Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #601
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
Thank you for the help! It sounds like they are all pretty good. Maybe I will just wait and see what they give us!!
Due to its layout and size, I think that what you said is the best attitude to have.

We, who have been there, can go on and on about what part of what building is closest to what, but the bottom line is that NOTHING is very far.

Think of having the Queen of England, Bill Gates, and Oprah Winfrey in the same room. Oprah would be the "poor" person in that room. But she's fabulously wealthy. In the same way, Building 1 is the farthest from the food court, but it's still incredibly close. I hope this illustrates the point.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:29 PM   #602
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys
Thank you for the help! It sounds like they are all pretty good. Maybe I will just wait and see what they give us!!
One time our only request was "pretty view, please"...and it was fabulous!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #603
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrob214 View Post
Q
So I have read everything, except the other website. I definitely don't want a parking lot view. It's not important for us to be right next to a pool. I'd love a view of the water, but not sure I want to pay extra for it. So if I understand everything correctly, building 5 is for us?
The way the buildings are designed I honestly don't think it matters what the "view" is, there are no balconies and there is an exterior corridor that all the rooms exit onto. I think that there really is not issue if you are on the parking lot side, the only time it really matters is as you leave th room.

I made the mistake of paying for waterview the first time we stayed and it was a waste of money IMO. Without a balcony it is next to impossible to really enjoy that little extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
Due to its layout and size, I think that what you said is the best attitude to have.

We, who have been there, can go on and on about what part of what building is closest to what, but the bottom line is that NOTHING is very far.
ITA! The first time we stayed I requested a water view and was placed in BLDG 1. Now it is not a long walk, the only time it felt like an eternity was when my DGD fell asleep in front of the castle and I carried her all the way back. I was used to handing her off and this time I was on my own. That time the walk was endless

So, unless you are carring a dead weight child there are no bad rooms!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #604
H20DogsNDisney
DIS Veteran

We have have always been in building 7. We didn't ask for a water view but had a nice view of the river.

We would like building 4 but wouldn't mind going back to building 7

Hallie
Old 03-29-2009, 08:38 AM   #605
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

We've had great rooms in bldg 4, but we took a walk around the entire blg a few times and it goes waaay back...and some rooms have terrible views (even for FQ ). Then again, many guests are not as picky about their room location as we are. We're on vacation and a nice view helps.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #606
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Cool

Quote:
I am sure this is posted so sorry if this is a repeat- but I am wondering which building to request?! We have a 5 year old and 19 month old. We have always stayed at POR but this time it wasn't available. POFQ looks really nice though so I think we will really like it.

I'm staying at POR because POFQ wasn't available! LOL!!

Last edited by MyMuse; 03-29-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #607
KikiFan
I just couldn't believe some stranger actually leaned over and bit my necklace

WooHoo! I'm booked I'm booked! I've wanted to stay at this resort for years. But the last three trips we've either had to go budget or my daughter begged for Pop. This time it's Mama's choice and we're staying at POFQ for Christmas! Does it get any better then that? I think not!

Anyhoo I'll be reading every single page in this thread... gotta keep busy for the next 200 hundred days! I'm sure I'll think of some questions!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #608
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Just switched from POP and going a dday earlier! We'll be at POFQ July9-15th. I requested building 5, top floor because DH prefers top floor. Did I do well?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #609
KSBelle
DIS Veteran

KikiFan--Christmas at POFQ is beautiful. You did good!

mdrob14--Building 5 is what I always request. I've gotten it the last two times I was there. So close to everything(not that anything is very far away)

Old 03-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #610
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I'm staying at POR because POFQ wasn't available! LOL!!
HA-HA lets trade! Just kidding:-) You will LOVE POR!

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
Old 03-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #611
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
HA-HA lets trade! Just kidding:-) You will LOVE POR!
I'm sure I will. I was quite distraught when POFQ wasn't available, though. I was seriously considering cancelling, but ultimately I could not do that to my niece.

So, I'm going down a day earlier than we planned to make up for it. I do wish I could upgrade but it is not in the budget.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:10 AM   #612
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I'm sure I will. I was quite distraught when POFQ wasn't available, though. I was seriously considering cancelling, but ultimately I could not do that to my niece.

So, I'm going down a day earlier than we planned to make up for it. I do wish I could upgrade but it is not in the budget.
This is funny- we were very upset that POR wasn't available and considered switching to CBR or something- But we LOVE the boat and this way we thought, if we want we can just walk over to POR and still be able to do the fishing- or use the pool. (we loved the pool and the pool bar)

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
Old 03-31-2009, 10:12 AM   #613
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrob214 View Post
Just switched from POP and going a dday earlier! We'll be at POFQ July9-15th. I requested building 5, top floor because DH prefers top floor. Did I do well?
PERFECT!!!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #614
jewelmicky
DIS Veteran

On Hold!

11:14am....I am on hold right now.....making my special Room Request for an extra cleaning for my DD6 who has bad asthma.

He is really nice.....but had to put me on hold while he updates........he has to get someone else from "that Dept".......I thought that was who I called?.......hmmmmm.....at least a good Jonas Bros song (I think), DD still a bit young to be "into" that yet........Disney Radio.......hmmmmmmmm..............:rolley es1........still on hold.........HSM.....I kinda know this one.............still on hold........11:29am........should I hang up and try again?......but, he was so nice.........OK we are all set 11:32......not too bad.

:c ool1:

So, I have Requested.....Bldg 5 or 6, corner room, 3rd floor....with special cleaning. We don't arrive at POFQ until 5:30pm or so, I think this will help they will have plenty of time. I plan on doing the online check-in, so our rooms will be "blocked" out early and we won't get "bumped".....I think with the special request that is less likely to happen anyway.

I'll let you know how it turns out!@

Old 03-31-2009, 10:57 AM   #615
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
So, I have Requested.....Bldg 5 or 6, corner room, 3rd floor....with special cleaning. We don't arrive at POFQ until 5:30pm or so, I think this will help they will have plenty of time. I plan on doing the online check-in, so our rooms will be "blocked" out early and we won't get "bumped".....I think with the special request that is less likely to happen anyway.
It does take longer when working with special needs - not just a quickie call as they must add all the info to your reservation. Your reservation is now locked, so even if you call to make any change whatsoever it must be handled by special needs - for your protection so the room & arrangements cannot be touched without you working directly with that department.

When Special Needs blocks a room and arranges special cleaning, your room will not/cannot be changed before check-in.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: