Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #256
hippsmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 299

We truly enjoyed our first stay at POFQ in December. I thought the colors of the decorations were so warm and cozy and fun! I wish I could duplicate that here! We did not have as much time to explore the resort as I had hoped but we did manage to take the boat to DTD and stroll by the pool. (too cold for us to swim) So thanks so much for the slideshow...it was great and only confirmed how beautiful I thought POFQ was. BTW, I had coffee one morning with some chocolate mousse from the Patisserie and did not find it to be horrible but maybe it was the chocolate mousse. I have always wanted to stay at the Wilderness Lodge but I was certainly not disappointed with POFQ and would recommend it to anyone.
hippsmom is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #257
jsoren11
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
 
jsoren11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Highlands Ranch Colorado
Posts: 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippsmom View Post
We truly enjoyed our first stay at POFQ in December. I thought the colors of the decorations were so warm and cozy and fun! I wish I could duplicate that here! We did not have as much time to explore the resort as I had hoped but we did manage to take the boat to DTD and stroll by the pool. (too cold for us to swim) So thanks so much for the slideshow...it was great and only confirmed how beautiful I thought POFQ was. BTW, I had coffee one morning with some chocolate mousse from the Patisserie and did not find it to be horrible but maybe it was the chocolate mousse. I have always wanted to stay at the Wilderness Lodge but I was certainly not disappointed with POFQ and would recommend it to anyone.
When you say too cold to swim, how cold was it and were there other people swimming? What was the normal low while you were there?
__________________
Jon And Chris Plus Six
Offsite WDW July,1983 : Disneyland July,1991 : Tokyo Disneyland May,1993 : Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea Oct,2007 : POFQ Jan-Feb,2009 DL Travelodge on Harbor Sept, 2010 : DL Hotel Menage on Harbor Sept 2011, Aug 2012
jsoren11 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #258
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan
 
jeanylaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Miami Fl is planning to moving to Orlando, Fl
Posts: 2,524

This hotel will be awesome!
__________________
October 2007-Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
November 2006- All-Star Music Resort
October 2008- Disney's All Star Music Resort
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
jeanylaser is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #259
hippsmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoren11 View Post
When you say too cold to swim, how cold was it and were there other people swimming? What was the normal low while you were there?
I do not know the exact temps...50's for lows, 80's for highs. It would have been plenty warm to swim during the day, highs were in the low 80's. We never returned to the resort until late evening and by then it seemed chilly to me. I am a cold person by nature though! There were people swimming after dark the night of our arrival, 12/18. It was nice that evening although I walked to our room with my wool coat on and didn't get too warm. It felt wonderful after coming from winter in Ohio!!
hippsmom is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #260
daleswife
DIS Veteran
 
daleswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1,314

im hoping to stay here this september. It will be our first time staying there. I hope we get too. I have always wanted to but have never had the chance....it looks beautiful.
__________________
daleswife is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #261
jeepster93
Earning My Ears
 
jeepster93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29

Too cold to Swim....

Heated pools in winter too cold to swim? Sounds lovely to me, though that's coming from a girl who's used to swimming in Maine waters that don't go above 60-ish degrees in the summertime! This will most likely mean that August will be WAY too hot for me, but the pool at POFQ looks to be a lot of fun. Or maybe just the hot tub....mmmm.... can you tell it's 17 degrees outside my home right now? Can't wait to go!

The coffee I spoke of, by the way, was the in-room coffee. I had no reports on the food court, but have to bring my own anyways because I need GF coffee - I've got Celiac Disease .
__________________
Mhana Mhana



Me (35) DH (45)

Rest in peace, our Jake 12/16/12 LittleGirl Beyla

1988 - Poly
2000 - ASMo
2009 - POFQ
2010 - POR
2012 - POR
2013 - POR 10th anniversary trip!!!!

Last edited by jeepster93; 01-04-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: spelling error!
jeepster93 is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #262
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippsmom View Post
We truly enjoyed our first stay at POFQ in December. I thought the colors of the decorations were so warm and cozy and fun! I wish I could duplicate that here! We did not have as much time to explore the resort as I had hoped but we did manage to take the boat to DTD and stroll by the pool. (too cold for us to swim) So thanks so much for the slideshow...it was great and only confirmed how beautiful I thought POFQ was. BTW, I had coffee one morning with some chocolate mousse from the Patisserie and did not find it to be horrible but maybe it was the chocolate mousse. I have always wanted to stay at the Wilderness Lodge but I was certainly not disappointed with POFQ and would recommend it to anyone.
It really is a lovely resort and you are welcome for the photos! We decorated Christmas trees for our rooms and wreaths with those colors for our doors too!







__________________
Elin

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #263
hippsmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 299

Your Christmas decorations are lovely. Those colors are inspiring! I keep looking at the clearance Christmas decor and thinking...hmmm, I could get a box of purple, green, gold and red.

Your photos were truly beautiful. You could tell you put a lot of thought into them. They were a wonderful reminder of our recent trip.
hippsmom is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #264
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippsmom View Post
Your Christmas decorations are lovely. Those colors are inspiring! I keep looking at the clearance Christmas decor and thinking...hmmm, I could get a box of purple, green, gold and red.

Your photos were truly beautiful. You could tell you put a lot of thought into them. They were a wonderful reminder of our recent trip.
Thank you for your kind words! The majority of the ornaments I used were in one big box from Target! The street signs, masks and beads with crowns all came from Oriental Trading Company, so you can see that I did not have to spend very much money to decorate the trees and wreaths!
__________________
Elin

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #265
PrincesCJM
DIS Veteran
 
PrincesCJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 620

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93 View Post
Heated pools in winter too cold to swim? Sounds lovely to me, though that's coming from a girl who's used to swimming in Maine waters that don't go above 60-ish degrees in the summertime! This will most likely mean that August will be WAY too hot for me, but the pool at POFQ looks to be a lot of fun. Or maybe just the hot tub....mmmm.... can you tell it's 17 degrees outside my home right now? Can't wait to go!
Greetings from a fellow Mainer! I agree with you, any temperature in the pool has got to be warmer then any lake in Maine or certainly the ocean
__________________
Carla DH Todd DS Trevor October November
Two trips as a child 5/04 - Offsite 8/07 - Offsite/ASSp. DH's first trip. 8/09 - POFQ for honeymoon. 4/11 - Pop Century for our 3rd trip together! 7/11 - Offsite for STS-135 Launch seen from KSCVC 7/13 - Pop Century. DS's first trip! 4/2015 - ?ASMo or ASMu?

PrincesCJM is offline  
Old 01-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #266
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan
 
jeanylaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Miami Fl is planning to moving to Orlando, Fl
Posts: 2,524

In the shops at the Port Orleans French Quarter do they have some new t-shirt says celebration Today in Disney World! Do they!
__________________
October 2007-Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
November 2006- All-Star Music Resort
October 2008- Disney's All Star Music Resort
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
jeanylaser is offline  
Old 01-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #267
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,129

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
In the shops at the Port Orleans French Quarter do they have some new t-shirt says celebration Today in Disney World! Do they!
It wouldn't surprise me. And you'll get find out in a week...!

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #268
dydo2424
Mouseketeer
 
dydo2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 308

Does anyone know if this resort does anything special for Mardis Gras? I just realized that I will be at WDW when it's going on. Thanks!
__________________
Diane
June 1 - 7, 2012, Friends and Family Trip

8/10 - 17/2010, The Last Minute Crew Grand Gathering 2/23 - 3/2/2009 - Surprise Mother Daughter Trip to POP August 14 - 20, 2008 Pop Century August 15 - 21, 2007 Pop Century w/ P&PP Dec. 06 - POR 1990 - 1997 - 4 trips off - site 986 - Sr. trip, 1st trip, off site - got there via school bus
dydo2424 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #269
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan
 
jeanylaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Miami Fl is planning to moving to Orlando, Fl
Posts: 2,524

thanks for the info! Andre you're cool! I can't wait to stay in this hotel in the end of January! Thanks again Andre!
__________________
October 2007-Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
November 2006- All-Star Music Resort
October 2008- Disney's All Star Music Resort
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
jeanylaser is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #270
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran
 
Nancyg56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 15,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
It really is a lovely resort and you are welcome for the photos! We decorated Christmas trees for our rooms and wreaths with those colors for our doors too!
The decorations are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
thanks for the info! Andre you're cool! I can't wait to stay in this hotel in the end of January! Thanks again Andre!
You are going to have so much fun!
__________________
Nancyg56 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: