Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #3646
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

I couldn't believe the news about the monorail accident when my DH told me this morning...I thought he was joking. SO sad and tragic...my heart goes out to the cast member who died and his family and friends, and those who were on the monorail and were involved/witnessed the accident.

So sad.

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Old 07-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #3647
1bigwdwfan
Trying not to step on the Mome Raths.

Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinjuls View Post
I just got a new bag and I'm so excited to use it! I got a Baggalini like tons of Disers recommend in purple. I love it! It has a bunch of compartments and I really am hoping it works well in the parks! Plus I think my LGMH will stand out well on it!
Just wanted to wish you an early happy birthday!!mickeyjum

Everybody's got a laughing place, a laughing place to go-o-o.
Take your frown, turn it upside down, & you'll find yours I know!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #3648
1bigwdwfan
Trying not to step on the Mome Raths.

almost time

I only have 9 more hours to work until vacation starts, even though I don't leave until next Sunday. Work's been crappy this week, so I decided to wear my Cheshire Cat/Alice scrub top to celebrate & bask in the knowledge of where I'll be next week at this time. ~sigh~ I'm happier than words can express.

Everybody's got a laughing place, a laughing place to go-o-o.
Take your frown, turn it upside down, & you'll find yours I know!
Old 07-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #3649
FlyingPegasus
I am busted not supposed to be on the computer!
I don't want it chilled and I don't want it on ice

Sad & checking in

My thoughts and prayers go out to the CM and his family, and also to the family that was on the monorail at the time of the accident.

I was very shocked when I woke up this morning and my daughter told me about the accident.

My DD got her first and last monorail license on Friday night. I told her no more riding with the driver.

They have the monorail entrance at the Contemporary blocked with plants and a guard standing there telling people to take the buses. They said it would be shut down all day today and he did not know if it would be open tomorrow or not.

I went out on the 4th floor observation deck and noticed the lime green monorail is parked at the Contemporary station.

I feel bad for the people at MK today when they go to leave the park tonight. It will be a long wait to get on one of those boats.

That being said we have 4:30 reservations for dinner in Epcot, and I think we will just pile into our van and drive over there, as I am sure the buses will be packed as well.

Last night after watching MK fireworks from our balcony, we went to the other end of the resort so we could watch the Epcot fireworks. We were right over the monorail tracks, and I remember commenting that there seemed to be more monorails on the tracks, and they were coming by one after the other.

Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to all who were affected by this tragedy.

On a happy note, there was a knock on our door a little while ago, and I was surprised by the Disney florist delivering a Tiara on a lovely white satin pillow, with a rose corsage. My sister has not let me anywhere near the crystal shop, because she was worried that I would go buy a crown before I got my birthday gift card, and ruin her surprise. Now I get to find something else to buy with my gift card on thursday.

I will let you know if I hear any other news about the monorail.

FlyingPegasus & qruthie
7/2-12/09 CR

Old 07-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #3650
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPegasus View Post
My thoughts and prayers go out to the CM and his family, and also to the family that was on the monorail at the time of the accident.

I was very shocked when I woke up this morning and my daughter told me about the accident.

My DD got her first and last monorail license on Friday night. I told her no more riding with the driver.

They have the monorail entrance at the Contemporary blocked with plants and a guard standing there telling people to take the buses. They said it would be shut down all day today and he did not know if it would be open tomorrow or not.

I went out on the 4th floor observation deck and noticed the lime green monorail is parked at the Contemporary station.

I feel bad for the people at MK today when they go to leave the park tonight. It will be a long wait to get on one of those boats.

That being said we have 4:30 reservations for dinner in Epcot, and I think we will just pile into our van and drive over there, as I am sure the buses will be packed as well.

Last night after watching MK fireworks from our balcony, we went to the other end of the resort so we could watch the Epcot fireworks. We were right over the monorail tracks, and I remember commenting that there seemed to be more monorails on the tracks, and they were coming by one after the other.

On a happy note, there was a knock on our door a little while ago, and I was surprised by the Disney florist delivering a Tiara on a lovely white satin pillow, with a rose corsage. My sister has not let me anywhere near the crystal shop, because she was worried that I would go buy a crown before I got my birthday gift card, and ruin her surprise. Now I get to find something else to buy with my gift card on thursday.

FlyingPegasus & qruthie
7/2-12/09 CR
Thank you for the update on the current monorail situation.

oh What a wonderful surprise from your very thoughtful sister,
Old 07-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #3651
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:

FlyingPegasus & qruthie
7/2-12/09 CR
Thanks Fly for the update. My thoughts are with the CM's family, friends and co-workers as well as the family on the Monorail.

I will definitely look for you in your tiara on the 9th! Happy Birthday!

We leave tomorrow for LA and fly out on Tuesday morning! We are so excited - younger DD bought the UG to WDW and went online to print out specialized touring plans - she will be the designated navigator!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 07-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #3652
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
on a happier note -- Look how close we all are to leaving

p.s. I am working today and I am depending on all of you for my entertainment as Sundays are typically very slow and I have to be here until 7pm
LOL I love it!

my bananas are dancing for your entertainment
Old 07-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #3653
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:

FlyingPegasus & qruthie
7/2-12/09 CR
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
LOL I love it!

my bananas are dancing for your entertainment

Oh Yay!! Thanks for the entertainment
Old 07-05-2009, 06:07 PM   #3654
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

I was so worried when I saw the monorail accident that a child was along side the CM.... It is such sad news he passed away but thank god there were no other casualties or severe injuries.... That is truely a blessing...

Does anyone know if we are able to send the family our condolences? perhaps a card or such? I just feel so so terrible and would like them to know we all have them in our prayers...
Old 07-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #3655
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

FlyingPegasus & qruthie
7/2-12/09 CR
Thanks so much for the update...it's such a sad situation. I'm wondering how long the investigation will take and when they'll have the monorails running again...

What a sweet, thoughtful gift from your sister!!

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Old 07-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #3656
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

I just watched the posted link from the disney rumors board on youtube and feel like a little child...I can't stop crying...

There thankfully wasn't that many people aboard but my god, when you see the people banging on the conductors door and you hear the panic, it just takes a toll on the heart. It's going to be really hard heading out there next weekend... Its so so heartbreaking....
Old 07-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #3657
IndianaMama
Earning My Ears

Hi all! This is my first post. I love this site and have been lurking around for a few months. Reading all of the posts, especially in this thread, is getting me sooooooo excited! Is it okay if I just jump on in here?!

My family and I will be visiting Disney from July 16th through the 24th. We are celebrating my girls birthdays. My oldest turns 13 this weekend. My youngest turns nine a week after we get back.

This year we're going to stay in Port Orleans Riverside. I requested the mansions so hopefully they'll be able to find one for us as both of my girls fell in love with them from the pics on the Disney.com site.

I made all of my dinner reservations in April. We didn't take advantage of the dining plan last year. We mostly at CS or out of our cooler, although we did make a stop at Tony's, a favorite of mine from my visits in the late 80's. After reading tons of reviews, I think I've made good choices....the only one that worries me is Restaurant Marrakesh but I think we'll be okay. After all, who doesn't like shish kabobs and couscous, right? Lol!

This year we'll be eating at
Liberty Tree Tavern on 7-17 @ 7
Boma on 7-19 @ 9am
Restaurant Marrakesh on 7-20 @ 7
Whispering Canyon on 7-21 @ 7
Chef Mickey on 7-22 @ 9am
50's Primetime also on 7-22 @ 7
and then dinner at O'Hana's @ 6:30
before starting our long sad drive back to Indiana (are there any other adults that feel sad when they leave Disney? lol! DH thinks I'm nuts!)

April 1985: off site
August 1985: off site
August 1987: off site

July 2008: Pop Century (DD1 & DD2 first trip!)
July 2009: Port Orleans Riverside

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mc5sfesv8pi3j.png[/img]
Old 07-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #3658
Will20
Earning My Ears

I can't believe I'm in the single digits! This time next week I will be packed and ready to fly out!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #3659
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMama View Post
Hi all! This is my first post. I love this site and have been lurking around for a few months. Reading all of the posts, especially in this thread, is getting me sooooooo excited! Is it okay if I just jump on in here?!

My family and I will be visiting Disney from July 16th through the 24th. We are celebrating my girls birthdays. My oldest turns 13 this weekend. My youngest turns nine a week after we get back.

This year we're going to stay in Port Orleans Riverside. I requested the mansions so hopefully they'll be able to find one for us as both of my girls fell in love with them from the pics on the Disney.com site.

I made all of my dinner reservations in April. We didn't take advantage of the dining plan last year. We mostly at CS or out of our cooler, although we did make a stop at Tony's, a favorite of mine from my visits in the late 80's. After reading tons of reviews, I think I've made good choices....the only one that worries me is Restaurant Marrakesh but I think we'll be okay. After all, who doesn't like shish kabobs and couscous, right? Lol!

This year we'll be eating at
Liberty Tree Tavern on 7-17 @ 7
Boma on 7-19 @ 9am
Restaurant Marrakesh on 7-20 @ 7
Whispering Canyon on 7-21 @ 7
Chef Mickey on 7-22 @ 9am
50's Primetime also on 7-22 @ 7
and then dinner at O'Hana's @ 6:30
before starting our long sad drive back to Indiana (are there any other adults that feel sad when they leave Disney? lol! DH thinks I'm nuts!)
I'm already sad about leaving Disney and we haven't even got there yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will20 View Post
I can't believe I'm in the single digits! This time next week I will be packed and ready to fly out!
Me too
Old 07-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #3660
Minnie1156
No apology needed, just wanted you to be sure to know that if you try to change your tags, you lose what I did
"What will be will be"

10 days for me. I am so excited!!!
1990 Carribean Beach 1994 Port Orleans 2000 Coranodo Springs 2003-04 All Star 2005-06 Pop Century 2007 Port Orleans 2007 All Star Christmas 2008 Pop2009 Animal Kingdom 2010 Carribean Beach Pop century 2011 2011All-Star Music DM DD 2012 riverside 2014 Pop Century w/DGS

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: