Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #346
Page4
Mouseketeer

Just got back home. Was that an awesome cruise or what!!!! Sorry I didn't get in on the meet and gift bag thing. I was overwhelmed with this being my first cruise and didn't want to mess it up. Next time I will be on board...pun intended.
Page4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #347
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Sad it's over

Hi everyone...so sad our cruise is over. I guess we need to look forward an plan another in 2011! We hope everyone received, and enjoyed their FE gifts! We had such a great time. Hope to see you real soon...even if it's just catching up on DIS boards!
The Beal Family :-)

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
19 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #348
tonypitt
Earning My Ears

I can echo Page4's comments. My wife and I didn't do the board meet up or FE, but we had fun overall.

One question for you veterans (this was our first cruise), was the seas/roughness typical? Our table mates indicated that this cruise was smoother than most others they had in the past. The first night we ate in AP, and I was not 100%. After that we seemed to do OK.
tonypitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #349
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypitt View Post
I can echo Page4's comments. My wife and I didn't do the board meet up or FE, but we had fun overall.

One question for you veterans (this was our first cruise), was the seas/roughness typical? Our table mates indicated that this cruise was smoother than most others they had in the past. The first night we ate in AP, and I was not 100%. After that we seemed to do OK.
I found this cruise rockier than my last one (Sept 08), but not as rocky as the first (Jan 07). On the first one, there were days that the dining rooms were half empty! I'm still a bit wobbly tonight. Can't wait to get my land-legs back.

My mom and I had a great time and it was great to have met the group on the first day. It was nice bumping into everyone during the cruise. Can't wait for the next one!

Please share pics on the thread or link to trip reports, if anyone is writing one.

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #350
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Seas

We generally cruise in Dec, Jan, Feb, or March. The seas were so much smoother this time, in my opinion. I was talking with Captain Henry, and he stated that the seas were slight for this entire cruise-an advantage of cruising this time of year. They are rougher in winter months. Crossing the Florida straights (Loop current) is the worst part, and that is on night 1. I use the scapalomine patch, and honestly felt I could have done this cruise without. I never felt any wobble. We hope to be cruising on the Dream in early 2011!

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #351
Page4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post
Hi everyone...so sad our cruise is over. I guess we need to look forward an plan another in 2011! We hope everyone received, and enjoyed their FE gifts! We had such a great time. Hope to see you real soon...even if it's just catching up on DIS boards!
Mrs. Beals, I don't know if you remember but our families actually had a small chat at the elevator on the first night. It turns out you were two doors down. We took your advise and went to the DVC seminar and we won a $300 obc in the raffle!!! My DD's saw your door and when I told them that I didn't get in on the FE thing because I was already overwhelmed, I got a "Daaaaaaad". Hope you had as much fun as we did.
Page4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #352
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page4 View Post
Mrs. Beals, I don't know if you remember but our families actually had a small chat at the elevator on the first night. It turns out you were two doors down. We took your advise and went to the DVC seminar and we won a $300 obc in the raffle!!! My DD's saw your door and when I told them that I didn't get in on the FE thing because I was already overwhelmed, I got a "Daaaaaaad". Hope you had as much fun as we did.
Oooh How exciting! I'm glad a Disboarder won!

Old 08-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #353
Teacher510
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to thank all the FE gift participants for the fun gifts and to apologize for my lack of presentation. My father had unexpected quadruple bypass surgery the Friday before we left. My niece and sister helped me organize the gifts while we waited for the surgery to be over but I didn't have time to include notes, etc. and still get packed. I also want to apologize because I think I missed a room change. I got the note about the one change and think I got it right but I delivered another bag to a deck 6 stateroom but there was no FE so I'm guessing that there was a change I missed. Sorry if I missed someone and another cruiser is probably wondering who left a goody bag on their fish!
My father is recuperating very well and the cruise was a welcome stress break! I hope everyone enjoyed as well!
~Ann Disney Inn 1989-All Star Sports 1994-All Star Music 1995-All Star Movies 2001-Swan 2002-Pop Century 2005-Pop Century 2006-Pop Century 2007-Dolphin/Wonder 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter 2009-Wonder 2010-Coronado Springs 2011-Caribbean Beach 2012
Teacher510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #354
tlynk
DIS Veteran

Thank you to everyone who participated in the FE gift exchange! WOW- there were some pretty creative people involved. On my next cruise- I will definitely need to get my creative juices flowing better and plan way in advance! This was my first FE gift exchange, so I wasn't really sure what to do or expect.

I was a little bummed that I missed the FE meet on the first day, so I didn't get to meet anyone from the Disboards. DH and I decided to use the DCL transportation and the bus arrived at the ship too late. Next time I think we will rent a town car. DH and I had so much fun that we booked our next anniversary cruise while on board. Thanks again everyone! I hope you had a wonderful time.

DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR, POP, BCV) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
tlynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #355
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Pirate Dog!

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Old 08-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #356
phoenixphantom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWQuestie View Post

Oh sooo cute! I never did get pups name.

Glad I got to meet so a bunch of you and lots of other interesting people. One of those people was a man that works at Sorcerer Radio www.srsounds.com. It is an online radio station.

As far as the calm seas, this was my third cruise June, Aug and Aug. All were this calm. I think we were just really lucky!
phoenixphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #357
Teacher510
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWQuestie View Post

That is one super cute puppy!
~Ann Disney Inn 1989-All Star Sports 1994-All Star Music 1995-All Star Movies 2001-Swan 2002-Pop Century 2005-Pop Century 2006-Pop Century 2007-Dolphin/Wonder 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter 2009-Wonder 2010-Coronado Springs 2011-Caribbean Beach 2012
Old 08-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #358
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher510 View Post
I just wanted to thank all the FE gift participants for the fun gifts and to apologize for my lack of presentation. My father had unexpected quadruple bypass surgery the Friday before we left. My niece and sister helped me organize the gifts while we waited for the surgery to be over but I didn't have time to include notes, etc. and still get packed. I also want to apologize because I think I missed a room change. I got the note about the one change and think I got it right but I delivered another bag to a deck 6 stateroom but there was no FE so I'm guessing that there was a change I missed. Sorry if I missed someone and another cruiser is probably wondering who left a goody bag on their fish!
My father is recuperating very well and the cruise was a welcome stress break! I hope everyone enjoyed as well!
Hope your Dad is doing ok. I lost my Mom on June 25th, and her memorial was the week before we sailed. I understand stress! Yesterday I drove my Dad (also fighting cancer) to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa...crossing fingers for a study. I honestly looked over at him and said no stress for 5 days, I'm ready for another cruise already!

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #359
Teacher510
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope your Dad is doing ok. I lost my Mom on June 25th, and her memorial was the week before we sailed. I understand stress! Yesterday I drove my Dad (also fighting cancer) to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa...crossing fingers for a study. I honestly looked over at him and said no stress for 5 days, I'm ready for another cruise already!
Thank you for the good wishes. My dad is doing very well. He mostly needs a few good nights of sleep.
You certainly have a lot on your plate...Sending prayers and pixie dust for your dad and all of you!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #360
Never to old
DIS Veteran

BealsRwe-pillowcase

Quote:
That is a cool pillowcase! How did you make it?
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Never to old is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: