAHA. All of these pictures are barely the tip of the iceberg. I have a feeling that I'll either have to have atleast 4 accounts open on photobucket, or I'll have to wait until next month to finish my TR! I know, I'm so rebellious haha
Old 07-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #568

...continued

I sooo fell asleep on my laptop because I woke up this morning with all my lights on in my room and my laptop wide open with the battery dead HAHA. Okay, so back to the TR! More breakfast pictures!! We saw Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh and I've never seen him around before!

Then Captain Hook came by (Alexandra was TOTALLY afraid, but Patrick, Eric & I were pretty darn excited to see him!).

Then lastly, Pooh came by one last time before we took off !

Then we took off and decided to head to Fantasyland. We wanted to get there because the park had only just opened about 20 minutes ago by then and we didn't see a lot of people pass at the rope drop (we had a perfect view of it). Eric's mom thought the castle was beautiful and Alexandra was so in awe when we walked through it. We walked to Peter Pan and saw only 25 minutes! Woo!!

Then of course we did some waiting in line pictures haha !

Oh and the night before, I curled my hair so that when I woke up in the morning, it would be more relaxed. I kept telling them I wanted Demi Lovato hair, so we kept joking around calling me Demi. HAHA.

With the refurb, the colors are so vibrant! I swear I thought there was a new section added to the ride but I could be completely wrong. Its after Peter fights Hook, and they all get on the ship and Tinkerbell makes it gold with pixie dust. They are on the left and Peter is holding on to the helm. I could be completely wrong though!

Then after, we went to the tea cups.

Then, we went on Alice in Wonderland !

continued...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #569

...continued

I like how these pictures turned out because it was like an acid trip in there!

This is at the tea party

Then after, we walked through Fantasyland and along toward Frontierland and decided we would go on BTMRR because it really wasn't that long of a wait (about 5 minutes!!!) Its 4th of July, where is everyone?

Then we headed to Critter Country and decided to go on Winnie the Pooh! I swear, I'm really starting to love that ride! I love he little sentences the CMs use there "please pull down on your honey bars until they get stickity stuck." SO cute.

Then after, we went into Pooh's Corner to get some treats!!! I got another Oatmeal Raisin Cookie because I'm SOOO loving them from there now! Patrick got a Tigger Tail and everyone else just looked around.

I noticed these (did not get them though) in the case for the 4th.

The girl's loved how cute these are (I got my mom one of those before and she didn't really like the taste).

Afterward, we walked out toward Adventureland, looked at the wait time for Indie (45 minutes) and decided to skip it for now because we still wanted to go to DCA and get back in time to DL to get on more rides and be able to make it before capacity hit. So we went to DCA.

When we got there, we went to the Hollywood Backlot and and saw Mr. Incredible and Frozone!! AHH!! We didn't really make a fuss over Mr. Incredible, but we LOVE LOVE LOVE Frozone! He's soooooo cool (pun totally intended! HAHA!)

We made it to DCA just in time to watch Aladdin, YES!!

The girls LOVED it ! I knew they would.

After we headed out to the bathroom and saw Handy Manny out there !

continued...
Old 07-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #570

...continued

After the musical, we went ToT! The wait was 13 minutes, NOTHING!!

I get so pumped up when I go to DLR with Patrick, so all of my faces on this trip are totally intense (as are his!)

Then we went in the Animation Building, how could we not?!?!? We had a little bit of time before drawing, so we headed out and went to go on Monster's Inc.

I've always noticed this sign on the way to walking to Monsters and its always made me laugh. I always try to imitate our govenator while reading it.

The we went back to draw!

They taught us how to draw Mickey Mouse !! yay ! It was so fun. Everyone else weren't very excited about it, but once the session was over, they completely fell in love with drawing characters (so much that we ended up doing 3 more sessions during the whole weekend ... Patrick & I did 5 total because we didn't go back to the hotel to rest AT ALL for the first 2 days!).

After, we watched the zoetrope and went into the Sorceror's Workshop.

It is sooo cool in there! I spent most of my time looking at the chandeliers and the drawings on the wall.

In the picture above, I LOVE the Hades part on the wall with the eye following it. SO cool!!

Then afterward, we went into Beasts Library and found out what characters we are.

We hung out in there for a while because I wanted them to see when the rose falls apart, then blooms again and sparkles fill the room. I love it when that happens!

Then we went to Ursula's Grotto and put our voices into movies! That was fun !! After the Animation Building, we headed towards Paradise Pier to get to TSMM.

The line was only 25 minutes!!! WOO!!

continued...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: