Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #226
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

In just 2 weeks we'll all be together onboard the Disney Wonder! So excited to meet you all.

Peter, Stephanie, & Kayla Beal

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
19 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!

Last edited by BealsRwe; 07-20-2010 at 03:02 PM.
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #227
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Anyone staying in Port Canaveral the night before?

I just reserved a room for us at the Radisson at Port Canaveral that is a cruise getaway package-Room, free parking during the cruise, free breakfast buffett, and free shuttle to the port. We leave just west of WDW (an hour or so from the port), but are looking at this as a way to extend our vacation by a day. Parking for our cruise is included, so it's not really that much more than parking at the terminal. We have never stayed overnight the night before since we live so close. We did add an overnight to a cruise when we sailed out of Miami. Anyone else staying over at the port on Monday night?

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #228
tonypitt
Earning My Ears

In another thread I recently request ****** make me some personalized door tags. I love them. I noticed that he has some generic ones (no people's names) for various cruises. I particularly like the one that lists the sail dates and stops in a Mickey head shape.

Does anyone know if he's done this one or any other generic ones for this cruise?
tonypitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #229
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

14 days and counting!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #230
phoenixphantom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post
I just reserved a room for us at the Radisson at Port Canaveral that is a cruise getaway package-Room, free parking during the cruise, free breakfast buffett, and free shuttle to the port. We leave just west of WDW (an hour or so from the port), but are looking at this as a way to extend our vacation by a day. Parking for our cruise is included, so it's not really that much more than parking at the terminal. We have never stayed overnight the night before since we live so close. We did add an overnight to a cruise when we sailed out of Miami. Anyone else staying over at the port on Monday night?
My DH and DD 18 and I are staying at the Country Inn and Suites $110 for room, breakfast, parking and shuttle. You can't beat that!!
phoenixphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #231
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

I still haven't decided if I want to stay near the airport on Monday night or near the port. I get in around 7pm and my mom arrives around 9pm. I'm planning to start trying to name my own price on Priceline soon.

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #232
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixphantom View Post
My DH and DD 18 and I are staying at the Country Inn and Suites $110 for room, breakfast, parking and shuttle. You can't beat that!!
I read on the Country Inn website shuttle is $4 pp. That would add $24 for us round trip-unless my hubby dropped us with luggage off, drove car back to hotel and caught the shuttle. Your rate includes shuttle and parking? I must check that out.

I have been reading Radisson has had issues with the shuttle at times, and I don't want to be caught up in that.

Decisions, decisions.

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #233
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypitt View Post
In another thread I recently request ****** make me some personalized door tags. I love them. I noticed that he has some generic ones (no people's names) for various cruises. I particularly like the one that lists the sail dates and stops in a Mickey head shape.

Does anyone know if he's done this one or any other generic ones for this cruise?
I saw a Captain Jack Sparrow generic for our cruise for the door with the saying, 'where has all the rum gone?'

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #234
phoenixphantom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I read on the Country Inn website shuttle is $4 pp. That would add $24 for us round trip-unless my hubby dropped us with luggage off, drove car back to hotel and caught the shuttle. Your rate includes shuttle and parking? I must check that out.

I have been reading Radisson has had issues with the shuttle at times, and I don't want to be caught up in that.

Decisions, decisions.
When you go to their website, there is a cruise rate that includes the parking and the shuttle, it was at the bottom of the list of choices.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #235
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just cancelled my res at the Radisson and booked County Inn & Suites. I found a better rate, and with free parking and shuttle, plus free breakfast, we are now staying there. Thanks for the tip :-)

We will either head to Rusty's or Fishlips at the port for dinner that night. Otherwise we will probably be at the pool.

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #236
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When you go to their website, there is a cruise rate that includes the parking and the shuttle, it was at the bottom of the list of choices.
Thanks. I had misread the info...I thought they were charging, when in fact it was advertising the $4 savings per person.

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
Old 07-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #237
phoenixphantom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just cancelled my res at the Radisson and booked County Inn & Suites. I found a better rate, and with free parking and shuttle, plus free breakfast, we are now staying there. Thanks for the tip :-)

We will either head to Rusty's or Fishlips at the port for dinner that night. Otherwise we will probably be at the pool.
Cool!! I was going to do the priceline thing, but I hate to be tied to something you can't cancel. The rest of our group, MIL, FIL, DD's 10 and 14 and SIL will be at old Key west, they take the train down from Pa and we drive.

I have never tried Rusty's or Fishlips, I assume they are good??? the pool sounds good to me too! they will not get to the ship till around 1:30, I would like to board before that but I like to all get on together.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #238
Spoonces
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m123 View Post
We are part of Misseulalie's group-Melissa here- hello all! I was noticing the tally might be wrong regarding kids. I believe it is 6 boys and 8 girls.

Boys-Alex, Alex, Andy, Trevor, Dylan and Hunter

Girls-Lauren, Emily, Sophia, Lena, Kayla, Becca, Sam and Fallon

Is this right??

It is getting to be quite a big group-we can't wait for Aug. 3rd!
M&M, Welcome aboard! I just noticed your signature says MN, I grew up in Edina and my wife hails from So. St. Paul although we both defected to Florida about 17 years ago now to get away from the snow
Spoonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #239
phoenixphantom
Mouseketeer

group name

So no one is creative enough to come up with a name for our group???
DD SAM suggests the "Hidden Mickey's". I'm open to other suggestions.

Maybe something about key west---Parrot heads

Never post with you child looking over your shoulder!!!

Can you tell we are getting excited!!!
:bda y::t igger:
Old 07-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #240
Page4
Mouseketeer

Hmm, after reading here about staying at comfort inn, I might try that. I just live in Jacksonville FL but after the free parking it doesn't cost much more at all to go a day early. I'll have to talk to DW about this!
Page4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: