Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #31
kathleen27
DIS Veteran

Great start to your tr!

Your kids look so excited and happy!!!
Even after that long car ride.

Sounds like you had lots of fun at DTD!
Yay! for the first magical moments!

Feb 2014 Feb 2013 Feb 2012 Feb 2011 September 2008 Feb 2008 Feb 2006 March 2003

Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #32
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

What a long car ride!! My DH and I used to make a similar trek from Minneapolis to Austin, TX all at once, we did it a few times and it would really wipe us out! Your children are adorable and I can't wait to hear more!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #33
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about the lack of fridge and micro but it looks like it turned out well anyway...and the hotel looks nice! Clean and neat and like you said, the kids probably couldn't care less because they just love hotels haha I'm so happy for them that they got those 2 magical moments and 2 free pins each! What a way to start off the trip!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 10-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #34
izzyzoeybear
Mouseketeer

Nothing like DTD to start a trip off right.... We have planned it for the 30th during the day before we do MNSSHP. Figured that would be a good day for it...now lets hope I don't spend all my money in one place!!!

Sounds like the you guys bounced back nicely after that drive....I think I would have been in bed crashed....

Waiting patiently for next installment....
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post27942346
Old 10-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #35
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, I am so guessing that DH ends up wanting a lanyard!!!

That is so great about the Magical Moments for the kids -- how cool!!! And on your first night at Disney!
We ended up having quite a few magical moments on this trip. Which sure sweetened the deal w/DH... as you'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohtigeey View Post
Aw, the kids look so happy!!! Sounds like a great first night! Kids are so funny. They get so excited to stay at a hotel. My kids are like that too. They love adventure! Can't wait to hear about you first park day!
They do look so happy, don't they?! I love it.

And you know what? Come to think of it, I love staying at hotels too! It's always nice when someone else cleans up after you and gives you clean dishes and towels every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindeegyrl View Post
Great report so far, can't wait for the next installment!
Thanks!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #36
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen27 View Post
Great start to your tr!

Your kids look so excited and happy!!!
Even after that long car ride.

Sounds like you had lots of fun at DTD!
Yay! for the first magical moments!
Hi, Kathleen! I haven't made it very far in your Sept. TR, but I've been tryin! I really can't believe how good they were, they were wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
What a long car ride!! My DH and I used to make a similar trek from Minneapolis to Austin, TX all at once, we did it a few times and it would really wipe us out! Your children are adorable and I can't wait to hear more!!
Wow! That's an even longer trek, I think! Next update will most likely be on Thursday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Sorry to hear about the lack of fridge and micro but it looks like it turned out well anyway...and the hotel looks nice! Clean and neat and like you said, the kids probably couldn't care less because they just love hotels haha I'm so happy for them that they got those 2 magical moments and 2 free pins each! What a way to start off the trip!
I'm happy w/the hotel. We had the top floor (I requested that) which was 5th floor, and it was QUIET. I never heard another family the whole time. Also, they redid their pool from the pix on tripadvisor, and it's decent now. They must use saltwater instead of chloriine because it wasn't stingy for the eyes or stinky at all and was SOOO warm when we swam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyzoeybear View Post
Nothing like DTD to start a trip off right.... We have planned it for the 30th during the day before we do MNSSHP. Figured that would be a good day for it...now lets hope I don't spend all my money in one place!!!

Sounds like the you guys bounced back nicely after that drive....I think I would have been in bed crashed....

Waiting patiently for next installment....
Yes, it was a great beginning to the trip. Cute photo-ops abounds. Fun shopping. Lots of happy excited people milling around. We crashed back at the hotel about 8:30-ish, I think.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #37
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I can't imagine driving all that way without stopping - what great troopers you all were!!

I'm glad you were happy with your off-site hotel - great rates too! I've contemplated staying offsite to save money but I love the ease of Disney transportation too much (plus when we went in 1997 & rented a car, we never used it except to go back and forth to airport. There were 12 of us for 10 days and I thought having a car would be easier.)

Your kids are adorable! Am anxious to read the next chapter!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 10-21-2008, 01:45 PM   #38
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

subbing!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #39
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I can't imagine driving all that way without stopping - what great troopers you all were!!

I'm glad you were happy with your off-site hotel - great rates too! I've contemplated staying offsite to save money but I love the ease of Disney transportation too much (plus when we went in 1997 & rented a car, we never used it except to go back and forth to airport. There were 12 of us for 10 days and I thought having a car would be easier.)

Your kids are adorable! Am anxious to read the next chapter!
I think with our proximity, it was good, otherwise, I def. wanna try on-site for a next trip, as I just hated the driving down there! The idea of the busses just being there for me would be fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle_princess View Post
subbing!
Working on the next installment for today.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #40
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Chapter 3: Oct. 10th- Part I: 1900 Park Fare

I woke up BEFORE the alarm clock, of course, on the morning of Oct. 10th. We had a 9:45 reservation for 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian with Mary Poppins & Friends. I made coffee after checking my reservation times and the weather forecast for the day.

Yikes! Rain. So.... rain all the way into Orlando. Rain drizzling all evening at DtD.... raining as we fell asleep on those wonnnnnnderful pillows at our hotel the night before. Were we seriously going to be rained on this whole trip? And more importantly- tonight, during MNSSHP?

With a sigh, I decided I'd just have to get rain ponchos, I guess and started my shower. The kids were getting up as I was getting out and I got them both bathed and dressed. DH was drrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaggggging his feet. He was TIRED. Surprisingly, I got them all out of the hotel my 8:45. We got to the parking lot of MK and DH was very confused about what was going on.

We had to park at one place, only to get on a monorail to get to where we wanted to go? We WERE going to try to go straight to GF, but to be honest, we got lost and somehow found our cars going with the flow to MK. So whatever, thanks to the DIS I knew we could park there and take the monorail.

WELL.... once we got the the parking lot, we found out we first had to board trams to get to the TTC, where the monorail would be! Oh yea, I'd read that on the DIS too! Seriously, thank goodness I decided to research my trip before going. I can't imagine how much time and confusion people go through if they just pack up and head to the World with no clue of how it all works. DH had absolutely no recollection of any of this stuff as a kid. Which I was happy about- cuz it was like we were going through it together!

Once we finally got to the TTC, we headed towards the monorail. DH followed the crowd, of course, and I quickly veered him in the direction of the RESORT monorail. Something I learned about my husband during this trip was that HE DOESN'T READ SIGNS. This will come into play later in our trip.

So as we are the first in line for the monorail to the resorts, we notice the cast member is from Gary, Indiana. DH spent some years growing up, and was born in, Hammond, Indiana and East Chicago, IN, which is a neighbor to Gary, so they started chatting. When the monorail arrived, she directed us to.....

The first car!

I nearly ran as I took the kids hands and told them how special this was, and that not everyone gets to ride the front car of the monorail. The driver's name was Tom, and he was ALSO from a city near DH's hometown, DH was just tickled. The kids were beyond excited, and mom was grinning ear-to-ear. Magic Moment #3!!

The next exciting sight was of the Grand Floridian. Man, is that one seriously pretty resort. I told the kids that's where we're having breakfast and they were even more excited!

We recieved our monorail licenses and headed into the GF.

Believe it or not, DH is stealing the computer from me right now, so I'll have to finish this update tommorow. But I'm sick anyway and plan on calling in right at 6am so after the kids go to school, I'll have all day to sleep and update.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #41
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Wow! Magic moment #3 -- you lucky ducks!!! I love seeing the excitement on all of your faces!!! Too fun! So, did you take back everyone's licenses as soon as the picture was taken so they wouldn't be damaged before putting them in a scrapbook?

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #42
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

That's great! First trip on the monorail and you get front car without even asking? Woo-hoo!

Can't wait to hear more...but sorry you aren't feeling well. Feel better soon!

Sara
Old 10-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #43
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

OH man I'm getting nervous for you that you might have had rain on your MNSSHP night! Keeping me in suspense here girl. lol That picture of your DH, DS and DD with their monorail licenses is sooo cute! Feel better!!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 10-24-2008, 09:30 AM   #44
MEK
DIS Veteran

I really like your trip report. It is so fun to see the world through someone's first trip. Can't wait to read more!

OH Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR
The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW, VWL/VGF
Old 10-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #45
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
OH man I'm getting nervous for you that you might have had rain on your MNSSHP night! Keeping me in suspense here girl. lol That picture of your DH, DS and DD with their monorail licenses is sooo cute! Feel better!!
Ahhhh.... suspense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
That's great! First trip on the monorail and you get front car without even asking? Woo-hoo!

Can't wait to hear more...but sorry you aren't feeling well. Feel better soon!

Sara
I was so much more excited then the kids, DH totally was laughing at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Wow! Magic moment #3 -- you lucky ducks!!! I love seeing the excitement on all of your faces!!! Too fun! So, did you take back everyone's licenses as soon as the picture was taken so they wouldn't be damaged before putting them in a scrapbook?

Hope you feel better soon!
Why, of course!

Thanks for the well-wishes everybody! I've got a killer headache but the antibiotics are kickin' in. But I digress.....

Now....on with the update.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: