Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #1456
summersalt
DIS Veteran

oh, rats! I had a bad bus experience at Pop and won't go back there again. I felt as if I spent a third of my vacation waiting in line or standing on a bus! I really don't want to pay the extra money for moderate if the bus service is worst than value. Sounds like it's back to the drawing board for picking a resort. Please Disney give us some 2010 discounts so I can go deluxe!!!!!

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 09-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #1457
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
oh, rats! I had a bad bus experience at Pop and won't go back there again. I felt as if I spent a third of my vacation waiting in line or standing on a bus! I really don't want to pay the extra money for moderate if the bus service is worst than value. Sounds like it's back to the drawing board for picking a resort. Please Disney give us some 2010 discounts so I can go deluxe!!!!!
Unfortunately, choosing a resort based on reviews of bus service is not going to be very helpful because at any given time reviews can be read reporting "terrible" or "horrible" bus service, no matter the resort. There is not one resort without such reviews...we have stayed at almost every Disney resort and never had poor bus service other then some long waits at GF & Poly - but the deluxe resorts are notorious for long bus waits.

Bus service was great at FQ both stays and many visits. So, truly, best to chose a resort based on what you will enjoy about it and not on recent bus reviews -this will most surely change!

Happy planning!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #1458
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

thanks for the info! I love to stay in POFQ!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
Old 09-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #1459
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
one of the reasons we rent a car is that im a type A peep and just get too antsy waiting for the bus on regular basis when on vacation. that said, we often will take resort transportation to MK as it can take longer self-parking.

even when traveling off peak hours, can't say we've ever waited for a bus/boat much longer than 1/2 hour @ other resorts, yikes sorry to hear.
Opposite perspective for us -- We drive down and after driving for sixteen hours, dh is more than happy to leave the rest of the driving to them. We view the buses as part of the Disney experience. We get to chat with people, find out where they are from, impart some DIS wisdom to first timers, etc. If I recall correctly, the only long wait we had on our last trip was leaving AKL after lunch. We waited forever for a bus to come while we watched at least three of every other resort's buses come and go.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #1460
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Unfortunately, choosing a resort based on reviews of bus service is not going to be very helpful because at any given time reviews can be read reporting "terrible" or "horrible" bus service, no matter the resort. There is not one resort without such reviews...we have stayed at almost every Disney resort and never had poor bus service other then some long waits at GF & Poly - but the deluxe resorts are notorious for long bus waits.

Bus service was great at FQ both stays and many visits. So, truly, best to chose a resort based on what you will enjoy about it and not on recent bus reviews -this will most surely change!

Happy planning!!
You are absolutely right! I can't base my resort decision on bus service alone. I've been dying to stay at FQ since visiting it on my last trip. It's such a lovely place. I imagine the only time the bus service would be unpredictable would be at park close and that's to be expected. If it becomes too big of a problem, I can rent a car.

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 09-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #1461
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

Good decision. We has stellar service at POFQ and love it there. Never had a bus problem there. I presume it is hit and miss everywhere.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #1462
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
You are absolutely right! I can't base my resort decision on bus service alone. I've been dying to stay at FQ since visiting it on my last trip. It's such a lovely place. I imagine the only time the bus service would be unpredictable would be at park close and that's to be expected. If it becomes too big of a problem, I can rent a car.

I don't think you'll be disappointed - it is such a lovely place. And, if for some reason bus service is not what you hoped, try to remind yourself it could be worse at another resort ...or you could be standing uncovered at POP, rather at the lovely FQ bus stop (and the walk to FQ bus at the parks is not as far as POP).

Have a wonderful trip!!

Old 09-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #1463
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

I need to know is that which building is closer to the lobby?
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
Old 09-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #1464
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Jeany, part of bldg 4 is next to the lobby, but not all of bldg 4....some of that bldg is farther away.

Bldg 5 is a very good location! Close to the lobby, food court, bus, pool and boat to Downtown Disney!

Old 09-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #1465
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
I need to know is that which building is closer to the lobby?
After staying in some of the other resorts it is hard to picture how compact POFQ is. The lobby is within minutes of the furthest building. The only time #1 seemed to be a lifetime away was the night my DGD fell asleep in front of the castle and I carried her from there to the bus stop and all the way back to the resort which included a tour of SSR because the bus driver got confused. That night the walk was not fun but every other time it was lovely.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #1466
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Opposite perspective for us -- We drive down and after driving for sixteen hours, dh is more than happy to leave the rest of the driving to them. We view the buses as part of the Disney experience. We get to chat with people, find out where they are from, impart some DIS wisdom to first timers, etc. If I recall correctly, the only long wait we had on our last trip was leaving AKL after lunch. We waited forever for a bus to come while we watched at least three of every other resort's buses come and go.
i wish i could be so laid back, old commando habits die hardyet i am not a fan of standing on the buses so it's probably all for the best

our drive is 20+ hours or we probably would considering driving down, sure would be a money saver on rental car in MCO i'd think

OT DH & I really enjoyed a lovely weekend last spring in Gettysburgfor the visitor center's opening. Stayed in the Wyndham outside of town, only wish we had more time to explore.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #1467
planningcrazymom
Mouseketeer

Resort Activities?

In December when the parks close so early, does POFG have any activities for the kids? Or what do you disney experts do for fun?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #1468
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
OT DH & I really enjoyed a lovely weekend last spring in Gettysburgfor the visitor center's opening. Stayed in the Wyndham outside of town, only wish we had more time to explore.
I avoid Gettysburg as much as possible, especially during the summer. I haven't even eaten at the Dobbin House, can you believe it? We're fifteen miles west of Gettysburg in the next county, so we don't have much need of going into Gettysburg, except for outlet shopping.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #1469
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I avoid Gettysburg as much as possible, especially during the summer. I haven't even eaten at the Dobbin House, can you believe it? We're fifteen miles west of Gettysburg in the next county, so we don't have much need of going into Gettysburg, except for outlet shopping.
Are you in Fairfield?

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 09-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #1470
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey summersalt-I think I met you in May at BTMR!! We stayed at POFQ that week ( & 2 other times besides) & have NEVER had issues with the bus service there. It is our favorite resort & lets just say I am very fussy!! Granted we have not stayed at a deluxe yet but just love POFQ!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: