Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #646
MinDE
Earning My Ears

Room availability later in day

Quick question(s):

We are arriving later in the day (last day of school and heading right to the airport) and I am wondering if that will affect what room we are given.

Our flight is due to land at 3:45 pm and we are renting a car as we need to change for dinner at Narcoossee's. Do you think expecting to arrive at WDW between 5 and 5:30 is reasonable?

Do you think we will be "stuck" with a parking lot view room?

Finally, OT, what is the meaning of the Donald image (1/9/10) in some posters' signatures? Just curious.

Thanks for all the help....

POFQ June 1993--Our Honeymoon & my first trip to WDW!
POR May 2000--Our boys' first trip...Character Mania!
POFQ June 2009 --celebrating our anniversary and a trip to Remember for our boys!
Yacht Club January 2012 -- conference and cool chicks weekend
POFQ August 2013--first time to WDW for my mom and my niece
CBR April 2014--NO KIDS except for watching DS#2 march in MK
Old 04-08-2009, 03:06 AM   #647
wifey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerbella6206 View Post
Thanks andrewilley for the reply. As we will not have a car, and are completely dependent on Disney transportation, I was trying to figure out the best way to get a few staples. Do you think the prices are inflated enough in the resort store to warrant the $12 delivery fee for gardengrocer delivery? The $12 fee definitely seems cheaper than a cab fare would be, and from my understanding there are no grocery stores within walking distance of POFQ, DD, etc? We will be on the lookout for the butterfly garden during our trip!
There's a Hess station behind Planet Hollywood very easy to find which also has a convenience store inside Easy access to DTD by bus and boat Bound to be better prices than the hotel too.

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2009, 08:03 AM   #648
TexDisneyMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So I'm trying to decide if I should pick these items up at the resort or use gardengrocer.com. ANy opinions?
We used gardengrocer.com for the first time this trip and loved it. It was awesome to just have our snacks etc waiting for us we we arrived. I would definitly recommend them, and yes it is worth the $12 delivery fee.

DH ME DD DS
Beach Club July 2004; Wilderness Lodge July 2006; Disney Cruise on the Wonder 3-07 & Wilderness Lodge; Polynesian July 2007; Disneyland Pardise Pier March 2008; POFQ March 2009; Disney Cruise on the Magic July 2009 & Beach Club; Beach Club - MNSSHP October 2009; Dolphin - MVMCP December 2009;POFQ - MVMCP December 2010; Polynesian July 2011; POFQ - December 2012; Disneyland December 2013
Old 04-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #649
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinDE View Post
Quick question(s):

We are arriving later in the day (last day of school and heading right to the airport) and I am wondering if that will affect what room we are given.

Our flight is due to land at 3:45 pm and we are renting a car as we need to change for dinner at Narcoossee's. Do you think expecting to arrive at WDW between 5 and 5:30 is reasonable?

Do you think we will be "stuck" with a parking lot view room?

Finally, OT, what is the meaning of the Donald image (1/9/10) in some posters' signatures? Just curious.

Thanks for all the help....
Hmm.. 5:30 might not be too unreasonable if everything goes smoothly and your flight takes off and lands on time. Most rental car companies are pretty quick lately... and I think it takes 20 mins to drive to WDW from the airport? Hopefully dinner though is a little later than that?

Not really sure about your room though...I'll have someone else answer that..

And the Donald 1/9/10 image in signatures means that they are going to run in the Disney 1/2 Marathon (aka the Donald race) next January 9th. There's also the Mickey race (full marathon) on January 10th. And for the really crazies... the Goofy (the 1/2 on the 9th and then the full on the 10th).
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #650
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

It is hard to say what your room might be, but I don't think any room there could really be "stuck". How long are you really in the room and do you ever really look out? I know we are either on the run or in our jammies with the curtains drawn..... You will be at a wonderful resort. I feel the worst room on the planet is better than sitting home dreaming I was there.. I am sure it will be ok. They really do try to put you where you want to be. have a wonderful trip.....We will be thinking of you.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #651
stinkerbella6206
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
There's a Hess station behind Planet Hollywood very easy to find which also has a convenience store inside Easy access to DTD by bus and boat Bound to be better prices than the hotel too.
Thanks for the information! That is great to know! I didn't realize there was a convenience store so nearby! That will be a great option if we decide not to go with gardengrocer.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #652
stinkerbella6206
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexDisneyMom View Post
We used gardengrocer.com for the first time this trip and loved it. It was awesome to just have our snacks etc waiting for us we we arrived. I would definitly recommend them, and yes it is worth the $12 delivery fee.
Thanks for the positive review of gardengrocer! A couple of questions if you don't mind... were you present for the delivery? Or did they deliver it to the resort prior to your arrival? If so, did you notify the resort that there would be a delivery for you? How did the resort handle things (ie. were your cold items kept cold, did you receive all that you ordered, etc)? I think this is the route we will take, just for the sake of convenience. And it will be nice to have DD favorite snacks, and a few staples. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #653
DisDee
DIS Veteran

We stayed at POFQ about 3 weeks ago. We experienced a 7 hour flight delay, so instead of checking in at 10 am as we estimated, we checked in at 5 pm. I'd requested a room close to the main building, which is just what we got. I agree with Lou-Ann, I really believe that the resorts try to honor your room requests. This was our first stay at POFQ and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We utilized the boat several times and the bus service was good too. We also enjoyed the pool at Old Man Island, and used the boat to get there. DH walked over to Riverside every morning as part of his fitness routine and enjoyed the peacefulness and serenity at that time of the day.

You will love your stay at POFQ! Have a great trip!!!!!!

Next trip...Vistana Resort-October 2013, MNSSHP, Discovery Cove, Sea World and Aquatica

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." St. Augustine
Old 04-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #654
stinkerbella6206
Earning My Ears

MinDE- I am by far no expert, as I have never stayed here before, and only know what I have been reading in preparation for our upcoming trip. But I think you can put room requests on your reservation, and also in the notes section if you use the online checkin option. I thought I read somewhere that someone at the resort makes room assignments a few days prior ro arrival, so you might be able to make these request and have some luck getting them. Assuming, I guess, that your request doesn't get bumped by those arriving before you and wanting to change their assignments! At least, that is what we are hoping, as our flight doesn't arrive until 5:30pm. I am interested in hearing whether or not others who have arrived late have received room requests?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #655
MinDE
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

I will always have a soft spot for POFQ as that is where we stayed on our honeymoon and my first-ever trip to WDW!

We are so excited to come back 16 years (to the day) later with our boys. I agree that just hte 4 of us being there together will be awesome....these next two months cannot go by fast enough!

POFQ June 1993--Our Honeymoon & my first trip to WDW!
POR May 2000--Our boys' first trip...Character Mania!
POFQ June 2009 --celebrating our anniversary and a trip to Remember for our boys!
Yacht Club January 2012 -- conference and cool chicks weekend
POFQ August 2013--first time to WDW for my mom and my niece
CBR April 2014--NO KIDS except for watching DS#2 march in MK
Old 04-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #656
stinkerbella6206
Earning My Ears

Carriage rides

We would like to take DD3 on a carriage ride while at POFQ in June. HOw necessary is it to make Advanced reservations for this? We had hoped to just be able to do it when we had a break in activities one day, but I want to make sure we don't miss out!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #657
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
We would like to take DD3 on a carriage ride while at POFQ in June. HOw necessary is it to make Advanced reservations for this? We had hoped to just be able to do it when we had a break in activities one day, but I want to make sure we don't miss out!

The carriage ride, I think, origninate in POR and travel through POFQ. I'm not sure on the popualrity of it. I never saw one during my stay ay POFQ in March.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #658
disneymom2twins
As my nephew says...."Chip and Dip"

I did a search on this thread and couldn't find an answer to my question, so I apologize if this has been asked....

I haven't stayed at POFQ in about 10 years....anyway does the bathroom area now have a privacy curtain, or do I need to bring a shower curtain and pin it up? I don't remember them ever having them before, but I thought I saw a picture of one.

Thanks,

Kristin

Twin 7 yr old DDs
who are officially obsessed with Disney!
WDW - '80, '82, '86, '89, '92, '93, '95, '98, '00, '03 '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11
DL - '04, '10

Next trip:
Disney World - October 2012
Old 04-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #659
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

I may be wrong but I thought we had one on our last visit.....
Old 04-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #660
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom2twins View Post
I haven't stayed at POFQ in about 10 years....anyway does the bathroom area now have a privacy curtain, or do I need to bring a shower curtain and pin it up? I don't remember them ever having them before, but I thought I saw a picture of one.
Yes, there is a privacy curtain between the bedroom section and the wash/vanity area.

Quote:
Carriage rides are only in the evening (6pm-9.30pm) and yes, I'd suggest booking one rather than just turning up and hoping - you can cancel at 24 hours notice if your plans for the next day change or the weather forecast looks dubious. There are usually two horses in service at any given time, and they have a half-hour break at 7.30pm. You leave from the Riverside marina and do a circle tour around to French Quarter and back again.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: