Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #886
lucky978
Mouseketeer
Looks like there is hope for you now!
Signed, The Tag Fairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britgirlus View Post
8 days until we're there !! I just had a practice at posting photos, so if I get a chance, I can post some while I'm there. Here's what ds5 wrote about our upcoming trip (spelling isn't his best subject)

Very sweet! I hope you enjoy your trip!

April, 2009 - POFQ
February, 2008 - POR
September, 2006 - 10th Anniv trip to WL
June, 2005 - POR
December, 2004 - Offsite house
April, 2004 - POFQ
October, 2003 and Sept. 1997 - Offsite houses
October, 1984 - Offsite @ Royal Plaza
Old 05-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #887
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awwwwwwwwwww
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #888
Lady SnowElla
Mouseketeer

I have a couple questions about the recreational activities as my DDs & I will be staying at POFQ for ten nights starting June 30. I know that the sea raycers are available but do they still have the pedal boats available for rental?
Also, I have read about the carriage rides but does anywhere at POR or POFQ have bicycle rental?
Thanks
Old 05-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #889
stpetedisneydad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady SnowElla View Post
I have a couple questions about the recreational activities as my DDs & I will be staying at POFQ for ten nights starting June 30. I know that the sea raycers are available but do they still have the pedal boats available for rental?
Also, I have read about the carriage rides but does anywhere at POR or POFQ have bicycle rental?
Thanks
I don't recall seeing pedal boats. I know they have 2 and 4 seat pedal "cars" at POR, not sure about regular bikes.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #890
tgrundy
Mouseketeer

We are going to POFQ in 39 days. This will be our first stay here. Last time we were at POR which we loved so It will be interesting to see the comparison.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #891
Britgirlus
Mouseketeer

Food court question

We'll be there on Saturday - this is going to be a LONNNNG week !! I was wondering what kind of sweeteners they have available in the food court (or in the rooms ?) I use Splenda in my hot tea - do they have it our should I pack some ? Also - teabags - do they have just plain black tea or flavored stuff (yuck !) ?? THANKS !!!! I'm quite happy to pack my own, but don't want to if I don't have to
Old 05-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #892
Twinkly-Tink
Mouseketeer

Pool Towels??

I know that there are pool towels by the pools - do you just help yourself or do you have to leave a deposit of some kind?

Also, if you don;t leave a deposit and you take them to a water park could you leave them there rather than bring them back? (it's all Disney propety??) - just wondering in case we want to hop over to a different park.

Thanks

Me 42 DH 41 Barney 14

Old 05-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #893
Britgirlus
Mouseketeer

Internet access

I know you can access the Internet from POFQ - and presume this is available in all rooms. How easy is this and how does this work (the getting connected part, that is). My dad (in England) is very sick, and I really need to be sure that I'll be able to be in touch with my family over there while on vacation - I can call them on a calling plan on my cell phone, but other than calling the resort, they would have no other way of contacting me than e-mail. THANKS !!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #894
ThisMomLuvsDisney
Mouseketeer

10 days and counting

Cannot wait to get back to POFQ, we love it there

I have a few questions that I am hoping some recent DIS vacationers can help me with

I thought I remembered seeing something or reading something about a wireless internet "hot spot" in the registration lobbly (where the sofas are) at POFQ???? Am I just dreaming or is this possibly true ??? I would love to be able to check/send e-mail once a day from my laptop, so this would be awesome!

I would also be interested to know if my favorite poolside bartenders are still working there, Shelley and John, they are the best

Can't wait for next Thursday!!!!

Me DH DS 21 DD 17

Old 05-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #895
familyatdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkly-Tink View Post
I know that there are pool towels by the pools - do you just help yourself or do you have to leave a deposit of some kind?

Also, if you don;t leave a deposit and you take them to a water park could you leave them there rather than bring them back? (it's all Disney propety??) - just wondering in case we want to hop over to a different park.

Thanks
I was there last week. Pool towels are available at the pool and no deposit is necessary.

Can not answer your 2nd question but can tell you I did bring back some pool towels to my room by accident and nobody said anything.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #896
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMomLuvsDisney View Post
10 days and counting

Cannot wait to get back to POFQ, we love it there

I have a few questions that I am hoping some recent DIS vacationers can help me with

I thought I remembered seeing something or reading something about a wireless internet "hot spot" in the registration lobbly (where the sofas are) at POFQ???? Am I just dreaming or is this possibly true ??? I would love to be able to check/send e-mail once a day from my laptop, so this would be awesome!

I would also be interested to know if my favorite poolside bartenders are still working there, Shelley and John, they are the best

Can't wait for next Thursday!!!!
Hey neighbor (I'm in NH) we will be checking in a day after you I believe. We arrive on the 22nd. Can't wait!!
Old 05-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #897
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady SnowElla View Post
I know that the sea raycers are available but do they still have the pedal boats available for rental?
Yes to both questions, they are available from the Riverside Levee marina area at POR - see www.portorleans.org/rentals.php for full details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkly-Tink View Post

Towel pickup is free, and I quite often keep a towel wrapped around me as I walk back to the room. Officially they should be returned at the resort (can be left in the room for housekeeping to collect if you wish) but I do wonder who would stop you taking them to a water park.... I seem to remember that the water park towels looked different, but I've not been to one for ages so could be totally wrong.

Quote:
I know you can access the Internet from POFQ - and presume this is available in all rooms. How easy is this and how does this work (the getting connected part, that is). My dad (in England) is very sick, and I really need to be sure that I'll be able to be in touch with my family over there while on vacation - I can call them on a calling plan on my cell phone, but other than calling the resort, they would have no other way of contacting me than e-mail. THANKS !!
Several things here:

First, the internet connection is very easy - just plug in the ethernet cable (provided in the room) to your laptop and start your browser and it will prompt you to confirm that you wish to pay for 24 hours' connection, it's really that simple. See www.portorleans.org/internetaccess.php.

However, the room telephones have voicemail, so your folks could also call you at the resort very easily, once you give them your room number.

Also, if your UK mobile phone (we're Brits, none of this 'cell' business ) works at all in the states (i.e. it's tri-band) then they can call you on that too, or send you text messages and/or picture messages. Many networks are free for you to recieve roaming text/picture messages (although incoming voice calls will cost you just as much as outgoing ones - i.e. quite a lot!). What network are you on?

Finally, do NOT use the room phone to call the UK directly, use a calling card instead (all you need to do is dial a prefix/PIN code before the actual phone number). The one I use gives 600 minutes to the UK for $20, but other denominations are available. You'll pay that much in just a few minutes if you dial direct on the room phone.

Hope your dad is OK while you're away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMomLuvsDisney View Post
Well I don't know if you were dreaming, or the person who told you about it was dreaming, but I fear that one of you was. Sorry.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #898
Britgirlus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Several things here:

First, the internet connection is very easy - just plug in the ethernet cable (provided in the room) to your laptop and start your browser and it will prompt you to confirm that you wish to pay for 24 hours' connection, it's really that simple. See www.portorleans.org/internetaccess.php.

However, the room telephones have voicemail, so your folks could also call you at the resort very easily, once you give them your room number.

Also, if your UK mobile phone (we're Brits, none of this 'cell' business ) works at all in the states (i.e. it's tri-band) then they can call you on that too, or send you text messages and/or picture messages. Many networks are free for you to recieve roaming text/picture messages (although incoming voice calls will cost you just as much as outgoing ones - i.e. quite a lot!). What network are you on?

Hope your dad is OK while you're away.

Andre
I actually live in the States (South Dakota) - my family live in England So - I have a US cell (mobile, which I can call England on via a service I subscribe to - but it doesn't work backwards As long as I can get connected via e-mail, I should be OK. If they have to contact me in an emergency, my family could call the resort, or even my sister in law in South Dakota, who could then contact me via cell phone and have me call England.
Hopefully, none of this will be necessary - my dad (he has terminal cancer) has promised me he won't do anything to spoil our vacation - though I am packing our passports just in case !! ~ Jenny
Old 05-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #899
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I use Splenda in my hot tea - do they have it our should I pack some ? Also - teabags - do they have just plain black tea or flavored stuff (yuck !) ?? THANKS !!!! I'm quite happy to pack my own, but don't want to if I don't have to
Can't say for sure about the tea bags (I seem to remember varieties like English Breakfast, Earl Grey, etc.), but they definitely have Splenda.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #900
LydiaAch
Mouseketeer

Lots of people on this thread "Live Free or Die", it seems!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: