Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #3601
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Happy 4th of July to all of you !! May you ALL catch some pixie dust of your own (that is the cutest story EVER)

just a few more days..a few more days! I can hardly believe it.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #3602
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

okay, flipflopmom, we're gonna be at POP the same time. You gotta post a pic so I know who to look for
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #3603
Lindsaygirl27
Mouseketeer

Packing UP!!

Hey Everyone:

I'm leaving on Wed and I've started to pack up everything and have noticed that I can't find my waterproof money/id holder thinggy...

I went to a few local stores by me and it seems as though they haven't recieved any of these.. Has anyone purchased one this year and would be able to tell me where I can find one...
Old 07-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #3604
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Anyone have any idea how much money I need for the toll road? - Do they have booths to stop and pay or just the baskets to toss money in?
I need to know how much change to get.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #3605
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
Anyone have any idea how much money I need for the toll road? - Do they have booths to stop and pay or just the baskets to toss money in?
I need to know how much change to get.
I can't remember how much the tolls are, but they do have booths to stop and pay. It seems like it's a few dollars...

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Old 07-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #3606
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsaygirl27 View Post
Hey Everyone:

I'm leaving on Wed and I've started to pack up everything and have noticed that I can't find my waterproof money/id holder thinggy...

I went to a few local stores by me and it seems as though they haven't recieved any of these.. Has anyone purchased one this year and would be able to tell me where I can find one...
You might try calling some Swim or Suba shops. They might be the most likely to have something like that. Lois
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Old 07-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #3607
FlyingPegasus
I am busted not supposed to be on the computer!
I don't want it chilled and I don't want it on ice

Thumbs up Checking in with an update

Hey everybody! Having a great time so far!!

A few notes.

The Contemporary no longer has computers in the room, and there is no wireless internet in the rooms. Only one cable to plug into. My sister spent a while trying ot figure out how to get my laptop to run the internet off of her laptop. I finally called Martydog (our local computer expert friend) and screamed "Help" into the phone. He came right over with a router and 2 cables, and we are both up and running now.

The concierge people don't seem to be as knowledgable as they have in the past. I woke up early yesterday, went out and asked them what time we had to be at Epcot for the dolphin experience, and where were we supposed to go. She said she did not know and they should have told us that when we made the reservation. I just looked at her and said "hmmm, I believe you all made the reservation for us?" Then I appologized and said, "Sorry it is early, I have not had a smoke or a soda yet, but I thought that was what we were paying you to do for us, to know these things." I told her I was going to go have a cigarette, and for her to see if she could figure it out by the time I got back., which she did.

The dolphin experience was great, sorry I don't have a scanner with me or I would scan and post the picture. The only problem we had was with the wheelchair we rented. It did not want to go through the little doorways we had to go through.

Went to Chef Mickey's last night. I brought a white paint pen and got Mickey to sign my cane! Had to rush the waitress a bit after an hour and 45 minutes to please bring us the bill so we could get upstairs to watch the fireworks.

They had the special fireworks last night. They were so awesome from our balcony on the 12th floor. The best part is that we will get to see them again tonight!!

MK had EMH until 2 am last night, so after the fireworks we headed over to the park to catch some rides.

We are a little bit tired today, but did not plan on any parks today anyway. We have a few local friends going to join us tonight to watch the fireworks.

LOL, If you are on the monorail and see a balcony on the 12th floor with a birthday banner going across it, that is our room! My kid showed up yesterday and we gave her some money and sent her to the MK to get us some balloons to decorate the room with. So the room and balcony is all decked out with birthday stuff.

Oh and we got an odd numbered room so our beds face the castle! I love being in bed at night staring out the window, watching the lights on the castle change!

Happy 4th of July everybody!! Did I mention that the fireworks were awesome..........

FlyingPegasus & qruthie 7/2-12/09, CR CL MK view

Old 07-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #3608
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPegasus View Post

A few notes.

The Contemporary no longer has computers in the room, and there is no wireless internet in the rooms. Only one cable to plug into. My sister spent a while trying ot figure out how to get my laptop to run the internet off of her laptop. I finally called Martydog (our local computer expert friend) and screamed "Help" into the phone. He came right over with a router and 2 cables, and we are both up and running now.

The concierge people don't seem to be as knowledgable as they have in the past. I woke up early yesterday, went out and asked them what time we had to be at Epcot for the dolphin experience, and where were we supposed to go. She said she did not know and they should have told us that when we made the reservation. I just looked at her and said "hmmm, I believe you all made the reservation for us?" Then I appologized and said, "Sorry it is early, I have not had a smoke or a soda yet, but I thought that was what we were paying you to do for us, to know these things." I told her I was going to go have a cigarette, and for her to see if she could figure it out by the time I got back., which she did.

The dolphin experience was great, sorry I don't have a scanner with me or I would scan and post the picture. The only problem we had was with the wheelchair we rented. It did not want to go through the little doorways we had to go through.

Went to Chef Mickey's last night. I brought a white paint pen and got Mickey to sign my cane! Had to rush the waitress a bit after an hour and 45 minutes to please bring us the bill so we could get upstairs to watch the fireworks.

They had the special fireworks last night. They were so awesome from our balcony on the 12th floor. The best part is that we will get to see them again tonight!!

MK had EMH until 2 am last night, so after the fireworks we headed over to the park to catch some rides.

We are a little bit tired today, but did not plan on any parks today anyway. We have a few local friends going to join us tonight to watch the fireworks.

LOL, If you are on the monorail and see a balcony on the 12th floor with a birthday banner going across it, that is our room! My kid showed up yesterday and we gave her some money and sent her to the MK to get us some balloons to decorate the room with. So the room and balcony is all decked out with birthday stuff.

Oh and we got an odd numbered room so our beds face the castle! I love being in bed at night staring out the window, watching the lights on the castle change!

Happy 4th of July everybody!! Did I mention that the fireworks were awesome..........

Thanks!!

So excited! I'll be at the Contemporary in 2 weeks!!!

How's the contempo cafe?

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 07-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #3609
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!

Quote:

A few notes.

Thanks for the update!. I hope your hip is feeling better. So your next thing to do is get off the computer and do something Disney. You can post to the thread when you get home. I am very happy however that you are having a good time. Lois
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Old 07-04-2009, 01:32 PM   #3610
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

pegasus, Wow thanks for talking to us from Disney. You just turn my excitement knob up to supersonic.

How are the crowds.

Hope your hip isn't giving you too much trouble.

How cool to be watching the castle out of your room at night.

Have a great time.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #3611
dolfinjuls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

A few notes.

Wow your view sounds amazing! I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!
1994: 1st Trip @ age 12 off-site, 2000: Senior Trip@ All-Star Sports, August 10-16th 2008 @ Pop! First trip with family!, July 20-30 2009 @ SSR! First trip as DVC members!, Nov 27-Dec 4 2010 @ Pop! 11/4-11/10/11 @ AKV/Pop!, Nov4-8th 2012 at DHHIR On deck: Oct 31-Nov 8 at Pop!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #3612
Amyz00
Now I feel like
Once you are seated, that's it, no more interaction
Pictures and old videos aren't just doing it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2B a Princess View Post
I know some of you have kids who just got out of school in the last couple of weeks. Guess what I did yesterday? Took DD10 and bought her new school clothes, backpack, and lunchbox...school starts for us the first week of August! In fact, we get home from our trip on Sunday, July 26 and my DH (a teacher) goes back to work the next day. *Sigh* So for us, our Disney trip signals the end of summer vacation -- in a very real sense!

Anyway, if you have young DDs and need some cute summer clothes at great prices, Limited Too (now called Justice) is doing a huge sale -- 40% off everything in the store and everything online, including clearance. We bought tons of stuff and got DD10 all outfitted for school....at least until late October/November when it will be time to start wearing long pants/long sleeves.

Picked up a few more pairs of shorts and t-shirts for her to wear to Disney, too. So she is now set.
DD12 and I just hit it the other day! I bought quite a few items for very little. At our Justice, they had a ton of stuff on sale/clearance which made the price even cheaper after the 40% off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
Happy 4th of July to all of you !! May you ALL catch some pixie dust of your own (that is the cutest story EVER)

just a few more days..a few more days! I can hardly believe it.
Happy 4th of July to you also and to everyone else on our July board!!!! Be safe!
ASMuFS - 7/2009

Old 07-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #3613
hpkalika
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Thanks!!

So excited! I'll be at the Contemporary in 2 weeks!!!

How's the contempo cafe?

We will be at the Contemporary in 2 weeks also!
We have the MK view and I can't wait to see the fireworks from the balcony.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #3614
hpkalika
Mouseketeer

Quote:

A few notes.

Glad you are having a good trip.

Are the 12th floor balcony's private?
Old 07-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #3615
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Two weeks from today, we will be at 'Ohana for our "first night at WDW dinner" after a fun day at EPCOT! Can't wait!

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: