Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #511
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Okay okay, you're not a cheater! Yay for May babies!

Judith was probably like "whyyy are these people taking sooo many pictures!!!??"

I know, Derrik started making a game out of trying to get pictures of her not covering her face so Eric & Derrik took the cameras and took like a million pictures of her when she didn't notice. I had to fish through a lot of them!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #512
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Saturday !

We had a lot of moving around to do today because we were switching hotels (we were at the Tropicana and we were moving to the World Mart Wyndham). So we needed to have everything packed up before we went to the park for our PS to Minnie & Friends breakfast. Unfortunately, Chris & Judith could not make it with us because they could not get into DLR through Devin until about 10 a.m. So we all kind of overslept and didn’t make it into DL until about 7:35 and our PS was for 7. Oops ! I love getting to DL before it opens because I just like being on Main Street without people on it. It feels more magical

Derrik & Heather have never done Minnie & Friends and they really enjoyed it! It was a lot of fun with the character interaction.

When we got there, settled in and got our food, Captain Hook came by and boy is he a character alright! I'm always slightly scared because he is always creating some kind of shenanigans. The boys totally wanted to take pictures with him, and why not!

Then we got an array of characters stopping by!

Minnie!

Max!

Geppetto!
He was getting antsy because he had to wait to take pictures with us, it was funny!

Dale & Eeyore !

Okay, so Derrik didn't know which was Chip & Dale and Dale was NOT happy. He was trying to get Derrik to beg for forgiveness, but Derrik does NOT do begging on the ground, so they had a little bit of a tiff for a while until Derrik got Dale outside.

Then the Mad Hatter & Alice came by and sat at our table because they said it looked like a tea party. He then thought it would be a great idea for the girls to play a little game with him. He put these tea cups on our heads and asked everyone in the restaurant for their attention. He said, "look its my ride!" and had us spin and rotate amongst each other!

Eventually, one person would lose a tea cup and lose the game. He would then stack a tea cup on another person until... I win! Well kind of until they all fell off my head.

.. continued.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #513
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I love the people laughing at you in the background in that last picture!

Kudos to whoever was on camera duty while you were wearing the cups on your head - they did a great job of capturing the action. That is SO funny that the Mad Hatter made you guys do the teacup thing. My friends would DIE if that happened! See, Captain Hook is always causing trouble, but the Mad Hatter is the one who really causes mishief. I haven't had to wear a teacup on my head yet, but one time at Goofy's Kitchen, the Mad Hatter came over and sat down and decided to single me out and ignore my two friends. He kept asking my name, to which I kept replying "Sherry." He wouldn't accept that, so I just started firing off different names every time he asked. One time I was Gladys, then I was Mary, then I was Nancy, then I was Linda. I thought, "How long is this going to go on before I can eat my food?" Finally, the last time he asked what my name was, I said, "Alice," which seemed to be the magic word and then he spun around and hooted and hollered and finally left! If I ever run into him at Goofy's again - or at Minnie's, whenever I finally get there - I HOPE he will leave me alone and instead single out my friends!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #514

Continued...

Minnie stopped by our table to see how we were doing !

Then Max came by again!

Then Chip came by and gave Derrik a hug & a kiss haha!

Rafiki! I love him!

Then Hook was passing by our table to talk to other people CMand Mike started saying "tick, tock" around him. Oh, he was NOT happy about that! He stole Mike's glasses without him knowing!

Once that was done, we left and let Mike move his car because he parked in the drop off while we went to the hotel to check out and move our stuff. There was a lot of waiting done and confusion because we couldn't get ahold of Mike & Tessa at the Wyndham, so we gave up looking for them and parked over at DLR. We ended up in the back where the trams don't go (boooo). So we took the monorail to Tomorrowland.

We're waiting!

We met up with Mike & Tessa and went on Buzz and Chris & Judith joined in ! They really wanted to take pictures in the blades of grass, but the CMs didn't really like that.

Then after, we went through the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough. We all loved it of course! I always like going through there!

Then they wanted to go and look at the Castle Heraldry Shop. Its pretty cool in there. Mike & Tessa decided to get their lineage ! We made more shenanigans outside!

... continued
Old 06-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #515

continued ...

Then, we got some frozen treats and waited in line for the tea cups, but for some reason, I feel like we already did something like it this morning :D

Then after, we went to IASW! I really liked it with all the additions, I don't know what everyone is complaining about!

All we have is pictures of the shrubbery because it was so pretty

After, we left on the monorail to eat lunch at the House of Blues, but OH BOY did that NOT happen. For anyone who wants to know what happened there, check out this thread I started.

We ended up going to ESPN Zone and had a great time. We sat by this set up and everyone wants to get interviewed there apparently! HAHA :D

Now, we don't have anymore pictures from that night (boo), but we did quite a lot. After lunch, (late lunch), we went back to the hotel for a little bit and got everything unpacked. The hotel is fantastic! I can't believe how nice it is. I didn't take pictures of the place due to time constraints, but it was so nice!
Check it out! We were in the Anaheim one by the way haha!

...continued.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #516
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I am thrilled you updated. But I just visited your other thread oh wow. You guys made a bad situation good. I love the "interview" pictures from ESPN.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #517
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Jasmine, I forgot to say in my post from this morning that you should post some of these fabulous character meal pictures on the character meal picture thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2170088. A lot of people don't seem to realize that thread is there because I think it has a title that doesn't automatically clue them in to the fact that it is a character meal photo thread, so even though I didn't start the thread, I keep bumping it because I thought it would be a cool idea to have all the character meal pictures in one place since the questions about them come up every week!

I know your Minnie and Friend's photos would go over well - especially the teacup-on-the-head pictures!!! You don't even to go back to Photobucket to get the links - you can just copy them from your Trip Report to save time (which is what I did and what DizNee Luver did, I think)! You have so many great pictures, and a lot of folks don't come to the Trip Report side of town to find them.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #518
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

That has just got to be the most awesome character interaction I have heard about yet! Awesome! And the fact that you have photos of it makes it that much better!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #519
kaoden39
Hugs

I don't know how I missed those Mad Hatter pictures before. They are great. What a kick he is.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #520

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the character photos

It was A LOT of fun! Sherry, I will make sure to post my character meal photos on that thread as soon as I can!
Old 06-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #521

Continued...

So after refreshing at the hotel, we headed back to DCA with Derrik, Heather, Chris, Judith, Eric & I. Chris & Judith went to DTD real quick because on the way in to the resort Chris was being the shenanigan maker he is and hopped the fences around the round-about and totally ripped the back of his shirt! It was hilarious.

So the rest of us went in and shopped around in the stores to the left of the entrance while waiting for them (and a friend of mine who just happened to be at DLR that weekend as well so we could meet up with her). The initial plan was to get on ToT. My friend Rachael, managed to get there before us and called me saying the wait was 70 minutes!!! NO WAY. So we met up at Off the Page, my favorite store. We went in there and snooped around.

OH OH OH, the BEST part. So, without me knowing, the new Vinylmation series came out the first day we were there!! GASP!!! By now, I had already purchased 4, hoping to get the mike wazowski one (with no luck by that point). It was so much fun opening them because there is the 3 inch box, and inside it the figure is in a plastic bag that you can't see through. The only way to open it is with scissors and so the CMs were always excited for me whenever I opened a box. It was like Christmas every time I opened a box

GAH, back to the TR. So after that we decided to head towards Paradise Pier. It was getting pretty late and the park was going to close soon. We got on Screamin' and Chris & Judith found us. So we went on that After, we looked at the line for TSMM and it was a bit too long to do that and the funwheel (Judith wanted to go on it). So we went to the funwheel. This was the first time for all of us so we didn't know what to expect. Everyone was still really full from our late lunch as ESPN Zone. I started to get pretty nervous about this ride because of the reactions of many people who've been on it. So we waited for about 25 minutes for the ride. They closed the line, so this was the last ride we would go on there.

We get in and everything is pretty good. No scary stuff yet and we're enjoying the view. THENNNN it starts moving. OH MY GOD. Save us. Eric had to throw up the whole time, had the bag out and everything. We were all staring at him the whole time praying to god he wouldn't throw up. I kept saying "babe, don't throw up because you're gonna make me throw up" and Derrik was looking at him and almost throwing up too. It was the grossest ride experience of my life. Luckily, he didn't throw up in the ride, but he did spit a couple of times into the bag. It was FULL of awkward haha. You could have totally done a skit on our experience. If I recorded any of it, it would be awkwardly hilarious. SO after that fun filled experience, we headed out of the park. First Eric went to go throw up at the front bathrooms. EWW.

We let Chris & Judith go ahead of us to DL. We were aiming to do the Matterhorn at night, but we were in no position to do that anymore by the time we left. So, Derrik, Heather, Eric & I went to Main Street and looked around the shops. After about say 15 minutes, we went out to the tram and headed back to the hotel. STOMACH ACHES all around. Eric kept apologizing, but we kept saying it was fine. We went to bed around 11ish and Chris & Judith didn't get back until about 1 am.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #522
kaoden39
Hugs

Oh gosh how awkward. You poor guys. I understand totally.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #523
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Ok ok, I guess I will pass on the barfwheel next week. Silly that such a simple ride makes so many people sick. Sorry Eric!

Looks like you guys had another awesome character meal! You guys must be really rowdy to attract all that attention
Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #524

LAST DAY!

I'm trying to get this TR done because Kaycee & I are going to DLR this friday! So here I go!

So I woke pretty much on time and took a shower and let everyone sleep while I did it. I shared a room with Eric, Derrik & Heather. So we all kind of woke up and got ready together. Chris & Judith slept on the pull out couch in the living room and Mike & Tessa got the master bedroom. So by the time we got ready the other four were still asleep and said we could go ahead of them. Soo, we went to Main Street and stopped by Blue Ribbon and got some coffee/juice and pastries. Before leaving Main Street, we walked into Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor and watched a man make waffle cones. He had towel sleeves on to protect his forearms. So extreme! It smelled fantastic in there

Then we slowly made our way to Space Mountain and everyone met up with us. We totally took pictures in line again haha !

This photo is the extremes of bungFACE : ANGRY vs. SAD

Then we walked across the hub and headed towards Splash to get FPs!

People were pretty hungry, so after we went to the Hungry Bear Restaurant and got some food while Derrik & Eric were "busy" looking at stuff when they really got ears for Heather. While we were eating a ferrell cat hung out around my feet. Some lady tried to pick it up, but it totally freaked out. Why would she even attempt to do that? Crazy woman.

I got really excited when I ate my kids meal because it came with a color changing straw and the packaging for the kids meal was designed very nicely ! I enjoyed it completely. We still had a little time, so we went on Winnie the Pooh. I really enjoy that ride! Its so cute !!!

Then we went into Pooh's Corner and got some caramel/jalapeno popcorn (pretty good!), tiger butter (mmm), oatmeal raisin cookie (which I ate when I got home and enjoyed till the very end, so I think I'm going to get another this friday), tigger tails (of course), and I got some trail mix because I love the Chip & Dale nature's trail mix. So good! We still had some time to kill before the FP time, so we went to NOS to shop around.

We caught up with my friend Rachael over there because she just got done eating at Club 33!! GAHH!! Her Friend Martha O'Brien wrote a poem for Walt Disney when she was 17 and its on their site! Check it out!

So she's a permanent Disney VIP. She gets into Club 33 whenever she wants. SOO jealous. She said that if I was to plan a DLR trip with Rachael she might be able to get us in. So coooool.

So then after, we went to Pieces of Eight and I saw more Vinylmations. So I got one. The CMs were pretty excited again to see me open it, all of us were in the shop while I was opening and OMG !!! I jumped up and down and yelled! My best friend:

Then after, we went to the Pirates Lair and made some more shenanigans!

continued...
Old 06-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh gosh how awkward. You poor guys. I understand totally.
It was! When I think back on it now though, its really funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Ok ok, I guess I will pass on the barfwheel next week. Silly that such a simple ride makes so many people sick. Sorry Eric!

Looks like you guys had another awesome character meal! You guys must be really rowdy to attract all that attention
Thats what I thought too until I went on it! BIG mistake! HAHA. Oh well

We're pretty much are really rowdy (its a strong family characteristic, its just unavoidable HAHA). Its really fun in there when you're like that haha !!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: