Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Magic Christmas Cruise 2010 (Dec 18th - 29th) - ***UPDATED - post #411 ***

Hi!!!

**Update** For Important cruise information and updates please go to the following link.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=411

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!

Last edited by amystevekai≎ 08-08-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: UPDATE!!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
winnyis
When angels visit us, we do not hear the rustle of wings, nor feel the feathery touch of the breast of a dove; but we know their presence by the love they create in our hearts.

I have a request in with my TA for this one. I will be transferring ressie from a dummy date I booked onboard. Hopefully the prices wont be too outrageous like the Baltic ones are.

Ginny

August 2001 - Eastern, August 2002 - Western, November 2003 - Navigator of the Seas Western, August 2004 - Hurricane Francis 10 day Western, August 2005 - Panama Canal Repo Cruise, Sept 2006 - 10 Day Southern Carribean Wonder, November 2006 - Girls Only Carnival Cruise, March 2007 - 3 Day Wonder, Oct 2007- Girls Only RCI Soveriegn of the Seas, Nov 2007 - Thanksgiving on the Magic, August 2008 - Panama Canal Repo Cruise Again, October 2008 - Girls Only Carnival Inspiration, Oct 2009 - Girls Only Carnival Destiny, Oct , 2009 - Halloween on the Wonder; April , 2010 - Spring Break in Hawaii; Nov 2010 - Girls Only Carnival Destiny again; March 3, 2011, Disney Dream, August 16, 2011, Disney Dream

Upcoming Trips - June 2012 - 20th Anniversary trip to Maui and Oahu; June 27, 2013 - 12 Night Med cruise
winnyis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnyis View Post
I have a request in with my TA for this one. I will be transferring ressie from a dummy date I booked onboard. Hopefully the prices wont be too outrageous like the Baltic ones are.
Hi - I am the same, I've been talking to my TA last night and today as I am concerned about the cost.

We are transferring from a dummy date to hopefully a cat 6 - i'm just hoping we can afford it.

I was also looking at the 7 night Wonder cruise, but I really wanted the eastern itinerary, and as that is doing the western (typical!! ) we weren't so keen as we have been to Cayman and Mexico before.

Oh well - here's hoping the prices aren't too bad - have you ANY idea what they will be??

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #4
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

I'm also considering this cruise. I can't believe that DCL won't give us some idea on the rates before next Tuesday! (actually....I really am kind of mad about it...as much as I get mad about anything)

This cruise could be right up there with the Med/Baltic rates which are kind of scary looking. It might end up that a TransAtlantic WITH airfare could be around the same. That's what my hard decision will be on Tuesday.
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #5
msec
Earning My Ears

Smile

We are hoping to do this one also - as with all of you we are waiting to see prices first... We had hoped to do one of the Baltics - but they are a little steep and then when we add airfare for 4 plus a few days in London pre-cruise, excursions, etc - probably looking close to $20,000 if not more

We did the 10 night Christmas cruise back in 2006 and it was wonderful We spent Christmas day on CC and it was great! This cruise has a few different ports than the ones we visited in 2006 so that is exciting!!

Guess we all have to wait until next Tuesday!!
msec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msec View Post
We are hoping to do this one also - as with all of you we are waiting to see prices first... We had hoped to do one of the Baltics - but they are a little steep and then when we add airfare for 4 plus a few days in London pre-cruise, excursions, etc - probably looking close to $20,000 if not more

We did the 10 night Christmas cruise back in 2006 and it was wonderful We spent Christmas day on CC and it was great! This cruise has a few different ports than the ones we visited in 2006 so that is exciting!!

Guess we all have to wait until next Tuesday!!

Do you mind me asking what category you had and approximately what you paid per person so we could have some ball park figure to see if we can even think about affording this cruise. I'm afraid it's going to be higher than the Baltic, then what will I do?
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:31 AM   #7
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Hi there Deb & Jackie! and everyone else!

I'd love to do this cruise too but need to wait and see how much they're going to charge first...

Would be lovely to spend Christmas AND my Birthday onboard though....

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:05 AM   #8
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Hi Everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKANGEL View Post

I'd love to do this cruise too but need to wait and see how much they're going to charge first...

Would be lovely to spend Christmas AND my Birthday onboard though....

Snap, wouldn't it be great
Old 10-09-2008, 06:19 AM   #9
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squitty View Post
Hi Everyone

Snap, wouldn't it be great

Michelle, think it's just a dream but a girl can hope, eh?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #10
msec
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

Do you mind me asking what category you had and approximately what you paid per person so we could have some ball park figure to see if we can even think about affording this cruise. I'm afraid it's going to be higher than the Baltic, then what will I do?

Hi EllaEnchanted -

We sailed in a Cat 3 on that cruise - it was unbelievable . There were 5 of us - 2 adults and 3 children (all under 12) and if I remember right we paid around $15,000 or so - but we had booked that room back in 2004 for 2006 . We have sailed in Cat 11 since then and that is fine as well!! To give you another idea - we book a 7 day News Years Eve cruise on the Magic for this year and booked about 18 months out with the on-board booking discount and we are paying about $5,800 for 4 in cat 11.
msec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #11
squitty

Quote:
Michelle, think it's just a dream but a girl can hope, eh?
Mandy dreams can come true Believe I have emailed DU for a quote.

Last edited by squitty; 10-09-2008 at 10:08 AM.
squitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #12
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

ooooh might have to do that too Mich!

Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #13
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msec View Post
Hi EllaEnchanted -

We sailed in a Cat 3 on that cruise - it was unbelievable . There were 5 of us - 2 adults and 3 children (all under 12) and if I remember right we paid around $15,000 or so - but we had booked that room back in 2004 for 2006 . We have sailed in Cat 11 since then and that is fine as well!! To give you another idea - we book a 7 day News Years Eve cruise on the Magic for this year and booked about 18 months out with the on-board booking discount and we are paying about $5,800 for 4 in cat 11.

Thanks m......we usually sail in a cat 6.....just the two of us, me and DH. Since we're booking two years out I'm hoping for a great discount. I just hope it's not priced out of our doable list. One good thing is that it's not going to cost us any airfare.....we always drive to FL. Keeping my fingers crossed.....I really really want to do this cruise.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #14
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squitty View Post
Mandy dreams can come true Believe I have emailed DU for a quote.

Me too. I got a ressie number but no quote until 10/14. I'm impatiently waiting.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 10-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #15
squitty

Quote:
ooooh might have to do that too Mich!
I am surprised you have waited this long Mandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

Me too. I got a ressie number but no quote until 10/14. I'm impatiently waiting.
LOL's impatiently waiting, I like that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: