Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #286
phoenixphantom
Mouseketeer
 
phoenixphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 219

just back from ER

So we had a fun filled afternoon at the ER today. My husband was trying to tie up a tree with a bungee cord and it came loose and wacked him on the top of his right hand. The ER said it was not broken, just severely bruised! I just hope they are right. Now I have a DD with a growth plate fracture that is in a splint until after the cruise and a husband that is in a splint for about a week if no fracture. I just had oral surgery and my jaw has been throbbing. I can't wait for this trip to get here!!!! Mickey....Take me away!!
phoenixphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #287
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,858

Oh no! Well think of it this way...it's good to get all of the injuries out of the way before the trip so you will hopefully have an injury free trip!!!
__________________
blossomz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #288
Spoonces
Mouseketeer
 
Spoonces's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page4 View Post
I'm already on a FL resident rate...over $3000 savings!!! It's a cat 9 deluxe ocean view. I'm ok with that I guess. It's our first cruise.
We were already on a Fl Resident Rate also and they let us buy the upgrade, You can upgrade within the rate too.
Spoonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #289
Alex's Mom
Carol SSR~2007 BLT~2008
 
Alex's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 84

Okay so I have not fallen of the face of the planet!! I am so sorry for not responding before now. I have not had access to my computer due to some major remodel issues in our home. I just got a laptop, so I am back in business.
Alex and I are in Stateroom 6644. I hope we are still welcome to be apart of the FE group.

I am really looking forward to seeing all of you on Sunday!!

Carol

Alex's Mom
__________________
Alex's Mom ~ Carol

Carol Alex - DS8
Craig Mitchell - DS16
Annual Pass Holder
Vacation Club Member
Platinum DCL Member




tp://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
Alex's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #290
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran
 
BealsRwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Davenport, FL
Posts: 1,490

Only 1 more week!

Time for the packing to move into full swing mode for us. I am getting so ready for this cruise! It is a much-needed escape from reality and some needed relaxation time.

My Mom's memorial service is tomorrow. She passed away on June 25th from a 19 month battle with Ovarian Cancer. We booked this cruise a few weeks before she passed away, when we had no idea she would be leaving us before we made it to the cruise. I had the wonderful opportunity of taking my mom on her first cruise-a DCL trip on the Wonder in December 2000. At that time, my dad had no desire to cruise. I am so thankful that he changed his mind, and they were able to do 2 cruises to Alaska, a cruise through the Panama Canal, and a 7 night eastern Caribbean with my family on the Disney Magic. She really loved to cruise, and I am so thankful I have been a part of it. My Dad continues his battle with cancer, so this 5 day escape means a 5 day escape from role of caregiver. I am excited to be a mom without all of these cancer distractions, and a wife that isn't stretched to all limits. Instead of Calgon, take me away...it's Disney Wonder, take me away!

I am following my Mom's advice...live life every day. Enjoy your family. Play.

So excited for the FE, and in meeting everyone. This is going to be a great cruise!
__________________

Platinum DCL
17 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #291
phoenixphantom
Mouseketeer
 
phoenixphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post
Time for the packing to move into full swing mode for us. I am getting so ready for this cruise! It is a much-needed escape from reality and some needed relaxation time.

My Mom's memorial service is tomorrow. She passed away on June 25th from a 19 month battle with Ovarian Cancer. We booked this cruise a few weeks before she passed away, when we had no idea she would be leaving us before we made it to the cruise. I had the wonderful opportunity of taking my mom on her first cruise-a DCL trip on the Wonder in December 2000. At that time, my dad had no desire to cruise. I am so thankful that he changed his mind, and they were able to do 2 cruises to Alaska, a cruise through the Panama Canal, and a 7 night eastern Caribbean with my family on the Disney Magic. She really loved to cruise, and I am so thankful I have been a part of it. My Dad continues his battle with cancer, so this 5 day escape means a 5 day escape from role of caregiver. I am excited to be a mom without all of these cancer distractions, and a wife that isn't stretched to all limits. Instead of Calgon, take me away...it's Disney Wonder, take me away!

I am following my Mom's advice...live life every day. Enjoy your family. Play.

So excited for the FE, and in meeting everyone. This is going to be a great cruise!
I am so sorry to hear about your Mom and Dad. I lost my parents in '99 and 2001. I regret that I was never able to take my Mom to Disney, she would have loved it! I always thought there would be more time! I also try to live every day to the fullest and not put off till tomorrow.... I am so grateful to my husband's parents for making all of our Disney adventures through the years possible for my children and I. They are wonderful, caring sharing people. These trips have inspired my oldest to want to become an animator, the middle one wants to perform at Disney and the youngest likes theater class! I would never have been able to provide these opportunities for them!

Enjoy your cruise, remember the special times with your mom and use the time to rejuvenate yourself for the fight ahead!
phoenixphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #292
phoenixphantom
Mouseketeer
 
phoenixphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
Okay so I have not fallen of the face of the planet!! I am so sorry for not responding before now. I have not had access to my computer due to some major remodel issues in our home. I just got a laptop, so I am back in business.
Alex and I are in Stateroom 6644. I hope we are still welcome to be apart of the FE group.

I am really looking forward to seeing all of you on Sunday!!

Carol

Alex's Mom
Carol,

You are still on my list!! Cant wait to meet you and your son! My daughters are so excited for the trip, I bet you guys are too!

Diane STRM 2066
phoenixphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #293
phoenixphantom
Mouseketeer
 
phoenixphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 219

Dismeet

Does anyone have any thoughts on meeting at the Beach Blanket Buffet on deck 9 or Parrot Cay (maybe would be less crowded) for our meet, then we could enjoy food and drinks and hang out. I know my family likes to get on board and have lunch and since we will be arriving at different times, it could get crazy trying to have lunch, attend the meet, decorate the door and do all the other things that need to be done. Just a thought....let me know what you think.

When we were first discussing this, someone posted about a DVC meeting being around 3pm, is that a member meeting or a sales meeting? I looked at a recent navigator for a 5 day double dip and it did not mention anything about DVC meeting.

Diane
phoenixphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #294
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
Updated:
Fish exchange participants:

STATE ROOM NUMBERS & NAMES

2021 John & Teri- adults.
2066 Sam -10. Becca - 14. Diane & Tom - adults
2536 Joe, Andreea, Kirsteena - adults Chelsea- 19
2538 Andy (male) Tina & Joyce - adults
2618 Kayla -6, Peter & Stephanie - adults
5024 Ann, Nancy - adults
5638 Jan (female), Erin (female) - adults
6580 Blossom, Holden and Brandon - Adults
7596 Lisa & Tony - adults, Alex - 7, Andy - 5
7606 Scott & Lynn - adults, Trevor - 9, Dylan - 4
8020 Carol- adult, Alex - 7
8510 Jennifer - adult, Sophia - 9
& Lena-7, Emily - 10
8512 Ann, Melissa - adults, Lauren-13
8550 Vicki, Mary Ellen - adults, Fallon-15, Hunter-9

If your room is located on deck two, please pass out your gifts on day 2(August 4th)
If your room is located on deck five, please pass out your gifts on day 3(August 5th)
If your room is located on deck six, please pass out your gifts on day 4 (August 6th)
If your room is located on deck seven or eight, please pass out your gifts on day 5 (August 7th)


14 staterooms
41 people
27 adults
14 kids Boys: 6. Girls: 8. Counted 19 y o as adult
Looks like this is the final!
On castawayclubdotcom there is a navigator from the June 5 night Key West. It listed a member celebration from 2:30 to I think 3:15 @ studio seas.
__________________

Last edited by blossomz; 07-29-2010 at 12:27 PM.
blossomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #295
tlynk
DIS Veteran
 
tlynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post
Time for the packing to move into full swing mode for us. I am getting so ready for this cruise! It is a much-needed escape from reality and some needed relaxation time.

My Mom's memorial service is tomorrow. She passed away on June 25th from a 19 month battle with Ovarian Cancer. We booked this cruise a few weeks before she passed away, when we had no idea she would be leaving us before we made it to the cruise. I had the wonderful opportunity of taking my mom on her first cruise-a DCL trip on the Wonder in December 2000. At that time, my dad had no desire to cruise. I am so thankful that he changed his mind, and they were able to do 2 cruises to Alaska, a cruise through the Panama Canal, and a 7 night eastern Caribbean with my family on the Disney Magic. She really loved to cruise, and I am so thankful I have been a part of it. My Dad continues his battle with cancer, so this 5 day escape means a 5 day escape from role of caregiver. I am excited to be a mom without all of these cancer distractions, and a wife that isn't stretched to all limits. Instead of Calgon, take me away...it's Disney Wonder, take me away!

I am following my Mom's advice...live life every day. Enjoy your family. Play.

So excited for the FE, and in meeting everyone. This is going to be a great cruise!
I'm sorry to hear about both your parents. I recently lost my dad this past May, and it has been difficult. I hope you have a wonderful well deserved cruise! Hugs to you and your family!
__________________







DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR, POP, BCV) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
tlynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #296
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,858

I too have lost both of my parents. I miss them every day. My dad passed in 2007 and mom in 2009. It is never an easy thing. I cherish the trip I forced on them to WDW in 2004. It was our last family trip.
__________________
blossomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #297
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!
 
LWQuestie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,053

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixphantom View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts on meeting at the Beach Blanket Buffet on deck 9 or Parrot Cay (maybe would be less crowded) for our meet, then we could enjoy food and drinks and hang out. I know my family likes to get on board and have lunch and since we will be arriving at different times, it could get crazy trying to have lunch, attend the meet, decorate the door and do all the other things that need to be done. Just a thought....let me know what you think.

When we were first discussing this, someone posted about a DVC meeting being around 3pm, is that a member meeting or a sales meeting? I looked at a recent navigator for a 5 day double dip and it did not mention anything about DVC meeting.

Diane
My mom and I will be heading to Parrot Cay for lunch upon boarding. We will be getting to the Port early so we can be among the first on the ship, hopefully.

We can meet as a group anywhere at any time, just need a consensus!

The DVC meeting at 2:30 is a Member Celebration.
__________________


LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #298
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,858

I plan on getting there as early as I can too. I just need to stop at the shore excursion desk before heading anywhere else, then I'm thinking we'll hit Parrot Cay too.

Yes, received an invitation in email yesterday about the member celebration. Just curious, how many of us are members? We have been since 2002 and wouldn't trade it for anything!
__________________
blossomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #299
Pixiedustdawn
Mouseketeer
 
Pixiedustdawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 350

We are not members and are waiting to see where everyone is meeting up. Just let us know the date and time what is good for everyone.

I have only done the meets in the past in the promenade lounge. I need to make a note if it is not there as I know I will forget. lol

Can't wait!!
__________________
Pixiedustdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #300
Spoonces
Mouseketeer
 
Spoonces's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixphantom View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts on meeting at the Beach Blanket Buffet on deck 9 or Parrot Cay (maybe would be less crowded) for our meet, then we could enjoy food and drinks and hang out. I know my family likes to get on board and have lunch and since we will be arriving at different times, it could get crazy trying to have lunch, attend the meet, decorate the door and do all the other things that need to be done. Just a thought....let me know what you think.

When we were first discussing this, someone posted about a DVC meeting being around 3pm, is that a member meeting or a sales meeting? I looked at a recent navigator for a 5 day double dip and it did not mention anything about DVC meeting.

Diane
On Debarkation day don't they somewhat control the flow and tables in those 2 restaurants for people boarding and getting lunch? I thought I had heard that somewhere, may be a bit tricky to get an area to ourselves?? We will be on board around noon hopefully so anytime is good for us, we are not DVC members.
Spoonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.