Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2008, 04:13 AM   #1
raph_b
Proud Redhead

My First Ever Trip Report - Day 2 - Adventures in Epcot

Day 2 - Adventures in Epcot

*Warning - the following contains pictures of delicious food and the writer accepts no responsibility for any damage caused by drooling over your keyboard*

We had set the alarm for 8.00, but I was up about 7.15 (was it the time difference?! was it excitement?!) and Em got up about 20 minutes later. We unpacked a few things and didn't actually leave the hotel until about 8.30 despite our early rise - my dream of arriving at Epcot for rope drop was ruined!

We arrived at about 9.20 and headed straight for Test Track. We picked up fast passes and the queue was only 5 mins so we decided to go straight on it too. We both absolutely loved this ride, it was so much fun! Especially the bit when you crash into the wall We then headed to Mission Space, which broke down whilst we were locked into our spaceship - we were on there with a lady and her little girl and the little girl got really scared and was worried we'd be stuck in there forever

Luckily for all of us we still made it to Mars and back again, then we headed over to Soarin followed by the Land tour.

Next up was Figment's journey into imagination - I remember loving Figment when I was younger, but I couldn't remember anything about the ride!

Hunger was starting to set in, which timed perfectly with the opening of World Showcase, so we headed clockwise to pick up some School Bread from Norway (via a quick stop off in Mexico to meet Donald!) I'll post up some more pics once our Photopass cd arrives

What can I say about School Bread?! It's absolutely amazing! I loved it so much, and I don't even like custard!

Almost forgot - we walked past the Coke place on the way to World Showcase and sampled the cokes around the world - and yes, I tricked Emilie into trying the Beverley! I tried it as well, but at least I was expecting something horrible, and that stuff is the definition of horrible! Surely it must be some big joke by Coke and Disney, that can't be a real drink, can it?!

We then started to wander around the world showcase, taking loads of pics and checking out all the shops (I loved the Japan shop, so much cool stuff in there!) and the French Patisserie is amazing (they even sell my favourite French pastry, a pepito!) we soon got hungry again and decided to eat in Morocco

I love this pic - shame it was so cloudy though (although it didn't seem it at the time, it was boiling!)

We went to the Tangerine Cafe and I had the Lamb Wrap and Em had the Falafel Wrap. I think we shared a large sprite too. I picked up a few sachets of Jalapeno hot sauce from China (in case of emergencies!) which were perfect for my wrap

My lamb wrap

Em's falafel one

Mediterranean Wraps - served with Tangerine Couscous salad and lentil salad

The food here was superb, I would definitely recommended it. (In fact looking at this pic has made me really hungry! lol)

Total cost without tip - $21.61

*Off Topic*

Whilst at the Tangerine Cafe, the family in front of us all ordered a cheeseburger and fries - there was 5 of them and they ordered 5 cheese burgers and fries, why would you go into a Moroccan cafe to order burgers? I must admit I found it bizarre

*Back on Topic*

After lunch we finished off the world showcase, which included getting our first autographs from Pooh and Eeyore I was disappointed not to see a Leeds United shirt in the English sports shop

We also shared a grey goose slushie from France

After Canada we were both feeling really tired so we headed home for a shower and got changed ready for our big dinner at the famous Le Cellier!

Le Cellier:

I had been looking forward to coming here for well over 6 months and knew exactly what I would be ordering!

One thing I was really excited about was seeing the actual restaurants I had heard and read so much about, even though I knew Le Cellier's menu inside out I had no idea at all what it would look like, and I was really impressed, its a really pretty little restaurant outside and in. I've read complaints about tables being too close together but we thought it was fine.

Okay, so now the important part, onto the food - well this was the easiest order of my life! Soup and Fillet all the way!

I started off with a pint of Moosehead (I lived in Toronto for a year and love this stuff, one of my fav beers in the world!) and Em had some wine.

They brought the famous breadsticks out and they did not disappoint!

I had the cheddar cheese and bacon soup and Em went for the prince edward island mussels

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - Made with Moosehead Beer and Smoked Bacon

Sautéed Prince Edward Island Mussels - with a Broth of Coconut Milk, Celery, Shallots, Ginger, Garlic, and Rice Wine

We got a bit excited and forgot to take pics until we started! When I told Em we would be taking pics of all of our food she thought I was joking, and when I took these pics I think she thought I was a little bit mad but she soon loved it and went food pic crazy! (It was fun to watch other people taking pics of their food - knowing they must be fellow DISers!)

This is easily the nicest soup I've ever had in my life - and the pretzel bread works so well with it!

Em said the mussels were the nicest she had ever had in her life too! They had a lovely delicate coconutty flavour

For main I went for the Mushroom Fillet and Em went for the Halibut. We also shared a side of the cream cheese mashed potatoes, as I really wanted to try them!

Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce

Pan-seared Halibut - topped with Tomato confit served over braised red beets

The fillet was so tender, def the best steak I had had in my life (at that point in time anyway.......)

We were far too full for dessert, even though the chocolate moose did look particularly cute!

Total without tip was $110.98.

Le Cellier Scores:

Me:

Ambience 7.5/10
Service 7/10
Food 10/10
Value for Money 9/10

Overall - 9/10

Em:

Ambience 6/10
Service 8/10
Food 8.5/10
Value for Money 9/10

Overall - 8.5/10

A fantastic restaurant and I would definitely want to go back again - If you are lucky enough to get hold of an ADR - DO IT!!!!

We were both absolutely knackered again so walked back through Epcot

Epcot was almost completely empty, although I guess it was about 10pm thoughso not that surprising really! We headed back to the car and back to the hotel room, to dream about soup.......

Tune in tomorrow for IOA action!!!
Feb 1999 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge (4 nights)
May 2007 - DLRP - Daytrip
Sep 2008 - WDW - Offsite (2 weeks)
Mar 2009 - DLRP - Hotel New York (3 nights)
Nov 2009 - DLHK - Daytrip
Sep 2010 - WDW - Last trip before its time to have babies!

Thank you O' great Tag Fairy - You have made this Proud Redhead a very happy bunny!!

Last edited by raph_b; 10-17-2008 at 04:21 AM.
raph_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:55 AM   #2
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Ah, good - a trip report by a fellow foodie. Not so long ago, I was very disapproving of those who took photos of their food (how uncouth ), but I'm now a convert and I shall be taking lots this trip.

Our days of eating at Le Cellier are, sadly, a thing of the past. We like it, but not enough to make an ADR. Pre-DDP we never had a problem getting in on a walk-up basis. Pleased to hear that it lived up to your expectations.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2008, 05:02 AM   #3
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

A great day at my fave park I love your photos and I really must try that School Bread one day

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:08 AM   #4
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Great second day, I love Epcot...Le Cellier looks lovely- I think my BF would like it there... its is really getting me in the mood to start some WDW planning!

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:21 AM   #5
tjwk
Earning My Ears

wow great trip report!!! May start planning mine!!!!!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!!!!!

Vicky-Me, Wayne-dh,Trafford6-ds,Kenzie5-dd & Abi2-dd

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mrfqhcoy8scjr.png[/img]

tjwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:37 AM   #6
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

A great day's report - have to agree with your eating choices - love The Tangerine Cafe in Morocco and also Le Cellier - hopefully we will be trying both again next May

Tammy
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Great first day. Le Cellier is always top of my ADR list and I have the exact same meal you had.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #8
saratogagirl
I need books, and wine and Ian in order to survive
I couldnt wipe bottoms of strangers
I am strangely refreshed this morning ... and I am off to the butchers soon

brilliant start, you both look so happy
Old 10-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #9
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

brilliant day
Old 10-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Great day and great photos

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #11
AlanUK
UK Trip Planning & Trip Reports Moderator

Great pictures DW is looking forward to trying the school bread.

My Darling Boy

October 1980 - International Drive ~ October 2000 - Disney's Carribbean Beach Resort ~ October 2002 - Disney's Boardwalk Villa's ~ October 2003 - Disney's Boardwalk Villa's ~ April/May 2005 - Disney's Villa's At Wilderness Lodge & Hard Rock Hotel & Disney's Beach Club Villa's & Disney's Boardwalk Villas ~ Oct/Nov 2006 - Disney's Boardwalk Villa's
AlanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #12
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Lovely photos Craig.

I have got an ADR for Le Cellier in December and like you I planned my meal over 6 months ago....it's the same as you even down to the side of cheesy mash!

I am so glad to hear you liked the school bread as everyone raves about them but I wasn't sure whether too bother as I don't like custard, will definately give it a go now!

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - EBTA, Sept 2014 - WBTA
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #13
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Excellent day Craig,that food looks soooooooo delicious,especially the steak+i did drool .x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando,Hard Rock Hotel+CSR With Free QSDP.
Snowy-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:38 AM   #14
The Fetherstons
DIS Veteran

What a great day Craig , we also went to Le Cellier and the food was sooooo delicious (Its making me hungry)

MY ICE BUDDY IS MICHELLE - SNOWYGIRLS
Me (35) DH Craig (37) DS Adam (7)

1980 Disney0ff Site 1993/7 Disney Offsite, 2001 Honeymoon ASMusic
2005/6 ASMovies, 2007 Pop Century 2008 CBR, 2009 Tuscany Villa
The Fetherstons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #15
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

Craig,
What an entertaining and informative report you are writing. Hard to believe this is your first. You're a natural. And good choice of willing co-conspirator! Emilie got right into the spirit of things, didn't she? Well done on all counts.

Last edited by SusanEllen; 10-19-2008 at 08:53 AM.
SusanEllen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: