Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #1441
Mickdeb
DIS Veteran

We recently returned on 8/25 from a week at POFQ and found the buses to be great! We never waited more than 5-8 minutes going from the resort to the parks. This was usually around 9:00AM give or take 15 minutes. Leaving MK after fireworks on 8/22 the line was a mile long (out of the que and down the side to the next resort), but I must say approaching the bus stop, every resort's que was packed, with lines extending beyond their ques. Buses were coming fast and furious, but what can you do when thousands leave a park at the same time. We actually walked over to the Contemporary and grabbed a cab and were home in 10 minutes. Best $17.00 I spent all week.

Our Epcot night after Illuminations, there was a bus waiting, we got on, waited about 3 minutes to fill the bus and were home by 9:40. We did watch Illuminations from the area right at the entrance to World Showcase (Mickey's Mom Event), so we were ahead of a lot of other folks. I had actually checked out where the cabs were on our way in, because I figured we would just take one home, but we were lucky. As they say timing is everything.

We had a great stay and as you can see we've stayed at all kinds of resorts. The food court was never overly crowded, the pool was great, always a chair available. The resort was sold out during our stay. Mousekeeping was great.
One day, the coffee pot had not been cleaned and there was no coffee, so on the way to the food court, I saw our housekeeper and asked for some coffee packets, it had been her day off and a new housekeeper covered "her" guest rooms. I must say though overall the room was neat and clean even that day. I would love to stay here again. No complaints. Check in was a breeze, my daughter was given balloons, beads and a stuffed Minine when the CM heard about her celebration.

Sorry for the lengthy remarks. I wasn't intending to do a review.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #1442
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
she keeps saying she's going in January...so that wouldn't be bounceback.

take it all with a grain of salt
You're sounding very judgemental, especially for somebody who hasn't read all of her posts. She said she's going in January and then again on a bounceback on August. Somebody asked if she was just assuming she'd get free dining in August and she stated that she was going on a bounceback. She hasn't contradicted herself so why would you assume she doesn't know what she's talking about or that she's making things up? I prefer to assume that people are being honest about these things and nobody is being hurt if they're not since no misinformation is being spread. Be nice.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #1443
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

Thanks for the info! Because we didn't stay in POFQ before and I really like to read it the review of this hotel!

Last edited by jeanylaser; 09-02-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #1444
Mickdeb
DIS Veteran

Your welcome Jeany. This was our first stay here and I enjoyed reading reviews before we went, I found this thread very helpful.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #1445
Mickdeb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The poster mom2taylorandemily mentioned she booked bounceback free dining for aug.2010, not the poster you are quoting. This poster was just asking if there was free dining for January 2010. Look back at the thread and you will see.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #1446
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Oh good grief. Y'all stop your bickering. I only asked because I didn't know there were already bounceback offers for a year from now or that they included free dining. Play nice please!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #1447
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Hi All!! I'm the one who posted about the Free Dining offer in August of 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I'm curious -- Are you just assuming there will be free dining since this has been true for the past several years? Or do you actually have free dining already as part of the package you booked?
Yes, I was able to book a Bounce Back based on my Free Dining Trip that I had this year. My trip is booked with a Deposit on it for 10 days in Aug. 2010, at POFQ for Free Dining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
She said earlier that she has a bounceback which for the second half of August would be free dining.
This is correct, thank you for answering for me in my absense!

Quote:

Not Me, that is someone else, but there is no harm in asking if free dining is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Patience, kindness and understanding would be nicer.
I agree, patience will go a long way!! Kindness is easy if you just try.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #1448
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

wow I come back to all this! impressive!

I stand corrected and apparently there was some confusion.

I'll take my salt and save it for some margaritas lol I'll be sure to save you guys some as a peace offering.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #1449
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

As a follow up to my earlier post about bus servce at POFQ...

I'm the sort of guest who enjoys taking the bus even though drivng may be faster. I've been accused before of being a WDW apologist. Yet I would be remiss if I didn't say there was a problem with POFQ bus service -at least over a period of time this past May-June. After reading here and other places I suspect it is not quiet that isolated.

Some of the gory details for me: On our DHS day (the Thursday after Memorial Day) we arrived at the POFQ station over an hour before park opening. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to arrive. When it did arrive there were three busloads of people waiting, including at leats three folks on ECVs. Because there is no queue we were muscled out of a spot on that first load. It took several mnutes for the next bus to come, which we did make but lots of guests did not. The result was that we missed the opening at DHS, and had to get in on the tail end of the TSMM stampede. That sort of ticked me off because it cramped my FP style all day long.

That same day we were leaving DHS for an afternoon break after the parade. Again there were three busloads of people waiting. It was very hot and the stops at DHS don't provide shade for large numbers of people. After waiting 30 minutes we got on the third bus. Some guests were really freaking out because they had been waiting so much longer than we had been.

I can't chalk this up to just being a bad day because I experienced long waits, but thankfully less stressful and harrowing, throughout my vacation. As I mentioned earlier I have ridden many many Disney buses but have never ever been subjected to anything like this.
Don't count me out as a cynic though. We still had a great vacation, and I look forward to our next WDW vacation. But I'll certainly be more wary of bus service until proven wrong. I thought it was only fair to share that along with the many good things about POFQ.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #1450
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Zippa D Doodah - If I had experienced your bus woes I would have written a completely different report on them than I have been able to write here. I am glad it didn't sour you completely on POFQ!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 09-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #1451
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
POFQ I know has refrigerators, but I am not sure if the moderates have the same size as the deluxe resorts (such as WL).

Does the POFQ gift shop sell milk in containers and what size are they ?

Do they fit into the POFQ resort room refrigerator ?
The Port Orleans fridges are actually larger than the one we have at the Beach Club at the moment (which came as a problem, as I couldn't fit my gallon bottle of apple juice brought over from POR into our BC fridge). At POR you will easily fit a couple of half-gallon milk cartons in the door compartment, or even gallon cartons inside. You can buy up to half-gallons at the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigkahuna View Post
I have a small DVD player (not a laptop style portable, but a player that connects to the TV) would the TV in the room at POFQ accomodate this type of player? (it has the 3 plug type - black, red & yellow)
I'd love to be able to wind down at night with a few of my favorite DVD's.

Along those lines, is there a pay-per-view Disney movie channel at POFQ??
Yes, there are 3 x phono A/V input sockets on the front of the TVs, but no there isn't any pay-per-view service, just the supplied channels.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-03-2009, 04:16 AM   #1452
SnowWhite33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The Port Orleans fridges are actually larger than the one we have at the Beach Club at the moment (which came as a problem, as I couldn't fit my gallon bottle of apple juice brought over from POR into our BC fridge). At POR you will easily fit a couple of half-gallon milk cartons in the door compartment, or even gallon cartons inside. You can buy up to half-gallons at the shop.

Yes, there are 3 x phono A/V input sockets on the front of the TVs, but no there isn't any pay-per-view service, just the supplied channels.
Andre
Thank you for this information Andre, DH really hates the limited channels at Disney, on the other hand it's the only place we watch Lifetime movies because of the lack of options And some of those are really not too bad.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:49 AM   #1453
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Girl2 View Post
We always bring a shoe organizer with us & I would NOT leave home without it. I hang it up by the sinks & I keep everything in there.

Disneyfan61 - Where do you hang your shoe organizer? I have also started carrying one everytime I travel. Our last trip we had adjoining rooms at POP, so we hung it on the adjoining door that we left open, but I'm not sure where it will hang at POR since we only have 1 room.
I hang it right on the bars by the sinks. The organizer touches the floor a little bit but that is fine. It works out really great for us.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #1454
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

one of the reasons we rent a car is that im a type A peep and just get too antsy waiting for the bus on regular basis when on vacation. that said, we often will take resort transportation to MK as it can take longer self-parking.

even when traveling off peak hours, can't say we've ever waited for a bus/boat much longer than 1/2 hour @ other resorts, yikes sorry to hear.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #1455
thebigkahuna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Andre
wonderful! I will pack the DVD player!! thanks!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: