Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:00 AM   #1411
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
Do you think the shelf above the sink is big enough to hold one of those $1.00plastic shoe bins? (The kind Wal-Mart sells for $1.00 with a lid that you can put a pair of shoes in.) I was thinking of putting toiletries in that and just leaving it set on that shelf if it would fit.

Donna
i take 2 of these (moreso the type with swinging lids) and typically place them on shelves or floor under sink when traveling. I never truly unpack them...family is trained to use something & put it back with exception of toothbrushes, combs, deoderant, etc.. Not much counter space @ POR it appears so we should be good to go.

fyi, i just fill them up & leave most of our travel stuff inside from trip to trip, naturally replacing when something expires etc. and i haven't had any incidents of leaking, etc. travel well on plane.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #1412
Georgia Girl2
"Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Shoe organizer question

We always bring a shoe organizer with us & I would NOT leave home without it. I hang it up by the sinks & I keep everything in there.

Disneyfan61 - Where do you hang your shoe organizer? I have also started carrying one everytime I travel. Our last trip we had adjoining rooms at POP, so we hung it on the adjoining door that we left open, but I'm not sure where it will hang at POR since we only have 1 room.
: '00 AASP, '03 POP Grand Opening, '04 off site (never again!) '05 ASMU,
'07 PO Riverside, '08 POP, '09 PO Riverside, '11 CSR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #1413
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I don't think it would be deep enough. Long enough, yes. We always leave our toiletries out on that shelf with no problems.
That's what I was thinking - long enough but not deep enough. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 AM   #1414
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
i take 2 of these (moreso the type with swinging lids) and typically place them on shelves or floor under sink when traveling. I never truly unpack them...family is trained to use something & put it back with exception of toothbrushes, combs, deoderant, etc.. Not much counter space @ POR it appears so we should be good to go.

fyi, i just fill them up & leave most of our travel stuff inside from trip to trip, naturally replacing when something expires etc. and i haven't had any incidents of leaking, etc. travel well on plane.
We decided to drive instead of fly this trip - YEAH! Haven't done a road trip in years and I'm actually looking forward to it. Anyway I was thinking since I don't have to worry about the toiletries leaking out, I would put them in one of those plastic boxes to make everything more easily accessible for us. I like the kind you're talking about with the flip top.

Donna
Old 09-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #1415
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

Good point! POFQ is perfect place for my 38th birthday!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #1416
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Well, I did it! After changing my mind about a thousand times, I finally booked POFQ for our next trip in June 2010. I was booked at All Star Sports with the QS dining plan but I decided to drop the dining and upgrade the resort. Now, I'm hoping for some kind of discount so I can add the dining back on. Get me excited about POFQ. Tell me all good things.

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 09-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #1417
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Well, I did it! After changing my mind about a thousand times, I finally booked POFQ for our next trip in June 2010. I was booked at All Star Sports with the QS dining plan but I decided to drop the dining and upgrade the resort. Now, I'm hoping for some kind of discount so I can add the dining back on. Get me excited about POFQ. Tell me all good things.

Welcome! The very best resource for POFQ is Andre's website tribute - you will learn so much and see oodles of great photos!

www.portorleans.org

Enjoy!!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #1418
Overthemoon
Mouseketeer

Do all of the rooms/buildings have parking that isn't too far away?

thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #1419
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overthemoon View Post
Do all of the rooms/buildings have parking that isn't too far away?

thanks!
Yes, nowhere is too far away at POFQ. All of the buildings have car parks pretty much adjacent to some part of them except 2 and 5, and those are only a short walk away. I shot a load of video walking around FQ today which I hope to edit up for my site at some point.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-02-2009, 06:26 AM   #1420
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, nowhere is too far away at POFQ. All of the buildings have car parks pretty much adjacent to some part of them except 2 and 5, and those are only a short walk away. I shot a load of video walking around FQ today which I hope to edit up for my site at some point.

Andre
Can't wait to see that video! DH and I are so excited about our trip in October. It will be our first stay at POFQ. We've wanted to stay there and finally it's happening!

Donna
Old 09-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #1421
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Question Size of milk in POFQ refigerators

POFQ I know has refrigerators, but I am not sure if the moderates have the same size as the deluxe resorts (such as WL).

Does the POFQ gift shop sell milk in containers and what size are they ?

Do they fit into the POFQ resort room refrigerator ?

Thanks !
Old 09-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #1422
MonkersMama
Mouseketeer

We just got back on Sunday night stayed 8/22-8/29 in room 5142 (courtyard view), it was a perfect spot, super close to the pool and laundry, but on the back side of the Building 5. The kids loved ripping around on the courtyard grass with other kids. It was close to the bus stop (I'll get to the bus situation in a moment). The room was super comfy, we had a terrific mousekeeper (Shirley). Luggage services were FAST (10 min) when we left, a little slow when we arrived (90 min).

I loved all things about POFQ. I had an accident on Thurs where I smashed the trunk of the car on my finger, gross alert...bled all over the parking lot, my car, etc. Velma at the front desk was AWESOME with my kids - she got me what I needed, then redirected them and kept them occupied. She thought I was going to pass out, so she called 911, even though I told her it was not a 911 call. She gave the kids stuffed animals and beads and stickers and kept them by the tv in the lobby. The emergency services came within about 5 minutes, bandaged me up and we went on our way.

What I did NOT like about POFQ was the bus transportation. There was simply not enough at the end of the night. One night we waited 1 hour at MK, and another night we waited 2+ hours (in the rain, with a puking kid) and finally gave up!! We took a ferry to Wilderness Lodge, then a bus to DTD, and since it was pushing nearly 3 hours since we left the park, our FABULOUS bus driver (her name was Eff) went out of her way to ask dispatch if she could deliver us directly to POFQ, rather than get off at DTD and take yet another bus to POFQ. I was so fed up that night, literally in tears, and very appreciative that she went out of her way to help us while we hauled our two kids, stroller, and our gear out of the rain. YAY for Eff.

Similarly, there is no organization at the POFQ bus stop, no ropes or anything to indicate a line. On one occasion we were there with a handful of people and then a mad rush of people came and we realized we were not going to get on that bus, despite being there first. People just don't care. We ended up driving that day and used our AAA Diamond parking pass.

The Jackson Square gift shop does sell small bottles of milk. I'm going to say they are 1L and cost about $2.89, and they fit in the fridge.

November 2007 ~ POP ~ DS 4th birthday
August 2009 ~ POFQ ~ Our 10th Anniversary
November 2011 ~ POFQ ~ Happy Graduate School Graduation for me! ~ DS 8th birthday ~ SIL birthday ~ It's turning into a PARTY!!!
November 2013 ~ POFQ ~ DS 10th birthday ~ Mickey's Jingle Jangle 5K
January 2014 ~ All Star Sports ~ My First Half Marathon
Old 09-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #1423
scmustang88
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the information.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #1424
thebigkahuna
DIS Veteran

I tried a seach for this, but didnt come up with anything
I know I can't be the only one to have asked this though!

I have a small DVD player (not a laptop style portable, but a player that connects to the TV) would the TV in the room at POFQ accomodate this type of player? (it has the 3 plug type - black, red & yellow)
I'd love to be able to wind down at night with a few of my favorite DVD's.

Along those lines, is there a pay-per-view Disney movie channel at POFQ??

Old 09-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #1425
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
We stayed at POFQ for the first time this past May. It is the prettiest and most relaxing of the mods IMO, after having stayed in them all. We were in bldg 5, just a few steps from the food court and pool. There were no noise issues at any time during our stay. The water taxi to DtD was fun and relaxing. CMs at desk and in foodcourt were top-notch every single time I interacted with one.

The only bad part (and this is a biggie IMO) was the absolutely horrendous bus service we experienced throughout the entire week. Heading to parks or returning to the resort, it didn't matter. It was not unsual to wait 45+ minutes to board a bus at any given queue. By the end of the week we just quit worrying about it and laughed, because there wasn't one thing we could do about it. Maybe it was a bad week for the whole system or maybe it was POFQ-specific, but in my many visits I have never ever experienced such consistently poor bus service.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: