Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 01:03 AM   #1
MickeyNikiNaka
I Dream About Disney
 
MickeyNikiNaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 275

My Pre-trip Report

Well Folks, once again it's past midnight, I have a full day of teaching tomorrow and yet I can't seem to pull myself away from the DIS boards. It has become worse than my Twilight series addiction (And I really, honestly and truly thought that nothing could be worse than my Harry Potter addiction...)

I have never done a trip report before so

I guess I should start this with how this trip came to be. My DE (Darling Eyore) works as an aircraft mechanical engineer meaning, he is never in the country! His last assignment was in Madagascar and they are notorious for keeping him away from home longer than originally projected (by weeks, its upsets me a great deal). I have been joking and bugging about going to Disneyland for some time now, I have never been so I try and use it in as many bets as possible. The night before DH left and I told him I would see him in way more than six weeks. He replied I bet you a trip to Disneyland I will not be in Madagascar for more than six weeks! Six weeks, one day and 14 hours later, I won my bet (He also had to go back for an additional six weeks and I decided that counted as well, seeing as how he clearly stated that he would not be in Madagascar for six weeks, he said nothing about them being consecutive)!

My Eyore as I so lovingly referr to him as finally agreed and my Disney dream is now a reality. Sine deciding to go, my best friend and her husband have joined our Disney adventure, making me even more excited. I have spend countless hours on the DIS boards, just learned what LGMHs were and am going to go find one ASAP. I have made a budget complete with Pie Charts showing Eyore how this is actually not going to cost us (well him) much at all! So when everything is said and done here is what we have for our plans so far:

Feb 14 Arrive at LAX 12:57 BFF and Hubby will have arrived evening before, plan on spending the day in LA doing touristy things. (Booked with the HOJO and was able to get the entertainment rate for every night but this one!!!)
Feb 15 Get up EARLY potentially Use MM with couple who is leaving day earlier than we are so cannot use MM on Thursday.
Feb 16 Disneyland
Feb 17 LA (we have tickets to the Lakers Game)
Feb 18 Possibly Disneyland/ Shopping / medieval times are also possibilities
Feb 19 Disneyland (especially if we havent used MM)
Feb 20 Fly home

So folks heres my question to you, My math may be off, it is late, but we were only planning on getting a three day pass, however, after surveying everything we were thinking that a five day may be more to our benefit, the difference in price we can justify and then we dont feel as though we are tied to the park for set days. If we wanted we could go for half the day on do sight seeing things the other half. What do you think about this?

This is my first time and I really want it to be magical. I have looked on most of the forums, have stolen and printed off Jades list of packing items, I have read the boards but I feel like I am still lacking in the knowledge department. Anything light you could shed on my Disney adventure would be greatly appreciated. OH I also plan on buying Ridemax, there are only two of us really going on rides (BFFs DH and myself) but we figured that if it helps it will be a real gem!


So, you veteran DLs what do you think of my plan so far? Where does it need tweaking?
MickeyNikiNaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:31 AM   #2
Krissy Marissy
I LOVE the MC!!! I eat one every trip!

Here on the Dis we're kinda like....enablers
 
Krissy Marissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNikiNaka View Post
Well Folks, once again it's past midnight, I have a full day of teaching tomorrow and yet I can't seem to pull myself away from the DIS boards. It has become worse than my Twilight series addiction (And I really, honestly and truly thought that nothing could be worse than my Harry Potter addiction...)

I have never done a trip report before so

I guess I should start this with how this trip came to be. My DE (Darling Eyore) works as an aircraft mechanical engineer meaning, he is never in the country! His last assignment was in Madagascar and they are notorious for keeping him away from home longer than originally projected (by weeks, its upsets me a great deal). I have been joking and bugging about going to Disneyland for some time now, I have never been so I try and use it in as many bets as possible. The night before DH left and I told him I would see him in way more than six weeks. He replied I bet you a trip to Disneyland I will not be in Madagascar for more than six weeks! Six weeks, one day and 14 hours later, I won my bet (He also had to go back for an additional six weeks and I decided that counted as well, seeing as how he clearly stated that he would not be in Madagascar for six weeks, he said nothing about them being consecutive)!

My Eyore as I so lovingly referr to him as finally agreed and my Disney dream is now a reality. Sine deciding to go, my best friend and her husband have joined our Disney adventure, making me even more excited. I have spend countless hours on the DIS boards, just learned what LGMHs were and am going to go find one ASAP. I have made a budget complete with Pie Charts showing Eyore how this is actually not going to cost us (well him) much at all! So when everything is said and done here is what we have for our plans so far:

Feb 14 Arrive at LAX 12:57 BFF and Hubby will have arrived evening before, plan on spending the day in LA doing touristy things. (Booked with the HOJO and was able to get the entertainment rate for every night but this one!!!)
Feb 15 Get up EARLY potentially Use MM with couple who is leaving day earlier than we are so cannot use MM on Thursday.
Feb 16 Disneyland
Feb 17 LA (we have tickets to the Lakers Game)
Feb 18 Possibly Disneyland/ Shopping / medieval times are also possibilities
Feb 19 Disneyland (especially if we havent used MM)
Feb 20 Fly home

So folks heres my question to you, My math may be off, it is late, but we were only planning on getting a three day pass, however, after surveying everything we were thinking that a five day may be more to our benefit, the difference in price we can justify and then we dont feel as though we are tied to the park for set days. If we wanted we could go for half the day on do sight seeing things the other half. What do you think about this?

This is my first time and I really want it to be magical. I have looked on most of the forums, have stolen and printed off Jades list of packing items, I have read the boards but I feel like I am still lacking in the knowledge department. Anything light you could shed on my Disney adventure would be greatly appreciated. OH I also plan on buying Ridemax, there are only two of us really going on rides (BFFs DH and myself) but we figured that if it helps it will be a real gem!


So, you veteran DLs what do you think of my plan so far? Where does it need tweaking?

First off...congrats on your disneyland trip! I am sure others will be along shortly to give you some great tips! I agree about the extra days on your pass if you can afford to do so. Plans often change and it is nice not to be stressed when issues arise.

The list Jade posted is quite extensive indeed! It helps remind you of things you wouldn't normally think of bringing to begin with.

Is there any specific questions you were hoping to get answered?
__________________
Me DH DS DD DS
Krissy Marissy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-08-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that
 
disneegrl4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smack dab in the middle of cali!!
Posts: 8,940

sounds good but I would wait to buy my tickets till after the first of the year because they usually do the "everyone pays for the kids price" during that time so you could might easily be able to pay the same amount for a 5 day as you would be paying for a 3 day...
__________________
disneegrl4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:40 AM   #4
Krissy Marissy
I LOVE the MC!!! I eat one every trip!

Here on the Dis we're kinda like....enablers
 
Krissy Marissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
sounds good but I would wait to buy my tickets till after the first of the year because they usually do the "everyone pays for the kids price" during that time so you could might easily be able to pay the same amount for a 5 day as you would be paying for a 3 day...
I believe they are offering that online right now.
__________________
Me DH DS DD DS
Krissy Marissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
MickeyNikiNaka
I Dream About Disney
 
MickeyNikiNaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy Marissy View Post
First off...congrats on your disneyland trip! I am sure others will be along shortly to give you some great tips! I agree about the extra days on your pass if you can afford to do so. Plans often change and it is nice not to be stressed when issues arise.

The list Jade posted is quite extensive indeed! It helps remind you of things you wouldn't normally think of bringing to begin with.

Is there any specific questions you were hoping to get answered?
Yes, actually I do have some specific questions, I guess I should specify these things! (I swear my brain isn't working like it should lately)

My question is regarding the actual passes into Disneyland. GAT only has the two magic morning passes for THIS year correct? Is it then Cheaper to go with ARES? Or, is not buying directly from Disney going to end up being a big headache?
MickeyNikiNaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #6
trodrigue
I finally figured out pictures!
It was rather momentous for me
 
trodrigue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Posts: 711

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNikiNaka View Post
Yes, actually I do have some specific questions, I guess I should specify these things! (I swear my brain isn't working like it should lately)

My question is regarding the actual passes into Disneyland. GAT only has the two magic morning passes for THIS year correct? Is it then Cheaper to go with ARES? Or, is not buying directly from Disney going to end up being a big headache?

Is there a Disney Store near where you live? They don't have the 09 tickets yet, but when they get them, if the pricing is all the same, I will go and buy my tickets there. They are the hard cards, which I prefer to vouchers.
trodrigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:00 AM   #7
MickeyNikiNaka
I Dream About Disney
 
MickeyNikiNaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodrigue View Post
Is there a Disney Store near where you live? They don't have the 09 tickets yet, but when they get them, if the pricing is all the same, I will go and buy my tickets there. They are the hard cards, which I prefer to vouchers.
I do have one that's somewhat close to me! Thanks, especially with the exchange rate I really think that might help me!
MickeyNikiNaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:38 AM   #8
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo
 
hurleysweety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,612

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNikiNaka View Post
Well Folks, once again it's past midnight, I have a full day of teaching tomorrow and yet I can't seem to pull myself away from the DIS boards. It has become worse than my Twilight series addiction (And I really, honestly and truly thought that nothing could be worse than my Harry Potter addiction...)
So here I am, really late at night attached to the DISboards and came across your pre-trip and I had to read it after reading your first sentence!! I also admit I had quite the addiction to harry potter as well! Haven't gotten into twilight yet, but I'm sure it will be a soon fav!

Your trip is going to be so much fun! Can't wait to hear about more plans and the actual trip. Couldn't help but ask, why will only you and BFF's hubby be going on the rides? Just curious
__________________
(me)... (DH)... (baby DD)... (Puppy Otis) --- "Your grace is enough for me" ---
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #9
MickeyNikiNaka
I Dream About Disney
 
MickeyNikiNaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
So here I am, really late at night attached to the DISboards and came across your pre-trip and I had to read it after reading your first sentence!! I also admit I had quite the addiction to harry potter as well! Haven't gotten into twilight yet, but I'm sure it will be a soon fav!

Your trip is going to be so much fun! Can't wait to hear about more plans and the actual trip. Couldn't help but ask, why will only you and BFF's hubby be going on the rides? Just curious


My DBF and BFF hate rides for some reason.... I've yet to figure that one out!
MickeyNikiNaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:58 AM   #10
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club
 
travelmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portland, OR (very near my own private Forks)
Posts: 2,993

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNikiNaka View Post
Well Folks, once again it's past midnight, I have a full day of teaching tomorrow and yet I can't seem to pull myself away from the DIS boards. It has become worse than my Twilight series addiction (And I really, honestly and truly thought that nothing could be worse than my Harry Potter addiction...)
Preaching to the choir babe! I'm in! Love the Dis, Love Twilight, and reading HP with my DD.
__________________


The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.



















"He Dazzles Me Frequently"
















{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}















In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #11
MickeyNikiNaka
I Dream About Disney
 
MickeyNikiNaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 275

Update... Kind of

Well, its been awhile, to say the very least but honestly there wasnt a lot to write about. However, these past few weeks have brought some interesting events!

Firstly, I checked back on the HOJO boards and discovered that I now have the entertainment rates for ALL, yes ALL of my days in DL! I know its not a huge deal, but its the small feats that keep me going! After I called the HOJO to ensure my new rates I called my BFF to tell her the good news as well. She called me back the next day and I wasnt able to answer the phone but it turned out that her DHs company didnt honor his requested time off and he was now going up to site the exact dates we were to be in DL. BFF and I have been very excited for this trip. Every time we get together the topic of our trip always seems to come up. For her not to come would be more than devastating! We still dont have this issue completely resolved but it looks like he will be able to switch with someone else so cross your fingers!

We decided that we were going to go with the five day passes just so we didnt have to worry about squeezing everything into three days. Less stress means a better trip! Were still looking into the shopping options around Anaheim but Im leaving that part more up to her as she is the die hard shopper! (Also, if anyone has any suggestions for great shopping, I am very open to listening!)

Avalon and Gisele were kind enough to help me out and get me some maps of the park as they dont mail them to Canadian residents apparently! So now I have a better feel for the parks and what they look like, the route the parade takes etc. Im still looking at the satellite images of the park, just so it feels a little more real, yeah, I know Im a dork!

The next big task is going to be getting our DL Park Passes. (A giant saga has occurred with this but I cant really get into it because I just dont have three days to tell you the back story in order for the incident to be funny, but trust me its awkwardly hilarious!) OK Ill sum it up! There was a guy whos now the manager of the store thinks Im married and Im not telling him otherwise! See, not as funny without the back story, but anyway, were going to get the passes right after Christmas. We were trying to get them earlier but frankly, life got in the way.

School is now officially done until January and Im working in an office answering phones for the next few days, so Im utilizing this time to really finalize my plans for the week. When I have all finished Ill definitely post it! Its getting so close that I can taste it!
MickeyNikiNaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #12
LucyDingo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Approximately 1500 miles from both Disneyland and WDW
Posts: 751

hello. I'm joining in. Your plans sound good so far. A 5-day pass was a good idea, I think.

You mentioned something about parade routes. Just so you know, there's a good chance there won't be any parades at Disneyland while you're there. They are repaving main street or something like that.
LucyDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #13
MickeyNikiNaka
I Dream About Disney
 
MickeyNikiNaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 275

I just read that too!

I have mixed feelings on that one I have to say... I've never been a fan of Parades, but it is DL after all!
MickeyNikiNaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.