Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Better late than never! Disney Magic Western-April 18-25 UPDATE-9/6

I know it's been a while but I've finally resized most of my pictures so here we go!

DH and I wanted to do something different to celebrate our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. We went to WDW on our Honeymoon, Disneyland on our 1st Anniversary, and now a Disney Cruise on our 2nd Anniversary. I joked with the lady on the reservation line that I was trying to talk him into Paris for our 3rd Anniversary but he won't hear any of that!

Our Itinerary:

Friday, April 17, 2009:

Fly out of New Orleans at 6:00 p.m. Land in Orlando around 9:00 p.m. We stayed in the Hyatt Airport which was really nice!

Saturday, April 18, 2009:

Board Disney Cruise Line bus transfer as early as possible!

Sunday, April 19, 2009:

Key West - 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
GPS Walking Tour excursion

Monday, April 20, 2009:

Sea Day!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009:

Grand Cayman - 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Shipwreck and Reef Snorkeling excursion

Wednesday, April 22, 2009:

Cozumel - 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Royal Dolphin Swim at Chankannaub

Thursday, April 23, 2009:

SEA DAY!

Friday, April 24, 2009:

Castaway Cay - 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Extreme Getaway Package

Saturday, April 25, 2009:

Disembark!
One night at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. No park tickets, just relax and enjoy the resort!

Sunday, April 26, 2009:

Home

Last edited by kmab00; 09-06-2009 at 08:54 PM.
kmab00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Friday, April 17, 2009

YAY trip day has finally arrived! I worked that morning but got off at noon. DH was off that day so all he had to do was finish packing and hit the road! I got home, we got situated, and we were off!

Just because she makes it into every trip report.....my little pip squeak (Pixie)! She knew we were leaving her..... so sad!

My luggage! lol!

I wanted to be on the road by 1:30 p.m. and this is the closest that we got to it!

Ok so on the way, I was SO bored! It's a 3 hour drive to the airport and I was ready to BE THERE! We also hit a LOT of traffic in Baton Rouge.

SO, to cure my boredom, I decided to take pictures of Louisiana road signs of stupid town names. Just goes to show how intelligent we are here....

I don't' know about you Rosey Butts don't sound very nice! (but then again, that's pronounced with a long U)

I'm not even going there! What tha....???

It's really pronounced gross tet. Strange....

I got a spray tan and it streaked on my hands! lol!

Plackawho???

One of my worst fears ever...bridges. I HATE this Baton Rouge bridge and for our Dis Meet in January, I had to drive it by myself. OMG I thought I was going to DIE!!!

Death Valley...LSU Stadium!

Geyzmar?

And of course we have a town called But. Nice. It's really bute but still..... That other one is pronounced Homa. Not Houuuma. lol!

FINALLY the airport thank GOD! I'm sure you're all saying the same thing so you don't have to look at moronic road signs anymore!!

In the bus waiting to park!

We got checked in at curbside by this RUDE guy who then waited around as if to say "where's my tip?" We gave him one but I didn't want to and I shouldn't have. He was incredibly rude.

As we passed the television screens, we saw that our plane was delayed until 7 p.m. We were supposed to fly out at 6:15 p.m. Ok not a problem so we went to Subway and had dinner. I don't think he charged me for our 2nd sandwich either. When I said something, he gave me the shhhh sign with his finger. I felt weird about not paying for that sandwich but whatever.

After we ate, we decided to check on our flight time.

Wait WHAT? We're delayed until WHAT time??

Oh no that is not acceptable!!!!

Up next: Waiting and waiting and waiting!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Friday, April 17, 2009 Continued....

Ok so I was on about our stupid flight delay. We found out that the plane was coming from Houston to New Orleans. Apparently the weather was TERRIBLE in Houston. I called my mom back home (right between Houston and New Orleans) and she said the weather was really really bad.

I would look back at the screen every once in a while and the time for our flight kept climbing back and back. It was really annoying.

So, I decided to make good use of my time and put together my fish extender bags. I didn't do this before we left home because I had to make 48 of them and I didn't want Security freaking out on me and request to check every single little bag like they did to Heather and I for the January meet.

I found myself a row of chairs and started working!

Now 9:40!!! Ugh

Just FYI, here's all of the Fish Extender goodies that I bought!

The adults got Tabasco sauce and a beach ball and a pack of gum or mints....they also had a few extra little things thrown in there!

Boys goodies!

Girls goodies!

I also made these magnets for everyone in our FE group's door.....

Ok so I finished the bags, listened to my Ipod, called my mom again, then watched most of the movie Fireproof on my portable DVD player before the plane finally arrived. We didn't take off until after 10 p.m. I don't think we ever got that crazy weather that I could tell....

I was really bummed about us leaving so late because we were staying in the Orlando Airport Hyatt and I wanted to "explore" the airport...yeah well...that really didn't happen but whatever.

...................CONT................
Old 07-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #4
kmab00
DIS Veteran

..................CONT...................

We landed in Orlando sometime after midnight. After collecting all of our luggage and everything, I don't think we actually got checked into the hotel until around 12:30 or so.

Good plus about it...the airport was nice and quiet!

Check in desk. We did get an upgrade! I had just booked a standard room with a Hyatt Stay Certificate that I bought online. I'm not sure exactly what he upgraded us to. I think he said Business Select or something like that?

Our room

More views of the room

From the balcony

Too bad we didn't get to enjoy this at all!

Uh no thanks!

Bathroom

Bathroom...

DH knew how sad I was that I didn't get to "explore" so he said let's go! I knew we couldn't do much cause it was so late but we could still go and take silly pictures! So that's what we did! lol!

The hallway on our floor had this tropical thing going on and it even had birds but they were "sleeping" (their cage had a cover over it).

We noticed this in the lobby as we were making our way downstairs so we went back up to the front desk and told the attendant that we were leaving in the morning for DCL.

He gave me a little card that told us what to do in the morning.

This is INCREDIBLY convenient, by the way!!!!

So we got to the main part of the airport and of course, I had to stop at the Disney part first!

I'm a princess! Haha!

It was late and seriously, these are my FAVORITE!!!

We were about to be in a tropical area...couldn't wait to see it!

After playing around for a few minutes, we decided to go back up to the room! It was almost 1 a.m. and the first bus to port was leaving at 8:30 a.m.!

Glass elevator

Lobby of the airport from above in the Hyatt

All finished and ready to go!

Up next: Saturday morning and boarding the DCL!!!!!!! YAY!
Old 07-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #5
kimgg
DIS Veteran

This is awesome since we are flying in in the evening (740 though, not as late as you, hopefully) and staying at the hyatt too! Nice to see what we have to look forward to. I love reading westerns since that is what we are doing. Thanks and I'll be reading . . .
kimgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:36 AM   #6
kimgg
DIS Veteran

Oh and Pixie is adorable!
kimgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
ZCrew
Earning My Ears

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmab00 View Post
I know it's been a while but I've finally resized most of my pictures so here we go!

DH and I wanted to do something different to celebrate our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. We went to WDW on our Honeymoon, Disneyland on our 1st Anniversary, and now a Disney Cruise on our 2nd Anniversary. I joked with the lady on the reservation line that I was trying to talk him into Paris for our 3rd Anniversary but he won't hear any of that!

Our Itinerary:

Friday, April 17, 2009:

Fly out of New Orleans at 6:00 p.m. Land in Orlando around 9:00 p.m. We stayed in the Hyatt Airport which was really nice!

Saturday, April 18, 2009:

Board Disney Cruise Line bus transfer as early as possible!

Sunday, April 19, 2009:

Key West - 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
GPS Walking Tour excursion

Monday, April 20, 2009:

Sea Day!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009:

Grand Cayman - 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Shipwreck and Reef Snorkeling excursion

Wednesday, April 22, 2009:

Cozumel - 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Royal Dolphin Swim at Chankannaub

Thursday, April 23, 2009:

SEA DAY!

Friday, April 24, 2009:

Castaway Cay - 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Extreme Getaway Package

Saturday, April 25, 2009:

Disembark!
One night at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. No park tickets, just relax and enjoy the resort!

Sunday, April 26, 2009:

Home
That's awsome, I bet you had a great time. We are leaving for the western this Saturday and have scheduled the shipwreck and reef snorkel excursion on Grand Cayman. How was it?

Disney World October 2004
Disney World March 2006
7-night Eastern Caribbean September 2006
Disney Land July 2008
7-night Western Caribbean July 2009
ZCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgg View Post
This is awesome since we are flying in in the evening (740 though, not as late as you, hopefully) and staying at the hyatt too! Nice to see what we have to look forward to. I love reading westerns since that is what we are doing. Thanks and I'll be reading . . .
The Hyatt was awesome! We both said we'd definitely do it again! And it's so convenient for the bus to the port, too!! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgg View Post
Oh and Pixie is adorable!
Aww thanks she's spoiled rotten!! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCrew View Post
That's awsome, I bet you had a great time. We are leaving for the western this Saturday and have scheduled the shipwreck and reef snorkel excursion on Grand Cayman. How was it?
LOVED the snorkeling thing...that was DH's favorite excursion of the entire trip! We got really sunburnt but we loved it! Have a good time on your cruise!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
OurOhana
Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying your report. Can't wait to read more - and I'm really liking all of the photos.

HAL Maasdam Feb. 16, 2003 * HAL Zuiderdam Sept. 7, 2003
DCL Magic Jan. 31, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 17, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 20, 2009 * DCL Fantasy Apr. 27, 2013

OurOhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:36 PM   #10
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Oh we were in Disneyworld almost the same time frame, so this is fun! Can't wait for more, I LOVE your pictures. The more the merrier, ok?

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #11
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

Great start to your TR! I can't wait to read more!

You kind of remind me of the Stacey girl that is on in the rooms at Disney!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
gduvall
DIS Veteran

don't stop now, we need to hear and see the rest
gduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurOhana View Post
I'm enjoying your report. Can't wait to read more - and I'm really liking all of the photos.
Thanks! I like taking pictures so I'm glad that you are enjoying them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Oh we were in Disneyworld almost the same time frame, so this is fun! Can't wait for more, I LOVE your pictures. The more the merrier, ok?
Oh how neat! I bet you guys had fun!! Thank you!! :0) I take a lot of pictures so you'll see plenty in this report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess22 View Post
Great start to your TR! I can't wait to read more!

You kind of remind me of the Stacey girl that is on in the rooms at Disney!
Thank you!! lol oh wow I wish I were as skinny as she is! But thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduvall View Post
don't stop now, we need to hear and see the rest
Oh don't worry...I always finish my TR's even if it takes a while!! :0) Not stopping any time soon!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #14
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Ohhhh I am lovin this report! Keep it going
HappyGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:17 PM   #15
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Saturday, April 18, 2009 - Embarkation Day!!!

We woke up Saturday morning ready to go! I had a really good nights sleep. Only problem is, I'm used to a huge king bed at home and this one was the size of a full bed. So I felt squished! lol! I think I may have woken up twice at night because I faintly heard planes flying overhead but it wasn't like I woke up and was wide awake. I was aware of the planes but fell right back asleep. We got up and got dressed and walked out to take a few more pictures of the hotel in the daylight!

The view from our balcony!

The pool area...very pretty! Too bad we didn't get to use it! Oh well!

This was in the hallway right outside our door

And these were the sleeping birdies from the night before! lol!

We decided to run downstairs and get Starbucks for breakfast real quick. We still had about an hour before our bus was set to leave.

Yum!

After we finished with Starbucks we went back to our room to make sure everything was in its rightful spot. Instead of leaving our luggage outside the door, we were instructed to leave it inside the door and someone would be by to pick it up. By this time, I had all of the green DCL luggage tags attached and we were ready to go!

We go to the lobby and I made Jason wait while I went to get us checked out.

The line was a little long but it wasn't anything like Magical Express can be sometimes!!! Lol!

I thought this was a nice touch!

After all of our paper work had been taken care of, we were assigned to group Pluto!

Our Pluto guide took us over to the elevators and we headed out to the bus as a group.

Waiting on the elevators

Our bus! What was nice is that they didn't walk us ALL THE WAY over to the Magical Express area! We got off the elevators, walked out the back, and voila! There was our bus! Perfect!!!

As we boarded the bus, look what was playing!!! An old Donald Cartoon! Yay!!!

Haha it's Goofy on the running deck! That's perfect for me!! lol!

Pirates! Arrrgh! We watched the typical Disney Cruise Line video on our way to the port!

The ride was about an hour but before too long, look what we saw!!!

MICKEY BOAT! I got on my phone on Facebook and put "I see Mickey Boat!" LOL!

Yay!!!

Up next: Boarding and trying to find my sea legs! lol!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: