Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
TheDisneyBunch
Laughs hysterically at the word.. DUMP!!!

Talking The car is going to break down, forgot jewelry and can't find g-ma..(TONS OF PHOTOS)

This shall be a pictorial report of sorts... I am feeling a little too lazy to type up the long in depth trip report as I did last year but I did want to share some pics and some random info about the trip so I shall just keep this short and to the point...

Sound good?

Great!!

So, the cast...

Myself-Amanda- MOM... lover of sweets (just check the food report for proof), photographer (at least I have been trying to be..hehe), pin trading nut (with all the cm's) and just all around Disney freak! I love it all!!

DH-Chris-DAD.. Haunted Mansion lover (he rode this so many times on this trip it was crazy) and lover of a good steak!

DS(5)-Ethan.. Lover of Disney transportation of all things. He is crazy over it!! Buses, monorails and sometimes the boats.. My mini pin trader!

My little one was left behind again this year with his grandparents. He loved that! He is NOT a fan of the heat, long car rides or being stuck in a stroller so this was not the time for him to go.. NEXT YEAR though!!

So.. we left on Friday (sept 12th) around 1:30pm when dh got home from school. We were so excited. I was so sad about leaving my little man behind but he was so happy to be going with his memommy that I was feeling a little better...

The drive down...well..it did not start off so great.. I thought something was telling us not to go for a while there. We started having car trouble almost right away. It is not going into gear just right and it keeps stalling and idling really low. I just knew it was going to leave us stranded some place. I then realize I left ALL my jewelry at home including my watch which just left me feeling naked..lol My mom and dad were calling my cell phone b/c Chirs' mom was not at home and she was supposed to get ds from my mom whiel she worked. She was running late, my dad was in a meeting and nobody was there to get my little man... So..all this is going on at one time and my once happy mood was turning south fast!!

As we are driving along I see a rainbow..just beautiful!! I joked to Chris that it was a sign of things looking up. Sure enough my dad calls and says he was able to get home to sit with Landon so my mom could go to work and we finally get ahold of g-ma and she just lost track of the time and was at the grocery store. All is well there.. The car finally started driving better after a couple of hours as well. I am still upset over the jewelry thing but I did find a pair of earings in the car so I had something..right??

Great, we are on the road..things are looking up..we are laughing and talking and playing the Nightmare Before Christmas on the ipod. All is good.

We make good timing and arrive in around 10:30pm. I had booked a hotel off site for that night through my cc. Well..it looked nice in the pics and was even a Disney Good Neighbor hotel.. We pull in and see a nice part of the hotel and then a crummy Inn connected to it. I joked to dh as I got out to check us in that they would try to stick us out there.. and sure enough THEY DID! I tell them that is not what I booked for but they say it is. They tell me I can pay more to stay in the tower if I like.. UMM..NO! So after much debate and over an hour later we get a refund and leave.. We refused to pay to stay in the rinky dink Inn..lol So, we head on over to Riverside and pray they can get us into a room by the early morning.

We arrive to smiling Disney faces around 12:30am. We are told they have a room ready for us but we can't check in til after 6am. We decide to just relaz in the lobby for a while and maybe walk around the resort some even though we were insanely tired from the drive down and being up all day/night. As we get up to stroll around a little a manager comes up to us and offers us a room to sleep in.. we can't check in yet but we can sleep and just check in when we wake up! OH THANK YOU!!! We are so happy and quickly take him up on the offer. 30 minutes later we are in the room and asleep!

No pics today since it was just the drive down but plenty for tomorrow....

Last edited by TheDisneyBunch; 10-15-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
TheDisneyBunch

Day 1! The trip officially begins!!!

So we wake up early and head down to "check in". All goes well and we head down to the boat to ride over to French Quarter to get some beignets for breakfast. We then strolled FQ for a bit and got on the boat to DTD. We stayed there til about lunch time and then decided we were ready for some Magic Kingdom..

Ethan is mad that we are taking the boat back..he says boats are slow.. we need a BUS!

We finally arrive in the MK! The first day here is always THE BEST! We spent the day riding rides, esp Haunted Mansion since we all love that, snacking, taking pics, trading pins, looking in the shops, etc...

It was an awesome day. Dinner was at LTT and that was nice as well. Ethan always gets his first real character interaction with them on the first night..

Here are some pics from the day...

oh wait..I lied..there was ONE pic from the drive down the day before...

Ethan cheesing..thinking good thought of being at Disney soon!

ok, back to day 1 pics..

haha... took this at French Quarter that morning..

Shopping around in DTD...

Finally at the MK!

Riding the Haunted Mansion...

and splash Mtn..

more to come....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
TheDisneyBunch

Wink I did tell you this was a pictorial report, right?? ;)

Hoping to be a princess...

Ethan in his new hat..

and that is the end of Day 1....
Old 10-08-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

You take great pictures.

I have never seen anyone get a picture with the hitching ghost. Great job.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
Baloo

Laughter is the bloom
of a happy heart
Italian pixie
**WARNING**
Wand is a wooden spoon!

Great pictures! The 3 inside the HM are awesome!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #6
the4princesses
WE LOVE DISNEY WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyBunch View Post
This shall be a pictorial report of sorts... I am feeling a little too lazy to type up the long in depth trip report as I did last year but I did want to share some pics and some random info about the trip so I shall just keep this short and to the point...

Sound good?

Great!!

So, the cast...

Myself-Amanda- MOM... lover of sweets (just check the food report for proof), photographer (at least I have been trying to be..hehe), pin trading nut (with all the cm's) and just all around Disney freak! I love it all!!

DH-Chris-DAD.. Haunted Mansion lover (he rode this so many times on this trip it was crazy) and lover of a good steak!

DS(5)-Ethan.. Lover of Disney transportation of all things. He is crazy over it!! Buses, monorails and sometimes the boats.. My mini pin trader!

My little one was left behind again this year with his grandparents. He loved that! He is NOT a fan of the heat, long car rides or being stuck in a stroller so this was not the time for him to go.. NEXT YEAR though!!

So.. we left on Friday (sept 12th) around 1:30pm when dh got home from school. We were so excited. I was so sad about leaving my little man behind but he was so happy to be going with his memommy that I was feeling a little better...

The drive down...well..it did not start off so great.. I thought something was telling us not to go for a while there. We started having car trouble almost right away. It is not going into gear just right and it keeps stalling and idling really low. I just knew it was going to leave us stranded some place. I then realize I left ALL my jewelry at home including my watch which just left me feeling naked..lol My mom and dad were calling my cell phone b/c Chirs' mom was not at home and she was supposed to get ds from my mom whiel she worked. She was running late, my dad was in a meeting and nobody was there to get my little man... So..all this is going on at one time and my once happy mood was turning south fast!!

As we are driving along I see a rainbow..just beautiful!! I joked to Chris that it was a sign of things looking up. Sure enough my dad calls and says he was able to get home to sit with Landon so my mom could go to work and we finally get ahold of g-ma and she just lost track of the time and was at the grocery store. All is well there.. The car finally started driving better after a couple of hours as well. I am still upset over the jewelry thing but I did find a pair of earings in the car so I had something..right??

Great, we are on the road..things are looking up..we are laughing and talking and playing the Nightmare Before Christmas on the ipod. All is good.

We make good timing and arrive in around 10:30pm. I had booked a hotel off site for that night through my cc. Well..it looked nice in the pics and was even a Disney Good Neighbor hotel.. We pull in and see a nice part of the hotel and then a crummy Inn connected to it. I joked to dh as I got out to check us in that they would try to stick us out there.. and sure enough THEY DID! I tell them that is not what I booked for but they say it is. They tell me I can pay more to stay in the tower if I like.. UMM..NO! So after much debate and over an hour later we get a refund and leave.. We refused to pay to stay in the rinky dink Inn..lol So, we head on over to Riverside and pray they can get us into a room by the early morning.

We arrive to smiling Disney faces around 12:30am. We are told they have a room ready for us but we can't check in til after 6am. We decide to just relaz in the lobby for a while and maybe walk around the resort some even though we were insanely tired from the drive down and being up all day/night. As we get up to stroll around a little a manager comes up to us and offers us a room to sleep in.. we can't check in yet but we can sleep and just check in when we wake up! OH THANK YOU!!! We are so happy and quickly take him up on the offer. 30 minutes later we are in the room and asleep!

No pics today since it was just the drive down but plenty for tomorrow....

Hi I just wanted to know what was the name of the Hotel you were going to stay in and it was not nice?? I had something like that happen to us in Sept.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Love, Love, Love, Love, Love, Love the pictures!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

WHOA! Those are some pictures!

THANK YOU for sharing them with us!

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Old 10-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
TheDisneyBunch

Thanks so much for the photo compliments guys. I had so much fun taking them..maybe too much..lol I ran out of cf card space and had to delete things to make room for the last couple of days..

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4princesses View Post
Hi I just wanted to know what was the name of the Hotel you were going to stay in and it was not nice?? I had something like that happen to us in Sept.
It was the Ramada Gateway! BLAH! Will never try to stay there again. They were certainly NOT Disney "good neighbors" imo!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #10
john398
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyBunch View Post
Thanks so much for the photo compliments guys. I had so much fun taking them..maybe too much..lol I ran out of cf card space and had to delete things to make room for the last couple of days..

It was the Ramada Gateway! BLAH! Will never try to stay there again. They were certainly NOT Disney "good neighbors" imo!
I think I stayed there back in the 80's and the water in the tub was so bad....

Enjoying your trip report and love your photos
Old 10-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #11
TheDisneyBunch

Day2.. More MK!

Today we planned to spend the whole day in the MK. We were up and there around 10am.. I really wanted to get there at opening but that just never seems to happen..lol We are so lazy in the am.

The first thing we HAD to do was ride the HM. After that we strolled around just enjoying the park. We rose the train, did storytime with Belle, saw all the princess' in toontown, had lunch at Pinocchios, met up with a friend to chat, etc.. About mid day Ethan came across the talking trashcan in Tomorroland and was REALLY amused by that. It was too cute watching him play around with it.

He was also sooo cute with the princess characters. He is SUCH a little prince around them. It was adorable.. He told them each that "you are a beautiful pincess"..lol He leaves the R out..

We planned to watch the 3pm parade but after waiting on it for 30 mins and only seeing one float we were too hot and decided to head back to the room for a break. We later had dinner at Whispering Canyon and hurried back to the park for the extra night hours, fireworks, etc.. We rode lots of rides this night and the park was near empty at times. It was A LOT of fun. Day 2 and no rain yet.. we are feeling pretty lucky thus far.

Pics from the day....

Last edited by TheDisneyBunch; 10-10-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #12
TheDisneyBunch

more photos from the day/night...

Gotta love how colorful tomorrowland is. I have always wanted a photo like this..lol

You rarely see this area empty..lol

Ok, I will stop there for Day 2.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #13
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

I can't get over how stunning your photos are. These could be promotional photos for Disney brochures!

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Old 10-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #14
jake&samsmom
Jordan's Mom too!

Hi Amanda! A few months ago, I read your entire TR from last year (in one sitting! LOL!) -- it was fabulous! I wasn't able to post a comment there as it was already moved on to the completed section. Please know that I really enjoyed it, and I think your photos are just fantastic! Thank you for sharing this new trip with us, I love, love, love your pictures!!!! And what an awesome photo of the HM ghost! I am looking forward to your next post.
Jen

Oct. '07 Photo Trip Report: My 6 and 4 year-old park commandos -- How we conquered the World!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1628926
July 2008 Photo Trip Report: They Tried to Make Me Go To Rehab, But I Said No, No, No!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post26362581

Last edited by jake&samsmom; 10-11-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #15
BrotherBear82
Earning My Ears

Great report!!!

We cannot get enough Disney..I so look forward to posting my first report on our return fron the Nov 08 trip...
WLV 8/2010 Grand Family Gathering

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: