Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #91
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Looks like I will have to post a bit more before I can be able to use Private Messaging - but I will get that information to you!
About how many 'gifts' have generally been needed for the FE participants? We have lots of ideas, but I'm just wondering about volume.
And also, I'm curious about the best night to book Palo. This will be our first cruise, and so we want to take in as much as possible, so we're not keen about missing some of the special events. But how do you know which night to skip?
I posted this question on the main board, and got a wide variety of answers. But for example, one family said they like to miss formal night. So how do they know 90 days in advance which night that will be?
Thanks so much
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:18 AM   #92
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
Looks like I will have to post a bit more before I can be able to use Private Messaging - but I will get that information to you!
About how many 'gifts' have generally been needed for the FE participants? We have lots of ideas, but I'm just wondering about volume.
And also, I'm curious about the best night to book Palo. This will be our first cruise, and so we want to take in as much as possible, so we're not keen about missing some of the special events. But how do you know which night to skip?
I posted this question on the main board, and got a wide variety of answers. But for example, one family said they like to miss formal night. So how do they know 90 days in advance which night that will be?
Thanks so much
the amount of gifts will depend on how many people sign up. I think on our last cruise we had 12, maybe? do you remember, tink? as far as palo - we go for a brunch because we enjoy the dining room dinners and don't want to miss that with our kids....
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #93
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

I note that we'll be travelling on St. Patrick's Day. Do you think it would be likely they would do anything theme-related onboard?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #94
luvugoofy
Saving daily to feed the Mouse

We are on this cruise!!! What started as a 'dummy date' has grown to be a 5-family/7-cabin getaway. We have enjoyed several trips on the Wonder, but this will be our first on the Magic. Looking forward to the extra sea-days to enjoy the ship and unwind.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #95
nosaj72
Earning My Ears

We tried to book this cruise, but all the sudden the only cabins available for a family of 4 is a cat 4, which is a bit too much for our budget. There were Category 10s available yesterday! Do lower category cabins become available again in this situation?

Jason.
nosaj72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:22 AM   #96
shellcruiser
Mouseketeer

Hello to all...

Booked our family of 4 today (yesterday now- its 3:15am). Joining you will be myself, DH, DD-11, and DD-9. We would very much like to participate in the FE exchange. It makes the trips even more fun for all of us. I noticed in some of the early posts t-shirt designs and logos were discussed. Has anything been decided? I'm so excited to start planning. We don't know a room number yet, but I'll PM the rest of our stats.
shellcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #97
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer

5 months next week!!!!!!!!

It looks like we're going to have a good group from all over! I think about the cruise constantly!!!!!There will be 10 of us together, so that should be fun,as long as the 4 kids are happy! I hope they like the kids clubs! We'll just play it by ear...I tend to worry too much and want everything to be perfect for my family, and that's not realistic, I know.
Disney Nana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #98
ranidayz

sorry i've been out of the loop folks - super busy planning a large affair.....however, if people want to start pm'ing me the information, i'll start a spreadsheet.....
Old 10-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #99
EJ'sMom
Earning My Ears

Hi All
If you re planning to stay the night at one of the hotels in PC, when do you book it...considering it is march break??
Thanks!
EJ'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #100
ranidayz

OK everyone - I have started the spread sheet. Please see the very first post for the information that it would be very helpful if you would pm to me. I'll be sending out the first copy in Dec.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #101
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Hi EJ's Mom,
We are going down the Thursday before the cruise -- and are thinking about making our hotel and car rental reservations fairly soon. We want to burn off a few points in a hotel plan we have, and like you, want to be sure there's room at the inn!
Last year my brother and family had their flight snowed out, which meant they couldn't get to Tampa as scheduled for their cruise. They ended taking standby for four people to Ft. Lauderdale, and hiring a driver for $500 cash to take them to Tampa through the night. We sagely say we'll learn from their misfortune!
Cheers
Old 10-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #102
SB's Mom
Lovin' Disney

Our family will be on this cruise! It is our 5th Disney cruise. It is me, my DH and our DD (11).

Disneyland 1979 & 81: Colonial Williamsburg 1995 & 1996: Western Carribean July 1997: Alaska May 2000:
Disney October 2001: Disney Wonder Land/Sea May 2004: St Augustine July 2004: Disney November 2004: Hawaii July/August 2005 -- 10th Wedding Anniversary: WDW & Disney Magic June 2006:Disney Magic March 2007:WDW July 2007: Western Carribean December 2007: Universal June 2008:WDW Nov 2008: Disney Magic April 2009: WDW June 2009: Royal Carribean March 2010: Hawaii June 2010:
SB's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #103
SB's Mom
Lovin' Disney

NurseHoliday. / .Ashley
Where in Alabama are you?

to those questioning the temp of the water. . .the first two March cruise it was warm and nice. . .last year the water seemed a little colder to me.

Disneyland 1979 & 81: Colonial Williamsburg 1995 & 1996: Western Carribean July 1997: Alaska May 2000:
Disney October 2001: Disney Wonder Land/Sea May 2004: St Augustine July 2004: Disney November 2004: Hawaii July/August 2005 -- 10th Wedding Anniversary: WDW & Disney Magic June 2006:Disney Magic March 2007:WDW July 2007: Western Carribean December 2007: Universal June 2008:WDW Nov 2008: Disney Magic April 2009: WDW June 2009: Royal Carribean March 2010: Hawaii June 2010:
Old 10-13-2009, 10:53 PM   #104
SB's Mom
Lovin' Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurseholiday View Post
Hello everyone!
I have a question for anyone who has been to the destinations on our cruise! What is your favorite excursion? We have only been on 1 Disney cruise this past May. (We went to Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Castaway.) Any suggestions on excursions for this cruise?
Swimming with the dolphins was fun on Anguilla. . .however the tender ride there and back was rough!

Our family loves to parasail at Castaway Cay! It's our favorite and we were so disappointed one year when it wasn't available!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #105
shellcruiser
Mouseketeer

I changed our ressies this morning, so we will no longer be cruising with you all. We bumped our cruise up to Jan. due to a conflict with my job, so we will be checking out another cruise thread. Enjoy your spring break at Castaway Cay (my favorite place!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: