Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #136
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I love your pictures of everyone. You guys seem to have a great time together and that is nice.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #137
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Continued...

When we got there, we saw toocherie and MaryJo ! I was nervous and excited at the same time. Shyboy72 and Jesse were both wandering around at star traders while we were finding all the DISers. In the end, we had quite a few people there.

There was WendyPooh22, YellowMickeyPonchos, Zoemakes5, and of course Pixiewings71 It was so fantastic hanging out with everyone, but we felt bad for the guys (specifically Jesse), so I told them to go off and have fun while us girls hung out. Nancy made it and she told us all about her Guy Fieri encounter and even let us enjoy some of the candy cane he made! It was so good. Being the sweetheart she is, she brought handmade soaps and facial cream for Kaycee and I. It was sooo nice

After, we parted with everyone but first made an arrangement to watch the Aladdin musical with Kerri and Micah ! Oh and we could not stop talking about how cool you two are. I’m so glad we got to hang out with you guys!

SOOO after the meet, we went on Star Tours real quick because Jesse could not remember the last time he was on it. Then we went to the train station to head to the front. We got off and noticed this crazy lady with white 4 inch heel boots and thought she was absolutely crazzzy for wearing those at DL. What was she thinking ?

Anyway, we went to DCA walked to the Animation building and had a blast in there. We watched the zoetrope (of course, because its suuuper awesome), went in the sorcerer’s workshop and had a blast in there ! We all were in the beasts library. They said I was the Queen of Hearts, Shyboy72 was Sher Khan, Jesse was Jiminy Cricket, TheAXIOM was Woody, and Kaycee was Lady Tremaine ! Haha ☺ SOO fun. We also went into Ursula’s Grotto and had her put our voice into scenes. SO fun !

After, we went to learn how to draw Jack Skellington! How cool is that? !?! It was a lot of fun. As we exited, we had just enough time to make it in line to take pictures with the Incredibles and Frozone.

The CM who helped us, Beatrice, was so cool. She took our pictures for us and joked around with us about quotes from the movie (we love the movie). After, we got in line for the musical. Kerri and Micah were allll the way in the front of the line and they were nice enough to wait for us when they started letting people into the theatre. We got good seats up top and watched the show. It was fantastic! I love the guy who plays Jafar. He is too cool for school We all had a blast watching the show and TheAXIOM and disneyL0VE loved that the genie did the Single Ladies dance that Beyonce did in her music video; he is too funny!

After that, we all went to the bathroom real quick and went on Monsters. I TOTALLY smelled the ginger! It was so awesome. When we were in line a boy kept looking at me as I was eating chex mix, so I gave him some and he was soo happy. His parents thanked us and I though it was too cute.

After, we headed straight for TSMM! We didn’t have to wait TOO long, it was about 40 minutes. Jesse LOOOVED it (I knew he would).

(he's wearing Jessie's hat because his name is Jesse, get it ? )

It was a lot of fun and even though I watched that youtube video on all the cheats, I sucked REALLLLY baad. BLEH! What can you do? Once we got off of that ride, we went on Screamin, which is always a blast!

The line was only 15 minutes. It was swweeeeet. Then, we decided to go eat at Denny’s.

The food was good and the server was great. This rude guy was complaining about a noise Shyboy72 was making with his lanyard and complained to his waitress instead of directly asking Shyboy to stop. What a chicken! The place was also packed with people talking loud and everything and that man was being such a butt. It was irritating.

Once we were done, we headed back to DL to get on rides while the fireworks and Fantasmic was going on. We did not expect it to be as bad as it was. It look like cattle were herded on main street. It was ridiculous. We had to go all the way around towards the castle and back around again, but we made it to Frontierland. We walked to HMH and rode it again because they were going to take down everything. The wait was kind of long, but understandable since it was the last day. We waited for about 45 minutes to get on the ride. We were consistently checking our watched because we were cutting it close to make it over to IASW. I was worried we weren’t going to make it. Oh, and I did NOT see the monkey bride at all. TheAXIOM and disneyL0VE did, and I was sad to not see it, but we did smell that wonderful gingerbread smell. MMM.

After, we walked fast to IASW. The line was not as ridiculous as it was in the day (the line went up that staging area by the smoking area earlier that day). We got in line and were not in the wrap around in the line yet and it was already 10:52 pm (the park closed at 11). Oh no, are we going to make it? We finally make it up to a point where there is a CM by the line and she says we’re going to be fine. Phew. Thank god!

We all got on the ride and I enjoyed the new boats sooo much. The seats were sooo comfortable; especially since we had been walking all day. The smell of peppermint was fantastic and I got some good shots in there!

After we walked outside and slowly made our way back to the hotel. We were beat! (Of course I took more pictures on the way out though )

wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #138
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I love your pictures of everyone. You guys seem to have a great time together and that is nice.
Thank you

We do have a lot of fun together! We're always crackin jokes and making fun of each other. We all grew up together like we were siblings, so it kind of just feels that way when we're around eachother
Old 01-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #139
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Great shot of the IASW Holiday exterior - and there have been a lot of them posted on DIS by people, but every now and then someone takes a picture from a certain angle or where the light is just a little bit different - not to mention that some shots are more clear because the camera used is better - and so it makes it look fresh and interesting! Also, love, love, LOVE the nighttime Teacups shot, and you and I are thinking alike, Jasmine! When I was wandering around DL during my few golden hours alone on a Sunday night, I passed the Teacups and looked at how pretty the lanterns were and was thinking, 'If someone had a really good camera this could be a fantastic, beautiful shot!' I vote for that Teacups picture to be added to the Disneyland Picture of the Day thread!

Oh, and about the Mickey/Disney t-shirts... I used to buy quite a few Mickey t-shirts in the '90s, and I took care of them so they lasted a loooooonnnng time, until they just fell apart in tatters this decade! But I stopped buying Disney shirts after the '90s, and when I wanted to get a few new black Mickey t-shirts in 2007, I couldn't find any. I like the plain black ones with a graphic on the front. I don't like white shirts as a rule. I am partial to the basic black Mickey tee, and there seemed to be none around. They had shirts in all different colors but not black! So, finally, in 2008 I began to see some black or dark, dark blue shirts pop up here and there, and then I found the great one that AXIOM and I both have in October 2008. So I haven't been buying them like crazy, but at least I know they are making a return! And I WILL wear mine in the real world!

I have seen some of the 'headless Mickey' shirts (not in that specific splattered paint design, but other designs), and I think the concept is interesting - it is a new spin on an old theme - but I haven't gotten one yet. I would just feel so bad wearing around a Mickey shirt where his cute little head was decapitated! I might, though. I have a bit of a bizarre sense of humor so I am not above it if I have to wear one!!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #140
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
OMG. You girls are so Asian! I LOVE IT!

I LOVE the picture of ShyBoy looking at the White Rabbit statue! He's like "WTH DO YOU WANT?!!!!"

Jesse with his Jesse hate. Lol. Too flippin' funny. I always wanted that Jesse hat too, it's cute!

OMG. The Dis'er ladies are so HAWT!!! Woo! Man, I wish I went!

Great TR! More MORE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Great shot of the IASW Holiday exterior - and there have been a lot of them posted on DIS by people, but every now and then someone takes a picture from a certain angle or where the light is just a little bit different - not to mention that some shots are more clear because the camera used is better - and so it makes it look fresh and interesting! Also, love, love, LOVE the nighttime Teacups shot, and you and I are thinking alike, Jasmine! When I was wandering around DL during my few golden hours alone on a Sunday night, I passed the Teacups and looked at how pretty the lanterns were and was thinking, 'If someone had a really good camera this could be a fantastic, beautiful shot!' I vote for that Teacups picture to be added to the Disneyland Picture of the Day thread!

Oh, and about the Mickey/Disney t-shirts... I used to buy quite a few Mickey t-shirts in the '90s, and I took care of them so they lasted a loooooonnnng time, until they just fell apart in tatters this decade! But I stopped buying Disney shirts after the '90s, and when I wanted to get a few new black Mickey t-shirts in 2007, I couldn't find any. I like the plain black ones with a graphic on the front. I don't like white shirts as a rule. I am partial to the basic black Mickey tee, and there seemed to be none around. They had shirts in all different colors but not black! So, finally, in 2008 I began to see some black or dark, dark blue shirts pop up here and there, and then I found the great one that AXIOM and I both have in October 2008. So I haven't been buying them like crazy, but at least I know they are making a return! And I WILL wear mine in the real world!

I have seen some of the 'headless Mickey' shirts (not in that specific splattered paint design, but other designs), and I think the concept is interesting - it is a new spin on an old theme - but I haven't gotten one yet. I would just feel so bad wearing around a Mickey shirt where his cute little head was decapitated! I might, though. I have a bit of a bizarre sense of humor so I am not above it if I have to wear one!!!
Thanks Sherry !!

I agree with you about the shirts. I have a million and I tend to wear a Disney shirt at least 2-3 times a week, so I think I have enough to not have to buy some for a while though. I loooove the shirt you guys have though. Its so cool looking

I love the teacups at night. That is one of the shots I wanted to get before we left. I just LOVE Alice in Wonderland. Its so funny, sarcastic, psychedelic and colorful. I'm so in love with that area of the park! I had to get a picture of it. Its going to be my desktop image
Old 01-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
OMG. You girls are so Asian! I LOVE IT!

I LOVE the picture of ShyBoy looking at the White Rabbit statue! He's like "WTH DO YOU WANT?!!!!"

Jesse with his Jesse hat. Lol. Too flippin' funny. I always wanted that Jesse hat too, it's cute!

OMG. The Dis'er ladies are so HAWT!!! Woo! Man, I wish I went!

Great TR! More MORE!!!!!!!!
Thanks Courtney! What can I say, we're pretty asian

Eric totally wanted me to take a picture of him like that with the White Rabbit, so I'll give all the kudos to him!

I think the Jessie hat is TOO cute. I tried it on but my head is too big

I wish you could have been there, as well as Sherry. Then it would be PERFECT !!! There's always next time though, right ?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:23 PM   #143
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I wish I could have been there to meet you guys too (and I would have invited myself along to go see Aladdin with you and Kerri!), so we all (including Courtney) have to make a point of actually being at DLR at the same time someday in the future. It's funny, Jasmine - you and Courtney were there at the same time in October and never saw each other, and Nancy and I were there at the same time (well, our trips overlapped) in December and because I was stressed and forgot to copy her phone number into my cell before I left, we never met! A lot of near-misses going on! I will gladly get in a big silly group photo, but I will hide in the back with my giant sunglasses because I don't want to detract from the HAWT-ness of everyone! I am a HAWT-ness killer!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #144

Hey guys!

I only have a short period to post, but I wanted to show you guys my uploaded youtube video of our trip. I have to go to work, so here is the link ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDWX-fd49x8

ENJOY!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #145
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Ok those are super cute pics of us!!!! and we were sooooooooooo happy to hang out with you guys too. We saw you and Kaycee on MS shopping on your last day and we ran into Shyboy in the pin store in Frontierland. I wish we'd had more time together but seriously, meeting everyone there was just sooooooooooo awesome!!!!!! It really was great for me!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #146
disneyL0VE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Ok those are super cute pics of us!!!! and we were sooooooooooo happy to hang out with you guys too. We saw you and Kaycee on MS shopping on your last day and we ran into Shyboy in the pin store in Frontierland. I wish we'd had more time together but seriously, meeting everyone there was just sooooooooooo awesome!!!!!! It really was great for me!
I love the picture of us Kerri !! We seriously COULDN'T stop talking about you & Micah the rest of our trip Jaz & I wish we could've ran into you guys one last time before we all went home, but that's okay We all hope to get together with you again .. along with EVERYONE ELSEEEEE
Old 01-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #147
shyboy72
Mouseketeer

HAHAHAHHA!!!! Lots of fun.. Can't wait to go again..
shyboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #148
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Wazo!

Wow! Those are such extraordinaire pics of The Blue Fairy, Fantasia, The Teacups, It's a Small World, and all the PEOPLE in between!

You are an amazing photographer!! I kid you not you should do a coffeetable book.... gear it towards KIDS... it will sell, I promise!

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #149

Monday January 5th: Day 3

Kaycee's Unbirthday

Since we spent 2 full days at the parks until closing, we were kind of happy that the park opened at 10 today. We slept in for a while and took our time to get ready but still managed to be a little late for our Minnie & Friends PS at 9:40 am (we got there at 9:50). We were lead through the shops on the right side of Main Street and led to the Plaza Inn. They still had Main Street closed off for the park opening and there was a stampede of people there. It was CRAZY! I mean, its MONDAY after New Years. Why isn’t everyone at school and work ? This was a bad sign already. We got led into the Plaza Inn, but not before taking pictures (I bought it because I’m a sucker for pictures!).

We were lead towards the left side of the building and got to eat way in the back where all the lovely windows are (it looked like a hot house for plants). They had a lovely selection of food: sausage, ham, bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, french toast, waffles, fruit, an omelete bar, and a wonderful selection of drinks. The food was great and the character interaction was amazing.

(mmm, good bacon)

Apparently the fairy god mother was talking to TheAXIOM while we were all out getting food and he told her it was his sister’s birthday. So she screamed out for Kaycee and walked clear across the place to go see her! It was too funny. Throughout the meal different characters kept taking Jesse’s hat and posing cool for us with it on. It was funny.

(he was sleeping on Kaycee)

One of the highlights of the meal was when Minnie dropped by. There was a little girl standing by the bathrooms outside of the restaurant and she was waving at Minnie. She waved back and the little girl blew her two air kisses and Minnie blew some back and the little girl was so thrilled. She had this big twinkle in her eye and she ran to get her grandma to show her what happened. It was so magical. Then, Captain Hook came over and I knew there was going to be trouble. He looked over at Kaycee because she had her birthday hat on and pin and he was messing with her and me! I asked if we could take a picture with him and he slowly moved over to us, and knocked off my EARS as the picture was getting taken ! What a cod fish! Haha!

All the characters were saying Happy Birthday to Kaycee because she wore her pin & hat, but her real birthday was tomorrow. (She wanted to get a full day's worth of wearing the hat).

At the end of the meal, Tigger came over and was pointing at the balloon a CM gave me and I looked up. He slowly moved over to me and out of nowhere he bonked me on the head and ran away giggling! So rude ! Everyone thought it was super funny though. After, Dale came over and had a sword fight with one of the nearby kids. His brother came to the rescue and both of them stabbed Dale. He rolled over on the ground and pretended to die. It was really funny !

As we were leaving Eeyore and Dale were trying to court a young lady by giving her the flowers on the table, salt and pepper shakers, forks, napkins, etc. The CM told them it wasn’t cute and what they should do was pick up a sugar packet and say “excuse me miss, I think you dropped your name tag” and Eeyore rolled on the ground and laughed for days! It was sooo funny!

continued...

Last edited by wazowskiLOVER:); 01-10-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #150

Continued...

After the meal, we went over to the castle and FINALLLLLY went through the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough. It was so fantastic!! You all should really see it. But before going in, we got some classic castle pictures taken.

After we walked through some shops like the place where they have coats of arms for families. That was really neat ! Then we made our way to Casey Jr. to ride it for the first time (sorry I said it was on Sunday, but I’m totally blending days together). We talked to a CM there and he said he saw a wedding there recently that was over a $1 Million !!?! He said they purchased the shooting star firework and EVERYTHING! Crazy business.

Then after we finally went on the teacups. Us girls were still full and in no mood to throw up, so we let the boys stay in one cup and we hung out in ours and barely spun it.

They were going a million miles per hour! I thought for suure they’d be sick on the way out!

As we left, we went to see what the line was like for the Matterhorn. NO way. We’re not waiting. So we got FPs for Space and headed over to DCA to get some more TSMM action going!

Before we went to Paradise Pier, we went to Condor Flats and took pictures with Mater & Lightening McQueen and went on Soarin'. Most of them have never been on Soarin' and they liked it; especially the scents. Very cool

The line at TSMM was only 30 minutes (it was actually a little less than that) and we had a blast again (of course). Then we went to Screamin’ and waited for about 12 minutes. It was pretty sweet. We figured we should head back after because we wanted to get warm clothes for the evening since it was going to be 38 degrees out tonight!

(tickle fight!)

Continued...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: