Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #3796
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disadventurer View Post
Requested Bldg. 4 on reservation, but no fax. Is there a certain number to use?

Thanks for your report. I'm getting so excited now. I didn't realize you could see Illuminations. What floor/room were you in?
I'll be curious to see if you get your requests. When we go in August, I'd like to request Bldg. 4 or 7, and it sure would be nice to get a request met. We've always been lucky at CBR to get a request met.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #3797
Jaimie1911
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Requested Bldg. 4 on reservation, but no fax. Is there a certain number to use?

Thanks for your report. I'm getting so excited now. I didn't realize you could see Illuminations. What floor/room were you in?
We were in room 7319--3rd floor facing the parking lot. It was a little noisy only during the day with the construction out of parking lot 5 but that should stop once they are done working on building 5. I did not fax just called and requested a renovated room, and they were very accomodating. And yes, the pool is nice and warm!

1987 1991--offsite 1993--CBR
1995 1996 1998 2002 2005--POR (Dixie Landings)
2008--CBR 2009--AKL honeymoon
2010--Pop 2011--POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2011, 05:09 AM   #3798
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
If I recall, I think there is a boat ride from Old Key West?? Not sure on that one either. Would be nice to stop in and check out the resorts for the future.
There is a ferry boat that goes from Downtown Disney to Old Key West (it's the same service that also stops at Saratoga Springs). You catch it from a different jetty to the Port Orleans service though. The DVC resorts ferry dock is by Pleasure Island, while the Port Orleans one is next to Rainforest Cafe.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #3799
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
There is a ferry boat that goes from Downtown Disney to Old Key West (it's the same service that also stops at Saratoga Springs). You catch it from a different jetty to the Port Orleans service though. The DVC resorts ferry dock is by Pleasure Island, while the Port Orleans one is next to Rainforest Cafe.

Andre
Actually, there is an extra step in there. I did it for the first time two years ago and again this past year. You take the water taxi from POR or POFQ to Marketplace. From Marketplace, you take the water taxi to West side. From West side, you go to OKW or SSR. For OKW, it drops you off right at the dock near Olivia's.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #3800
disadventurer
DIS Veteran

Thanks to all for the valuable information. Our family loves to take the boat transportation--so relaxing. Definitely want to check out the other areas and see what there is to see; not to mention walking off a few more calories. It is such a nice break from the parks.

Glad to hear the pool is warm. Part of the beauty of the resorts, for us, is the
elaborate pools. Love to come back and relax for a little in a WARM pool.

Has anyone slept in the queen beds yet; and if so, do you feel the room area is tight or no problem??

Thanks again in advance for your first-hand opinions!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #3801
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:

Andre
The last time I ate at Turf Club over at Saratoga Springs, I took the boat from the dock there by Rainforest Cafe. It went direct to Saratoga Springs and back. As you walk down to the boat dock there behind Rainforest Cafe and Cap'n Jack's, the line on the right went to the PO resorts and the one on the left went to Saratoga Springs. They didn't share with Old Key West at all.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #3802
DreamLiveLoveDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimie1911 View Post
We were in room 7319--3rd floor facing the parking lot. It was a little noisy only during the day with the construction out of parking lot 5 but that should stop once they are done working on building 5. I did not fax just called and requested a renovated room, and they were very accomodating. And yes, the pool is nice and warm!
We were neighbors! I was in 7321 (in December). I agree that the parking lot was very loud, even throughout the night. It was terrible! But watching the fireworks from our window/balcony was so worth dealing with that noise.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #3803
ladyhawk14624
Mouseketeer

We just got back yesterday. We were in room 7216. We had paid for a king room which we got. I goofed and requested a water view instead of river view so our room looked out on a fountain. Not horrible since the only time we were in the room was at night and by that point who cared what the view was. We used the DTD boat alot and loved it. We also walked down to Riverside for dinner there which was excellent. The bed was so hard though and the pillows were horrible. We're used to a softer bed (ours has a pillowtop at home). The weather couldn't have been better and the staff was wonderful everywhere! We had the DDP and I think we ate more than we ever have in our lives! Such good food too for the most part. It was really hard to leave especially knowing that we'd have to come back home to snow and cold.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #3804
Winue
Mouseketeer

Garden Grocer and POFQ question

love hearing all of the good things about POFQ!!!

I have a question about garden grocer delivery and POFQ...

we are arriving at the airport around 11:30am, and headed on ME to POFQ. we are hoping to go to MK shortly after arrival.

When would you have GG deliver? and will they hold it at the front desk?

any input and experience would be appreciated! this will be our first time using the grocery delivery system.

THANKS!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #3805
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
The last time I ate at Turf Club over at Saratoga Springs, I took the boat from the dock there by Rainforest Cafe. It went direct to Saratoga Springs and back. As you walk down to the boat dock there behind Rainforest Cafe and Cap'n Jack's, the line on the right went to the PO resorts and the one on the left went to Saratoga Springs. They didn't share with Old Key West at all.

That is correct; see my response above.

The SSR and OKW water taxis generate from different places; SSR is at Marketplace and OKW you have to take a water taxi from Marketplace to West Side.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #3806
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
The last time I ate at Turf Club over at Saratoga Springs, I took the boat from the dock there by Rainforest Cafe. It went direct to Saratoga Springs and back.
Interesting, when was that? The latest info I have (I forgot about the change to seperate the OKW service) was:

On 21 May 2009, the new dock for the rebuilt Treehouse Villas will open for public use. When this happens, the DVC resort boats departing from Downtown Disney will run two separate routes — one service from Pleasure Island to Old Key West (with green flags and signs) and the other from Pleasure Island to Saratoga Springs and the Treehouse Villas (with blue flags and signs). The continuing Port Orleans service from the Marketplace dock will be marked with yellow flags and signs.

I wonder if they've moved the dock for the SSR/Treehouses service now? If so, I need to update my site!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #3807
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Interesting, when was that? The latest info I have (I forgot about the change to seperate the OKW service) was:

On 21 May 2009, the new dock for the rebuilt Treehouse Villas will open for public use. When this happens, the DVC resort boats departing from Downtown Disney will run two separate routes — one service from Pleasure Island to Old Key West (with green flags and signs) and the other from Pleasure Island to Saratoga Springs and the Treehouse Villas (with blue flags and signs). The continuing Port Orleans service from the Marketplace dock will be marked with yellow flags and signs.

I wonder if they've moved the dock for the SSR/Treehouses service now? If so, I need to update my site!

Andre
I cannot tell you when the change was made, but it was that way when I went the Saturday after Thanksgiving week. On my last day, I wanted to do breakfast at Olivia's and lunch at SSR.

I took the bus over to DTD and then to OKW. On my way back, I took the water taxi from OKW to Pleasure Island/West Side, then transferred to a water taxi to Marketplace. From there I went to SSR - the one to POR was on the left and the one to SSR was on the right.

From SSR, I went back to the Market place stop and switched over to the POR water taxi.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #3808
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winue View Post

we are arriving at the airport around 11:30am, and headed on ME to POFQ. we are hoping to go to MK shortly after arrival.

any input and experience would be appreciated! this will be our first time using the grocery delivery system.

THANKS!!!

You can have your order delivered before you get there and bell services will hold the order for you. They have a fridge to keep your items cold if needed, and mention that to Garden Grocer if they are dropping off your groceries with bell services instead of straight to you. Once your room is ready, call bell services and they'll deliver the groceries to your room.

You can opt for an evening delivery if you'll be in your room, but we always have our groceries delivered earlier in the day and sent to bell services which has worked fine for us.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #3809
Mickeyfollowers
DVC MEMBER SINCE 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
Wow, what color was the carpet? The new carpet is a goldish tone to it, and the old carpet was dark blue with green tones? I'm shocked that they would change almost everything in the room and not change the carpet, considering they did so in all the other rooms. But I suppose if it looked ok, maybe......
It was gold. I guess in that short of time they had some untidy guest that has already made a mess on them.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #3810
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winue View Post

THANKS!!!
We have always ordered through GG & Bell Services will hold it for you. If you order items that need to be kept in the fridge they will keep it cold for you.
One time they delivered around 10:00 am & called me (we were at our airport & had not even taken off yet) but it was there & waiting for us when we got there. They are great & always get what we ordered with no problems. Have a great trip!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: