Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #31
Gecko1
Gecko1, DW, DD13, DS11

Hey! I know that image of hook breaking through! Glad to see a new use for it. Very nice.

08NOV08 7 Night Disney Magic - Hurricane Paloma Reroute Cruise

Old 10-25-2008, 12:38 AM   #32
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky1 View Post
I saved that one because I thought they were so unique - here's the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1774643&page=6 (it's Post#83).

They are beautiful!!

Cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Gal View Post
No kidding! Those are awesome, Timon!

Thanks for the compliments I am cruising again in exactly one year today with mostly the same people so I need to up the ante this time but still make it less bulky
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #33
DisneyCruisin
Mouseketeer

These homemade ideas are great. I LOVE the luggage tags and the personalized water bottles!
Old 10-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #34
alexandmaddie
DIS Veteran

Wow, I love all the beautiful handmade gifts! Very creative!!

Krista
Old 10-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #35
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Gal View Post
Awe....that's so cute of your DS!! Thanks for sharing that story.

I JUST started feeling like I was really really getting better on Thursday. I know I had something coming on right before the cruise, then I think I got what so many others from our group seemed to have gotten on top of that. It really did stink and put a huge hamper on my social time.

Okay...you didn't even take a picture of this masterpiece!?!?!! I know you didn't want to see another file folder or piece of ribbon after making so many, but you need a pic! With that said, I'm not going to reduce the size of these so you can save them for yourself. Besides, everyone should see the details of this "purse scrapbook"! You really outdid yourself, and I'm glad I didn't have to fall over or even kill to get one!

This is what Jen gave us 2 weeks ago, and indeed it is amazing! It may or may not be similar to what you saw before, but it serves the same function!

There are inserts that are pulled out by the ribbon that slide down the inside of the scrapbook. So you can put pics on the main accordian piece and journal or add more photos to the inserts! I have seen something similiar to this done at a Stampin' Up! party, but this goes above what I've seen! A LOT of labor of love went into these!

WOW!!! Absolutely AWESOME!!!

And to all the snoops on my cruise next weekend....you'll just have to wait until Thursday Nov 6th when I hand 'em out!! I'll give you a clue, though- I need one more piece for them that I can only buy in WDW, and they require bubble wrap-
Old 10-26-2008, 09:26 AM   #36
Mom2PrincessesLinSy
DIS Veteran

EL, you are such a tease!!!!!!

Multiple Disney Trips (both Pre-EPCOT and Post-EPCOT) as a child Wedding at WDW Wedding Pavillion/GF 10/99 Disneyland: 4 trips Disney World: 10 trips Disney Magic: 6 sailings Disney Wonder: 2 sailings WE ARE ALMOST PLATINUM!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #37
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

Dearest Ellen:

That is so not nice

I gotta finish my scrapbook stuff this week.

Dh was SHOCKED to see how much the FE bags weighed.

Hopefully someone on our EDC can post pix of the FE gifts. I am SO techno challenged that I won't be the one to post pix.

wuv tigger
Old 10-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #38
Smiley22
Earning My Ears

We were on the cruise with Brucechase....the water bottles were awesome.
I made post-it note holders made out of acrylic picture frames. I used a picture of the Wonder and put the date of the cruise. I have not figured out how to post a picture yet but when I do you can see my handywork. I loved the creativity of all the little surprises and cant wait to join my next cruise meet thread. We booked on board but may have to tweek the dates a little.

[link='http://www.mickeypath.com/']
[img noborder]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1255762738.jpg[/img]
[/link]
Old 10-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #39
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney
Long time amateur photographer
I never tire of the elevator one

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucechase View Post
Had to wait until our return but I custom made water bottles with each person's name and the sailing date. The hardest part was getting on 3 small cases of water. I should post this is the thread of "why do you have to bring water onboard, can't you drink the ship's water".

As much as I hate to carry too much stuff I would have printed the labels, preglued them and bought the water onboard to put the labels on!

A day without Mickey is.... what's the point?

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
Old 10-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #40
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney
Long time amateur photographer
I never tire of the elevator one

For our last two cruises I bought acrylic photo key chains and printed "our" logo on photo paper to put into them.

I need to come up with something new for our January 3rd cruise so I am subscribing to this thread. Let's see more ideas!

A day without Mickey is.... what's the point?

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
Old 10-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #41
brucechase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley22 View Post
I made post-it note holders made out of acrylic picture frames. I used a picture of the Wonder and put the date of the cruise. I have not figured out how to post a picture yet but when I do you can see my handywork. I loved the creativity of all the little surprises and cant wait to join my next cruise meet thread. We booked on board but may have to tweek the dates a little.

I wondered who made those. This was a really great idea. Here is a picture of it.

I wanted to take it to work and my wife wants it here, guess it stays here.

Last edited by brucechase; 10-26-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #42
brucechase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack View Post
As much as I hate to carry too much stuff I would have printed the labels, preglued them and bought the water onboard to put the labels on!
I thought about it but did it this way for the following reasons:
One, with 36 bottles, it would have been much more money than I wanted to spend. Two, you have to know exactly what size label you want since there are so many different sizes on different manufacturers of water bottles. Three, I bought waterproof adhesive labels and printed the picture on them. It took about 1 hour to peel off the old labels and put on the new for all 36. That would have taken too much time in the room. I stuck these in a seperate suitcase with all the other FE gifts. That gave me the chance to have an empty suitcase to bring some stuff home in. Unfortunately, I filled that one up too - too many konk koolers on Castaway Cay. I did tell the porter that there was water in the suitcase if he wanted me to carry it on and he said not to worry about it and took it.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #43
Dale-n-Chip
Obsessive Vacation Planner Spontaneity is not in my genetic makeup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley22 View Post
I made post-it note holders made out of acrylic picture frames. I used a picture of the Wonder and put the date of the cruise.
I'm looking at the photo and can't figure out how it all works. Can you give a girl a hint? How did you make a post-it note holder out of an acrylic picture frame?

I'm sure it's obvious once you explain it. . . but I'm missing the crafty gene.

mk

Chip Dale
Old 10-26-2008, 09:03 PM   #44
sandiegosusie
DIS Veteran

WOW! I love this stuff...keep it coming!

DCLWonder 2003
DCL Wonder 2007
DCL Magic 2009
DCL Dream 2013
DL annual passholders...too many trips to count.
WL 2003
CSR 2007
POR 2008
POFQ 2009
CR 2011
Old 10-26-2008, 09:03 PM   #45
Smiley22
Earning My Ears

Use an 4 x 6 easel type acrylic frame from any WalMart etc. The easel part of the frame becomes the top of the frame when sitting on the table.(the base when on its side raises the frame) Use any picture that you want and wrap a ribbon around the middle to slip the post-it notes on. You can decorate the frame as much or little as you like. I used a picture of the Wonder and personalized with the cruise date and put that on a metallic scrapbook cardstock. I hope this is easy to follow. I was proud of how they turned out. I just like something different and these were very simple. I just need to make one for myself now. If you need any pictures of different angles I can email them to you. I havent taken the time to learn how to post pictures on this site.

[link='http://www.mickeypath.com/']
[img noborder]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1255762738.jpg[/img]
[/link]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: