Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #316
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Great update - so strange to see the pictures of little Sarah and knowing she's now walking around causing all kinds of trouble!!
I know..she looks so different now...and let me just tell you it is so much worse than that, this girl will be able to climb the rock wall on RCCL. she climbs up onto the couch, our bed (which is almost taller than her, onto the end tables in the living room, oh and totally on top of the kitchen counter. She is so much trouble! Takes after daddy!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #317
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Great update! Keep them coming!
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2009, 01:31 AM   #318
nenner1

Back to the Island

The week was sure flying by, and here we were already at Friday. We have come to realize that for whatever reason the week we cruise is always the shortest week of the year. Don’t ask me how that happens! Plans for this, our last full day onboard included our Character Breakfast, fun in the sun on Castaway Cay, and a lot of packing.

Sarah had the whole morning booked in Flounders Reef so that we could take in some bike riding and maybe….just maybe…. finally make it out to Serenity Bay for the first time! It was not originally supposed to be our character breakfast morning, that came about due to the rotation changes. In fact we didn’t know at all that it had changed from Thursday to Friday until Tuesday when my cruise mate Val mentioned it to me at Margaritaville. So we decided Sarah probably wouldn’t mind missing it too much and decided to just take her to Flounders as planned. That would also enable us to move quickly through breakfast so we could get out onto the island.

Having spent many a character meal in the parks waiting….and waiting….for that one last elusive straggler (always the character you really wanted to see) I was wondering about the length of the meal and how much time we would spend waiting around for the characters to get to us. As it turned out, the dining room was fairly sparsely populated (due I’m sure to the fact that we were in CC and not at sea) and things moved along at a decent pace. As soon as we were seated at our table (awesome location at the end of the center aisle) and we served our drinks, the party started.

We did NOT have to wait long for our first visit:

In fact our furry friends visited the table in rapid succession.

Pluto was being mischievous:

The only one that took a little bit longer to arrive was the big cheese himself.

Our service was spectacular as always and we had eaten (the food was typical breakfast fare) and met all the characters in a span of about a half-hour to 40 minutes, which was great since we were anxious to get out on the island.

On our way out we caught Minnie holding hands with Chip (or is that Dale? I can’t tell by the tail.) We let her know we would keep that to ourselves and not tell Mickey.

Hey… Where are you headed Chip? Aren’t the critters housed down on deck A?

We hightailed it off the ship so we could get down to our beach business. It was somewhat overcast but still fairly early.
The required Castaway Cay photo ops:

Yet another cruise went by without catching Capt. Jack. There was actually already a bit of a line going when we passed his spot but we didn’t want to wait around. After setting up a home base on the family beach across from Cookie’s, we walked to the bike rental area. It was the first time we had wandered down the path in that direction. We had never seen the hair braiding stations or the Bahamian craft stores so that was interesting to check out.

The bike rental area is just past those and after checking in at the window we were instructed to take our choice of bikes. They pretty much run on the honor system, we could drop off and return for more bikes all day and we did not have to check them in or out again. I thought that was really convenient.

There was a great selection of bikes in various sizes, as you can see in the photos below. Plenty to choose from!

<<Continued>>

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 09-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #319
nenner1

Back to the Island, continued

<<<Continued from Previous Post>>

We headed out, following the path, all the ways dodging groups of walkers and trams. The path (actually the old runway I guess) was plenty wide and was a quick ride out to the Serenity Beach area (about 5-8 minutes tops).

We took a quick stop so Ron could use the restroom and then he wanted to take a brief look around the adult beach area.

Ahh…Paradise:

Serenity bay is a lot busier then it appears in those pictures. See:

From there we ventured along the bike path to the scenic overlook. This took us past the backs of the massage cabanas, which I thought was interesting as the bike path was located only several feet from the open air cabanas. I would think conversation from path goers and bike riders might not be so relaxing for those in the cabanas but maybe the light foliage deflects the noise better than it appeared. In any event I tried to get the kids past that area as expeditiously as possible.

At the end of the thickly wooded path there was a quiet, beautiful island overlook:

Although the trip up and back the path only took about ten minutes each way, time went by fast and we had an appointment with some crotchety crustaceans back at the DJ booth at 12:00.

It was time for the one…the only world famous Castaway Cay Crab races!

We rode back toward the beaches and dropped off our bikes. We made it back to the courtyard with plenty of time to get signed up for the first heat. Here is how the leader board shaped up (can you guess which crab is ours?)

I swear the name was Savannah’s idea, not ours!

As it would turn out, Jimmy was more in the mood for an afternoon siesta than a raucous race. He barely emerged from his shell, even after gratuitous poking from Entertainment Director/Emcee Luke.
The kids got their consolation prize (smiley face plastic slinky) and we were off for a snack! Chocolate chip cookie dough cones for all! And before lunch too!

Speaking of lunch, since the kids decided they wanted to stay in the area for the second crab race we decided to just go ahead and grab some chow. We had a nice umbrella covered picnic table near the fruit bar right in the center of the courtyard-perfect for people watching. We headed up to Cookie’s.
Since this was our second day of our double dip, Cookie’s was serving the alternate menu. I believe there were lobster burgers or sandwiches of some sort (leftovers from the dinner the night before?). There was also some kind of flank steak or skirt steak in sauce. And some grilled chicken. None of that appealed to me much, so here is what I opted for:

Ron was a little more adventurous in his selections:

After lunch the kids headed to sign up for round 2 of the races.

Their choice for a name this time was not as creative but was more in demand: Mickey. We enjoyed being joined by Drea and her family although I am sorry we took your crab name! Before long the techno music was pumping, and the red bucket lifted, and again….nothing.

We had a different crab this time, but he was a dud too. In any event we enjoyed Drea’s boys’ crab making its way into the finals. (Go Team Mac!)

Afterwards it was already time to pick up Sarah. While Ron headed back to the boat to get her, the kids went out to play on the water playground. While they enjoyed themselves I relaxed with a Conch Cooler and chatted some with Tiffany the FE crafting Queen! It took quite a while for Ron and Sarah to get back and when they did, Brendan was still in the water. So Ron and Savannah went for another bike ride up to the observation tower.
Here are the sights from afar:

Meanwhile back on the family beach some ominous clouds rolled in, I really did not want Sarah’s car seat getting soaked so I packed up and we headed back to the boat. Our radios did not work so well and there were some communication issues but eventually Ron and Savannah did make it back to the boat before the rain (in the end it only sprinkled a little bit). While waiting to board and chatting over the two-ways Ron took a picture of me up in the porthole (good thing you can’t see me!) Our room is the third porthole from the right (above the equipment and tanks obscuring the SPH rooms on deck 5). The room we were supposed to have is the first porthole on the right. )

It was now well into afternoon and a lot of hard work packing lay ahead. Along with it, our last night onboard the beautiful Magic.

Up Next: Breathe in, Breathe Out, Move On

Old 09-05-2009, 02:00 AM   #320
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

OH man you had Charachter breakfast on a port day.. that sucked. But looks like you still got a lot packed in, before you had to pack it all in LOL

Ya I wasnt a fan of the food choices or lack their off on CC this day either. Really was craving the mahi mahi samich I had the 1st day LOL. And we even ate at the Adult beach and the food was so so.

Konk Kooler.. never ended up having one.. oh well.. NEXT TIME lol
Old 09-05-2009, 02:09 AM   #321
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
OH man you had Charachter breakfast on a port day.. that sucked. But looks like you still got a lot packed in, before you had to pack it all in LOL
yeah not just any port day either but a CC day! Exactly what I was bound & determined to avoid with all my planning. Oh well. Sometimes that's just how it goes...it did move really quick, WAAAY faster than the last time we were at Crystal Palace!

Quote:
Ya I wasnt a fan of the food choices or lack their off on CC this day either. Really was craving the mahi mahi samich I had the 1st day LOL. And we even ate at the Adult beach and the food was so so.

That's right...next time...10/30/10... You know it's my job to bug ya til you book..LOL

Hey what are you doing up so late? (Oh wait...that's me up late!) I'd better get to bed I have to get up at 6!

Old 09-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #322
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Nice update! You may actually get this done in under a year!!
Old 09-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #323
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile Yyeeaaaa!!!....

....there's more 2 yer adventure .
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #324
TheDisneyGirl02
I found my Disney Prince!
Animals that have gone through the taxidermy process scare like nothing else!

Loved the update and the crab race description! Was crab 2's name also Jimmy Buffett too?

Quote:

Drea...you never had a Konk Kooler!!!! OMG!!!! You need to book a cruise ASAP just to get one of those drinks!!!! They are SOOOOOOOOOO good!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #325
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
....there's more 2 yer adventure .
Yup....still a little bit more to come!

Wait a minute, shouldn't you be packing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyGirl02 View Post
Loved the update and the crab race description! Was crab 2's name also Jimmy Buffett too?
Nope, that one was Mickey. They had to reach for that one... That was the name Drea's boys wanted! Whoopsie!

Quote:
Drea...you never had a Konk Kooler!!!! OMG!!!! You need to book a cruise ASAP just to get one of those drinks!!!! They are SOOOOOOOOOO good!
Yes they are! It is blasphemy, isn't it....that of all people she never got one! Of course when she cruises next year on 10/30/10 she can get one (but she refuses to acknowledge it...in fact with E gone she needs to send the boys to Grandma-for real this time- and get on board!)

Old 09-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #326
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile Packing all done......

.....took me over 2 1/2 hours to get it finished (Tuesday of this week) but....I finally got my ONE suitcase all packed - YYEEAA!!!!!!!!!!! .

I "celebrated" by going out to Walmart and.....yup - ya guessed it.....bought me a cheese steak sandwich and some cherry Dr. Pepper .
Those cheesesteaks.....soooooooo yyuummyyy!

Now IF only while up in the Philly area, local bars wud sell Konk Coolers THEN I wud be in business ....

Got my ABD trip report updated as it reflects Ladybug's feelings about what's up. She's not tooooo thrilled .

TTFN
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #327
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyGirl02 View Post
ya I really didnt get hardly any of the drink of the days lol.. I was too busy finishing our "water" or doing wine, beer, martini and ta-killa-ya tastings LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Nope, that one was Mickey. They had to reach for that one... That was the name Drea's boys wanted! Whoopsie!
HA ya my boys were real original in that 1st name they picked out and they wouldnt go with Minnie as a 2nd name heaven forbid name a crab a girls name when they are boys LOL

Yes they are! It is blasphemy, isn't it....that of all people she never got one! Of course when she cruises next year on 10/30/10 she can get one (but she refuses to acknowledge it...in fact with E gone she needs to send the boys to Grandma-for real this time- and get on board!)
HMMM NOW THAT is a great thought.. hmmmm alone on a ship with my DIS friends, I could have many a drinks of the day, kick as many trash cans as I want and pass out alone in the theater..ok maybe ill just stay in my room lol but thats tempting!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #328
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Yup....still a little bit more to come!

Wait a minute, shouldn't you be packing!!!

I am ashamed to admit that I have never had a konk kooler either!! Drea we have to have our first one TOGETHER next November!!!!!!! And our second....and our third.....

Quote:
ya I really didnt get hardly any of the drink of the days lol.. I was too busy finishing our "water" or doing wine, beer, martini and ta-killa-ya tastings LOL

HMMM NOW THAT is a great thought.. hmmmm alone on a ship with my DIS friends, I could have many a drinks of the day, kick as many trash cans as I want and pass out alone in the theater..ok maybe ill just stay in my room lol but thats tempting!
I'll bring a water pistol- to wake you up with so you don't miss too much of the action!!!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #329
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
.....took me over 2 1/2 hours to get it finished (Tuesday of this week) but....I finally got my ONE suitcase all packed - YYEEAA!!!!!!!!!!! .
Way to go!! Never...NEVER in a million years could I keep myself limited to one suitcase. I practically bring a "suitcase" to work with me every night (actually a very large laptop bag..)

Quote:
I "celebrated" by going out to Walmart and.....yup - ya guessed it.....bought me a cheese steak sandwich and some cherry Dr. Pepper .
Those cheesesteaks.....soooooooo yyuummyyy!

Now IF only while up in the Philly area, local bars wud sell Konk Coolers THEN I wud be in business ....

Got my ABD trip report updated as it reflects Ladybug's feelings about what's up. She's not tooooo thrilled .

TTFN
mmmmm...cherry Dr. Pepper! Love the vanilla too! I posted some comments on your TR's!

Quote:
I didn't get many DOTD's either. Two or three. Not as many as I planned. We actually didn't finish the bottle of rum we brought onboard either.
On my first cruise we left it for our SR host....not this time!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I am ashamed to admit that I have never had a konk kooler either!! Drea we have to have our first one TOGETHER next November!!!!!!! And our second....and our third.....

I'll bring a water pistol- to wake you up with so you don't miss too much of the action!!!!

YESSSS! That's it! We have our DDD reunion date girls! Think about it....You could do it super cheap, get a GTY 12 and cram 4 DDD girls inside split the fare 4 ways and it could be the party room! Like a Sorority House on steriods!! Awesome idea, I tell ya.....!

Ellen, you didn't have one either? They are perfect for a Halloween cruse, nice and Orange! Actually I saw a recipe on here awhile back, I wished I had saved it. Ever since I lost my Nutty Uncle recipe (PF Changs) I need a signature drink to replace it...

Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #330
PrinceEric
I am the Prince of something?

thank you for the updates!
PrinceEric is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: