Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #1171
llurgy
DIS Veteran

I have something BRILLIANT to show you all!!

A while ago a DISBoard member emailed me to inform me that an Organization called the MouseScrappers had approached her and were wanting to do a Digital Scrapbook of a Wish Trip. Anyways, this kind person put my name forward..........A few months later and we have the results. Around 40 to 50 voluntEARS of MouseScrappers put a lot on work into the book, and we even got a bonus Big Give book too!
The Organization is MouseScrappers and if anyone needs any info about it I have been informed that using the contact us button will get inquiries to the correct place

Anyways, I hope these links turn out okay

The Big Give Book

The Make-A-Wish Book

I also made a small photo book of the reveal when she received the books in the mail

The Scrapbook Reveal

Again.....I want to give our heartfelt gratitude to all that have given their time, money and thoughts throughout Becca's journey through life.....The Make-A-Wish Foundation, GKTW, The Big Give People, The MouseScrappers and all the people that sent good Wishes, Presents and Prayers when Becca was in Hospital. You all totally changed our journey through life with your actions

Love Mandy

www.schtabs.com

Becca's MAW/GKTW/Disney Trip was January 21st to January 27th 2009
Me ...... David ...... Becca

Last edited by llurgy; 09-22-2011 at 02:23 PM.
llurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #1172
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

Hi Mandy,
Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful scrapbooks from the MouseScrappers! Great memories from Becca's trip and all the Big Gives she received! What a blessing that your family were chosen for this special gift especially after the trip, Becca had to be in the hospital for many months. It's good to hear and see how Becca is doing now too.
Gail
p00h4me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #1173
llurgy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00h4me View Post
Hi Mandy,
Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful scrapbooks from the MouseScrappers! Great memories from Becca's trip and all the Big Gives she received! What a blessing that your family were chosen for this special gift especially after the trip, Becca had to be in the hospital for many months. It's good to hear and see how Becca is doing now too.
Gail
Thank You for your kind words.
The books are awesome aren't they? Thanks again MouseScrappers

After the hospital episode I just couldn't get myself in gear to do a trip report, but now we have a permanent reminder all wrapped up in a couple of real books to look back on for years to come.
Becca is doing ok, we still have regular trips to the ER for a CAT scan(we went a few weeks ago, again in April and believe it or not we had to go New Years day also) if she has headache for more than a few days, she has also been on Antibiotics for over two and a half years now but other than that we do fine. Her recovery from such a devastating occurrence is nothing less than amazing

So....Time for beddy-byes for me
Mandy

www.schtabs.com

Becca's MAW/GKTW/Disney Trip was January 21st to January 27th 2009
Me ...... David ...... Becca
llurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #1174
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

What beautiful books! The time and love put into those is amazing! So glad to hear that Becca is doing well.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
jessica52877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #1175
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

How absolutely GORGEOUS and what a true remembrance of a very special trip! THANK YOU for sharing!

Blessings,
Judy
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:27 AM   #1176
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Mandy thanks for sharing. Those books are just amazing.

I had followed your TR when you first came home and had always remembered your family and everything you were going through
Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #1177
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Hello Mandy! These scrapbooks and phenomenal!!! What a wonderful way to remember Becca's Wish Trip, such a precious gift. Life was so crazy up and down when we got back (living elsewhere while managing a major reno, mother's rapid and scary onset of dementia, medical issues with Mark), I never did a TR and have always regretted it. I haven't even sorted the pictures our properly! The best I managed was taking one of the Big Give t-shirts and preserving it in a shadow box and actually hanging it up in Mark's room...about a year after we moved back in. Simply not reflective of the gratitude we have for the amazing experience of the Wish Trip, finding support from the WishTrippers here on the DIS, the Big Give gang...

So glad to hear that Becca is doing well. Our boys are fine - big changes for both last year as they changed schools. Another change for Mark this year as he has moved from the Preparatory to the Upper School at his school. It's a very demanding school academically but he's loving the classes if not the homework. Great to see him challenged and engaged. Douglas is enjoying his new school too, also into soccer, flag football etc. We've managed a Disney trip just about every year since the Wish Trip, a nice way to keep the memories alive, and the WDW CMs are so good to our family, always going out of the way to make things easier. We tried a Disney cruise this past March which was great. We stayed on property for 2 nights beforehand and met up with Maroo, Lauren and Lisa!!! Our first DIS meet, I was very proud of my DH and sons for tagging along.

Hope all continues to go well. And glad I caught your post - gues there was a reason for keeping those thread subscriptions after all!

Alison
twinmum is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: