Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Any discount on cruises for DVC members?

Dad and I have more or less decided to do the 12 night European capitals cruise in 2010 and I was just wondering if DVC members get any discount on Disney cruises when paying cash like we do on WDW room rates?

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
Young Pooh
DIS Veteran

As far as I am aware the answer is no.

Most DVC members tend to pay cash as the points rate is quite high and I have never heard of anyone getting a discount.

Aug 1996 - Offsite July 1998 - Buena Vista Palace Sept 2000 - CBR, WDW Aug 2001 - DH, DLP July 2002 - Wyndham Palace Aug 2002 - NPB, DLP Aug 2003 - our first visit home to BCV & BWV June 2004 - SL, DLP Sept 2005 - SL, DLP Aug 2006 - SL, DLP Sept 2007 - BCV & SSR Sept 2008 - SL, DLP Aug 2009 - SSR & HRH Aug 2010 - NY, villa & VB
Young Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

we used our DVC points for our cruise last year and it felt good not to part with cash. I guess it would be a lot of points for a 12 night cruise. Would love to do the european cruise so much as better value for people from the UK than USA as no air flights.

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #4
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Pooh View Post
As far as I am aware the answer is no.

Most DVC members tend to pay cash as the points rate is quite high and I have never heard of anyone getting a discount.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
mark&sue
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

David

Can't wait to read the trip report!!! You know how much I love your report and photos. Your reports are so good that it always feel I am with you on your holidays (and so much cheaper than actually going!)

Susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
Old 10-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
wickesy

You'll make me blush Susan.

I wanted to pick your brains actually as somebody who has done a Disney cruise - I have seen that when you make a booking you can choose your own cabin from whatever is available. Dad and I will be looking at the Deluxe Staterooms with Verandah so is there any deck that is preferable to the others, is the middle of the ship better or more towards the front or back?

I'm having enough trouble waiting for our two trips next year, Lord knows how I'm going to cope with waiting for this one if we do book it.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Actually, David, one way that you could do it (if you had enough points) is to use points to pay for one of you and pay for the other in cash. I do believe that, if you do it that way, the cash price is then (slightly) discounted.

As far as the best cabin, that is probably a question that is worth asking over on the DCL board.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #8
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
You'll make me blush Susan.

I wanted to pick your brains actually as somebody who has done a Disney cruise - I have seen that when you make a booking you can choose your own cabin from whatever is available. Dad and I will be looking at the Deluxe Staterooms with Verandah so is there any deck that is preferable to the others, is the middle of the ship better or more towards the front or back?

I'm having enough trouble waiting for our two trips next year, Lord knows how I'm going to cope with waiting for this one if we do book it.
Deck 5 or 6 near to the middle is best from what I understand

Claire
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc PBH 1nt May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV KV 13nts inc HRH 1nt Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #9
wickesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Actually, David, one way that you could do it (if you had enough points) is to use points to pay for one of you and pay for the other in cash. I do believe that, if you do it that way, the cash price is then (slightly) discounted.

As far as the best cabin, that is probably a question that is worth asking over on the DCL board.
Thanks Joh. I had thought about using points but I want to try and save as many as I can for 2011 for WDW's 40th birthday (and mine in June that year ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire L View Post
Deck 5 or 6 near to the middle is best from what I understand

Claire
Thanks Claire.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #10
mark&sue

When we used our DVC points we went for the best we could get with our points which was a family room with a verandah. Which was excellent. We were in the middle of the ship and never felt it move so did not feel sea sick at all. The verandah was such a bonus and well worth the extra points.

Unfortunately although we have 520 DVC points a year DH is fed up with Disney and feel we ought to get some use out of our place in Spain I therefore have to live my trips through everyone else's so I will be looking forward to all your trip reports.

Susan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: