Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #16
Anne64
Mouseketeer

Love the piccie of dd in the hat - that's one to save until she's 18

2008 Off-site: I-Drive (never again!)
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
Anne64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #17
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

Wednesday - last day

Once again we had an early breakfast and this time we were at the Park gates at 8.30. We were amongst the first ones there so were right against the gates.
Just before 9.00 along came Mickey in his car, waving to the crowds. A CM came along and, out of the blue, asked Dtr if she would like to go through the gates and meet Mickey. She was through like a shot and then they called me to go with her. We had no idea what was going on. Dtr was taken over to Mickey, who hugged and kissed her and then encouraged her to sound the hooter on his car.

She ‘hooted’ and that was the signal for the Park to open. Dtr was given a huge poster of all the characters, signed by Mickey as her reward for opening the Park.

Unlike the day before, it was a lovely sunny morning and everywhere looked so pretty.

Fantasyland was open and we were allowed in and were able to ride Snow White, Pinocchio and Peter Pan. The children then went on Dumbo and the Tea Cups,

while I decided to hang the expense and phoned Mum back in the UK, to garble excitedly down the phone about how wonderful it all was and how Dtr had opened up the Park with Mickey. I’m not sure she managed to get a word in.
We all went on IASW – twice – ensuring that the song was deeply embedded in our brains for ever. It was only now 10 am and we had done so much more than we expected. Husband literally jumped for joy!

(Excuse the quality of this photo – it was taken from camcorder footage, and I had started filming before taking off the lens cap – it takes a few seconds then for the light to sort itself out. I kept forgetting that, though).
Fortunately BTM was running today, but of course the queues were enormous as it had been shut for 2 days. The other 3 went to queue for it, while I did a bit of shopping. I loved looking at the shops, but the price of things was a bit scary. I bought myself a fridge magnet and some chocolate for our neighbour and for the rest of the time I just browsed.

The others joined me eventually and were full of praise for BTM. We went for an early lunch in the Cowboy Cookout. The woman in front of me was paying on her hotel charge card – and I noticed it was from the Sequoia Lodge. That seemed an amazing luxury to me and I whiled away my time in the queue imagining what it would be like to have the money to stay there. Nice to have a little fantasy.
After lunch we walked round to Discoveryland and looked at Nautilus and then watched Honey I shrunk the Audience which we all loved. There was no queue for Star Tours so the boys went on this and we all got onto the Disneyland Railroad and went on nearly a full trip round, getting out at Fantasyland. It was a lovely way to see more parts of the Park.

We went into the Fantasy Festival Stage to find a troupe of dancers from the UK was performing there, so we sat to watch that. We decided to have one more ride on the ride that had become out favourite – POTC – before getting a good spot for the Princess Parade. We were there nice and early so had a really good view.

Sleepy having a sleep on a guest near us

It was superb and much better than we had imagined.

We went back through Liberty Arcade and made our way to Santa Fe to catch the shuttle bus, which fortunately turned up this time! Dtr was a little tearful as the bus pulled away, unable to believe that it was all over, as it had been such a fantastic out-of-our-normal-world experience. I said all the usual mummy things (holidays are only so special because they don’t happen all the time, it wouldn’t be the same if we lived there or went all the time) but I was really fighting hard not to sit and cry myself! Within minutes of leaving, both children were asleep – so deeply asleep that this photo actually looks posed.

Unfortunately our flight home was delayed by an hour and a half, but at last, just after 11pm we got home. The extra waiting time had given husband and me a chance to talk things over, however. I was now working all day at the school, rather than just afternoons, and if we saved a little each month, we worked out that another trip next February was possible. The wonderful dream was not yet over.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #18
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

sigh - I love reading your trip reports Hildasmuriel - you always write them in a way that I can imagine being right there with you all.

Do you have any others you haven't posted yet ??
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #19
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

We...ell I was thinking of doing 2005.

Thank you for your nice comments.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #20
Pokeypoke
Earning My Ears

What a fantastic trip report and what an honor for your daughter to open the park

Pokey

Disneyland: Jan. 1985 day trip ~ May 1985 offsite Carousel Inn ~ Feb. 1986 offsite Howard Johnson ~ Sep. 1986 Disneyland Hotel ~ Jun. 1987 Holiday Inn ~ Jun. 1988 offsite Best Western ~ Dec. 1988 Disneyland Hotel ~ May 1989 offsite Century City Plaza ~ Jul. 1998 offsite Carousel Inn ~ Feb. 2001 Grand Californian ~ Aug. 2002 offsite Candy Cane Inn ~ Apr. 2003 offsite Candy Cane Inn ~ Jul. 2005 offsite Anaheim Plaza ~ Oct. 2007 Grand Californian

WDW: Oct. 1989 Polynesian Resort ~ Feb. 1993 Caribbean Beach Resort ~ Sep.1996 All Star Music ~ Feb. 2002 All Star Movies

DLRP: ??? 2009 ???
Pokeypoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #21
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

oh wow............... ur trip sounds lovely, i too felt like i was there!!!

love seein how things 'were', and diff parade..... i cant even remember what our first trip was like - it was in 1999 so alot diff, and with being childfree, we spent alot of time imaginin how good it wud be to come with kids thanks so much for sharing & please do another!!!!

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:16 AM   #22
poppie123
Time for the dreaded hair dye me thinks
Crisps is mine, i just love them

What a fantastic trip report I absolutely loved reading it, bring on 2005's
poppie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:43 AM   #23
ukstitch
I'm not sure I'm quite your average, typical male
I think I need to eat some humble pie
I've got a few hours of DIS chatting ahead of me tonight

These were the days... I love the current parade, but I honestly think "Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm" was just that little bit more addictive and catchy .
ukstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #24
Dianetigger
May have to give the corkboard one a try myself!
Well I took the plunge today

Fabulous, off to read about 2005 now .....
Dianetigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #25
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Brilliant - you've inspired me I might do one for our first trip as well although it will be more thoughts and feelings rather than what we did
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #26
PJackson
DIS Veteran

Just catching up on the end of this one too - fabby
DLH 30 Aug - 3 Sept 2009

No trip in planning - well there might be a small one....
PJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:07 PM   #27
Anne64
Mouseketeer

I love the look on your daughter's face with Mickey - she is so happy.

What a lovely trip-report. Thank you for sharing

2008 Off-site: I-Drive (never again!)
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
Anne64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:11 AM   #28
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Ooh I really enjoyed this.

What a lovely memory for your DD ~ opening the park with Mickey!!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #29
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

What a fantastic trip report. Love the parade featuring Steamboat Mickey!

I'm in love with 'Classic' Mickey Mouse!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: