Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #871
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Ok Ok. Have a wonderful time & post back on here to let us know how you liked it. Because when you're back we will be getting ready to go...Sorry couldn't resist. Really have a magical trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaAch View Post
Any DISer's going to POR on May 16th?
I'll be checking out on the 16th. Don't want to think about that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lulu View Post
LOL

We're all packed and ready to go!
aubriee, looks like we'll be arriving the same time! Whoo hoo!!!!
I have a couple of friends from Conneticut checking in that day also and another DISer we're meeting down there is checking in a few days later. Looks like there will be several DISers at POFQ that week.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #872
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

i've moved my bday trip a few times...from AKL to POR, and finally settling on POFQ!!! so excited! i will be there with one of my best friend's from june 11-15! my bday is june 13, turning 28, and can't wait! didn't request a building, figured i'd leave it up to chance, they're all so close anyway. so so excited!
~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #873
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Talking JUst got back from POR...missed POFQ!

I just came back from POR.

Granted, I was only there for 4 days vs the 7 at POFQ. I do believe that I liked POFQ better.

It feels a bit more relaxed and homey at POFQ; I don't know how to explain it. The CMs were more relaxed (maybe because it's smaller?) and friendly. I did not have any issues with luggage or deliveries (issues with POR! *sigh*).

In any case, if I ever go again, I will be heading to POFQ or perhaps, try my hand at a deluxe resort. There aren't many choices in the moderate area.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #874
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBelle View Post
TWO Weeks from Sunday!
Save a Beignets for me, Please!

It looks like the countdown has begun
I'll try but you better hurry because I do love those Beignets!!
Old 05-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #875
Britgirlus
Mouseketeer

8 days until we're there !! I just had a practice at posting photos, so if I get a chance, I can post some while I'm there. Here's what ds5 wrote about our upcoming trip (spelling isn't his best subject)

Last edited by Britgirlus; 05-08-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: resizing picture
Old 05-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #876
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh0013 View Post
i've moved my bday trip a few times...from AKL to POR, and finally settling on POFQ!!! so excited! i will be there with one of my best friend's from june 11-15! my bday is june 13, turning 28, and can't wait! didn't request a building, figured i'd leave it up to chance, they're all so close anyway. so so excited!
Marcia-still following your trip report with all those great looking drinks!! I have my list all ready & cannot wait to have a Grand Marnier 2 weeks from tonight!!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #877
PrincessKara22
Princess in Training

Does anyone know if the handicap rooms at FQ are standard view or water view or if there are some at both price points? My mom needs a handicap room. Thanks!

May 2014: Shades of Green!
May 2013: Shades of Green
August 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2007: Old Key West
January 2007: Old Key West
July 2006: The Beach Club
July 2004: Caribbean Beach
April 2003: Off Property
July 1996: The Disney Institute
Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #878
indigoxtreme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll try but you better hurry because I do love those Beignets!!
Hey Disneyfan61, it appears we will be checking in on the same day the 22nd of May at POFQ. Cannot wait to get there. We will be arriving late though as we are coming day the last day of school and have to wait for the girls to get out at 2:20. Hope you have a great trip and maybe we will see you there.
Lynn
May 2014 POR Birthday trip for Jeremy and After school trip for the Granddaughters. September 2013 POR April 2013 POR July-2012 POR 05-09 POFQ 11-07 POR with Family & Friends Granmaz and John 09-07 POR with Granddaughters 10-06 MNSSHP POFQ 02-06 POFQ 30th Anniv 9-05 POFQ 4-00 Son's Marching Band at Magic Kindom 7-96 Ft Wilderness Cabins Prior times in DTD Hotels when they were treated as Disney Guest.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #879
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoxtreme View Post
Hey Disneyfan61, it appears we will be checking in on the same day the 22nd of May at POFQ. Cannot wait to get there. We will be arriving late though as we are coming day the last day of school and have to wait for the girls to get out at 2:20. Hope you have a great trip and maybe we will see you there.
Lynn
Yes we will be checking in on the 22nd!! Our flight lands at 4:45 (supposed to anyway) so I figure we will hopefully be checking in around 6:00. I requested bldg 5 but not sure if we will get it. Last year we were in bldg 3 & it was ok but love bldg 5. I hope you have a wonderful stay. I will be carrying a black Disney bag with my LGMH dangling from it. We will probably be listening to Eliot Dyson in the lounge Friday night.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #880
disneysuncat
Cat of the Sun

I switched today from 13 nights Wilderness Lodge to 11 nights Port Orleans French Quarter water view. With the resort change, and the other thigns I won't be using (like no valet to pay, two days less on tips, two days less rental car, two days less of my dining upgrade, other stuff I had budgeted) I am now paying $2599 less.

When I ran my numbers I could not pass that up, as that savings could go a long way to a trip in early 2010. I think we'll really like the smallness of POFQ

I have a question about Scat Cat's. Is this a place I can take my daughter, who will then be 10? She loves music, and I was hoping this is a place we could go and enjoy some relaxing time.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:12 AM   #881
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysuncat View Post
I have a question about Scat Cat's. Is this a place I can take my daughter, who will then be 10? She loves music, and I was hoping this is a place we could go and enjoy some relaxing time.
Absolutely. You may also want to pop over to Riverside one evening and see Bob Jackson - the act has a lot of fun stuff for the kids, and he's a very talented musician too.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #882
KSBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes we will be checking in on the 22nd!! Our flight lands at 4:45 (supposed to anyway) so I figure we will hopefully be checking in around 6:00. I requested bldg 5 but not sure if we will get it. Last year we were in bldg 3 & it was ok but love bldg 5. I hope you have a wonderful stay. I will be carrying a black Disney bag with my LGMH dangling from it. We will probably be listening to Eliot Dyson in the lounge Friday night.
My 1st time at POFQ I didn't request a bldg and got Bldg 5 facing the hot tub- so-the next time I went I requested that location and got it. This time I've requested it again and fingers crossed!!!
We get in on the 24th- landing at 7:00pm and hoping to be at the resort by 8:30 pm and planning on relaxing at the pool. I'll be looking for your bag and LGMH.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #883
disneysuncat
Cat of the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Absolutely. You may also want to pop over to Riverside one evening and see Bob Jackson - the act has a lot of fun stuff for the kids, and he's a very talented musician too.

Andre
Thanks! I was sort of dreading our "downgrade" to POFQ (I changed from deluxe to save money) but the more and more and MORE I read about it, I am looking forward to the French Quarter! It seems like it will be calmer and more relaxed than the hustle and bustle of the deluxe we had booked.

I'm thinking I'm going to drop my deluxe dining upgrade as well, and just do the free regular dining I got with my pin code. This will free us up to not be so tied down to as many reservations, as well as saving some more $$$.

So far, I am down about $3200 from my initial vacation budget, woohoo! We've planning to move to Florida (within 30 mins of Disney) sometime next year, so I kept thinking I really should try to not be so flamboyant this trip. Besides, I will have JUST as much fun, maybe even more since I won't be so "structured" to plans!

Old 05-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #884
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBelle View Post
My 1st time at POFQ I didn't request a bldg and got Bldg 5 facing the hot tub- so-the next time I went I requested that location and got it. This time I've requested it again and fingers crossed!!!
We get in on the 24th- landing at 7:00pm and hoping to be at the resort by 8:30 pm and planning on relaxing at the pool. I'll be looking for your bag and LGMH.
Let's hope we both get our requests!! On the 24th we will be at EMH evening at MK until 2:00 am!! (yeah might not make it that late but we will see). Hopefully we will run into each other. Yes if you notice my bag & LGMH please say hi. Have a magical trip!!
Old 05-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #885
stpetedisneydad
Mouseketeer

We just got back from a 4 day stay at POFQ this past Wednesday. We were very pleased with our decision to stay there. We were on the courtyard side of building 3. It was a short walk to the parking lot to unload and seemed to be like 200 feet from the main lobby/arcade/food court and pool. The trees overhanging the walks and "roads" kept a nice amount of shade on you while walking around the courtyard in the heat. It is smaller but that's the charm. It was very calm and relaxed. We went over to POR to check it out for future reference and while we were impressed with the buildings and food court everything was so much bigger and spread out. Unless I'm missing something you have to walk across a bridge over the "river" to get to the arcade/food court after walking to the bridge from however far away your room is. Who wants to do that first thing in the morn' to get that cup of coffee. Also need to mention the doorman at POFQ during the day is a great guy. Very personable and great to joke around with, don't just pass him by.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: