Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #271
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Has anyone been there during Easter? Do they usually do something?

Can't wait only 92 more days to go...
Old 01-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #272
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
The decorations are awesome!
thanks!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #273
Emme
DIS Veteran

We had existing reservations using the room only code and now Passholder rates came out and we rebooked. Saved only about $60 BUT we were able to add on the Dining Plan. Still no water view rooms available though... The CM was very helpful and put a ton of requests down re: room location as she had just stayed there recently and had a standard room as well. She said she adored POFQ. I am getting SO EXCITED, I feel like a kid
Old 01-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #274
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
We had existing reservations using the room only code and now Passholder rates came out and we rebooked. Saved only about $60 BUT we were able to add on the Dining Plan. Still no water view rooms available though... The CM was very helpful and put a ton of requests down re: room location as she had just stayed there recently and had a standard room as well. She said she adored POFQ. I am getting SO EXCITED, I feel like a kid
I would not worry about a water view room. You pay more for the view but there are no balconies to enjoy that view. We asked for and received a WV the first time we visited POFQ and while the view was lovely it was impossible to see from the room. For you to see the water you must keep your blinds wide open and becasue of the external corridors you are also a view.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #275
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

I will Nancy! Our family will have a great time at my favorite place to stay POFQ!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
Old 01-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #276
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
I will Nancy! Our family will have a great time at my favorite place to stay POFQ!
Jeany- try to get up and out early one morning and just walk towards the center court. I am an early riser and would enjoy that time. There is jazz music playing softly, the sidewalks and the "streets" are freshly washed and the air is soft. You can smell the flowers. One year little bunnies kept peeking out from the shrubbery.

The pool area is also nice even if it is not warm enough to swim. I liked taking a book down there but ended up people watching from my sunny perch. Again, the music is in the background.

Have a wonderful birthday trip!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #277
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Planning a May trip - when Disney came out with the Military ticket programs and a 40% room discount, I figured, hey, why not. We're still planning on an October trip, BUT May is the only month I've never been to WDW and I've never stayed at POFQ before. Only 4 months to go! I had to track this thread down to see if I made a good choice. Evidently I did.

Unexpected trips are the best!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #278
Twinkly-Tink
Mouseketeer

Hi all

We're staying at POFQ for our first time onsite in June!!

We only have a standard room booked (figured wasn't going to be in the room long enough for a water view!). Does anyone know i you can get a 'standard King' room? Or are these all upgrades that need to be paid for?

TIA

Me 42 DH 41 Barney 14

Old 01-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #279
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkly-Tink View Post
We only have a standard room booked (figured wasn't going to be in the room long enough for a water view!). Does anyone know i you can get a 'standard King' room? Or are these all upgrades that need to be paid for?
You can get a non-waterview King room, but yes it is classed as an upgrade (unless someone likes you at checkin)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #280
Twinkly-Tink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
You can get a non-waterview King room, but yes it is classed as an upgrade (unless someone likes you at checkin)

Andre
Thanks Andre

Do you think if it's my DH birthday the day after we check in they may sprinkle some here's hoping!

Thanks again - seen your website and its fantastic! Wealth of information.

Me 42 DH 41 Barney 14

Old 01-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #281
jsoren11
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

I probably asked this wuestion a long time ago, but here it is again, sorry a.w.

Do some of the King rooms connect with the standard rooms? This is what we are trying to accomplish when we go the end of this month, I paid for the King upgrade on one ressie, but only a standard on the second. They do have some of those that connect right???
Offsite WDW July,1983 : Disneyland July,1991 : Tokyo Disneyland May,1993 : Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea Oct,2007 : POFQ Jan-Feb,2009 DL Travelodge on Harbor Sept, 2010 : DL Hotel Menage on Harbor Sept 2011, Aug 2012
Old 01-09-2009, 03:43 AM   #282
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkly-Tink View Post
Do you think if it's my DH birthday the day after we check in they may sprinkle some here's hoping!
Hey West Midlands neighbour!

What you ask depends on whether any such rooms are available at the time - obviously they will have to prioritise people who have actually paid for the upgrade first. But otherwise, it never hurts to ask, and playing the birthday card (no pun intended) can't do any harm either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoren11 View Post
Do some of the King rooms connect with the standard rooms? This is what we are trying to accomplish when we go the end of this month, I paid for the King upgrade on one ressie, but only a standard on the second. They do have some of those that connect right???
Yes, there are King rooms that connect with standard rooms, but the more specific your requests get, the more difficult it becomes for the resort to happen to have a match available when you check in. It might be worth contacting them a day or two before you arrive and see if someone could block out two rooms for you - but there are no guarantees of course.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #283
spacec47
Mouseketeer

We just booked a trip for Sept 2009 to POFQ with the military discount! What are the things that we must do or see at POFQ?

CR Sept 2009April 2008 GF my 30th b-dayJune 2006 Poly DD's 1st b-dayJune 2004 CR DS's 1st b-day 3rd anniversaryJan 2002 WL honeymoon
Old 01-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #284
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

I can't hardly wait to stay in POFQ in the end of January!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
Old 01-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #285
indigoxtreme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacec47 View Post
We just booked a trip for Sept 2009 to POFQ with the military discount! What are the things that we must do or see at POFQ?
Food court Beignets. Wonderful. Cat Scat Lounge. A nice walk along with river to POR 10 min max and go see Bob the piano player at POR. Boat to DTD is nice, the whole place is quiet and wonderful. I am glad you were able to get it. We arrive in May
May 2014 POR Birthday trip for Jeremy and After school trip for the Granddaughters. September 2013 POR April 2013 POR July-2012 POR 05-09 POFQ 11-07 POR with Family & Friends Granmaz and John 09-07 POR with Granddaughters 10-06 MNSSHP POFQ 02-06 POFQ 30th Anniv 9-05 POFQ 4-00 Son's Marching Band at Magic Kindom 7-96 Ft Wilderness Cabins Prior times in DTD Hotels when they were treated as Disney Guest.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: