Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #31
paula34
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Cyrano;28157610]Dogmatix is his name

Enjoyed your further installments [/QUOTE?]

thanks for that, I saw so annoyed I couldn't remeber on holiday as I read all the books when i was young, I told shannon and the dog is now called tix lol
paula34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:21 PM   #32
paula34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianetigger View Post
Lovely pictures and I didn't realise there was a zoo in Paris!! Learn something new every day! Many thanks for another great report.
It isn't even that far from the disney area as well, was a pleasant day out
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #33
paula34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenmoloney View Post
Sorry to hear you didn't get too much out of Parc Asterix. I love the photo of Shannon in the stocks.
I would go back if we were to get there in the summer, on a weekday when the french are all working lol
Old 10-15-2008, 08:51 AM   #34
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

OMG!! I was thinking that it was going to be that someone got slightly injured or was ill on the trip. I was not expecting that!

I hope that you are all ok and I personally think that you have done the right thing. Once something happens to detroy trust, especially where children are involved then that seems the right time to end it before it gets worse.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #35
NULAH
Mouseketeer

Great detailed trip report. I think you handled the 'situation' perfectly, allowing the children to enjoy the remainder of the holiday so they would not always associate DLRP with what happened. Well done you, you should be very proud of yourself as a mother.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #36
paula34
Mouseketeer

Thank you all so much for your kind responses to what happened, I so appreciate it and believe it or not it is giving me so much strength, I still was feeling I should have left immediatly, but I truely know I made the right chioces now I have been working tonight, but will hopefully ge the next chapter up tonight, this day had the for me best disney magic of the entire trip and got me right back in the groove of being silly and foolish, as I had been a bit quiet and withdrawn after paris. Hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed it myself
Old 10-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #37
paula34
Mouseketeer

Day 5

Today we planned to go to the big cat park or le parc de des Felines. No really early rise this morning, was 8.20 before we were roused, but yet again we were in no big hurry as it was only 15 mins away by train.
I went down to reception while everyone was getting ready as I wanted them to try and get me a reservation for dinner later which was a surprise for all, so you too will have to wait lol
We headed for brekkie, made a few rolls for lunch again, and headed off, no delays at all this morning (I cannot recommended the rer and metro for travel enough so easy to get around) A short taxi trip at the end destination and we were there. It cost 12 euro for the three adults and 7 for Shannon (anyone over 10 is a adult) and it was worth the money.
I loved this place nice enclosure, with space, and hiding places for the cats…so if you will be bothered about not seeing every animal don’t go, it is designed to help the cat’s have privacy for the breeding programme.
There are lots of different types of big cats and it was divided into, European, American, Asian and African. We saw Snow leopards (my fave) Tigers (Emma’s fave) lions, leopard, lynx, ocelot, caracal (I remember doing an endangered species study at school and this beautiful cat was on it first time I have seen one) puma and a host of wildcat.
I’m sorry there are no pics of this place, I have taken picture, but they are on my old film camera which I was using up, and I still have 5 pics to go.
We had a nice picnic here, and again had lovely weather for the day, although not as hot as the day before (as all the crispy round the edges people were glad for)
I was being badgered silly to tell where we were going for dinner tonight, but I was keeping it zipped and the kids were getting annoyed with me lol.
We headed back about half four, and back to the room to get everyone ready for out booking, which I had made for half six.
We left the hotel again at 6.10 and headed for downtown Disney, where I led them to Café Mickey, now I was fairly dancing with anticipation as I knew it was a character meal…no one else had a clue!!!! ( I have never been to a character meal before even though I have done Disney a lot before so I was probably the most excited at the table lol) We were seated up stairs and our drinks order taken, and just as I was being asked what I had been so secret about and what the big deal was who walked in…….GOOFY woohoooo….now everyone gets what special lol, the food wasn’t anything to write home about tbh but the interaction is worth every penny, Minnie helped me pick my dinner, king john was naughty and tried to steal the money on the table for the bill, this cracked me up. Mickey danced with Emma; captain hook was a right charmer kissing all the ladies hands, and for some reason none of the characters could leave Shannon’s hair alone, goofy was rubbing it and making it stand up with static (have this on film somewhere) we also saw friar tuck and gepeto, and a guy from the hunchback film ( I saw him a bit and I still have no idea as I haven’t seen the film) I really wanted to see pooh bear, as the queue everyday to see him was massive and Shannon would never have had the patience, but no pooh bear. Rafiki appeared just as we were leaving (we have en excuse to go back though lol) All in all this dinner brought back the Disney magic totally for me. Watching Shannon interacting with the characters, brought a lump to my throat, and Emma lost all her teenage cool and loved it as well. I would defiantly do this again. Maybe next time the princess one will be good.

king john and shannon

hugs for minnie

emmer and minnie

mickey

captain hook boo hissss

goofy

I cuddled the main mouse

i forgot pluto

behind you (this is the guy I didn't know)

next up...the rest is all disney
Old 10-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #38
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Shame about the food at Cafe Mickey since we enjoyed it so much we did it twice

Frollo is the character

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #39
karenmoloney
DIS Veteran

Glad you had such a great day. Lovely photos.

Day trip Sept 1999 / 4 nights Disneyland Hotel Sept 2004 / 2 nights Holiday Inn March 2005 / 5 nights Holiday Inn Nov 2005 / 3 nights Holiday Inn March 2006 / 7 nights Pierre & Vacances July 2006 / 3 nights Sequoia Lodge Nov 2006 / 6 nights Newport Bay Resort Suite Jun 2007 / 3 nights Kyriad Nov 2007 / 1 night Sequoia Lodge Dec 2007 (no kids) / 6 nights Marriott May 2008 / 2 nights Santa Fe Aug 2008 / 6 nights Marriott Oct 2008 / 3 nights Disneyland Hotel Jan 2009 (my 40th) / 7 nights May 2009 Marriott / 2 nights August 2009 Hotel L'Elysee Val D'Europe / 5 nights Nov 2009 Marriott / 6 nights Marriott May 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Feb 2011 / 4 nights Adagio May 2011 / 9 nights Marriott Aug 2011 / 5 nights Marriott Nov 2011 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2012 / 3 nights Adajio Oct 2012 / 5 nights Marriott Dec 2012

karenmoloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:20 AM   #40
paula34
Mouseketeer

Now reverse a little to day 3, we had originally planned to go back to Paris today, but I wasn’t going to take Shannon, the journey in and changes just hype her up too much and after day 2 no chance! I thought I would take her to sea world instead. But on looking at the financial position I suggest another day at Disney, all we really had spent so far was money to eat. So a vote was taken and it was unanimous, we would have another day in the parks (this worked out the best way anyway)
Today I didn’t have breakfast (does anyone else find they can get sick of eating on holiday lol) I had a mocha in the room and got the tickets at reception, so when they phoned me I was all ready to go. Down the lift, and right in time for a bus, we found them a lot quieter now the weekend had passed and a lot of the crowds seemed to have dispersed, so we got to sit down on the bus for the first time YAY.
We were doing the studio’s today with the more “grown up” rides today, and we were all looking forward to them. We had no particular plans on what we were going to do as I know this is a smaller park and just took it as we went (I know gasp, shock, horror) First stop was the Agrabah carpets (best to get the are we going on rides out of the way immediately lol) It was cute and Shannon liked being the “driver”, past crush, which was already at 30 mins wait, so we did cars after about a 15 minute wait (one of the sections was shut so was moving slowly) Shannon enjoyed it, and I got chatting to another scot in the queue and found out that Orkney seemed to have had the best summer in the country!!)

going in

Now Shannon was happy for a bit we headed for bigger fish, and went to the studio tram tour. I explained to Shannon it might be scary but that she was wedged between Emma and me so we would keep her safe (It is always better to try and let her know what is happening she does not react well to change or surprises, so being away from her routing can be a challenge) She loved it!!! Wanted to go again lol, so we did, after dropping the others at TOT…..I have absolutely no ambitions to do this ride anytime in my lifetime, so taking Shannon was a good reason/excuse not to go lol.
Emma loved this ride, I lost count of how many times she did it over the last 2 days, but she always said that the first guy they had was the best, very dry and sarcastic.

TOT

From here it was time for the stunt show, so we went and got seated, this show is really good, I thought an hour might be too much but it flew past I thoroughly recommend it. We got out of here quite quickly and 5 mins for RNRC , this is my absolute favourite ride at Disney, I love areosmith and coaster awesome ride. Me and ady went first, then I rode with Emma, Shannon got a certificate while she was waiting which I thought was nice, telling her to come back when she was bigger, she was a bit of a handful apparently as she couldn’t see where I was. That was me happy everyone can do what they like from now on I have done my ride. We head back to the main gates for lunch, and have fast food there. Just across from there I spot a shop doing photos where they inlay your pic into a character scene, so I took Shannon in, she wanted wall-e and no amount of pleading or cajoling would make her have the princesses (she is going to be a tomboy like her mum was) but the picture is nice and she loves it so that’s all that really matters.
After this we spot stitch live so head for this, it is so funny and we got lucky as Shannon got to speak to stitch, and ady was the escaped convict lol all in all was probably my favourite thing in both the parks (sorry aerosmith!!!) and Shannon never stopped talking about it, and now stitch is her favourite as opposed to wall-e. I went shopping for a bit now and spent some cash on things to take home and a pressie for Emma, as she had been such a help with Shannon over the holiday (I got her a pink and grey Tinkerbelle t shirt and it’s never off her back now lol) after that we were wandering around and we met sully, so we got a pic, Shannon was excited to see him as well she loves monsters inc. We also met remmy and mr incredible.

remy

sully

Mr Incredible

We met back up with the others and went on Armageddon, this was not a success, one terrified girl left the building, I quickly whipped her back into stitch and this restored Disney calm. We headed for out and remembered crush, so headed for this the wait now was 20 minutes so we joined the queue and I passed the time by chatting to the nice couple behind us (I can make friends anywhere lol) time to get on and Shannon rode with me. At this point I would like to say that the restrictions on here are not enough, taller and older please people. Shannon is tall for her age so got through no bother and watching the clips they were showing in the hotels it didn’t look that bad…oh dear we came to nemo and she was all excited then chunk chuck chunk….are we going uphill…oh yes a BIG hill, I wasn’t that concerned as POTC has a similar climb for the drop involved. But this was a big drop and fast and spinning. Needless to say she cried and screamed the whole way from there, and I felt like the worst mother in the world, I have no idea what this ride was like I was too busy with her lol.

i managed to get this photo outside

We left here and I quickly took her back to carpets, just to get her back in the saddle as such.
We went to MacDonald’s for dinner, and left ady at the sports bar while we shopped some more, then back to the hotel to bed

Next up
Day 7 park hopping
Old 10-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #41
Rachie B
I do love it too, but I hold on for dear life

loving your reports and pics

sorry to hear what happened though

Emmer and Shannon are gorgeous and take lovely pics

OMG what photo inlay thingy with wall e ?!!!! my son would LOVE this ?! where was it ?
wall e is his fave

x
Aug 2008 - 4 days - Adagio Aparthotel
Dec 2008 - 2 days - Explorers
Oct 2009 - Daytrip - Berny Riviere
Oct 2010 - 2 days - Le Chene Gris
Feb 2011 - Daytrip (using the SUN hoppers) Adagio Aparthotel
March 2012 - Daytrip (using SUN hoppers )The Kyriad

in planning : October 2012 using the Sky free tickets

Rachie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #42
paula34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie B View Post
loving your reports and pics

sorry to hear what happened though

Emmer and Shannon are gorgeous and take lovely pics

OMG what photo inlay thingy with wall e ?!!!! my son would LOVE this ?! where was it ?
wall e is his fave

x
it's inside disney studio 1, if you are going into it from the outside it is very near the entrance on the left hand side...they have pictures and things in the window and it has a computer screen showing you the person doing the work, they have tons of different scenes you can go in....ill try to scan and resize mine so you can see what it's like
Old 10-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #43
Rachie B
I do love it too, but I hold on for dear life

thank you so much

it sounds fab,will definitely be looking out for it in December

xx
Aug 2008 - 4 days - Adagio Aparthotel
Dec 2008 - 2 days - Explorers
Oct 2009 - Daytrip - Berny Riviere
Oct 2010 - 2 days - Le Chene Gris
Feb 2011 - Daytrip (using the SUN hoppers) Adagio Aparthotel
March 2012 - Daytrip (using SUN hoppers )The Kyriad

in planning : October 2012 using the Sky free tickets

Rachie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #44
paula34
Mouseketeer

this is what the pic looks like

Old 10-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #45
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

The troops have done this photo in the Studios the last 2 years. First was Ratatouillie and this year Lilo and Stitch. They are in my photo link below under Official photos

Your experience with Crush was similar to many children

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: