Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #3691
pjcasad
Earning My Ears

Hoping for a refurbished room...

We check in THIS Friday!!! Can't wait! I did online check-in and then called a few days later to request a refurbished room. They said they'd make note of it. I am going to be disappointed if we don't get it. I had hoped Bldg. 4 might be done by about now. I wonder how close to being finished with it they are? Once that's done, 3 buildings will be done, so that would increase our chances of getting our request. I'm crossing my fingers AND my toes!!! LOL
Old 01-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #3692
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

If you get there and they have you in a non-refurbed building, be sure to ask. We did this in December, when we arrived they had us in building 5, I just said that I had requested a refurbished room, and could they check to see if they could change us to one? And they did, quick as could be.

& Lucky
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #3693
ambgoph
Mouseketeer

Just got back from 8 night stay. We were in building 7 (requested). Really enjoyed the resort. We were in one of the furthest rooms from the lobby and it was only a 5 min. walk. Buses were good - never waited more than 15 min. for one. We only went to Riverside once for a park opening, all the other times were for EMH and we went directly to the park. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Next trip we'll be going back and asking for building 7 again (it was SO quiet).

To all those with upcoming trips, enjoy!!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #3694
Remmy
Mouseketeer

We will be arriving there next Saturday.

Does anyone know if they are almost finished remodeling Building 4? Have they started to let people use those rooms that are finished?

Building 4 is our family's favorite.

Thank you so much in advance for any replies.

Remmy
Old 01-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #3695
ginkybiloba
Mouseketeer

We just got back today - it was our first time staying on-site. We LOVED the hotel! We were in a refurbished room in building 6, top floor with a river view. It was gorgeous. The beds were super comfortable and I didn't find the sheets scratchy at all. The pillows were pretty uncomfortable though. Building 4 was being worked on when we were there (Jan 15-18th). Looked like the rooms were in the process of being painted, but we didn't look too closely to gauge how many rooms were near completion (sorry!). Our room still had a "new" smell to it, but it wasn't too strong. The bus service was very good, and we really enjoyed taking the boat to Downtown Disney.

My only complaint with the resort was the food court. I found the service painfully slow. I know everything is cooked to order, but I waited nearly 25 minutes for a hamburger at lunch time, and the restaurant was only moderately busy.

Oh, and they closed the pool today to power wash it. It is going to be closed for a few days - some guests were pretty upset at the lack of notice.
January 2011 7-day Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Magic and 3 nights at POFQ
January 2013 Universal Studios/IOA and 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise (Freedom of the Seas)
Old 01-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #3696
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I was just able to book POFQ for in March!!

I've had 2 other resort reservations booked already in the past few days and unhappy with all of the choices, I decided to check one more time for POFQ (my first choice of resort!) and FINALLY a standard view popped up for my AP DISCOUNT!!!!

It's been years since I've stayed at POFQ and I'll be celebrating my 26th birthday there!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #3697
Remmy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkybiloba View Post
We just got back today - it was our first time staying on-site. We LOVED the hotel! We were in a refurbished room in building 6, top floor with a river view. It was gorgeous. The beds were super comfortable and I didn't find the sheets scratchy at all. The pillows were pretty uncomfortable though. Building 4 was being worked on when we were there (Jan 15-18th). Looked like the rooms were in the process of being painted, but we didn't look too closely to gauge how many rooms were near completion (sorry!). Our room still had a "new" smell to it, but it wasn't too strong. The bus service was very good, and we really enjoyed taking the boat to Downtown Disney.

My only complaint with the resort was the food court. I found the service painfully slow. I know everything is cooked to order, but I waited nearly 25 minutes for a hamburger at lunch time, and the restaurant was only moderately busy.

Oh, and they closed the pool today to power wash it. It is going to be closed for a few days - some guests were pretty upset at the lack of notice.
Thank you for the update. It sounds like you had a great vacation. Thank you for the information on their food court and pool too.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:23 AM   #3698
pjcasad
Earning My Ears

Pool closure?

I understand the pools need periodic maintenance and that winter would be the time to do it, but since that is the only pool at POFQ, I hope they get the work done within a VERY short period of time and it's reopened in a couple of days. If any of you are there and can get info on a reopening day, please post about that. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #3699
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcasad View Post
I understand the pools need periodic maintenance and that winter would be the time to do it, but since that is the only pool at POFQ, I hope they get the work done within a VERY short period of time and it's reopened in a couple of days. If any of you are there and can get info on a reopening day, please post about that. Thanks!
You can always use the pool over at Riverside. I know it's not the same, but it's still an option!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #3700
mickeymyfavorite
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have pictures of the referb rooms. I admit I didn't go through the entire thread!

TIA
Aug 98’ ASSP ~ Aug 00’ POFQ ~ Aug 04’ POFQ ~ July 05’ POFQ ~ Nov 05’ CBR ~ July 06’ CBR ~ Nov 06’ CSR ~ July 07’ POFQ ~ Nov 07’ AKL ~ April 08’ ASMO ~ July 08' AKL ~Nov 08' SSR ~ April/May 09' CSR ~ Sept 09' BWV ~ Nov 10' CBR ~ Aug 12' AKL ~ May 13' CBR ~ July 13' POLY~ March 14' CR
Old 01-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #3701
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Pictures on page 213 of this thread or http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php
(scroll down to UPDATE: 23 November 2010)
Old 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #3702
disadventurer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
I took these photos last Thursday night, through the window blinds!

The last 2 pics are from a room on the 2nd floor but I failed to take a pic of the actual room #.
Great job on the pics! I'm even more excited now!!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #3703
mickeymyfavorite
DIS Veteran

Thanks
Aug 98’ ASSP ~ Aug 00’ POFQ ~ Aug 04’ POFQ ~ July 05’ POFQ ~ Nov 05’ CBR ~ July 06’ CBR ~ Nov 06’ CSR ~ July 07’ POFQ ~ Nov 07’ AKL ~ April 08’ ASMO ~ July 08' AKL ~Nov 08' SSR ~ April/May 09' CSR ~ Sept 09' BWV ~ Nov 10' CBR ~ Aug 12' AKL ~ May 13' CBR ~ July 13' POLY~ March 14' CR
Old 01-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #3704
pjcasad
Earning My Ears

Checked in today and DID get a refurbished room.....LOVE it!!! We are in 6308. It's a bit far from where we had to park the car (since the lot for Bldg. 6 is still filled with construction vehicles). I suggested to hubby that we get the bell service to move our bags, and he said NO, but I think he was sorry after awhile. hahaha! Bldg. 4 was SWARMING with workers.....kind of odd....some rooms seem done and others appear to still need a good bit of work....can't quite figure out how they did it. I'm not sure if they work on weekends. I'll keep an eye open and report any further news on Bldg. 4. The pool IS open already after being power-washed. Can't believe we are here now....and I'm sure the time is going to fly by way too quickly.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:31 AM   #3705
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Thanks for the update. I guess the news we all need to know now is when they finish building 4 (which should be in the next week or so I reckon) and then which building they move on to. Presumably that'll be 5, then 2 - assuming they don't decide to work inwards from the other end of the resort and leave the middle to last anyway.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: