Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #3751
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

Question -

I have been lurking on this thread, as we have only stayed here once (our only trip), and will be back at the resort in 19 day .

Last time we were in Building 5, room 5201, king room, corner, two windows, close to the QS/Bus stop. I would *love* to be in the building again, however, I am concerned that they will be refurbing it at that time.

Is that a correct assumption?

Looking at the map, Building 6 might be nice, but I adored how close we were to everything. One night there I was ill, and DH was able to just hang at the bar (he and the bartender really hit it off) and eat bingets. I know the resort is small, but I think if we were much further out he would have just stayed in the room bored, and *if* I have a bad night again, I dont want to mess up his fun. (he dearly hopes the bartender is still there, his name is Mark. They exchanged gifts before we left)

sorry for being long winded.

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Old 01-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #3752
chicklet2
Mouseketeer

New room smell

We are headed down to POFQ next Sunday and have question.Anyone stayed in refurbished room, is there a new smell room from carpets and such?Our friend is very sensitive to smells like this and can trigger migraines, so how is it.Thanks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #3753
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunasee View Post
Question -

I have been lurking on this thread, as we have only stayed here once (our only trip), and will be back at the resort in 19 day .

Last time we were in Building 5, room 5201, king room, corner, two windows, close to the QS/Bus stop. I would *love* to be in the building again, however, I am concerned that they will be refurbing it at that time.

Looking at the map, Building 6 might be nice, but I adored how close we were to everything. One night there I was ill, and DH was able to just hang at the bar (he and the bartender really hit it off) and eat bingets. I know the resort is small, but I think if we were much further out he would have just stayed in the room bored, and *if* I have a bad night again, I dont want to mess up his fun. (he dearly hopes the bartender is still there, his name is Mark. They exchanged gifts before we left)

That is very possible. However, Building 2 might be a better option for you if 5 isn't available. But 3 and 4 are right there as well. It is a small resort and there isn't many rooms that are "far out". The only buildings I would not want is 1 and 7.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:04 AM   #3754
ShiPooOwner
Fan of WDW now and forever!

We just stayed in building 2 (2213) for the past few days. No refurbishment yet but the room was very nice and very clean. Very close to the boat landing and handy to the parking lot. We had never stayed at POFQ but didn't want a huge resort environment so this worked great. Is it the smallest Disney resort?

Just curious why you wouldn't want to be in bldg. 1 or 7? We actually requested 7 but nothing was available according to the desk clerk in that bldg. when we checked in.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:35 AM   #3755
Mickeyfollowers
DVC MEMBER SINCE 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicklet2 View Post
We are headed down to POFQ next Sunday and have question.Anyone stayed in refurbished room, is there a new smell room from carpets and such?Our friend is very sensitive to smells like this and can trigger migraines, so how is it.Thanks
We stayed in 7102 one of the refurbed rooms and there was stains on the carpet and looked alittle worn near the bathroom, it didn't look like it had been replaced.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #3756
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
The only buildings I would not want is 1 and 7.
This cracked me up, we were just at POFQ the 15th-18th and even though I asked for a refurbished room, we didn't get it, but did get the corner room request. We were in room 1326, seriously, the last room of the resort in my opinion. It overlooked the river and was a beautiful view since there were only trees and the river to look at, but the only time we went to the lobby area was to apply our gift cards to our room balance and get our mugs which were never used. I find it kind of funny though that there are portions of bldg 1 and 7 that are closer to the lobby and pool areas, I know, I 've stayed in a portion of bldg 7 that felt really close.

Still enjoyed the resort and even walked to POR one time beating the boat.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 01-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #3757
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfollowers View Post
We stayed in 7102 one of the refurbed rooms and there was stains on the carpet and looked alittle worn near the bathroom, it didn't look like it had been replaced.
Wow, what color was the carpet? The new carpet is a goldish tone to it, and the old carpet was dark blue with green tones? I'm shocked that they would change almost everything in the room and not change the carpet, considering they did so in all the other rooms. But I suppose if it looked ok, maybe......

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #3758
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
This cracked me up, we were just at POFQ the 15th-18th and even though I asked for a refurbished room, we didn't get it, but did get the corner room request. We were in room 1326, seriously, the last room of the resort in my opinion. It overlooked the river and was a beautiful view since there were only trees and the river to look at, but the only time we went to the lobby area was to apply our gift cards to our room balance and get our mugs which were never used. I find it kind of funny though that there are portions of bldg 1 and 7 that are closer to the lobby and pool areas, I know, I 've stayed in a portion of bldg 7 that felt really close.

Still enjoyed the resort and even walked to POR one time beating the boat.
LOL. Yes I know! However... it is a small resort so things really aren't as far as they seem! But for being closer to the main building or the pool those are the last 2! But you are right... if you stay closer to the front of those buildings they aren't too bad!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #3759
mcever4
DIS Veteran

Bus Question...

Does POFQ share bus service with any other resort? I am considering this resort for our next trip and was curious. DS and I stayed at CBR last May and they didn't and the buses were ok for us. This next time we will also be taking DD who will be 3 and I don't want to spend tons of time on buses! Also, which building would be best for us? Close to food/pool/and Bus stop? I don't want to have to do alot of walking in the resort. We did a lot of walking at CBR, but DS is 13 so that wasn't an issue. DD being 3 could be!

Robin

Old 01-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #3760
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcever4 View Post
Does POFQ share bus service with any other resort? I am considering this resort for our next trip and was curious. DS and I stayed at CBR last May and they didn't and the buses were ok for us. This next time we will also be taking DD who will be 3 and I don't want to spend tons of time on buses! Also, which building would be best for us? Close to food/pool/and Bus stop? I don't want to have to do alot of walking in the resort. We did a lot of walking at CBR, but DS is 13 so that wasn't an issue. DD being 3 could be!

Robin
You sometimes share a bus w/POR . On our last 2 trips the buses around park opening time (MK, Epcot & DHS) didn't share w/POR .It was when we went later in the day we did the loop to POR. POFQ is pretty compact so none of the building are too far away but your best bets would be 5,4, 2 and 3.
In fact it is about a 15 or minute walk to POR from the pool area at POFQ.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #3761
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
That is very possible. However, Building 2 might be a better option for you if 5 isn't available. But 3 and 4 are right there as well. It is a small resort and there isn't many rooms that are "far out". The only buildings I would not want is 1 and 7.

Thank you so much for your response.

Hopefully DH wont have to spend a night in the bar.

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Old 01-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #3762
DreamLiveLoveDisney
Mouseketeer

We stayed here last month, and I loved it. My room requests were: 1) corner room and 2) refurbished room (in that order). We ended up getting room 7321, which was not a corner room, but was refurbished.
I was actually a little disappointed at first, because this was not only the furthest building, but we were on the third floor, overlooking the utility parking lot, where all of the trucks went to load and unload ...(loudly....all night long...) The first night there, the noise was pretty bad, and I considered asking for a room change. I had payed for a standard view though (only because that was all that was available when I booked), so I figured I got what I payed for and would just have to suck it up. When we got back from MK the next night, I was just getting DS tucked into bed when we heard popping noises outside. I looked out the window only to realize we had a perfect view of the fireworks!! It was wonderful on the nights that DS was too tired to stay in the parks, but still wanted to see fireworks.
I think the trucks may have only been there for the rehabs. I cant be sure though. If the rehabs are done, that lot should be a lot quieter now.

I really loved everything else about this hotel. I loved how small the hotel is. Even on the third floor of building 7, I think we were only about a 3 minute walk. The boat to DTD was great, and so convenient. And DS's favorite part, of course, was the pool!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #3763
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunasee View Post
Question -

Shunasee, Room 5201 was the room we had on our first trip to WDW. As much as we liked it, on the second trip we were assigned a room all the way at the other end of the Building 5, right on the river, and we liked that even more. Dh said he wanted that same room again so I sort of tried for it on our third trip. We ended up in Building 6 right on the river. Dh liked that room as much as he liked the others. Honestly, the "far" end of Building 5 or 6 is not a bad location at all.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #3764
melnbil
DIS Veteran

Silly Request!!

I am wondering if someone who is there or going in the next couple weeks can take a picture of the outside doorknob. My son (6) wants to take a door hang tag (the ones that say enter/dnd) and I want to make sure one will fit before I tell him yes or no. Thanks!!

Old 01-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #3765
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnbil View Post
I am wondering if someone who is there or going in the next couple weeks can take a picture of the outside doorknob. My son (6) wants to take a door hang tag (the ones that say enter/dnd) and I want to make sure one will fit before I tell him yes or no. Thanks!!

All the door handles at Disney are lever handles, which is required to be handicapped accessible in places used by the publics. All hotels in the entire country need to be this way to comply with federal law.

There are not door knobs like you see in a regular residence.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: