Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

Dribble Monkeys 1st Trip to DLRP - Trip Conclusion

Dribble Monkeys 1st Trip to DLRP

5th-10th October 2008

Trip Conclusion

We had an amazing holiday full of highs and highers. I loved seeing Kacee's face on the rides such as IASW and POTC and we thoroughly enjoyed watching Kacee running through Alice's Labrynth.

The Dream passes worked amazingly for us, not only were they only 10 euros dearer than the normal park tickets (would have been cheaper if the moron hadn't forgotten the discount vouchers!) and we saved so much money (Over 80 euros on just merchandise that we bought in the park)

We have some amazing memories and some wonderful photos of our trip. We have lots of things to treasure too. I came back with two Mickey Mouse t-shirts, a hoody, a Pirate Mickey Mouse teddy that Kacee bought me and a classic Mickey teddy and 2008 pin badge from my beautiful wife. Kacee came home with 3 t-shirts, a coat, a jumper, 3 teddies, 2 cars and a t-shirt and trouser set. Ellie came back with an Eyeore teddy and a Minnie Mouse t-shirt from Kacee and I, a Halloween pin badge, a DLRP t-shirt that she bought and a new handbag.

We'd love to go again as soon as possible however I think that we will have to wait until our new arrival comes in February 2009.

I hope that you have enjoyed reading about our trip and hope that everyone who is going soon has as wonderful time as we did.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

What a lovely trip report and I am amazed at how quickly the posts emerged on here! Do you think you will stay on site the next time?
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
cap'njack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
What a lovely trip report and I am amazed at how quickly the posts emerged on here! Do you think you will stay on site the next time?
Thanks, I think we are going to stay at the Cheyenne next time. The Shack was ok but I was glad that we were only really sleeping there, there was a family from England there who were on site nearly all week and they looked so miserable. If we could get the campsite at the same price I'd stay there again however I'd never pay the £300-400 per week that they want!!
Old 10-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Hopefully the new arrival will love Mouse and all the gang just as much! You've got to get 'em while they're young though, so I bet you'll be back before you know it!

Loved your TR!

Bob xoxoxox
Old 10-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
Dianetigger
May have to give the corkboard one a try myself!
Well I took the plunge today

Many thanks for taking the time to do a wonderful trip report with equally fabulous pictures of your family - all the very best for your new arrival in February.
Dianetigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:55 AM   #6
cap'njack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post
Hopefully the new arrival will love Mouse and all the gang just as much! You've got to get 'em while they're young though, so I bet you'll be back before you know it!

Loved your TR!

Bob xoxoxox
Oh we definatly will do. Planning to go just after new baby comes to be honest so that the wifey can go on the thrill rides.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:00 AM   #7
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

thank u so much for ur reports - can i admit that i cried seeing kacees face with mickey mouse????

sounds like such a fab time, and i totally recommend cheyenne for staying in lol do u know if no 2 is a boy/girl?? both my boys love the theming at cheyenne!!

loved all ur pictures, and u must have done them very well as my youngest got all excited seeing them, and for the first time attempted to say mickey, minnie, goofy!!! so that has made my day too!!

must admit, seein all these halloween pics is def makin me think of a halloween trip next year!!

so glad u had a fab time, and i didnt see kacees bump at all - doesnt it make u see the park diff when u take ur child??? the look on their faces, and uve got sum fab pics there, am sure kacee will remember some of that holiday!!!!!!

thank u again

(oh, n tell ellie she is lookin blooming in pregnancy and hope shes managing well with it!)

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:03 AM   #8
karenmoloney
DIS Veteran

Thanks for a great trip report & photos. I am very impressed at how quickly you got it all posted & all the work that went into it. I'm glad you had a great time & that Kacee did too. I am going in 5 days & can only hope that my DD2 (22 mths) will be the same! I admire your stamina, getting up so early every morning to make the most of EMH - don't think I'll be as organised! I hope you get to make good use of your APs & good luck with the new baby.

Day trip Sept 1999 / 4 nights Disneyland Hotel Sept 2004 / 2 nights Holiday Inn March 2005 / 5 nights Holiday Inn Nov 2005 / 3 nights Holiday Inn March 2006 / 7 nights Pierre & Vacances July 2006 / 3 nights Sequoia Lodge Nov 2006 / 6 nights Newport Bay Resort Suite Jun 2007 / 3 nights Kyriad Nov 2007 / 1 night Sequoia Lodge Dec 2007 (no kids) / 6 nights Marriott May 2008 / 2 nights Santa Fe Aug 2008 / 6 nights Marriott Oct 2008 / 3 nights Disneyland Hotel Jan 2009 (my 40th) / 7 nights May 2009 Marriott / 2 nights August 2009 Hotel L'Elysee Val D'Europe / 5 nights Nov 2009 Marriott / 6 nights Marriott May 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Feb 2011 / 4 nights Adagio May 2011 / 9 nights Marriott Aug 2011 / 5 nights Marriott Nov 2011 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2012 / 3 nights Adajio Oct 2012 / 5 nights Marriott Dec 2012

karenmoloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:53 PM   #9
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for sharing your trip and the time with your wonderful family

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #10
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for sharing your trip & memories with us. I hae really enjoyed reading about it

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #11
Rachie B
I do love it too, but I hold on for dear life

aww what FAB reports and piccies

my god you were organised and you got to see every character i think

love the pics of your little boy,he is lush!

sorry you didnt enjoy the campsite,but was just a bed right ? know what you mean about not paying the full price though !

we have done a french site twice for DLRP,with the sun holidays ,but would never pay the full price ( even though the site was lovely,the mobile home was fffrrrrreeeeezing in oct 2006!)

xx
Aug 2008 - 4 days - Adagio Aparthotel
Dec 2008 - 2 days - Explorers
Oct 2009 - Daytrip - Berny Riviere
Oct 2010 - 2 days - Le Chene Gris
Feb 2011 - Daytrip (using the SUN hoppers) Adagio Aparthotel
March 2012 - Daytrip (using SUN hoppers )The Kyriad

in planning : October 2012 using the Sky free tickets

Rachie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #12
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I've really enjoyed reading your reports, looking forward to the next ones!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: