Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #31
kathymc
Dances in the kitchen
TR connosseur
Misses puppy breath

weve done this a couple of times and its great fun - I am hoping to take DH and my pluto and frame them some how -

mine is much better than his

oh and I am so jealous someone got tink - our teacher said she was too hard!
May 5-12, 2007 POP + OKW Sept 27-Oct 5, 2008 Contemporary December 4-13, 2010 - BCV
March 14-17, 2013 SSPINGS
Next Trip December 7-15, 2013 - BCV
kathymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #32
jwhtewolfd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpenguin View Post
Last time (2 weeks ago) we had a special class and drew Tink!
Wow. What were the circumstances? Did you have a very small class or something? Last class of the night? I'd love to draw Scar, but they said he was too complicated for the class.

Hurricane Pet Preparedness
'88 / '93 CR / '01 / 9-21-08 ASMo / 9-24-09 Pop / 1-19-11 ASMu / 9-24-11 CBR Pirate! / 1-18-12 ASMo / 1-23-13 AoA / 9-23-13 ASMo / 1-17-14 Pop (NAVC) / 1-22-14 ASMu / 3-1-14 CSR
jwhtewolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #33
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

There is no pre-show. The ENTRANCE to the attraction first takes you through a short show entitled Drawn to Animation, where you will learn how disney characters (currently Mushu) are created. Then you can walk into the Animation Station, where there are a variety of activities, including character meet and greets, interactive kiosks, and of course the Animation Academy, which is being talked about on this thread.

The shop is the EXIT of the attraction.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #34
DisDarling
Mouseketeer
I have yet to conquer any of the Mountains, they terrify me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalla View Post
Love it! This is one of my favorite things to do at Disney. Last time I got to hang out with the artists a few times after the classes. Timmy is definetely my favorite, he even drew a picture of Stitch for me :D
Agreed!! Timmy Britt is the Best one there, to bad he works at Disney Quest now.... we asked last month for him and thats what we were told.

Ames
DisDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 PM   #35
DisDarling
Mouseketeer
I have yet to conquer any of the Mountains, they terrify me!!

We have taken this class about 10-15 times total now and we always head to it through the gift shop. It runs every half hour and they artists will evaluate the class, kid to adult ratio in deciding a character. We always ask when we have finished our first class what they "plan" on drawing next and they usually hint to us, depending again on the above factors. We have done Stitch open mouth, Stich closed mouth, Tigger laughing, Daisy, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Pooh, Minnie, Dale, and others I am forgetting.

This is our favorite place to hang out at DHS!

Ames
DisDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 PM   #36
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

I'm hoping somebody can draw Ariel next time we go.
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:47 AM   #37
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on this! We have never done it. My DD15 loves to draw and I think she would really enjoy it!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #38
Yoshi
DIS Veteran

This is one of my favorite non ride attractions in the park. We always try to stop at it at least once a trip but I have noticed once people realize what it is, it fills up fast. Last time I was at the Studios was Christmas Day 2006. The park wasn't that crowded (ToT was a walk on in the middle of the day, Rock N Roller Coaster was a 30 minute wait standby at the same time), but once people started asking why everyone was standing in that area and the CM told them what it was, it filled up and people were asking what time to come back for the next show. You also want to try to make sure you are one of the first in the room so you don't have to use the lap desks and can use a real desk.
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #39
chrysdrew
Part of THAT World

My DH and DD love to do this too. When we were there a few weeks ago, they drew Mickey Mouse. Later in the week at breakfast at Chef Mickey's my DD had the characters sign her drawing. Since we have so many other autographed books, signed tshirts, etc, this was a nice way to have her get autographs in a different way that she was very proud of.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: