Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #1
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

The characters and coasters trip - day 2

The cast -
me (40) DLRP daft
DD (7) apprentice DLRP daft
Dsis (39) 2nd trip to DLRP
Dbil (39) 2nd trip to DLRP
Dnephew (11) 2nd trip to DLRP
Dniece (8) 3rd trip to DLRP

Day 2 - Tuesday 7th October.

After a great sleep, Goofy woke us up, and we were all up, out and ready to go by 7.15am. We had Cafe Mickey breakfast booked for 7.30, Dsis had taken her family there 2 years ago and really enjoyed it, so we thought that would be ideal for our character meal this trip.
We arrived just after 7.30, got seated, and loaded up our plates at the buffet. Now, I'm guessing that you are expected to hang around in Cafe Mickey for a good hour plus to see the characters at breakfast time, as no characters at all came out until 8.10, and then there were only 3 of them. As we wanted to get in some EMH time as well, and we had all finished eating (and I'd had 2 cups of coffee) we left after Mickey, Prince John and Friar Tuck had met us. They were fun, but I couldn't help feel a little disappointed in our choice of character meal. After all, our breakfast was already included in the price we paid for our hotel rooms, so we paid £60 extra for a hot breakfast option, and 10 minutes with 3 characters. Ah well, I'll know for next time .

By 8.25, we had joined the ghosts for a family photo

and then were in Fantasyland, where we did Peter Pan twice, Dumbo, Teacups, Carousel and Pinocchio. DD, Dniece and Dnephew made a concentrated effort at becoming royalty

but didn't quite manage it.

Today we were going to concentrate on the Studios, so at about 9.35 we left the Park and walked to the Studios, where Studio one was already open, and the queue for Crush was already ginormous . We checked all through the day, and until well into the afternoon, the queue time was showing 50 to 60 minutes.

We got some drinks, then went into the first English showing of Stitch Live. It wasn't busy - we were counting down the numbers on the gate outside and it was still at around 100 when we got into the main theatre (it holds 200 maximum). Although there were plenty of seats, we were directed to a particular row . Sure enough, Dbil ended up being Crazy Steve from Scotland . He loved it, as did all our group, and even though there weren't many folk in there, everyone really got into the interaction, jumping up and down and shouting to help Stitch get on his way .

After all that excitement, we did the Tram Tour, then the coaster fiends did RnR (Dniece absolutely loved this ride). We also fitted in Cinemagique, Animagique, and the Flying Carpets twice, as well as chasing some characters around - Lilo, Stitch, Clarice, Chip n Dale before their toon train appearances - and Pinnocchio, Tigger, Mr Smee and Friar Tuck outside Animagique. We saw Cruella a couple of times too, stalking about near the Place des Stars. We stopped for lunch at around 2, from the En Coulisse. It wasn't that great, but it filled the gap.

After lunch, at just around 3pm, us girlies headed back to the main park to watch the parades again, while Dbil and Dnephew stayed in the studios to do ToT, RnR and the Moteurs show. As we were leaving the studios however, we found the Duck family (Donald, Daisy and Scrooge) milling around in front of Studio One, so we got more pics and autographs. Dsis was dead chuffed to see Donald, and we'd never got close enough to Scrooge to get an autograph either, so that was a bonus!

In the Park, we staked out our Parade spot near IASW, and while Dsis kept our place, I took the girls on IASW again. Loved both parades again, and it really is much quieter up at this part of the parade route.

A lovely addition to the main OUAD parade every day we were there, was that the last Princess float wasn't being used at all, and so all the Princesses and their Princes (apart from Ariel and Jasmine) walked the entire parade route, interacting with the crowds. Much better IMHO, as they did spend lots of time talking to and hugging etc the little princess fans in the audience . I got some great photos too, as when they dance, all the Princesses and Princes dance in the same area.

After the Princesses, and Parade, had passed us, we raced down through Adventureland and the arcade near Plaza Gardens, and caught the whole parade again !!

We then went back to the Studios, found the guys, and went on Cars again. Then everyone but me (as I'm a coaster chicken ) decided to queue for Crush, as it was now showing a 30-minute wait. I got myself a coffee and chilled near ToT, and within 35 minutes, the guys had done Crush. I asked DD if she'd liked it, and she said No - she'd kept her eyes shut all the way through it ! Heaving a hugh sigh of relief that I don't have to become a coaster fiend, Dsis and her lot went off to do RnR again, while DD and I went browsing for our souvenirs. We also found bellboy Goofy -

By 6.30, we had done everything we wanted to do in the Studios, and so we decided to head for the Village and do our last bits of shopping in the huge store there. It started to rain as we got there, so after we'd treated ourselves in the shops, we went to Billy Bobs, where we had an 8pm reservation. They were happy to seat us early, and again, we had a very good value buffet meal there with our half board plus vouchers. They also had the "floating island" dessert there, so I just had to try it .

By 9.30, we were back in the NBC, in our rooms, where we all chilled for a bit before heading to bed around 10pm. We could have a bit of a lie-in tomorrow too (ie getting up at 7.30 instead of 6.30 ).

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun

Last edited by DLPdaft; 10-11-2008 at 08:56 AM.
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Shame about your breakfast, although confirms what we have always thought

Sounds like you achieved a whole lot today

Hope you have a review of Billy Bobs

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
PJackson
DIS Veteran

What a busy day! We lunched at Cafe Mickey and while I thought it was OK the food and service could have been better I think it's overpriced IMO but then we had v good character interaction.

Glad your party managed to do Crush - we never did as the queue was too long and by the end of the day the girls were too tired to hang around for 30 mins while we waited...
DLH 30 Aug - 3 Sept 2009

No trip in planning - well there might be a small one....
PJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Shame about your breakfast as we have always had lots of character interaction there more or less as soon as we arrive
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #5
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post

Hope you have a review of Billy Bobs
I didn't take any pictures at either Billy Bobs or Cape Cod, so they wouldn't be very exciting reviews

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
Old 10-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackson View Post
What a busy day! We lunched at Cafe Mickey and while I thought it was OK the food and service could have been better I think it's overpriced IMO but then we had v good character interaction.
I've had dinner at Cafe Mickey, rowdy but good fun, and would do that again (in fact, thats where DD wants to have her birthday meal next year). I just don't think I'd pay to do the breakfast there again, unless we were staying offsite and didn't have breakfast included, and weren't planning on using EMH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Small World View Post
Shame about your breakfast as we have always had lots of character interaction there more or less as soon as we arrive
Maybe we were just unlucky then .

Elaine
Old 10-11-2008, 09:15 AM   #7
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
I've had dinner at Cafe Mickey, rowdy but good fun, and would do that again (in fact, thats where DD wants to have her birthday meal next year). I just don't think I'd pay to do the breakfast there again, unless we were staying offsite and didn't have breakfast included, and weren't planning on using EMH.

Maybe we were just unlucky then .
We did the late one last time so went in for EMH then back out for breakfast at 9.30 - that worked really well coz we were quite hungry at that stage and stayed for quite a while to meet the characters and as we'd already been into the park didnt feel we needed to rush back in
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #8
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Another great day, shame about the breakfast though. Great photos

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #9
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

Glad you had a great day, we looked into the breakfast at Cafe Mickey but thought that it wasn't a character one as we never saw any as we walked past in the morning
Old 10-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
Anne64
Mouseketeer

Sounds like another great day Sorry to hear about breakfast - £60 is a bit steep for only 3 characters

2008 Off-site: I-Drive (never again!)
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
Anne64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

I've got to say, whenever we walked past Cafe Mickey in the Mornings we always saw quite a few characters hanging round in there.... Shame it didn't meet expectations though- I'd be annoyed if I'd paid that much and only saw a couple of characters....

Other than that, it looks like a nice day!

Bob xxoxox
Old 10-13-2008, 05:36 AM   #12
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Another great day... shame about the breakfast.

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:02 AM   #13
karenmoloney
DIS Veteran

Another lovely day. I am a bit like you - don't like coasters, but unfortunately my DD1(6 yrs) is starting to like them - discovered Big Thunder Mountain in May & is now her favourite ride! DH is coming with us next week, so I know which rides she will be dragging him onto while I do Fantasyland ones with DD2(22 mths)!

Day trip Sept 1999 / 4 nights Disneyland Hotel Sept 2004 / 2 nights Holiday Inn March 2005 / 5 nights Holiday Inn Nov 2005 / 3 nights Holiday Inn March 2006 / 7 nights Pierre & Vacances July 2006 / 3 nights Sequoia Lodge Nov 2006 / 6 nights Newport Bay Resort Suite Jun 2007 / 3 nights Kyriad Nov 2007 / 1 night Sequoia Lodge Dec 2007 (no kids) / 6 nights Marriott May 2008 / 2 nights Santa Fe Aug 2008 / 6 nights Marriott Oct 2008 / 3 nights Disneyland Hotel Jan 2009 (my 40th) / 7 nights May 2009 Marriott / 2 nights August 2009 Hotel L'Elysee Val D'Europe / 5 nights Nov 2009 Marriott / 6 nights Marriott May 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Feb 2011 / 4 nights Adagio May 2011 / 9 nights Marriott Aug 2011 / 5 nights Marriott Nov 2011 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2012 / 3 nights Adajio Oct 2012 / 5 nights Marriott Dec 2012

karenmoloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #14
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Ah but I quite like BTM - just not the likes of ToT (I have palpitations on the frog hopper at Gullivers Kingdom ) or any kind of fast looping coaster.

Elaine
Old 10-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #15
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

A lovely day ~ shame about your breakfast. We've never done character breakfast there either, mainly because my DDs aren't huge breakfast eaters and I like to get value for money!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: