Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After > Completed trip reports and planning journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #16
Raspberry Bubbles
I was Cinderella for the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
Jack and I stayed in the yotel @ gatwick last month, was great fun, we had a single bed but it was still fine (albeit snuggly) for the two of us. LOVED the shower!!

Also your doggies are beautful!!
Thanks! My boys are enjoying the compliments!

You had a single bed at the Yotel? Wow! I saw the little compartments with the bunks in, they looked so sweet. I will always stay there before we fly now. I'd find any excuse, it was just so different!
DLP '95 Santa Fe - DLP '01 Sequoia Lodge - DFTW PT 18-24 Feb '08 - WDW POR, WL, POFQ, BW, YC, GF, Poly, WL, BC & AKL DFTW and Disneymoon 5-24 Aug '08 - Disney Wonder 17-21 Aug '08 - DLRP Christmas '08, DLH
Raspberry Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #17
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Yeah, was ace, jsut ask for a lower bunk, we had upper and i had to sleep by the wall as it would have been a long fall and i roll about a lot!! Luckily jack was brave enough to sleep on the edge! Was lovely and snuggly though and the telly is in the little bed snooky with you!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #18
Raspberry Bubbles

Oh, how great! I just loved the snugglyness of the Yotel. I will bunk up next time!
DLP '95 Santa Fe - DLP '01 Sequoia Lodge - DFTW PT 18-24 Feb '08 - WDW POR, WL, POFQ, BW, YC, GF, Poly, WL, BC & AKL DFTW and Disneymoon 5-24 Aug '08 - Disney Wonder 17-21 Aug '08 - DLRP Christmas '08, DLH
Old 10-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #19
Raspberry Bubbles

So, after popping out to eat just outside the hotel door at Wetherspoons and doing a few last minute things like finishing the drinks and beach party menus, we used the remote control to adjust the bed out because originally it's really short so that you can enter the room (so cool)...

....and clambered in, put the "naughty light" on and drank the last of the champagne (which we had drank whilst making the menus), watched some TV and fell asleep with the alarms set for 3am...

Old 10-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #20
Raspberry Bubbles

Day Two: July 31st, 3am

So, our alarms woke us up at 3am and as usual Gavin was much better at waking than I was... Here is his "serial killer" look...

He moved the two feet needed into the bathroom...

and had a shower in the fantastic tropical downpour. The shower gel is some amazing spa mixture and it was so relaxing and yet invigourating. I would have stayed in there all morning, was it not for the fact we were off to AMERICA!!!

After we both showered, we noticed that the wall, which was a huge mirror, had some technology in it that prevented a section over the sink from steaming up!

We changed and headed out to the shuttle train which would take us to our departure gate...
Old 10-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #21
Raspberry Bubbles

We found the train station and waited for 20 minutes for the train to arrive and depart, lugging all our suitcases with us.

Here's the underground connection at Heathrow. I did add a photo of me on the train but took it off as you would have noticed how awful I looked, even more so than the day before and to add insult to that you would also have observed the ENORMOUS scar on my forehead left by my eyebrow waxing a couple of days earlier. I had a bad reaction and as a consequence was left looking like a unicorn.

...finally we arrived at Terminal 4!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #22
Raspberry Bubbles

Day Two Continued...

So we checked in and got through the horrid crowds at 5am, having panicked because United Airlines were trying to pay people $1000 to take a different flight. I was so scared we would be bumped. Anyway, we got on and even got an upgrade to Premium Economy, by an exit so we had sooooo much legroom!

I love flying. I love take-off and landing best of all, but I love flying. Flying means holidays!

We had breakfast and we could not stop laughing as these pancakes were NASTY. Hard and nasty and we kept snickering about hoping they were better in Florida...

The view was perfect and blue..

We watched "Fool's Gold" and I was in heaven. On my way to get married!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #23
Raspberry Bubbles

Then we arrived! (after a switch in Washington Dulles which was uneventful and slightly stressful and we won't bother with that) So, when we got to our final destination airport, as we'd been in February for our planning trip we knew where to go, so we breezed through security and got on the shuttle...

We found the Disney Sign in record time!

and I checked us in! They congratulated us and we grinned all the way to the coach. I love the system there, it's all go. Person to person to person to coach, then you're off. It's so efficient!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #24
Raspberry Bubbles

The coach was a Disney Cruise Line bus which made us smile all the more because we were so looking forward to our upcoming cruise!

We took a photo of the regular buses through the window. We were grinning like cheshire cats!

We watched the little promotional video and then we saw it ~ the sign!!! It always feels like coming home.

Then we were on Disney property and off to Port Orleans French Quarter for our first night!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #25
Raspberry Bubbles

Port Orleans French Quarter

The bus dropped us at the French Quarter and we checked in and made our way to the room…

We took some pictures as soon as we arrived before we destroyed the room unpacking and rearranging….

The view from the balcony…

Old 10-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #26
Raspberry Bubbles

We were at POFQ for the night and had just arrived. We had reservations that night at the California Grill because I thought Gavin would love that, on top of the Contemporary with a fantastic view. We only had one problem though ~ our luggage hadn't arrived and Gavin was in shorts still. I called POFQ reception and they confirmed that the dress code was formal and no shorts and so we contemplated what to do...whilst I made my hair style even worse.

We eventually decided to go for a walk and get some lunch. Close by of course, was Sassagoula Floatworks! We stopped to visit some reptilian friends on the way I loooove reptiles and these guys were the reason I chose POFQ over POR...

We strolled along and spotted even more little reptiles! We go crazy when we see these little fellas as we can't get over the fact there are little lizards actually living around there in bushes. I can't explain it ~ but I would LOVE to live in an area with reptiles roaming freely

...we arrived at Sassagoula. I had a taco salad! Still looking like a unicorn, of course, still looking awful.

I love this place, it's so larger-than-life and cheery!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #27
Raspberry Bubbles

California Grill

We wandered back to the room after lunch and decided that we would in all probability end up eating in the hotel room. I could tell Gavin was upset because he really wanted to go to the California Grill but I tried to make light of it, until our cases arrived!

We got showered and changed quickly and headed out to the CG, on the bus and then the Monorail. Gavin LOVES the monorail, I have no idea why. As you will see in our wedding photos, he cannot get enough of them...

Upon arriving in the lobby, we made our way to the reservations desk to gain access to the lift! At the top of the lift we got out and were directed to the bar after collecting our buzzer. We sat in the seated area and gazed out of the window for a few minutes.

The view is just so amazing and so clear from those windows. It felt so magical and close, and I felt overjoyed inside that the rest of the month I would be spending in this amazing place with the people I loved the most (aside from my furkids at home).

We were seated quickly and Gavin and I were really rather annoyed to find that there were SO MANY people in shorts and t-shirts, sandals and flip flops up there! Why is it always one rule for one and one for another? I know Disney does not like to upset people but Gavin and I were prepared not to go because we would have been contravening the dress code, yet there were people here who clearly didn't care. I don't mean to sound harsh, but why have a dress code if it isn't enforced. I would have been so upset if we had missed our reservation because of our lack of trousers for Gav and then found out all these other people were here in their beachwear.

Anyway, I digress...

We were offered drinks and I noticed Pelligrino was on the menu (if you're a die-hard Father of the Bride fan, you'll remember Howard Weinstein..."Pelligrino, espresso, champagne...?" So Gavin found it amusing that I wanted just that.

We were seated right next to the "grill" and we watched the chefs working furiously whilst we contemplated the menu.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #28
Raspberry Bubbles

California Grill Continued...

So our first dish we ordered was sushi. We were so looking forward to this because the only other sushi we have had was with my Japanese teacher who came to our house and made it for us and it was delicious, and then we had the shop-bought stuff which I only ever buy in vegetarian form as I just would not trust the freshness of the fish. So, we ordered and waited...

My face looks rather odd there at that angle and you can clearly see my unicorn horn. Anyway......Oh my! The food was melt-in-the-mouth delicious. Just fabulous. There were lots of tiny wasabi-infused caviar scattered over it and we literally devoured it. I had the biggest smile over my face the whole time ~ I was in the California Grill! I reflected so much because I could not believe we were finally here and I wanted to never forget a moment of it.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #29
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

I HATE Dress Code rule breakers!! I'm sure you saw lots more of it on the cruise ship!! It's so annoying! If you won't enforce the rules, DON'T MAKE THEM!!!

Glad you liked CG and I'm very glad you got your luggage in time!

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #30
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Great update! I love all the pictures! And I'm so glad it worked out for you to go to California Grill.

Although I must say about this one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberry Bubbles View Post
After we both showered, we noticed that the wall, which was a huge mirror, had some technology in it that prevented a section over the sink from steaming up!

...It's a good thing only part of the mirror was prevented from steaming up, or we'd all get an eyeful of Gavin with his kit off!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: