Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

Dribble Monkeys 1st Trip to DLRP - Day One

Dribble Monkeys 1st Trip to DLRP

5th-10th October 2008

Day 1 - Sunday 5th October 2008

The day started rising at 6am, packing up the last bits of the car before waking up Kacee to get him ready, by 8am and dead on time we were pulling away from our house and starting the 45 minute journey to Dover. With that compleated and check in sorted out it was straight on the ferry for the 2 hour crossing to Dunkerque. The weather was terrible and the crossing was rather bad, Ellie was sick twice and Kacee fell over and hit his head on a table leaving him with a rather nice bump on the head which stayed for the rest of the trip and can be seen in a few pictures.

The journey from Dunkerque to DLRP took just over three hours and was very uneventfull, tolls were 13.60 euro because of the time of day for anyone who is interested. Just before arriving at DLRP we saw a very bad car accident that had only just happened, a 4 car pile up on the motorway. Really makes you think and kinda brought us down from our DLRP high, I can only hope that everyone walked away from that crash with no major injuries however the severity of the crash leaves me thinking otherwise.

We arrived at the hotel Santa Fe just before 5pm,

just as I parked the car three coach loads of people turned up so I grabbed my passport and check in details and ran to beat them, luckily I did and we were checked in within 5 minutes and of to DLRP to buy our Dream Annual Passes. This is where we encountered our first problem, the moron in charge of bringing all paperwork (me) had forgotten to pack the DLRP stuff so we had left our sponsorship form at home along with the vouchers for King Ludwigs that Bob had very kindly sent to us!

Arrived at Guest Relations to buy our AP's after a lovely walk through the Village,

I must say it really has improved over the last 4 years and we were rather happy with the recent improvements made. We bought our AP's without any fuss and the CM spoke perfect English which was a reflief. Into the park and the entrance really is very impressive after 4 years without seeing it, down to the AP Office without stopping to sort out the proper AP's. As we were waiting for our turn to get the AP's created I heard those magic word's 'The Disney Express is coming' and grabbed Kacee and ran outside to be greeted by the Disney Express and who did it have on it....Eyeore!!

Well Kacee was waving like crazy to him and saying 'Daddy, Daddy Eyeore' poor little Monkey was so confused but loved every second of it!

AP's finally sorted and it was on to IASW for Kacee's first ever ride at Disneyland Paris,

well excited didn't quite cover it, he loved every second of the ride and was to become a firm favorate for the holiday. Kacee named the ride 'Croc' because of the topairy Crocodile at the exit to the ride and also because of the noise the clock made. Next it was on to POTC, which Kacee cried the whole way round, I think that tiredness and excitement started to get the beter of him. Off of POTC and on to the Disneyland Railroad at Main Street

for one whole go around the park before exiting the park into the Villiage for a McDonalds dinner as no-one felt like any sort of sit down meal. Browsed the shops for a bit and made a mental note of an Eyeore teddy for the wife and a hoody for myself and then it was the long walk back to the very comfy but desperatly in need of a lick of paint Santa Fe hotel for bedtime.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Yeahy!! Loving all the details! More please
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Oh no! You forgot the vouchers we sent you!!

Sounds like a good start!

Bob xoxoxox
Old 10-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
cap'njack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post
Oh no! You forgot the vouchers we sent you!!

Sounds like a good start!

Bob xoxoxox
I know...I was so annoyed with myself. I got that annoyed by it I almost let it spoil that first evening there. I'll offer them on here to anyone going soon so that they don't go to waste
Old 10-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
Dianetigger
May have to give the corkboard one a try myself!
Well I took the plunge today

|Now why did I start with Day two and end with Day one? Anyhow, lovely start to your holiday apart from Kacee's bump and your wife being sick.
Dianetigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Great start, although a shame about the forgotten sponsor forms

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
BRobson
Beavers is a dangerous place to be
I will just have to enjoy Food and Wine and skip the running

Poor Kacee banging his head Soem lovely photos

BRobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:42 AM   #8
cap'njack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
Great start, although a shame about the forgotten sponsor forms
I'm such a muppet. At least it wasn't anything more important

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRobson View Post
Poor Kacee banging his head Soem lovely photos
Thanks. Kacee was ok with it, I was more annoyed at the little girl of about 10 who kept chasing him round the ferry which is why he fell over!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:48 AM   #9
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Great start to your trip apart from Kacee's bump and your wife being ill.

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #10
PJackson
DIS Veteran

Aww bless Kacee bumping his head! Glad it wasn't too bad. Lucky you catching the 'Express' on the first day!
DLH 30 Aug - 3 Sept 2009

No trip in planning - well there might be a small one....
PJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #11
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Great start, hope Kacee didn't suffer too much with the bump on his head

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:06 PM   #12
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Great first day apart from poor Kacee and Ellie
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: