Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2008, 07:56 AM   #121
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

Im off to find a dictionary ,

..........to define" patient"........
Old 10-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #122
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberGreenawalt View Post
Sniffle, sniffle. I am balling like a baby! That was one of the most incredible things I have EVER seen. Amazing! Wow! I can't wait to hear more about the trip!
I know...I used a box of kleenex myself! MAW took the pictures. Aren't they AMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalana View Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was AMAZING!!!!!!!! I don't even know what more to say... That was just incredible!!!!! SO looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!
I hope to have another installment up today or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMWC View Post
Ok, count me onto the tears train! That is totally amazing, and Lauren and all the wish kids out there deserve every second like this that comes their way!! I can;t wait to read more about your trip
Yes, I agree. Every wish trip has something special that happens to the wish child...or at least most of them. On TOP of the fact that they get to go to Disney World for a week!!! This was definitely a magical moment for Lauren and her family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
That rainbow was just awesome! How great to do that for Lauren's flight! I love that she is old enough to appreciate how special all this is!

Umm, on that note, we leave saturday for DL, so I sure hope you type FASTER! I cannot wait that long to hear about all the fun!
Uh...well...I doubt I will be done by Saturday... but, I will keep working on it! I am barely done with the first half of a day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2lilnick View Post
That is truely spectacular! That is sooo special! I am in tears here too!
They are a very special family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeDisneyer View Post
Thank you so much to you and Lauren for touching my heart. You are truely special people.
Aww...don't mind me! I am just a spectator on this trip! Lauren is the star...and her family was the cast, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklamomof4boys View Post
The rainbow is just the coolest thing ever!!!! What a special thing to have! I am really enjoying your trip report. I can 't wait to hear more.

Carol
You guys are going to have a wonderful trip, too! Each trip has something special that just HAPPENS...no planning...just a magical moment. I can't wait to read about yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex271 View Post
that was so cool that they made a rainbow for her. She looks so happy and her hair and make-up look so good. I can't wait to hear more.

becca
Yea, it is funny, most of the time when she talks about that day she mentions how good she looked before anything else. She is all teenager! The rainbow was perfect for her! She is a light to everyone around her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshannon View Post
Wow! Just WOW! Amazing!
Agreed!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #123
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

So, I'm crying already, seeing how beautiful Lauren is. And, I mean that inside and out. Her personality really shines through in the pictures! THEN! I get to the part about the party and her name on the cake, and I have to get my kleenex, THEN you post pictures of the RAINBOW!!! Oh my goodness! I am glad no one else is home, because I am just literally sobbing like a little baby! How beautiuful and wonderful!!!

Thank you Mary for taking us along on your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Sorry, that was kinda long! And the short version!! If you want a longer version, let me know! !

I want a longer version!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #124
jillalvarez2003
Mouseketeer

Beautiful and touching!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #125
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Wow! It took me a while to pull myself back together after reading your update! What a wonderful surprise from MAW!!! And Lauren looks so beautiful and happy...she's absolutley beaming!

Alison
Old 10-16-2008, 08:11 AM   #126
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
So, I'm crying already, seeing how beautiful Lauren is. And, I mean that inside and out. Her personality really shines through in the pictures! THEN! I get to the part about the party and her name on the cake, and I have to get my kleenex, THEN you post pictures of the RAINBOW!!! Oh my goodness! I am glad no one else is home, because I am just literally sobbing like a little baby! How beautiuful and wonderful!!!

Thank you Mary for taking us along on your trip!

I want a longer version!
You are so sweet!! I am glad no one else was home. We really appreciate you...all you did to help organize the Big Give! We certainly have enjoyed all of the gifts and the effort that was put in to make them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillalvarez2003 View Post
Beautiful and touching!
Thank you! They are a beautiful family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmum View Post
Wow! It took me a while to pull myself back together after reading your update! What a wonderful surprise from MAW!!! And Lauren looks so beautiful and happy...she's absolutley beaming!

Alison
I know!! I was so excited when I heard about it. It seems like each child has that special moment that just happens! With no planning on our part. Those are the moments that are so fun to watch!!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #127
maroo
DIS Veteran

Short Update!

Ok guys!

I PROMISE that I will put an update up tonight. I was helping Lauren last night and she is trying to get caught up from missing school for the trip...so we are helping her write so she can finish up faster! But, my next installment is ready to go on my computer...so I should be able to post it tonight!

Thank you for all of your kind words of encouragement for us! This trip was a trip and I can't wait to share the rest with you! I can't believe we are hardly through day ONE! What a wonderful trip.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #128
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

HOW did I miss this? OMG- talk about cliff hangers. Rotten that y'all were ill, but so glad it got better again afterwards! Maroo, you ROCK!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #129
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

OH MY Goodness! I am SO crying I can't see the screen. How WONDERFUL!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #130
Katy Belle
DIS Veteran

Wow! I can't wait to read the rest! That rainbow is unbelievable!!!!!!!

Katy
Old 10-16-2008, 07:34 PM   #131
maroo
DIS Veteran

Give Kids the WORLD!!

Most Make A Wish kids get to stay at Give Kids the World. Give Kids the World is such a wonderful place that I have decided to include a whole installment JUST about GKTW…so, no pictures of us…just some details (but no MAJOR surprises) about Give Kids the World.

One of the many gifts that we received while at GKTW was a book about Henri Landwirth. Stay with me here…Henri created GKTW. Which I guess anyone with a heart for kids could do…but Henri is special. His heart came out of LOTS of pain. He survived the Holocaust, both of his parents were killed and he survived unimaginable things…and out of this pain came a man that created such a WONDERFUL place for these kids.

GKTW is mostly run by volunteers. They have volunteers that do everything from landscaping to party planning. Lots of people have full time volunteer jobs at GKTW.

Here are some highlights…

You have the Castle of Miracles. This is complete with a carousel that is wheelchair friendly , lots of activities inside and a place to meet special characters (Mickey Mouse himself has even been known to make an appearance!!)

An Ice Cream shop with FREE ice cream…all day long …(and sandwiches, if you like that kind of thing)…

And a play area any kid would love…

with Putt Putt (the coolest one I have ever seen, by the way)...

…an arcade…pool table…boats you can drive…and a train.

And The Gingerbread House…where you get breakfast and dinner…every day… for FREE. Did I mention that ALL OF THIS STUFF is FREE!

And each family stays in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa that easily sleeps 5 people...it has a kitchen and everything!

This place is very “Disneyish”…and what I mean by that? It is just so magical. The decorations and construction are so detailed. And there are surprises behind every corner.

I mean…who could not LOVE a place that has chocolate covered strawberries as decorations.

Anyway…more about this when I tell you all about OUR visit to GKTW!! It’s coming….I promise!! You don’t want to miss it! Stay tuned!

But First....
What HAS Maroo been going ALL this time??

Last edited by maroo; 10-18-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #132
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

wow that rainbow is the tops
Old 10-16-2008, 07:53 PM   #133
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
OH MY Goodness! I am SO crying I can't see the screen. How WONDERFUL!
Hey Linda! I know...I did FINALLY stop crying!! It is SOOOOO cool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy Belle View Post
Wow! I can't wait to read the rest! That rainbow is unbelievable!!!!!!!

Katy
Seriously! It was wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
wow that rainbow is the tops
Well said!!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #134
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
You are so sweet!! I am glad no one else was home. We really appreciate you...all you did to help organize the Big Give! We certainly have enjoyed all of the gifts and the effort that was put in to make them!
I had the fun part! I love hosting the Give families!!!

I was hoping for more updates before I had to go to bed!

Thanks for the tour of GKTW!!! It looks amazing!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #135
MickeyReeds
Mouseketeer

Very cool report! It is wonderful that people in today's world do little things to make someone's day very special--that rainbow was awesome! Looking forward to reading more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: