Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #1351
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon girl View Post
Thanks! I will ask. I would imagine that if they did, they would probably add some more veggies. As you said, it is the olive salad that is the most important. We are going to POFQ on the spur of a moment trip. We booked this morning with free dining and have to have our ADRs to our TA in 1 1/2 weeks. I haven't been to WDW since the 90s, so I am a little overwhelmed!!!

I have not been back since 1987, I think. All the changes overwhelmed me adn the best thing I did was to stumble onto the DIS.

Head over here:

http://allears.net/din/dining.htm

for the menus. When you decide what parks you are doing on which days then you can narrow your dining choices down so that you are not spending too much time traveling all over the World to eat. Don't be overwhelmed, once I remembered that we were on vacation not on a World marathon the planning was fun.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #1352
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Canyon Girl - Even if you don't get all the ADRs you think you need or want, let me tell you that the food court at POFQ is really quite good. More than any other resort we have stayed at we will opt to eat a meal there and cancel our ADR sometimes!

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 AM   #1353
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Canyon Girl - Even if you don't get all the ADRs you think you need or want, let me tell you that the food court at POFQ is really quite good. More than any other resort we have stayed at we will opt to eat a meal there and cancel our ADR sometimes!

I hope you have a wonderful trip!
I just thought about Boatwrights down at POR. The food was good, the service too! We took the boat which was a nice ride as well. I think that the "out of the way" resorts are not booked as quickly and they really are good. Boatwrights was our arrival dinner, it was close by and gave us the chace to just realx and enjoy the resort, take Kady swimming and recover from getting ready for Christmas and packing before being able to take the vacation.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #1354
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

What is POFQ size wise in relation to ASMu. Smaller, bigger, more compact? I'm trying to decide whether or not to stay. Was going to go deluxe on the next trip, but my step dad has some issues with walking distances, so the easier the walk at the resort the less likely he'll wear himself out before he even gets to the parks. We stayed prefered at ASMu and the walk was not to hard on him to get to the bus, the car, or the food court. I just need to get a comparison in my mind so I can make the best choice.

Thanks.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW/US (in planning)

Old 08-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #1355
Hootch
DIS Veteran

Pofq

is significantly smaller than the All Star Resorts. We haven't stayed at ASMu but have stayed at ASMo and they are pretty close to the same size. We stayed in a preferred room at ASMo and the walk to the buses, the food court and the parking lot were at least twice as long for each compared to POFQ. Stay in Bldg 5 or 4 to be near these. This past trip we were on the end of Bldg 5 near the food court. The food court, bus stops and parking lot (and the pool) were a couple of minutes away walking with a six year old who never seems to be in a hurry.

As a comparison, POFQ has half as many rooms as ASMu
Old 08-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #1356
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

I requested building 4 because it's closer to the lobby and the bus stop! And I can't wait to celebrate my 38th birthday in January 14, 2010 at POFQ

Old 08-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #1357
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
What is POFQ size wise in relation to ASMu. Smaller, bigger, more compact? I'm trying to decide whether or not to stay. Was going to go deluxe on the next trip, but my step dad has some issues with walking distances, so the easier the walk at the resort the less likely he'll wear himself out before he even gets to the parks. We stayed prefered at ASMu and the walk was not to hard on him to get to the bus, the car, or the food court. I just need to get a comparison in my mind so I can make the best choice.

Thanks.
If your father has medical issues, try calling 407-939-7807 #1 - this is Disney Resorts special needs - they have been wonderful and helpful to us. Hope this helps.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #1358
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

WE were in bldg 4 and loved it as I cannot do long distances either. It was perfect...
Old 08-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #1359
jeanylaser

Me too! I love building 4 I hope my mom will requested it!

Last edited by jeanylaser; 08-20-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #1360
PrincesCJM
DIS Veteran

My husband and I stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon August 8-16. We had reserved a king bedroom and got a fabulous room on the river. The photos of the room were taken a day or two after we arrived so the room is lived in. More photos to come tomorrow from around the resort.

Our room number - Building 6

Our shade is open

View from the corner of the room, by the two windows

By the door

From the bathroom

We come back from a park and had this guy waiting for us

Views from the room

I also posted this in the French Quarter Pictures Thread so for some of you, this may be a duplicate post.
Two trips as a child 5/04 - Offsite 8/07 - Offsite/ASSp. DH's first trip. 8/09 - POFQ for honeymoon. 4/11 - Pop Century for our 3rd trip together! 7/11 - Offsite for STS-135 Launch seen from KSCVC 7/13 - Pop Century. DS's first trip! 4/2015 - ASMo

Old 08-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #1361
Canyon girl
Disney Homeschool Mom

Thanks guys for the comforting words about not running all over the world. We are definitely NOT going to do that. We are looking for "relaxing" fun if you know what I mean. I got my list of TS restaurants together and emailed them to my TA. I have one special one that I am going to stay up all night a week from tomorrow night to get. We are in the Pacific zone, and I am better at 3:01 am if I stay up all night instead of getting just a few hours sleep. This is a belated B Day trip for DD, so I want just the right places. I was toying between CRT and Akerhaus the morning that we leave. I decided to go Akerhaus because I didn't want to deal with TSA and a toy sword in carry on luggage. I have a really great TA, so I am not worried about the other ADRs. I already have tickets for MVMCP (arrived yesterday), so I am just about ready. I haven't been to POR since they were two separate resorts. I am really looking forward to staying at POFQ!!! The kids are excited about the pool and the boat to DTD!!! Also, Nancyg56, does Boatrights still have the great rolls???

Give me a Dole Whip and a Churro, and I'm a happy camper!

My Little Corner of the Internet

DLR - NYE 1990/1991, WDW - 1991/1992, WDW - 1996, DLR DLH CL - Sept. 2007, DLR GCH - Oct. 2008, DLR DLH - Feb. 2009, WDW CR Tower - Nov/Dec 2009, DLR HOJOs/GCH - Nov. 2010 for 15th Anniversary!!! DLR PPH - Feb 2011 Mom & Kids Trip May 2011 - Star Tours Preview Event DLR PPH - Sept. 2011
Old 08-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #1362
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Canyon Girl- I don't know about the rolls. I have to tell you that we had our first meal there last December. The corn bread was placed on the table and my meal planning was done! It was so good. Then we ordered the warm sweet potato salad and I was in Heaven! I did not expect to like the food as much as I did, it was a wonderful surprise, just as Shutters in CBR was.

My DD had the Jambalaya which was very good. I tried it and swooned. DSIL and I had the filet Mignon and it was also really good. I loved the cheesy hash brown potatoes. FOr a gal trying to stay on WW I was between a rock and a yummy place....how to not eat both the potato salad and the cheesy potatoes

The only thing that I really was not crazy about was the bananas foster angel cake. It was okay but I would not order it again. DD had the apple pie which was very good. I was sorry that I did not go for the chocolate cake.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #1363
jeanylaser

that's awesome pictures!

Old 08-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #1364
winterman
DIS Veteran

PrincesCJM, great pictures! We'll be heading there in 3 1/2 weeks after our 5 night stay at ASMu.

1976, 8/1990 offsite (DS and DD's first trip), 11/1995 Disney's Village Resort, 9/1997 CSR (first trip just the two of us), 9/2000 POFQ, 9/2002 offsite, 5/2004 offsite with adult kids, 9/2005 Pop, 9/2006 Pop, 5/2008 offsite, 9/2009 ASMu/POFQ, 4/2010 Pop, 10/2011 Pop (last trip for DH), 12/2012 POR (first solo trip), 7/2013 POR (with DD, DSIL, and DGS!), 11/2013 POFQ (with DS!),11/2014 POFQ (with DS!), 4/2015 ASMo (with DD, DSIL, DGS), 11/2015 POFQ

Old 08-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #1365
LDCruiser
Sharing the Good Life

Nancyg56,
On our last to WDW we cancelled an ADR as we want something closer to when we were staying, CBR. We walked right up a 7PM to Shutter and was seated within 4 minutes, It was a wonderful suprise. The service and the food was great. So we are schedule an ADR this coming trip at Shutter.
This is our first trip to WDW during the Christmas Season and are so excited for our up coming Anniv and Birthdays.
I have been sitting in the background, lurking and want to thank everyone for the tips and sharing the great photos. We are so excited to experience the POFQ after all we have read.

Thank, again all
May 2005 Disney Cruise Lines (7 Day Western Carib)
April 2008 W.D.W (CBR)
April 2008 Disney Cruise Line ( 7 Day Eastern Carib)
December 2009 W.D.W - POFQ
December 2010 - POFQ
September 2011 - CSR
March 2012 - (7 Western Caribbean Cruise)
September 2012 CSR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: