Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #1
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Exclamation ADR System Upgrade - History

With all of the changes to the ADR system we want to keep everything in one easy to reference place for everyone. That's why we have created this sticky thread. All questions and posts will be consolidated in this one sticky thread

The most current ADR information will always be in this post - so nobody will have to dig through pages and pages of updates and questions to find out what's what.

******UPDATE 6/16/09******
It looks like they've launched for the general public. Click here http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/

WooHoo! We finally made it!

******UPDATE 5/11/09 - Part 2******
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
Just checked the disney travel agent site and there's nothing about it there as of 7:40 am.
******UPDATE 5/11/09 - Part 3******
Got a PM - Online ADR's are online and working for TA's!!

******UPDATE March 2, 2009******
More details about the new system, most of this is stuff that we've read before, but I thought I'd pass along the info that a little birdie passed along to me...
Quote:
A new reservation system, a la carte
(application for celebrations, activities,
recreation, tables & events) will be phased
in to replace the Dining Reservation
System (DRS) currently used. Delivered
by Information Technology, it will allow
Cast Members, Guests and travel agents
to make dining reservations online.
It also allows Cast to learn about the
Guests’ full experience at the Walt Disney
World Resort, including room and dining
packages.

A la carte will interface with other
booking systems to help reservation
agents find opportunities that match a
Guest’s preferences. For example, it will
show if a Guest has booked a resort stay
with the dining plan. The application
then makes appropriate recommendations
for dining and events. A la carte will
automatically check multiple dining
locations based on information from the
Guest and the resort reservation. Guests
will not have to repeat their personal
information for each booking because
a la carte can store multiple events in a
“shopping cart” and book them all at once.

Earlier this month, booking began in
a la carte for all dates on or after May 26.
Events before that date continue to be
made in DRS. On May 26, DRS will
be retired.

*******UPDATE 12/29/08*******

As of now the ADR window is permanently 90 days instead of 180 days. To determine your date you can click here http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...dispscalc.html

This is a permanent change to the Dining System. Reported information from Disney's intranet confirms this for us.

According to Disney due to the growing pattern of guests finalizing their itineraries closer to their vacation experience they are permanently adjusting their reservation windows to 90 days. This includes Dining Reservations, Dining Package Reservations (Fantasmic! and Candlelight Processional), Recreation Reservations and Tour Reservations.

There is a temporary exception to the 90 day rule. CRT, Chef Mickey and Victoria & Albert's can apparently be booked up through June 19th 2009. This is a fixed date, and as soon as it's 90 days prior to June 19, they will be on the same 90 day schedule as all other locations.

Grand Gathering Experiences* and La Nouba can be reserved up to 180 days in advance.

Hotels can be reserved up to 500 in advance, however I am not aware of any changes to the DVC resort reservations.

Disney allowed that though 'permanent', they are always evaluating and may increase or decrease the window in the future if they deem it necessary.

All existing dining, recreation and tour reservations will be honored as booked, so reservations for 2009 (beyond the 90 day window) are safe.

The +10 still applies for resort guests. Meaning resort guests can call in 90 days prior to check in and book for up to 10 days of their vacation.

FAQ

*What is a Grand Gathering versus a Grand Gathering Experience?

From Disney's website http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...alProductsPage

Quote:
Grand Gatherings
Exclusive Experiences
A Grand Gathering is a group of 8 or more (ages 3 and up) staying at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels. Once your group qualifies as a Grand Gathering, you can join other Grand Gathering parties for these exclusive events.
Experiences that are available at 180 days are....
Quote:
International Dinner and IllumiNations Dessert Reception
Meet your friends and family at the Odyssey in Epcot® for a celebration of international friendship. Your well-traveled and fun-loving hostess, Auntie Roz, welcomes you to amazing tastes from around the world. Help yourself to delectable international cuisine served family-style, where everyone from Grandma to Junior is sure to find a favorite dish.

As you feast, Auntie Roz and some of your favorite Disney Characters sing, dance and tell stories — sometimes they even need your help! And Auntie Roz loves birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions, so if you've got something to celebrate just give her the word and she'll give you plenty of recognition, including a special song.

After your international eating adventure, end your evening on a sweet note with a scrumptious dessert buffet and a private, reserved viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $64.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $33.99 (available 180 days prior)

Schedule:
Please call (407) WDW-MAGIC† for dates and times.

Safari Celebration Dinner
Make dinnertime an adventure with an amazing experience. Meet your tour guide in Asia at the "Flights of Wonder" theater for an exciting tour on Kilimanjaro Safaris.

After you've returned from your Safari, continue the Disney's Animal Kingdom fun in the Tusker House Restaurant with a delicious all-you-can-eat African-inspired dinner menu served family style. Dine on a full range of delectable foods that will please even the youngest members of your family. Then, have an "up-close" experience with exotic wildlife brought to the restaurant courtyard just to meet you — even get an autograph from one of the special Disney Characters who stop by the restaurant to say hello! And if you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, family reunion or other special occasion, your Disney friends will surely add their recognition to the festivities. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $64.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $33.99 (available 180 days prior)

Schedule:

Good Morning Character Breakfast
Start the morning with Tony, the proprietor from "Lady and the Tramp," at his Tony's Town Square Restaurant for a fun-filled breakfast with plenty of Character. Mingle with Mickey while you enjoy the delicious dishes of an all-you-can-eat breakfast. Then sing and dance with your Disney pals or talk to them tableside. Tony will be happy to recognize birthdays and special occasions along with a special serenade of "Bella Notte" for anniversaries. After breakfast, take Tony up on his invitation to visit Mickey's PhilharMagic, one of the most popular attractions in Magic Kingdom® Park, for reserved seating at the very next show. Theme park admission is required.

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $32.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $19.99 (available 180 days prior)

Schedule:

Magical Fireworks Voyage
Set sail with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee from Disney's Contemporary Resort. When you arrive at the Resort, check the Daily Event Board inside to see where to meet your "mateys" and start your adventure. Chow down on some pirate grub of snacks and beverages before you board the boat. Then, with a pirate as your host, sail on an unforgettable evening voyage around the Seven Seas Lagoon. Test your Disney trivia, sing songs and enjoy a magical performance of the Electrical Water Pageant. — all from the perfect vantage point for the fireworks spectacular set high above Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom® Park.

As you sail back to your Resort Port, your pirate host entertains you with the story of Peter Pan, ending just in time for you to discover Pan himself waiting on shore to greet your family, sign autographs and pose for photos. Even better, if you've got a birthday, reunion, anniversary or other special occasion in your group, Pan and the pirates help you celebrate!

Price:
Adults and Juniors - $43.99, Children (ages 3-9) - $24.99 (available 180 days prior)

Schedule:

As part of the "What Will You Celebrate:" program , beginning summer 2009, the Magical Fireworks Voyage (under a new name) will become available to all Guests, including Grand Gathering Guests, regardless of the size of their party. Guests can begin booking the celebratory fireworks experience by contacting (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529)† beginning in summer 2009.

Custom Events
During your visit to Walt Disney World® Resort you may want to enjoy a special meal in one of our unique private dining park locations or beautiful resort catering venues. Available for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or perhaps a dessert reception - groups of 20 or more can celebrate an anniversary, birthday, or any special event. To make your event even more magical, just call our Grand Gathering Travel Planners at 407-828-3200†.
*Availability for each Grand Gatherings experience is limited. The same experience must be purchased by at least 8 Guests in your party. The pricing is per person per experience. Reservations can be made 3 to 180 days in advance, and full payment for each experience is required 45 days prior to arrival without change. Events are subject to change. All prices include tax and gratuity.
† If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.
I have read about online reservations. What's up with them?
Disney has said that they'll have the capacity to make reservations online once the system is upgraded. Disney has always said that this will happen "later". Speculation is that they'll want the kinks worked out of the phone portion before launching the online portion.

Will Disney no longer take phone reservations?
Most agree that this would be highly unlikely. Not everyone is on the internet. Also, Disney themselves have not announced anything to indicate that their goal is to remove phones entirely.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Bethann23
Mouseketeer

ADR System Upgrade - History

Tricia.... THANK YOU so much for the Sticky .... The waiting is driving me crazy .... I wake up every morning hoping I haven't missed Disney opening it up earlier......

July 2008 Disneyland and DCA,Mar 2007 WDW Pop, April 2004 WDW ALL-Star Movies

me DH DD DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
surprise07
Earning My Ears

bump...
Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
ToodlesRN
Always Dreamin Of Disney

I was able to make our ressies today our last ressie is on Feb 8th. Awhile ago I was not until 10/24 and I called today to just check on the status and it was a go!
~Olivia~ 4 yrs
First visit to DL at age 11 and hooked ever since!
Disney Cruise and WDW 2/09 and 9/09
DVC Members on 3/2008 at AKV'S and 1/2009 VGC
Next Disney Trips: Disneyland sans kids December 2014 and Aulani April 2015
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
catne
DIS Veteran

New reservation system timeline?

Does anyone have any information when the new dining reservation on-line system is going to be available? Last I heard was end of October, or maybe early November...
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
Old 10-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
luvpooh
oh bother!

I think an update was posted today that it got pushed back to November 21
Old 10-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #7
catne
DIS Veteran

thanks...

I was hoping they'd get it up by early November (late November is when my 180 days will be. Would love to be able to book on-line after the "bugs" are out of the system.)
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
Old 10-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
MAKHayes-DisneyDiva
DIS Veteran

Slightly to mostly confused...
We are going to WDW on June 18, 2009. When can I make ADR's?
Old 10-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #9
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKHayes-DisneyDiva View Post
Slightly to mostly confused...
We are going to WDW on June 18, 2009. When can I make ADR's affected, and not be?
You should not be affected and should be able to make reservations at the normal 180 day mark. (12/20/2008 for you)

The only people affected by the upgrade are people who are looking for reservations from February 23 - May 20, 2009.

Last edited by Tricia1972; 10-12-2008 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Corrected typo on date s/b 20 not 2
Old 10-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #10
MAKHayes-DisneyDiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
You should not be affected and should be able to make reservations at the normal 180 day mark. (12/20/2008 for you)

The only people affected by the upgrade are people who are looking for reservations from February 23 - May 20, 2009.
Thanks so much!

Last edited by Tricia1972; 10-12-2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Corrected typo in date quoted - my error and I didn't want to confuse anyone.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #11
Trixie15
Mouseketeer

So if I'm hoping to make an ADR on May 3rd, I can't call till November 21st - is that right?

Went several times as a kid/teen, always stayed off site
December 1998 - Honeymoon - Carribean Beach
May 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
May 2009 with my extended family - offsite - 12 of us in one huge house!
January 2015 - Disney's All-Star Music Resort

Old 10-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #12
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie15 View Post
So if I'm hoping to make an ADR on May 3rd, I can't call till November 21st - is that right?
As it stands right now that is true. Unless you are looking for Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey, or Victoria & Albert's. Those three can be made at 180 days throughout the update process.

If the date changes, and the upgrade finishes sooner, there will be updates on the board.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #13
gmflanigan
Mouseketeer

The only problem with the wait is how many times you change your mind on where to eat. LOL

Old 10-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #14
mtmbyck
I AM Canadian eh!

Making ADR's for March?? When is new system ready??

They told me on the phone but I didn't write it down. I think it was November something.....
Old 10-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #15
princess lovers mom
Life is just a bowl of cherries; don't take it serious; life's too mysterious

NEW DINING RESERVATION SYSTEM IN THE WORKS

Disney will begin implementing a new reservation system that combines dining, recreation and tour bookings.

The conversion will start on July 21, 2008 and is expected to be functioning on November 21. While this is taking place, the latest dining reservation date which can be booked in advance is January 25, 2009. Once the new system is operating, it will revert to the 180 day Advance Dining Reservation window.

The exceptions to the shortened ADR booking window are Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria & Albert's.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: