Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #661
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerbella6206 View Post
We would like to take DD3 on a carriage ride while at POFQ in June. HOw necessary is it to make Advanced reservations for this? We had hoped to just be able to do it when we had a break in activities one day, but I want to make sure we don't miss out!
I made a reservation since I wanted to be sure to be able to do the carriage ride on our anniversary (shhh -- dh doesn't know!). However, I was also told that if there is space available they will take walk ups. You have to pay with cash at the time of the ride. If you reserve in advance, they put it on your card and then take it off when you get there and pay with cash. If you don't show up, it stays on your card and you get charged.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #662
KSBelle
DIS Veteran

Bumping this up--We can't have the POFQ info on page 3.

Going to POFQ (my third stay there) in 45 days!!!!!! WooHoo!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #663
stinkerbella6206
Earning My Ears

KSBelle- I hope you don't mind me asking this, but I noticed from your siggie that you have stayed several times at CBR as well as POFQ, and I was wondering what you opinions were on the 2 resorts? We are going for the
1st time with our 3 yo DD and had originally booked CBR, but was afraid it would be too big to easily get around (especially while carrying a toddler!) Just curious what you thought of each resort, as I have been wondering if we made the right decision to switch.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #664
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Carriage rides are only in the evening (6pm-9.30pm) and yes, I'd suggest booking one rather than just turning up and hoping - you can cancel at 24 hours notice if your plans for the next day change or the weather forecast looks dubious. There are usually two horses in service at any given time, and they have a half-hour break at 7.30pm. You leave from the Riverside marina and do a circle tour around to French Quarter and back again.
On our last trip to POFQ, we went to Boatwrights at POR for dinner and took a carriage ride back to our POFQ hotel room. That is not the usual route, but the carriage driver was very willing to give us a ride back, which I thought was very nice. As I told my daughter, that's how Princesses travel!

We did not have reservations and in fact, someone else had it booked, so we had to wait until they officially missed their timeslot (I believe the driver gave them 15 minutes or so). So, it is possible to walk up, but if you know your plans, definitely book ahead of time.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #665
nicole0992
I was born on Mickey's birthday!

Which floor is best? Ground or above?

I was wondering if you think the ground floor is the best to request. I figured it would be quickest to just get in the room rather than climbing stairs, elevators, etc. after a long day in the parks. Which do you prefer?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #666
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
KSBelle- I hope you don't mind me asking this, but I noticed from your siggie that you have stayed several times at CBR as well as POFQ, and I was wondering what you opinions were on the 2 resorts? We are going for the
1st time with our 3 yo DD and had originally booked CBR, but was afraid it would be too big to easily get around (especially while carrying a toddler!) Just curious what you thought of each resort, as I have been wondering if we made the right decision to switch.
Just wanted to add a note to your question - we have stayed at CBR many times as well as FQ a few times. We very much like both resorts. In all honesty, now that TS rooms have been refurbished to Pirate Rooms, the walk to rooms at CBR are not long at all. Both are beautiful resorts. If you are going in the heat of the summer, FQ will have more shade as the streets are tree lined.

CBR rooms have just been refurbished so the rooms will be fresher - FQ was refurbed in 2004.

I am not trying to sway you either way as it is such a personal decision, but if you prefer the theme of CBR, you'll enjoy your stay. It has a fabulous new pool.

CBR has a bus stop at each Village, whereas FQ has one bus stop - sometimes the resort shares with POR so it goes on to several more stops, but most times we've been at FQ the buses went to POR only a few times, not every time.

Both are such gorgeous resorts, go with what you think you'll enjoy most.

Have a fun!!!

p.s. If you decided to go with CBR, and not booking a preferred location, consider requesting Martinique 22 or Jamaica and you'll not be any further than the longest walk at FQ.

Quote:
nicole0992 posted: I was wondering if you think the ground floor is the best to request. I figured it would be quickest to just get in the room rather than climbing stairs, elevators, etc. after a long day in the parks. Which do you prefer?
If first floor is your only request, then you'll have a good chance of getting it filled. It is a very popular request, but there are 7 bldgs.
If it would be easier for your family, then definitely request first floor.
When our children were little, we stayed at the Poly, CR or BC, so had an elevator handy - but the rooms could be a long hike from the elevator.

We tend to request bldg 2, 5 or 6...no other requests... and have had great room locations.

Have a great stay!!

P.S. I'm thinking you could have a first floor room, but possibly be a longer walk than a 2nd floor in bldg closer to the bus stop. Which is more important for your family? Maybe request 1st floor, bldg 5 - fingers crossed for you!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 04-11-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #667
KSBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree with what Minnie & Nana said. I really like the theming at CBR and the new pool is awesome. We were last in a new Nemo room and it was cute. I like POFQ's boat ride to DTD. I think CBR's food court has more options. The bus stops at CBR are close to the rooms. I like preferred location of Martinique 25 since it's close to OPR and I use OPR bus stop (not Martinique). Non preferred ,I like Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. My decision where to stay is based on what theme I'm into at the moment. MY DH likes CBR better.Don't feel bad about second guessing yourself--we all do it. Good luck and have a great vacation.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #668
popstar7867
Amy Fam!

8 days!!!

Hi Everyone! I am the owner of a Dance Studio up here in MA and we are performing in Epcot on the 21st so we are traveling with 48 people down to Disney next week and staying at POFQ! I've never stayed here before and know that there is only one bus stop. Is POFQ the 1st bus stop and then do the buses head over to Riverside? I'm just trying to plan ahead to hopefully get everyone on 1-2 buses in the morning!!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #669
mma800
Mouseketeer

Popstar-
I am also from Mass (Weston)staying at POFQ next week. Where in Epcot is your team performing? We are scheduled to get there 4/16-23. I am sure my daughter would love to see them dance!

We go to BBDC in Natick and Smith-Houlihans in Norwood.

I can let you know about the buses when I get there if you don't hear first. Good luck!!

Old 04-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #670
MinDE
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by popstar7867 View Post
Hi Everyone! I am the owner of a Dance Studio up here in MA and we are performing in Epcot on the 21st so we are traveling with 48 people down to Disney next week and staying at POFQ! I've never stayed here before and know that there is only one bus stop. Is POFQ the 1st bus stop and then do the buses head over to Riverside? I'm just trying to plan ahead to hopefully get everyone on 1-2 buses in the morning!!!!

From everything I have heard and read, YES you will be first on the buses before they go to Riverside.

But with the crowds recently, it also sounds like many times they have been going directly to the parks...good news!

Have fun

POFQ June 1993--Our Honeymoon & my first trip to WDW!
POR May 2000--Our boys' first trip...Character Mania!
POFQ June 2009 --celebrating our anniversary and a trip to Remember for our boys!
Yacht Club January 2012 -- conference and cool chicks weekend
POFQ August 2013--first time to WDW for my mom and my niece
CBR April 2014--NO KIDS except for watching DS#2 march in MK
Old 04-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #671
SoonipiLady
DIS Veteran

We're from NH and are arriving at POFQ that same day!

Quote:
Are you flying out of Boston or MHT? What is the age group of your dance group? POFQ is a great resort. Everything is close by, the walk to POR isn't too long and the boats to DTD rock! It has been our favorite resort so far.

See you in 8 days!!

Karen

Me (49) DH (50) DD(17) DS(13) Java(5) Jackson(rip)
Old 04-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #672
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

We are about to book our first trip to French Quarter and I have a couple of questions!!! Do you get beads when you check in?!! Like the flowers at the Poly?
We are going the first week in Jan, is it likely to be quiet or crowded?!
How many floors are in each building?!
Thanks for indulging me!
Debx
Old 04-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #673
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs Hill View Post
We are about to book our first trip to French Quarter and I have a couple of questions!!! Do you get beads when you check in?!! Like the flowers at the Poly?
Thanks for indulging me!
Debx
The greeters had beads around their necks they were giving to children, I didn't get one, but I went into the gift shop and answered the questions of the day and got beads!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #674
SoonipiLady
DIS Veteran

all the buildings have three floors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs Hill View Post
Thanks for indulging me!
Debx
we were on the third floor in building 5 last time and loved it. Nice view of the resort from the third floor and very quiet.

Karen

Me (49) DH (50) DD(17) DS(13) Java(5) Jackson(rip)
Old 04-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #675
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you part of the CheerWorld competition? (I think I have the name correct.) I thought they were staying in the Value and CBR. Are they overflowing to POFQ now?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: