Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
fire6164
Mouseketeer

Celebrating 25 years of marriage at WDW in December! WE LEAVE IN 7 HOURS!!!

Where to go for our anniversary?
  • Oregon Coast
  • Seattle
  • Las Vegas
  • Disneyland
  • Walt Disney World

After researching and several conversations we decided to go back to WDW. I am so excited we have always gone with our kids, grandkids, family or friends. This will be our first trip with just the two of us. AND we are going at Christmas time.

The Cast

Myself - Disney fanatic and loves to plan

DH - loves to read the Dis boards
I don't have any Disney photos of DH by himself - so here is one with our DGS.

Tiff is my princess and Andrew is my pirate

Our romantic holiday trip Me DH
January 2008 staying at the POP
DH ME DD DGD DGS

Walt Disney World - February 2006 All Star Sports with 11 people and July 1991 off site
Disneyland - June 2005, June 2002, and June 1995 all off site

Last edited by fire6164; 12-03-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
fire6164
Mouseketeer

So when are we going

Our trip will be December 3rd-7th. We will be taking a red-eye flight out of Portland, OR on the 3rd and arriving in Orlando the morning of the 4th.

This will be the first time that we have taken such a short trip to WDW. All previous trips were 8-9 days.

Next up what to do and when????

DH ME DD DGD DGS

Walt Disney World - February 2006 All Star Sports with 11 people and July 1991 off site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
fire6164
Mouseketeer

Christmas at Disney - this has been a dream of mine for years and it is finally happening.

We went to WDW in January 2008 and did not think we would be back for a number of years. DH works in the grocery business and the store that he manages was sold this last May. He is now the store director and the new owner gave him a couple of extra days off for the extra work he has done during the transition. As in the previous post we discussed where we wanted to go and when. DH thought Las Vegas would be good since it's a short flight from Oregon. However when I showed him the cost (with gambling $$) and the cost to go to DL, he said hey lets go to DL. After looking at the cost to DL (and staying off property) vs. WDW (and on-site). WDW won hands down. We like being able to go to the different parks and wanted to be able to go to a MVMCP.

We both have to work a 1/2 day on the Wednesday that we leave. Our flight leaves at 6:45pm but we have a 2 hour drive (if the weather is good). DH new boss even said he would drive us to the airport and pick us up. So the plan at this time is to leave work around 1:00-2:00 pm and leave town no later than 2:30 pm. (Weather depending). We will arrive at the airport around 4:30pm and check in. We are not sure if we will eat at PDX or wait for our layover at LAX. Our flight from LAX leaves around 10:30 pm and arrives in MCO at 6:20 am. We have a little over a hour at LAX so unsure if we have enough time for a meal. We have taken red-eye flights each time we fly to MCO so we know that we will be able to sleep on the plane. DH is able to sleep just about anywhere!!!!

Here's a picture of DH and me at DHS last January

DH ME DD DGD DGS

Last edited by fire6164; 11-05-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
fire6164
Mouseketeer

Just spent the last 3 hours helping a friend of my DD plan a trip to WDW in November. My DD had told her that if she was going to WDW that I was the one to talk to.

It was so much fun relaying information that I had and helping her to purchase her tickets and such.

The only bummer is that she will be going before me But that's o.k. now I have two upcoming trips to be excited about. I know that her and her DS will have a blast. I told her to read, read, and read some more on the dis to find out all she could.

DH ME DD DGD DGS

Old 10-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
fire6164
Mouseketeer

Whooo Hooo

We got our docs from ME.

Also my friend got her MVMCP tickets in two days from Disney (she is getting excited too)

Lots to do still
  • figure out daily details
  • create t-shirt designs
  • finish the t-shirts
  • scrapbook last years trip
  • get the house ready for Thanksgiving
  • do progress reports on my students
  • pack
  • leave for the airport

DH ME DD DGD DGS

Old 10-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Congrats on 25 years!
I too have dream of christmas time at Disney!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #7
fire6164
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
I too have dream of christmas time at Disney!
Thanks - I am certainly getting into the spirit of Christmas - have been playing Christmas music in my car and when I got home tonight I pulled out my case of Christmas cds and that's what I am listening to right away.

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year and I usually decorate the day after Thanksgiving. Not sure if I will this year (probably will) because it will be so close to us leaving. If I don't do it then, I will probably not get many of the decorations out.

DH and I have talked about going to Disney at Christmas time but never though we would since I am a preschool teacher. I was able to get two days off so we will make this a very short trip with those 2 days and the weekend.

DD is home from a 3 day training to pick up the grandkids - so gotta go.

DH ME DD DGD DGS

Old 11-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
fire6164
Mouseketeer

First day plans

We will taking a red-eye flight from the West Coast and will arrive in MCO around 6:30 in the morning. We have taken red-eyes before so we know that we will be able to sleep on the plane. (DH can sleep anywhere!!).

We are hoping for only a little wait for ME and head out to CBR and check in. At this time of the morning we are pretty sure that our room will not be ready.

Plan A - if room is ready take carry on bag to the room.
Plan B - take bag to bell services

Then we will head over to Animal Kingdom where we will have breakfast at Rainforest Cafe. After breakfast we will get FP to EE and then ride Safari and the Dinosauer ride. Depending on the crowds I may ride PW. DH doesn't like that one. Our major plan is to just take in the sights, sounds, and being with out any young ones.

DH wants to see the parade so we will find a spot close to the walkway to the entrance of the park. After the parade we will head back to CBR to find our room.

picture of the family at AK in Jan

We will rest a little bit and then head over to Magic Kingdom for MVMCP. There we will watch Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas, parade, and the fireworks. Depending on how tired we are we will ride some rides and do some shopping. We are hoping to be able to stay til the end (will see). The nice thing about it being the two of us -is that we don't have to agree with a group.

After looking through pictures from January - I found very few of DH and me. So I cropped out DD. That will be a good thing about this trip pics of DH and me.

Up next Friday's plans - yes we will be going commando style this trip

DH ME DD DGD DGS

Old 11-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #9
'OhanaMama
I'm too excited to sleep.....

Only 32 days !!!!! We'll be there Dec 3 - Dec 7 also. I am so excited. My husband and I are celebrating our 40th birthdays and leaving the kids at home. Woo Hoo !!!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 AM   #10
fire6164
Mouseketeer

30 days before we leave

DH ME DD DGD DGS

Old 11-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #11
'OhanaMama

30 DAYS AND COUNTING! OMG! WHERE'S THAT LITTLE DANCING MAN? OH THERE HE IS.

TODAY RACHEL RAY HAD HER COOKING CONTESTANTS RUNNING AROUND MK AND EP MAKING SNACKS AND SUCH. I SAW THE CASTLE AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF

30 DAYS AND COUNTING! OMG!

I HAVE TO LOOK AT MY SCHEDULE AGAIN. IT'S BEEN PLANNED SO FAR BACK I FORGET WHAT THE PLANS ARE.

WED MK
THURS AK / MVMCP
FRI HS
SAT EP
SUN SHOPPING

I HAVE TO ADJUST MY DDP RESSIES, MAKE MY DIS TAGS AND WINDOW DECORATIONS, PLAN MY SONS BDAY PARTY, PLAN/COOK THANKSGIVING, PACK...

AND WHAT ELSE? OH YEA TURN 40! EEK!

SUDDENLY 30 DAYS ISN'T ENOUGH!

Old 11-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #12
fire6164
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'OhanaMama View Post
TODAY RACHEL RAY HAD HER COOKING CONTESTANTS RUNNING AROUND MK AND EP MAKING SNACKS AND SUCH. I SAW THE CASTLE AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF

30 DAYS AND COUNTING! OMG!

I HAVE TO ADJUST MY DDP RESSIES, MAKE MY DIS TAGS AND WINDOW DECORATIONS, PLAN MY SONS BDAY PARTY, PLAN/COOK THANKSGIVING, PACK...

AND WHAT ELSE? OH YEA TURN 40! EEK!

SUDDENLY 30 DAYS ISN'T ENOUGH!
I missed the Rachal Ray show - had to run to the grocery store after work.

I have lots to finish before the trip too. still have to do my T-shirts, clean house this weekend (my mom is coming next week), write progress reports for the kids in my class, have Thanksgiving dinner, pack and maybe decorate for Christmas before we leave.

Oh did I say my mom is coming - and I think it's for a week. My dad is gone hunting so she is coming to visit whoo hoo. She usually goes to my sister's house but DS is working 10-12 hour days so I guess she figures that I will have more time to visit.

The only concern I have is getting my exercise time in. I bought a Wii game system in September with the Wii Fit game. I have faithfully been exercising 5-6 times a week since then. I feel so much better and am looking forward to the walking that we will be doing at WDW. Also I have lost 7 pounds.

DH ME DD DGD DGS

Old 11-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #13
'OhanaMama

Adding To The List: Decorate For Christmas. Forgot That One.

My Mom & Step-father Just Left. Whoo Hoo. They Were Here For A Month. They Sold Their House, Moved In With Us, Then Shopped For Another House. They Closed Today. Did I Say Whoo Hoo? I Love, Love, Love My Mom But..... We Can't Live Together.

Congrats On The 7 Pounds!!!!! Funny, But I've Been Working Out Too. Well Not So Much When My Mom Was Here (the Tv Is Too Loud In The Basement, Evidently). I'm Worried About Walking All Day. Usually When We Take The Kids We Take Alot Of Breaks. Not This Time!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #14
fire6164
Mouseketeer

Friday's Plans

Friday we will be starting and finishing our day at Epcot.

The plan is to be at rope drop and ride the following:
Soarin
Test Track
Mission in Space

We will then decide what else we would like to do in FW

We are looking at being able to see each of the countries at our leisure (with no kids)

The plan at this time is to head over to DHS around 4:30-5:00 to see the Osbourne Lights and look through some of the shops. Then back to Epcot to see Illumanations. This is our 4th trip to WDW and we have never seen Illumanations (this is my must see on this trip).

We will finish the evening at Epcot and leave when we get tired.

I am hoping that we will be able to squeeze in DHS - just want to see the lights - we plan on going to DHS Saturday morning.

Up next the packed full plans for our last day - Saturday.

DH enjoying the different cokes

DH carried DGS on his shoulders most of the time - also the t-shirts I made for the last trip. We will be able to use them this trip again (they have 2008 on them).

Me at Epcot

Us girls with Dopey

The whole family as we left Epccot - with our semi-matching shirts

Well off to work - we have the fire department coming today to share fire safety with the kids - hope the rain disappears so we can go outside and see the firetrucks.

DH ME DD DGD DGS

Old 11-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #15
'OhanaMama

FRI - DHS (OPEN TO CLOSE)
WE'RE EATING EARLY 4:15, SEEING "THE LIGHTS", AND FANTASMIC!.

WE'RE NOT PARK HOPPING THIS TRIP. THAT DRIVES ME A LITTLE CRAZY. WE'RE JUST DEVOTING ONE DAY TO EACH PARK AND TAKING OUR TIME. W/O KIDS YOU CAN DO THAT SORT OF THING. I THINK. I HOPE.

THE ONE THING THAT I PLAN TO DO THAT I HAVEN'T DONE BEFORE IS TO SEE THE PARADE IN AK. OH, AND MISSION SPACE IN EP. THE LAST TRIP WE TOOK IN 8/07 WAS THE FIRST TIME I RODE TOWER OF TERROR. THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO SEE AND DO EVERYTHING IS THERE?

I WAS THINKING OF MAKING SOME BUTTONS TO WEAR ON OUR JACKETS OR SUCH. I WAS A LITTLE WORRIED IF I MADE T-SHIRTS IT WOULD BE TOO COLD AND END UP COVERING THEM UP WITH A SWEATSHIRT. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE WEATHER WILL BE?

ALL FOR NOW. I HAVE TO CALL DISNEY DINING.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: