Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2008, 09:50 AM   #31
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Hi!!! just found this and love it!!! You guys are going to have so much fun!

YAY for lucnh at CRT!!!!!

Thanks, we are SOOO excited!! 23 more days!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #32
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanyann View Post
I am sooooo ExCiTeD to meet someone that is going to be there the same time we are.

We still dont have our itenerary. The call we got last week from Wisconsin MAW office said that our granter would meet with us 2 weeks befor we leave to give us everything we need. Did you have to ask for MNSSH tickets or did they just set it up? If they dont, Im going to get them. My oldest 19 and my 14 yr old are dressing up as the blues brothers and my youngest son is going to be a prince. (if I ever get the costume done)

We are going to have to figure out something to do together so we can meet. Funny thing is we were supposed to go 5th through 11th but there was a flight change and this was the next best thing. We are not going on wish flight.. wasnt even offered. Matter of fact we are going to have to leave our house by 3am to make our flight at 7:20.

Did I mention how excited I am you guys are going at the same time!!!!!!

YAY ALL OF US
Hi there! I can't wait to meet you guys! Since we arrive on the same day, hopefully we will get to see you at GKTW. I know that we are supposed to arrive around 1:00 on Friday and go to GKTW until dinner time. Then we have orientation and head to the Contemporary. So we will be at GKTW most of that day. Hopefully we can meet up!

I am sooo excited!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #33
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

I am so glad I was directed over here! What a sweet family and wonderful trip you'll will have. Seems as if you are part of their family, which makes it even better that you can go along!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 09-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #34
maroo
DIS Veteran

so sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
I am so glad I was directed over here! What a sweet family and wonderful trip you'll will have. Seems as if you are part of their family, which makes it even better that you can go along!
You are so sweet! I definitely feel like I am a part of their family. We are going to have a blast!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:15 PM   #35
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Hey!! THE BIG GIVE!! Thank you so much for blessing Lauren and her family. (They are the BEST!)

You guys are AWESOME! I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for Lauren and her family. I appreciate you guys more than you know!

I want to join the BIG GIVE after our trip...I want to make jewelry for you guys. But, I can't join yet...I would cheat and read our thread! (Isn't that horrible! )

So...for now...I am just going to have to read the trip reports and contribute that way.

Thanks a MILLION!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:03 AM   #36
HeatherSue

We'd love to have you help out with the big give after the trip! It's always great to have more volunteers! My sister (teresajoy) found your TR and she said she wanted to squeeze you guys in because you just seemed so sweet!

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and tell you I'm reading and I'm excited for your trip!

Old 09-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #37
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
We'd love to have you help out with the big give after the trip! It's always great to have more volunteers! My sister (teresajoy) found your TR and she said she wanted to squeeze you guys in because you just seemed so sweet!

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and tell you I'm reading and I'm excited for your trip!
I am so glad you found the TR! We are SOOO excited! Less than 3 weeks and I will be on the road.

You guys are awesome to do this for Lauren and her family. They are awesome and really need this trip. Sweet Lauren is at home doing homework as I type this. She is so conscientious (I am sure I spelled THAT wrong), working hard to make great grades. Her little brother puts up with a lot. And her parents are awesome.

I am starting to look for jewelry ideas. I would love to make stuff for the Big Give. Do you know if they named it after the Oprah Big Give? Just curious.

I am actually leaving town for the weekend...but I will be checking back on Sunday night.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #38
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
I am so glad you found the TR! We are SOOO excited! Less than 3 weeks and I will be on the road.

You guys are awesome to do this for Lauren and her family. They are awesome and really need this trip. Sweet Lauren is at home doing homework as I type this. She is so conscientious (I am sure I spelled THAT wrong), working hard to make great grades. Her little brother puts up with a lot. And her parents are awesome.

I am starting to look for jewelry ideas. I would love to make stuff for the Big Give. Do you know if they named it after the Oprah Big Give? Just curious.

I am actually leaving town for the weekend...but I will be checking back on Sunday night.

Yep, it is after Oprah's Big Give. Beth, AKA: MouseTriper, was inspired by the Oprah Big Give. She had read about our fellow Diser, Alicia, AKsunshine, who's little boy Levi, was killed in a car accident just a week after their return from Disney. They were planning another trip with their daughter, Isabelle, and Beth wanted to make it extra special for them. So she asked the Disboutiquers if we would like to make things for Isabelle. That went so well that Heather and I wanted to keep it going, so Heather posted on the Disboutique thread suggesting we keep doing this for other Disboard families. It was suggested we do MAW families, and there you go!

We are really excited that you want to join too!! We are always looking for new recruits!!! We need all sorts of craty folks to help out. So, if anyone is worried to join because they can't sew, that's ok!!

Last edited by teresajoy; 09-14-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #39
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
Yep, it is after Oprah's Big Give. Beth, AKA: MouseTriper, was inspired by the Oprah Big Give. She had read about our fellow Diser, Alicia, AKsunshine, who's little boy Levi, was killed in a car accident just a week after their return from Disney. They were planning another trip with their daughter, Isabelle, and Beth wanted to make it extra special for them. So she asked the Disboutiquers if we would like to make things for Isabelle. That went so well that Heather and I wanted to keep it going, so Heather posted on the Disboutique thread suggesting we keep doing this for other Disboard families. It was suggested we do MAW families, and there you go!

We are really excited that you want to join too!! We are always looking for new recruits!!! We need all sorts of craty folks to help out. So, if anyone is worried to join because they can't sew, that's ok!!
Wow... I read AKsunshines story after I saw this post. That was so sad! I cried! Thank you so much for sharing that with me...anyone else reading this.

I can't wait to see what The Big Give has in store for the Compere family!

AND...We only have 16 days before we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (can you tell i am a little excited!)
Old 09-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #40
maroo
DIS Veteran

Sorry...no pictures yet...but an update!

What's Up guys!! Can I just say......... 12 days till our trip!!! WOO HOO!!

I have noted a flaw in our plan...You see, all of you guys doing TRs actually live with the kids going on the trip...so when you get packages, etc... you are there to see the kids open them...well...not so with me. I am at Lauren's a couple of evenings a week and sometimes on Saturdays. So, u will have to bear with me on pictures!

Update..for one, we got the shirts we ordered from Zazzle in the mail on Thursday night. (Yes, I did take pictures...but, with Lauren's camera...and Lauren's camera does not like my computer. So...I will have to get pictures this week when I go back to her house.) We did love the shirts. In fact, William , who was not wild about the idea of ordering shirts at all...begged to wear his to school on Friday! His mom , being the nice person she is, said yes! And I missed it! I didn't even see him in it, much less take a picture. Oh well. I promise, I will post a picture soon!

We have gotten some fun postcards from "The Fairy Godmother"... and we are not quite sure who that is. But we were glad to get some mail.

We also... (drumroll please)...got our first package from the DisBoutiquers. How much fun! We got shirts and loved them. ** Thank you, Jessica! ** Again...pictures to come, I promise!!

Anyway...we are getting so excited!

More to come....
Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 AM   #41
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Hey! I came over after reading your PM. You guys are going soon! It's going to be nice staying at the Contemporary right there. I'm glad they put you guys in the middle of the action. The kids will love the monorail going through the building! I agree, driving the chair down is the best thing to do. That way she has her van and al right there. She is going to love BBB too. I can't wait to see which dress she chooses.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #42
bex271
Mouseketeer

I saw on another thread that you only have 9 more day I'm so excited for y'all.

becca
Old 09-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #43
maroo
DIS Veteran

The Big Give, Part One

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you - Disboutiquers! You guys are awesome. For those of you that may not know, Lauren's family was selected by the DISBoutiquers to be part of The Big Give. We have received several packages already and have been floored by all of the stuff you guys have made and sent. Here are some pics, as promised! Everytime I think I am going to post these, they get new stuff ...so this is Part One...as a little birdie has told me some more stuff is on its way...

For the past several days Lauren has looked like this...

Because her family is getting cool gifts, like these clothes...

William has done his share of opening cool stuff...

William and Lauren are excited about the colored pencils. William could not believe that all of you guys knew that he loved Lightning McQueen!

William wanted to take his new pillowcase to school with him this morning to show his friends...(how cool is that!)

But Lauren was even more excited...when she saw hers, she totally freaked out
and told her parents she wants to redecorate her WHOLE ROOM to match it! (uh oh!)

We have particularly enjoyed the notes and pictures included in our packages, like this one...

We have been overwhelmed with all of the gifts that we have recieved! You guys are so kind and thoughtful to do this for us. William, who is 9, asked if we were going to get to help the "next family" going to Disney on a trip. He said it would probably be "around Christmas" and wants to send the next family some stuff! (Is he not the coolest 9-year-old ever!)

Anyway...you guys have gone above and beyond...and on very short notice! Thank you so much! And I will post another Big Give Update when I am back at their house again (which may be closer to the trip). You guys are the best!! Thanks soooo much!!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #44
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

What fun! Lauren looked so sweet! I wish that we would have made William a few more things! Boys always think they are too old for stuff but then like it!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 09-25-2008, 07:04 AM   #45
HeatherSue

Thank you for posting the pictures, you really made my day!!

Tessa was thrilled to see the picture she colored. But, she wants to know what happened to the other 1/2 of Piglet!

I love to see the kids faces! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I hope you have a magical trip and I can't wait to see what else you get!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: