Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #3676
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubato View Post
We just returned last night from 6 nights. I had requested building 6, and, upon checkin, was issued building 5. I asked if there was any way at all to get a room in 6 (I asked VERY nicely). I got upgraded to a riverview room for free. First floor room 6137. It was PERFECT! I couldn't have asked for a better location. The room was beautiful. The toilet flushing at night was loud, but there was no noise at all other than that. No kids running around. No noise at all.

Building 4 looked to be about halfway done. Some rooms were all the way up to beds and mattresses while others were gutted. The construction crew was nice enough to leave the windows open and the lights on at night for us to peak.

The pool was very nice, but we only spent about 1 hour total there.

Buses were fantastic. I don't know why, but there was never, at any point in our trip, a wheelchair or ECV. 3 strollers total, and I bet we took 20 busses at least. We only went to Riverside 2 times. We had to wait 20 minutes at Epcot one time, and every other bus was either immediate or within 5 minutes. We only stood once. Of course, we left the parks right before fireworks in order to make this work.

I don't think I will ever stay anywhere else on property. I loved everything about this resort. The boat, the busses, the themeing, the crowds. The food court masks were a little freaky, but I can handle that.
So glad you had such a nice trip. FQ is pretty special. We stayed there just ebfore the last refurb -It was our second stay in a moderate (we'd been going since '81 and mod prices were looking awfully good by 2001!). On that first stay I was not crazy about the rooms (very, very dark), but found out they were due for a refurb, so we went back right after the refurb and LOVED it -then a couple of more stays after that one. Thinking the current refurb will have me visiting soon.

Welcome back and thanks for the review! Great room location!!

Old 01-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #3677
KSBelle
DIS Veteran

Just jumped over here to see if there was any new rehab news---guess not
I didn't put in a building request for our March stay-just thought we'd let the Mouse decide. Odds are-for late March we'll get a refurbed room.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #3678
disadventurer
DIS Veteran

Our family is returning to POFQ Feb. 22-27. We are so excited!! Subscribed to portorleans.org feed and found a wealth of info. as well. Initially, (April 2007) we had stayed in Bldg. 4 in a corner room on the second floor overlooking a walkway and a beautiful courtyard (kids kicked the soccer ball around first thing in the morning when it was cool). It was our first time and really just loved the intimate feel of the resort.

Stayed again in Bldg. 3 in two rooms in August 2008, but it wasn't the same. Perhaps it was hurricane Fay which literally may have dampened our spirits or that fact that we had two rooms.

The kids really enjoyed Scat Cats as they all play instruments and he was "cool." Really engaged the guests!

Boat transportation is great to DTD and definitely adds to the location's ambiance. May take 15-20 minutes--worth it! Also, rent the water mouse at Riverside and investigate the waterways. We think it's a better location than the Seven Seas lagoon for that activity!

We loved the decor as it is so garish and definitely Disney.

Requested bldg. 4 when we spoke with Blaire (CM) and she even sent an email to confirm our request. Fingers crossed we get a refurbished room. Queen beds are definitely more comfortable after a long day!

Any more info. on the refurbished rooms?? TIA
Old 01-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #3679
jacksmom
DIS Veteran

When will the rehab be completed?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #3680
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmom View Post
When will the rehab be completed?
It's supposed to be finished in April.

As an aside....I remember seeing concept art of themed Haunted Mansion and Princess rooms (similar to the Pirate rooms at CBR) for POFQ and POR and haven't heard anything about these themed rooms being made a reality. Has the themed room idea been scrapped for POFQ and POR?
Old 01-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #3681
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Are there pictures anywhere of the renovated rooms? Just got a GREAT PIN in my email and we're debating where to stay in December. DH says go as cheap as possible so we can do all the other fun Christmas events like CP and MVMCP, but POFQ is the first place we ever stayed and I love it. Our last stay was in Jan 2007 and it was in DESPERATE need of a makeover, so I swore it off until they did so. Now I'm so excited to see what the rooms look like! It only ends up being close to $200 more for the 5 nights total, so I think it's worth it
Thanks
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 01-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #3682
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
It's supposed to be finished in April.

As an aside....I remember seeing concept art of themed Haunted Mansion and Princess rooms (similar to the Pirate rooms at CBR) for POFQ and POR and haven't heard anything about these themed rooms being made a reality. Has the themed room idea been scrapped for POFQ and POR?
I was wondering the same.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 01-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #3683
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Are there pictures anywhere of the renovated rooms? Just got a GREAT PIN in my email and we're debating where to stay in December. DH says go as cheap as possible so we can do all the other fun Christmas events like CP and MVMCP, but POFQ is the first place we ever stayed and I love it. Our last stay was in Jan 2007 and it was in DESPERATE need of a makeover, so I swore it off until they did so. Now I'm so excited to see what the rooms look like! It only ends up being close to $200 more for the 5 nights total, so I think it's worth it
Thanks
Same here. Our room had some issues. I never complained but I wouldn't stay at POFQ my favorite until it got done.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 01-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #3684
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks
There are some on page 240 of this thread, about halfway down.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #3685
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Thanks
http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php

The above link has photos of rehabbed rooms, and has a lot of useful information about POFQ and POR.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #3686
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I'm excited to hear that some of you have gotten PIN codes for Nov/Dec! Right now we are booked at rack rate...not even a AAA discount was available. Crossing my fingers for a PIN!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #3687
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Same here. Our room had some issues. I never complained but I wouldn't stay at POFQ my favorite until it got done.
Yes! Our room in Jan 2007 was very dirty and looked very dated. I was bummed because I love POFQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
There are some on page 240 of this thread, about halfway down.
Thank you!!! The bedspreads are, finally, more subdued! YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php

The above link has photos of rehabbed rooms, and has a lot of useful information about POFQ and POR.
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
I'm excited to hear that some of you have gotten PIN codes for Nov/Dec! Right now we are booked at rack rate...not even a AAA discount was available. Crossing my fingers for a PIN!!!
Yes! I got this PIN last week and it was for very specific dates between Feb and Dec (listed below.) Unfortunately, I'm a teacher and can't use any of the dates except for the 5 days before Christmas since my school gives us off the week before and after Christmas (but we have to go back the 2nd week of August because of it, haha!) The PIN is 35-35-40-40 !!

Here are the valid dates:
2/27–3/5, 5/8–5/27, 5/31–6/4, 8/21–10/8, 10/23–10/29, 11/13–11/19, 11/27–12/3 and 12/11–12/24/11
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 01-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #3688
mickey mouse lover
Mouseketeer

We are here now, and I guess we lucked out. Our room has not been refurbished yet, but I would have no problem staying in this room again. It does not look that worn. Little things but nothing bad. They are still working on building 4. I do love this resort.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #3689
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:

Yes! I got this PIN last week and it was for very specific dates between Feb and Dec (listed below.) Unfortunately, I'm a teacher and can't use any of the dates except for the 5 days before Christmas since my school gives us off the week before and after Christmas (but we have to go back the 2nd week of August because of it, haha!) The PIN is 35-35-40-40 !!

Here are the valid dates:
2/27–3/5, 5/8–5/27, 5/31–6/4, 8/21–10/8, 10/23–10/29, 11/13–11/19, 11/27–12/3 and 12/11–12/24/11
Cool! Hopefully it is one that you just have to check in on one of those dates! Hopefully I get one, too, or I can hope I can use it to check in on 11/19 all I want, but it won't do me any good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey mouse lover View Post
We are here now, and I guess we lucked out. Our room has not been refurbished yet, but I would have no problem staying in this room again. It does not look that worn. Little things but nothing bad. They are still working on building 4. I do love this resort.
Enjoy your trip!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #3690
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Cool! Hopefully it is one that you just have to check in on one of those dates! Hopefully I get one, too, or I can hope I can use it to check in on 11/19 all I want, but it won't do me any good!

Enjoy your trip!

I was hoping that too because we could have gone in June (since our last day of school is June 3 and the code goes through June 4,) but as far as I can tell, when I put in June 4-June 9 it only gives me the discount for the first night Bummer!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: