Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #3661
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
J We joked that if there was another family who mirrored all of our moves but did so 3 minutes later, they'd go home and tell everyone what TERRIBLE bus service Polynesian had!
I second this. We spent 15 days at POFQ in October and never waited for a bus except on a handful of occasions leaving parks at closing when we opted to wait for a second bus because the first one was standing room only. Interestingly enough, when I got back I went to read reviews of other guests who stayed there at the same time as us. Well guess what the biggest complaints were? "I had to wait forever for every single bus ....."

Timing is everything
Old 01-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #3662
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, you want to avoid an 'interior corner' room as they are probably worse than a standard room. An exterior facing corner room will give you two windows though, as the OP suggested.

Andre
This pic confuses me. Look like the new wall color, curtains, and border but looks like the old bedspread and heating unit?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #3663
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
This pic confuses me. Look like the new wall color, curtains, and border but looks like the old bedspread and heating unit?
Sorry, that's a Magnolia Bend (POR) photo. I did say a while back that I found the new decor at POFQ was rather reminiscent of Magnolia Bend.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #3664
KELLY
DIS Veteran

I noticed a thermostate on the wall. Did they get rid of the clunky old AC's ?

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 01-11-2011, 03:52 AM   #3665
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
I noticed a thermostate on the wall. Did they get rid of the clunky old AC's ?
No, they still have the ACs located under the window, although they are now inside a wooden housing to match the rest of the decor. They're not especially old though, they were replaced around the whole resort a couple of years ago with newer models.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #3666
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glk2009 View Post
Thanks for the replies!

I now have another question... anyone know if they sell soy milk on the property?

I know they sold the individual-sized ones at AKL, but I didn't know if this was Disney-wide.

Thanks again!
I know someone already mentioned that they could find it at POR, but I just wanted to let you know that if you don't see it, ask for it. I'm not totally lactose intolerant, but I feel awful after drinking straight milk. We were at the Crystal Palace for breakfast and I really wanted some cereal, so I asked if they had soy milk and she brought out one of the individual sized ones. It doesn't hurt to ask! I've never *not* found it when I wanted it.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:05 AM   #3667
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, they still have the ACs located under the window, although they are now inside a wooden housing to match the rest of the decor. They're not especially old though, they were replaced around the whole resort a couple of years ago with newer models.

Andre

It has been a while since we were there and ours was rather clunky at the time and didn't operate well. Our room has some minor issues in the bathroom. So we figured we would give it a break and try pop. But that aside POFQ is still my . I think we are ready to go back.
Wish me luck when I call they still have rooms under our promo.

Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 01-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #3668
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anorman View Post
We requested a corner room for our trip last August thinking that all corner rooms had the two windows....WRONG! We did get the corner room we requested however it had only the one window and it was right next to the staircase and a building throughfare. Not a great location.....we could hear people going up and down the stairs all day and night! This wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I requested a corner room! I still loved our stay here and will be going back, hopefully next August, but I will be more careful with my room requests next time.
Yikes! Good to know because I'm a light sleeper! It makes sense now that some of them would be on the corner near the stairwell! I think I'll leave well enough alone and just see where we end up - leave it to fate!

Quote:
Yes, you want to avoid an 'interior corner' room as they are probably worse than a standard room. An exterior facing corner room will give you two windows though, as the OP suggested.

Andre
Thanks for the distinction and clarification! Exactly - we would want an exterior corner room, away from the stairwell!

I appreciate all the help!
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
Old 01-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #3669
debandaaron
Earning My Ears

Refurb bld 4?

Quote:
That was what I was expecting to happen (they seem to clear the buildings ready on Sundays, and start work on Mondays) but I've not seen confirmation yet.

Anyone there at the moment who can confirm it for us?

Andre
Anyone confirm building 4 yet? So far its building 6 & 7 are refurbed, right? We are going to POFQ Jan 26th

Debbie
Old 01-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #3670
CatManDoo
Mouseketeer

We're staying at POFQ 6/12 - 6/18. Are all the refurbs scheduled to be completed by then? Thanks! Can't wait!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:26 AM   #3671
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
We're staying at POFQ 6/12 - 6/18. Are all the refurbs scheduled to be completed by then? Thanks! Can't wait!
Word is the POFQ rehabs are to be finished by the end of April, then they are to start over at PORS.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #3672
CatManDoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Word is the POFQ rehabs are to be finished by the end of April, then they are to start over at PORS.
CatManDoo likes this.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #3673
kcsspartan
Mouseketeer

Just booked POFQ for a trip this November. Got a PIN code for 35% for all of our trip except the first night, so I am definately happy. Not that much more than my trip last year considering I am adding an extra night at the hotel.
Yippee
Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #3674
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Yeah finally got around to booking POFQ for our next trip. Glad to be going back! I think once the girls are a little older we will do Riverside. But for know the love the slide at POFQ. We are on the QSDP so know since we have more TS meals available being closer to DTD thinking of upgrading that also.

Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 01-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #3675
rubato
DIS Veteran

We just returned last night from 6 nights. I had requested building 6, and, upon checkin, was issued building 5. I asked if there was any way at all to get a room in 6 (I asked VERY nicely). I got upgraded to a riverview room for free. First floor room 6137. It was PERFECT! I couldn't have asked for a better location. The room was beautiful. The toilet flushing at night was loud, but there was no noise at all other than that. No kids running around. No noise at all.

Building 4 looked to be about halfway done. Some rooms were all the way up to beds and mattresses while others were gutted. The construction crew was nice enough to leave the windows open and the lights on at night for us to peak.

The pool was very nice, but we only spent about 1 hour total there.

Buses were fantastic. I don't know why, but there was never, at any point in our trip, a wheelchair or ECV. 3 strollers total, and I bet we took 20 busses at least. We only went to Riverside 2 times. We had to wait 20 minutes at Epcot one time, and every other bus was either immediate or within 5 minutes. We only stood once. Of course, we left the parks right before fireworks in order to make this work.

I don't think I will ever stay anywhere else on property. I loved everything about this resort. The boat, the busses, the themeing, the crowds. The food court masks were a little freaky, but I can handle that.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: