Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:02 AM   #16
alleluia5
Is that the cruise ship horn I hear??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Gal View Post

This is what Jen gave us 2 weeks ago, and indeed it is amazing! It may or may not be similar to what you saw before, but it serves the same function!

There are inserts that are pulled out by the ribbon that slide down the inside of the scrapbook. So you can put pics on the main accordian piece and journal or add more photos to the inserts! I have seen something similiar to this done at a Stampin' Up! party, but this goes above what I've seen! A LOT of labor of love went into these!

I just want to second my thanks - this was one of my favorite gifts I have shown it to so many folks and they have been so amazed that someone on a cruise gave that to us! It will truly be treasured for years to come!

And Kimberly, thank you for sharing how you did that highlighter. I fell in love with it the minute I saw it and had no idea how you had done it....now I may have to borrow that idea for future cruises

Proud DVC Member since 2006 8 Cruises so far - and too many trips to WDW to count
Old 10-13-2008, 04:47 AM   #17
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

Nope, not happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2PrincessesLinSy View Post
Damn, Just when I was starting to feel proud about my homemade FE gifts...

Come on El, and WuvTIgger, a sneak peek won't hurt!!!
That would require me to take a pix. Then download it. Then learn to post it on the boards. Naaaw, that's too much learning this close to the cruise.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2008, 04:48 AM   #18
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

Talking But, someone who is more talented on our cruise can post pix I'm sure

I am almost finished with our FE survival bags.

I got some really neat stuff. I will share 1 thing that I put in there:
Old 10-13-2008, 05:24 AM   #19
aiken4mickey
DIS Veteran

What a great thread! I love seeing how creative people are! I'm creating for my December cruise...I hate to post in advance..as I want the gifts to be surprises...but, will for sure share afterwards........
Old 10-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #20
Selket
Yes I AM being whiney about not getting a postcard!
I will measure, nest, lift and squeeze

I wondered who did the beaded highlighter and sticky note pad! Maybe I or one of the kids pulled off a tag you had put on it before I noticed. I really enjoyed both and used the highlighter throughout the cruise. Still using it!

That scrapbook was just awesome - that was a lot of work. It would take me a year to put something like that together for so many people - there were over 50 of us doing the FE!

I enjoyed all the gifts and it was an excellent mix of handmade and store bought things. I swear my 6 year old's favorite toy the whole cruise were some plastic vampire teeth that someone put in one of the bags - LOL!
Universal: HRH, 2010
Old 10-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #21
Scrappingjen
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting the pics and for the wonderful complements. I am glad they were apreciated.

Yeah it will be a while before I make another file folder album for anything. But I have over 300 pictures to scrapbook so the paper and ribbon is still all over my craft room

It was worth all the hours worth of work my kids loved getting presents all week long.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:20 PM   #22
Buckeye Gal
Beach Girl Deep in the Land

Does anyone else have some talent to share?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #23
outlander
I AM keeping my fingers crossed
But oysters are so ugly and pearls are so pretty

These are such great projects! Thanks for sharing everyone! I am eagerly looking forward to more.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #24
Miscoehill
Mouseketeer

I've also made a homemade for our FE exchange, but you'll have to wait for a pic. We leave in two weeks!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #25
Buckeye Gal

I'm so anxious to see what some of you still have under the cover!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #26
brucechase
DIS Veteran

Had to wait until our return but I custom made water bottles with each person's name and the sailing date. The hardest part was getting on 3 small cases of water. I should post this is the thread of "why do you have to bring water onboard, can't you drink the ship's water".

Old 10-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #27
Buckeye Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucechase View Post
Had to wait until our return but I custom made water bottles with each person's name and the sailing date.....
VERY cool idea!!! That would indeed be a surprise!
Old 10-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #28
binky1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy327 View Post
I saw a thread once, where this lady had made these increadable scrapbooks for everyone in her FE group!! That post was amazing. I tried to find it but was unsucessful. IF anyone knows of this be sure to post it again in here. So worth looking. I would have fallen over to get something like that for a gift. As far as our next cruise, I know I am going to up the anti on what I bring as gifts. I felt like I brought little piddly stuff!
I saved that one because I thought they were so unique - here's the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1774643&page=6 (it's Post#83).

They are beautiful!!

Cheers,
10/1998 Disneyland, California - Before Kids, 04/2005 Disney & POFQ - 1DD & 1 on the way, 01/27/07 7 Day Western - Totally Wicked!!, Christmas Break 2007 - Disney & Off-site with the whole famn damily!!, 11/14/09 - 7 Day Double Dip
Old 10-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #29
Buckeye Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky1 View Post
I saved that one because I thought they were so unique - here's the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1774643&page=6 (it's Post#83).

They are beautiful!!

Cheers,
No kidding! Those are awesome, Timon!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #30
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

I designed & ordered custom luggage tags as one of the gifts I gave for our FE's. It was a lot of fun. I found this pic somewhere online (orig. in color) and I turned it to B & W and then added Mickey in his Captains uniform. Several of us were doing back-to-back cruises but there were also a couple of families that were only doing the 4 n cruise...so I customized the dates:

I also bought a box of business card magnets at Staples and designed & printed frig magnets for our DIS group. (It's REALLY hard to find, but I put a Hidden Mickey in it too!)

I don't have pics of the other gifts I got, but there was some really cool stuff. Others in our group gave lanyards, ordered custom labeled candy bars, custom printed M & M's, custom notepads...someone else also made frig magnets...ummm let's see...someone painted picture frames... We got SO many cool gifts!

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: